Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    @Jaceigh‌ -- thanks for the gift!!!
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hi @LadybugLeslie and @Sweet2 for getting back to me so quick. Sorry, I thought I listed those two figures. My Full Story book CYS is 9% 1330 pts and my Make A Wish is 33% 2135. I saw in your post on the 1st page that my points have to be at 1305 but I wasn't sure if there was different weighting between the various sets (i.e. some count for more than others). So that maybe if I completed the Attire set it would be worth more than Storybook...oh well...I still have a ways to go on that one so I'll just wait till the list rotates again. There are a bunch of items on the DD that I can pick up to help my cys for the next time it comes around. No big - thanks :smile:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @LadybugLeslie I have a question about the Make a Wish Compilation cascade. You listed the sets you own but I was wondering if what I have will work or if what I'm working on is a waste of points. I was going to try for the Faire Folke Attire and Furnishings this Thursday but you don't mention it in your cascade. I don't own much of the Storybook stuff so I wondered if the items I have in this set would compensate. If you have a chance and are feeling up to it, would you mind checking the math? I just don't want to waste points (mine or gifters) on the Faire set if I don't have to.
    I'll just list my CYS on all sets within the compilation. If you need more info, let me know.

My CYS on Storybook Bathroom is 185; I own Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; My Once Upon a Time Cottage is currently at 59% and a CYS of 305 pts; I too own Faire Folk Slumber and my Storybook Dining is at a CYS of 145. I own only the Romantique Chaise from Storybook Living Room (7%) and nothing from Storybook Bedroom. My Full Storybook Set is at 9% or 1330 pts. My Happily Ever After is at 27% or 595 pts. My Faire Folk Attire is at 10% or 530 pts; my Faire Folk Den is at 29% or 245 pts; My Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den) is at 49% or 240 pts; My Faire Folk Furnishings and Attire is at 29% or 900 pts.
    Hi @LadybugLeslie and @Sweet2 for getting back to me so quick. Sorry, I thought I listed those two figures. My Full Story book CYS is 9% 1330 pts and my Make A Wish is 33% 2135. I saw in your post on the 1st page that my points have to be at 1305 but I wasn't sure if there was different weighting between the various sets (i.e. some count for more than others). So that maybe if I completed the Attire set it would be worth more than Storybook...oh well...I still have a ways to go on that one so I'll just wait till the list rotates again. There are a bunch of items on the DD that I can pick up to help my cys for the next time it comes around. No big - thanks :smile:

@simgeek79‌

You are 922 SPV away from the green download. Finishing Once Upon a Cottage would give you roughly 720 SPV for 305 sp. FFF+A would be major overkill on the points (would give you an additional 1173 SPV), but should only cost you 438 sp-- that is your best bet for getting the green download on this rotation. Otherwise, the cheapest route would be finishing FF Slumber+Den for 240 sp, SB Bath on dd for 72 sp, and SB dining on DD for 56 sp. That totals up to 368sp, so not a major savings. Although if you don't have some of the items in the sets that are on the dd you could potentially get it for less sps by picking up some of those individual items.

If you want to go for FFF+A, I think you should finish the Den via FFS+D for 240 sp, which I believe will knock your DD CYS to 100sp for FFF+A, so that's a total of 340 sp. Not bad! These numbers are definitely just estimations, so I might be a little off. But this could actually shake out to be the cheapest AND quickest way to finish out your compilation :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    hmmmnn... thank you @LadybugLeslie I think I will try finishing the FFS+D and go from there. I'll let you know how it pans out :) Thanks again for checking for me <3

Edit: I just picked up the Fantasy Tree off the Sale Page and hopefully the sales page tomorrow includes another piece or the whole Den set at a discount (that's where I got the Slumber part) then I'll be in a good position when FFF+A comes up on Thursday!

• Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @LadybugLeslie‌ i had nausea with my second pregnancy, but not my first. coincidentally, the second one was post-30. my docs thought the second one was gonna be a girl because it was so different, but he turned out to be a boy anyway! my docs just always said, "every woman is different, every pregnancy is different" but i guess i kind of thought i knew what to expect and was surprised when it was different! i hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @LadybugLeslie‌ i had nausea with my second pregnancy, but not my first. coincidentally, the second one was post-30. my docs thought the second one was gonna be a girl because it was so different, but he turned out to be a boy anyway! my docs just always said, "every woman is different, every pregnancy is different" but i guess i kind of thought i knew what to expect and was surprised when it was different! i hope you start feeling better soon.

Thought I would just copy and paste your comments from now on @Radlee since we always say the same thing - LOL :D

Edit: Of course, mine would have been slightly different seeing as I have three children one boy and then two girls but why quibble, close enough ;) Have a great day / night everyone <3
    P.S. Picked up my Kimono this morning as part of the World Inspiration Cascade!
    Post edited by simgeek79 on

• Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    edited February 2015
    Treats no Tricks!!!! Try to get it! It's a compilation that effects lots of other sets! I just got a massive cascade that went through Treats no Tricks from Jazz Age and Le Cirque and into Make-a-Wish and Fanciful Fashions. I already had several pieces of each, but Treats no Tricks tipped everything into green buttons by the time I finished clicking all the green buttons!!! OhMyGoodness what a morning!!!

My starting sp's remaining are listed on my thread if you want to see (look at the pieces for Treats no Tricks to see the effected sets)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808776/penndra-says-thank-you-huggles/p1
    I won't be updating for several hours, too busy with other stuff today.
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    Sophie-DavidSophie-David Posts: 98 Member
    :) Good to know, thank you!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That's awesome @Penndra‌ !!! I can't wait to look into that! :star: Happy green download dance :star:

I too picked up my kimono! And I got a green download on the Man Cave Compilation -- yay!!

@simgeek79‌ -- I just saw that the FF den is on the sale page!! hooray!
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @LadybugLeslie‌
    not sure if you saw this morning ads are playing not many mind you and you have to click through a lot of pages to get them to show up
    just wanted to make sure you saw it
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    @LadybugLeslie‌
    not sure if you saw this morning ads are playing not many mind you and you have to click through a lot of pages to get them to show up
    just wanted to make sure you saw it

Yes! I got a nice run off of the sale page a little bit ago-- so happy!!
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    @LadyGreenEyes this is great stuff isn't it!!! :D@LadybugLeslie is a genius <3 and she has inspired me to do some sleuthing and math as well...I started the Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit set this morning (I have the Bistro but want to build a diner!) and have now figured out how to get the 600 point set for only 74 points. Please Leslie, don't hesitate to double check my math, in fact, PLEASE check my math just to be sure. I am not a numbers person at all :\
    So, here it is :D
    Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit
    Deal # 532 Cloud Nine Counter 25 spts (50 spts value)
    Deal # 151 Classy Chassis Dining Chair 20 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 441 Hot Rod Table 29 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 521 Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit 192 simpoints or 68% off but your CYS with those three items should be 360 so you should get it free according to Eliana's calculator :) This will then help you with the I Heart the 50's set (includes Rebel Just Because) as well. I hope this makes sense :p
    Edited: Put a spaced between # and first digit because for some reason it turned blue and created a weird link all on its own. Hope that helped...will see in a second...

Indeed, this is SO helpful! It's hard to be patient some days, but worth the wait, I believe, to get sets for free instead of even at a low cost. I have a document saved with a list of all the sets, and what percentage, if any I own, along with the current cost in SP. Right now I am waiting for the Live, Laugh, Love, and then the Viva Las Vegas Living and Go All In to hit the DD, so I can scoop them up. Hoping the LLL set makes the compilation with the theater really drop, because I really want that venue!

@LadybugLeslie, congrats on the coming baby! Hopefully, you won't be too sick for too long. Know well how that can go! Dry crackers helped me a little, at times, and small snacks spread out instead of big meals. At least then, when you are sick, it's not so bad. Either way, the reward is worth the nausea!
  • Options
    @LadyGreenEyes‌ -- I've never had dry plum- I'll have to give it a try. Yesterday was my worst day :disappointed: Hubby had to call the dr to get some meds called in. Boo. Still building my strength back up from that ordeal. But the lovely ads are helping perk me up :smiley: But you're quite right- the reward is worth the nausea!
  • Options
    @LadyGreenEyes‌ -- I've never had dry plum- I'll have to give it a try. Yesterday was my worst day :disappointed: Hubby had to call the dr to get some meds called in. Boo. Still building my strength back up from that ordeal. But the lovely ads are helping perk me up :smiley: But you're quite right- the reward is worth the nausea!

@LadybugLeslie you poor thing :( I'm sorry to hear that. I am glad that the ads have been good to you and hope they and the meds help u feel better soon :blush:

Thank you also for the gift - much too kind :kissing_heart:

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @LadybugLeslie‌ Hang in there. For most ladies, it gets better after a couple of months. Then it's great until the last month when you're too big to be comfortable! For me, at first, I was very sensitive to smells. The aroma of baking yeast bread, which I usually love, made me queasy. Weird. But it did help to keep a little something bland in my stomach. Don't get too hungry.
  • Options
    Yeah- I got caught in this bad cycle yesterday, and I definitely got too hungry, but I wasn't able to keep even a goldfish cracker down- thus the meds! My other 2 pregnancies were nothing like this!! Both of those I went 41 weeks and didn't even care, because I just was not that typical monstrously uncomfortable pregnant lady. I guess this kid will pay me back for 2 easy breezy pregnancies ;)
  • Options
    @ladybugleslie I wanted to again thank you for this thread. surprisingly that only a short time ago I had no idea I was so overspending so much but as of right now i have all the cascades you have on here either a good way into them or just waiting on the DDs to come around. between you here and everyone over on the complete a set forum I am well on my way to actually getting most of the store items, which to be honest I never even imagined that it was even possible, before I met you I had list of things I had wanted to get from the store and I calculated it out to 200$, it has been nowhere near that amount as I have only put in 40$ (because the no ads was killing my gifting and finishing) I do love to gift and this community really promotes that, I am happy to say I spend more on gifting then myself and I always seem to end up further then I would have alone. I am more then happy to call you my friend and you have been the best sims mentor I could have hoped existed.
    sorry for the ramble I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude.
    **huggles** and love to you and your family, hope you are feeling better

• Options
    @Enchantedprey‌ -- Oh my goodness!! You're so kind!! Thank you for the sweet words. I, too, cannot believe how much it is possible to acquire for very little outlay, which is all because of the lovely generosity of everyone on the forums- either through gifts or knowledge! I had never bought anything from the store until after Christmas, and it's crazy to me how much I own now! I am continually blown away by how kind everyone is here. I think that is pretty unusual for a group of strangers on the internet! Ha.

And I am feeling much better the past two days, thanks for asking!! Hugs friend!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    okay finishing set planning here's what I still am wondering if I am doing correctly

after completion of the Blast From the Past/May 2011 Compilation/ Finest Living Finest cooking
    what would the dec 2011 be since all that is missing after that is the happy holidays to your furry friends I am thinking very very cheap

November 2011
    bold Bandana wrap # 292 54sp
    everyday kids DD # 698 348 SP-the bandana ( i dont know how to check because I own that set)
    Imperial Bedroom Zen - world inspiration compilation
    Atomic age living and dining # 248 459

and the June 2011 I am not sure best on that one

• Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    I hope it is okay that I ask :)
    I am trying to complete Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear, which is up at 75% own(have the entire Jazz wear and a couple of items from the living room set). However, that stills leave 220 simpoints… As far as I can tell there are no deals on these two sets together coming up on DD. How likely is it that I will be able to get the sets cheaper? Do I just how to buy it at that price and spend the few points I have left? :|
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @HopeAK - Why not put the items you need from the Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear on your wish list, meaning enough items to get the set for free, if some friends help out? ;)
  • Options
    HopeAK wrote: »
    I am trying to complete Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear, which is up at 75% own(have the entire Jazz wear and a couple of items from the living room set). However, that stills leave 220 simpoints… As far as I can tell there are no deals on these two sets together coming up on DD. How likely is it that I will be able to get the sets cheaper? Do I just how to buy it at that price and spend the few points I have left? :|

@HopeAK‌ -- The only other way to acquire it would be through the February 2011 compilation. If you already own Futureshock Kitchen, you might be able to finish it for free. Futureshock Kitchen is going to be on the DD for 221 sp, so you could pick it up if you don't own it already. That's not spending less money but you would be getting more stuff for your money if you want it. Otherwise, I definitely recommend just putting a few items on your wishlist and posting in the complete a set thread- people have been getting a lot of ads recently and are very happy to share the love :)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    HopeAK wrote: »

@HopeAK‌ -- The only other way to acquire it would be through the February 2011 compilation. If you already own Futureshock Kitchen, you might be able to finish it for free. Futureshock Kitchen is going to be on the DD for 221 sp, so you could pick it up if you don't own it already. That's not spending less money but you would be getting more stuff for your money if you want it. Otherwise, I definitely recommend just putting a few items on your wishlist and posting in the complete a set thread- people have been getting a lot of ads recently and are very happy to share the love :)

I have Futureshock Kitchen, Jazz Age Wear and a couple of items of Jazz Age Living and Feb 2011 is only 10 sp cheaper than Jazz Age Living + Wear, so it won't be free
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    okay finishing set planning here's what I still am wondering if I am doing correctly

after completion of the Blast From the Past/May 2011 Compilation/ Finest Living Finest cooking
    what would the dec 2011 be since all that is missing after that is the happy holidays to your furry friends I am thinking very very cheap

November 2011
    bold Bandana wrap # 292 54sp
    everyday kids DD # 698 348 SP-the bandana ( i dont know how to check because I own that set)
    Imperial Bedroom Zen - world inspiration compilation
    Atomic age living and dining # 248 459

and the June 2011 I am not sure best on that one

@Enchantedprey‌ -- Dec 2011 should be free after completing the other cascade! Nov 2011 will still be about 655 sp after getting Imperial Bedroom Zen and Atomic Age Living and Dining, so the cheapest way to complete is to just pick the sets up at their lowest prices off of the DD. And June 2011 I haven't looked into yet! I'll try to do that today for you :)
  • Options
    Sweet2 wrote: »

I have Futureshock Kitchen, Jazz Age Wear and a couple of items of Jazz Age Living and Feb 2011 is only 10 sp cheaper than Jazz Age Living + Wear, so it won't be free

Oh thanks for clarifying! That's surprising though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top