Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @alexandrea-I wish I could trade our weather for yours and have the snowstorms hit us.I also wish to get colder winters because a mild winter is boring and give no breaks from the awful summer weather.
    Hi there everybody,I've got an update for GIBSONS published on my blog.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    @TadOlson‌ I know I love the snow and how pretty it is, I was pretty torn about this situation because I like the snow but then again I wanted to take my test...Low and behold..As soon as I put my clothes on and was about to leave they called and said the exam was cancelled so now I have to take it in June :/ But at least I can relax today and probably tomorrow because we're getting like 30inches of snow so all the exams for tomorrow will probably be cancelled too. :)
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    edited January 2015
    @ValoisFulcanelli
    wrote: »
    Okies, this is a kinda noob question, and I know I should just google it, but I'm gonna ask anyway cause I'm lazy and the internet here sucks. I have everything important backed up to different places, but I've been thinking for a long time that since I have it, I should organize my backup to the external I have. When my last laptop exploded my boyfriend was able to pull the hard-drive for me and I was able to save everything, but now I have that hard-drive that's just sitting around not being used (and it's over 500gb of space which is more space than everything currently on my new computer). My only reservation is that I'm afraid to re-format it. Currently it has everything from my old computer - even it's operating system and drivers (which I obviously don't really need most of that) and I worry that if I reformat it I'll somehow break it and won't be able to use it. Is there a proper way of doing it, or can I just right-click the device and select reformat like you would with any usb drive?

And, in case I don't say so enough - thank you so much for being my go-to tech person. lmao :blush:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @alexandrea

Lmao, "selective breeding" it's my geek side showing. In a lot of science-fiction-future-fantasy stories there is a culture that makes their people petition (either their superiors, the government or religion or whatnot) for the right to conceive children. Usually they site that it's important for managing resources or ensuring that their race continues to grow in strength and 🐸🐸🐸🐸-ning (*how is that a bad word EA? :disappointed: ), but it is almost always portrayed as a evil/bad thing and sometimes I wonder if (though obviously cold and impossible to actually control or govern) it doesn't really have merit... It sure does seem like there are more stupid people running around these days then when I was a kid - but then maybe everybody reaches that point where they realize other people aren't as smart as you gave them credit for as a child. lol

I keep telling myself the same things about my legacy. I keep going to the page and considering it, and then I get to thinking 1) if I just end it and delete them then it's like I kill all of them. Do I really wanna live in a world where they never existed. lol 2) I keep doing the dang work for it, and I know that even if I delete it, I'll eventually open the save again and continue fixing the lots, or since all of the legacy sims since gen 2 have been saved to my bin they'll show up in my town some day and I'll definitely start playing with them again. I used to just follow Nassima or Abigail around my town when I ran into them while playing Adrian's household. lol

By the way, good luck and stay safe in all that snow that's hitting you guys right now. I know I actually enjoy snow, but I don't think I'll mind having to visit it instead of living it now. :smiling_imp: When I was going to highschool I had a teacher who'd moved to Minnesota from Alaska, and she said that Minnesota winters are actually worse then theirs sometimes. Lol. I don't know if I believe that, but I do know they are pretty tough, though (except for this year) it's been pretty mild the last few years. Yeah it got nuts cold last year but there wasn't that much snow all things considered, and the two years before that were both pretty moderate with only a couple of bad snow dumps - for them anyway. lol Honestly though, Minnesota does a really great job of coping with it, usually even after a big snow storm most roads will be cleared by noon, and they have laws and programs to help with heating and medical bills that can accrue in bad winter conditions.

@SimMadMeg

No problem :wink: What are we here for if not to be a support group for all the difficulties that come from being crazy people who make up imaginary people and places and write elaborate stories about their lives. lmao

It's really important to be aware of your characters fully like that, and I commend you on not taking the easy way out and arranging a Deus ex Machina to salvage her. They can be appropriate if used sparingly, but sometimes it's important to just let the character go. Besides, they usually take the reader out of the story a little bit, which can damage the experience. :tired_face:

I definitely know how you feel about the heir vote. I'd never had two heirs before, and to be honest I was really really pulling for Armel to win the vote. I know I had his story all planned out - and he's probably going to get a few side chapters if I'm honest with myself, but I left it to the readers and they chose Brennus. I'm kinda glad they did though - because I'm glad I get to keep Suzy around more and I came up with something really great for Romeo (his adoptive father)! Like you said, it's important to give all the characters a real chance sometimes. (in my opinion anyway)

@MrsOogieBoogie

lmao. Well, right now it's mostly because it'd be a bad idea to get addicted. I'm teaching myself to 3d model and trying to spend time working on my sims story when I have internet access - and when I don't I'm helping my mother-in-law get ready for a craft fair (She's doing a lesson teaching people how to do kumohimo, and I was really into that a while ago so I'm pretty good at it and helping her get her display pieces/for sale pieces done on time). I just have a lot on my plate and pretty limited access so I'm trying to not be distracted.

To be honest I'll probably set one up in March if this whole thing with the house goes through and I am able to have my own internet again. :smiling_imp: It's good to know how to get a fancy one though, because I don't have the know-how to fully create a fancy page like that, but I can read code/google well enough to edit it once I had it. :mrgreen: I actually found a new template I've been futzing with on blogger that I adore, and it makes things look a lot better for my other blog, but unfortunately it doesn't work well for the legacy since I want more control over navigation so that I don't accidentally spoil something or make it too hard to navigate.

@Dandylion240
    Aren't you guys supposed to be getting some snow soon too? I was just talking with family and they said something about a big storm working it's way over there. :BWAHAHAHA:

lol, I have to admit, I'm a little evil tracking snow and cold in MN now that I've moved away. :mrgreen:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    SimMadMegSimMadMeg Posts: 685 Member
    @RebornMonster‌ I am keeping Erin around for now, but I cannot write for her anymore. So the story is just going to be told through Isabelle and Hayley now until what Erin did is found out and she is sent to a mental institution.
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @RebornMonster Formatting external drives that contain an OS is a little beyond me, I'm afraid. From a quick search it appears that if you want to format you'll have to partition first, and also unhook your current HDD before connecting the one you want to format. These two posts on Tom's Hardware should get you started:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2334645/formatting-hard-drive-externally.html

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1707271/formatting-hard-drive-turned-external.html
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    BeachyPeasySandyBeachyPeasySandy Posts: 490 Member
    Oh my. . .It's been too long since I've posted in here. I way underestimated the time commitment it would take to do the job I'm doing right now. And I read so many stories, it's hard to read and comment on them all. But I am reading stories, I promise! And I've missed everyone who posts here!

I somehow managed to update all three stories in a week and a half period. . . :o So I'll post links to them. Listening was just updated with a new chapter today and is one that has been anticipated for a while. ;)

Listening to My Heart - George - Chapter 21: I Promise You

A Ray of Sunshine - 4 new chapters and a photoshoot starting here - Chapter Twenty Six: Me and My Maggie Pie

Back to Life (Trev's new story) - 2 new chapters starting here - Chapter Two: Reaching Out

Enough about me, I'm going to go back a couple pages and see what everyone's up to. . .

@ValoisFulcanelli - Thank you for sharing your knowledge her and on Tumblr! I was just reading back through your conversation with @lovesstorms and while I had hear of Xkit I wasn't sure what it did. Now I know. lol I'm enjoying catching back up with your story! I find myself staring more than reading though. ;)

@hellohannah2 - So glad to see new chapters! I'm making a list of stories I need to catch back up on and Jolene's is one of them. :) Hope you're well!

@Lckygrl1975 - Hi! How are you? Hope you're well! Painswater is also on my list of stories to catch back up on. I think i'm only a couple chapters behind. . .I've been reading but I'm ashamed to say haven't commented. I'm awful. I'm sorry. I'll try to do better.

@Dandylion240 - Hey there! I feel like I should give you an award or something. . .you and anyone that reads through any of the stories I write at this point (well, except Trev since his is only three chapters. lol). Thank you so much for reading and commenting on all of them! I really truly appreciate it. I'm still catching up on yours, little by little. :) How are things with you?

@lovesstorms - Hey there girl! I've missed seeing you! Glad to see some new chapters from you! I'll be stopping by soon to catch up. Glad to see you on tumblr!

@ThePartySim - Umm. . .I feel like a doofus. I had no idea that you were legendofsim on Tumblr. . .lol!!! Forgive me, I'm not the most observant person. I just bookmarked your story. :) How are you?

@SimMadMeg - Hi! How are you? Reading through some past posts about sad stories, I personally like the sadder chapters sometimes since ist's when we see a character grow the most and I hope it will eventually resolve. . .hopefully. Lol

@Blythelyre - Hey there lady! I have a small request. . .can I have a Tony and Riley fix? No pressure. I just loves them!!!! *sighs* Hope you're having a great day! *hugs*

@Seera1024 - Hi! How are you? I keep missing you on aim. lol One of these days we'll meet up. :) Hope all is well with you!

@alexandrea - Hi! How have you been?

@TadOlson - Hi there! Hope all is well with you!

@MrsOogieBoogie - So, I've been reading Insane but haven't commented. . .but I am caught up with the boys. :) You're doing a pose tutorial? Oh I am so there!!! *hugs* Hope you're having a great week!

@RebornMonster - Hi! I've missed seeing you! Hope you're well! I see you've got a couple chapters I haven't read yet. *scolds myself* I will be by shortly to comment. :) Are you looking into changing your blog over to Wordpress? And quitting your story. . .???!!! Oh I would be so sad. :( I almost gave up on Jeff. I think I started to quit three times in any case something kept me from doing quitting and I am so happy I didn't. I completely understand if you decide to though. Tumblr. . .:) Once you start, you can't stop. Lol! @MrsOogieBoogie is right, it's got tons of links to CC and apparently many of us are on there and post extra pictures and chapters for our stories. Be sure to look us all up if you make the jump!

@everyone else - Hi! Hope you're having a great start to the week!

• Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
  • Options
    ThePartySimThePartySim Posts: 852 Member
    @sandybeachgirl‌ no worries lol. Originally, I never thought I'd be using the sims forums when I first got the game, so "ThePartySim" was just a quick name for me to login to the store and things like that. Then, I became pretty hooked and when I posted my blog on blogger, I made a legendofsim account to post things. So, rather than ThePartySim on tumblr, I used my blogger title. [Then I switched over to wordpress with the name thepartysim, so it is a bit confusing, I know xD] Its not the best name but I like it better than ThePartySim LOL.
    My stories:
    A Graying World http://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/
    Sim Star Idol http://simstaridol.wordpress.com
    How to Be a Star http://howtobeastarstory.blogspot.com/ [Complete!]
  • Options
    Dandylion240Dandylion240 Posts: 279 Member
    @Dandylion240 - Hey there! I feel like I should give you an award or something. . .you and anyone that reads through any of the stories I write at this point (well, except Trev since his is only three chapters. lol). Thank you so much for reading and commenting on all of them! I really truly appreciate it. I'm still catching up on yours, little by little. :) How are things with you?

Welcome back :) I enjoyed everything I've read so far, you're an awesome writer. I have yet to read the new chapters for Trev. When I get hooked on an author I wind up reading everything they've ever written. I'm finding reading blogs is almost as addicting. LOL What can I say I love to read. The more I read the more ideas I get for my legacies. It's a vicious cycle. Just wish I had more time. My stories will be around whenever you have the chance.

@Dandylion240
    Aren't you guys supposed to be getting some snow soon too? I was just talking with family and they said something about a big storm working it's way over there. :BWAHAHAHA:

lol, I have to admit, I'm a little evil tracking snow and cold in MN now that I've moved away. :mrgreen:

We were supposed to get snow but got rain instead. Crazy winter. I don't mind I'd rather have a mild winter instead of the severe cold. Although a little more snow wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The next part of A Graying World is out here: https://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/3-25-return/
    screenshot-22_zps07f48172.jpg
    My stories:
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys

Cover38_zpsa0466134.jpg

Painswater Point
    6.38 Torri hears the truth http://painswaterpoint.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/638-torri-hears-truth.html

@Sandybeachgirl, welcome back :) tsk, tsk at not commenting lol but hopefully you will catch up and comment soon :) Loved your chapter btw and did leave a comment too
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    Getting the last few pictures for chapter 27c...I am so thankful to have a legacy, I never counted on bonding so much to a sim but I actually have with Erin. I feel like a crazy person. The characters, you create, are like your sim babies. you mold their lives, especially if you are doing a legacy, :( Just my sad musings over one of my favourite sims. :(
  • Options
    @SimMadMeg for me, the fun part of a legacy is moving forward and seeing the other sims that have originated from one sim that you created. It's pretty cool seeing the genetics and how everything has changed over each generation. Of course, its sad to see one character go, but there is the alternate universe route if you really love writing for her. It could work for Erin especially because she's insane. You can make a side story of what would have happened if she wasn't insane, or keep the insane trait and make a side story/separate challenge involving any storyline you want and say that it's one of her fantasies, or her delusions. If you love Erin that much, I say keep her around. There's tons of things you can do with her that don't directly involve the legacy.
    My stories:
  • Options
    @ThePartySim‌ I am keeping her around until the kids' side stories are finished but then I do think it would be best to kill her off. Leaving the girls with unanswered questions they cannot find the answer too. Erin's problems are too deep rooted for her to recover and it would be unrealistic to pretend they werent. For both of them, regardless of the heir, Generation 4 will be about moving on and recovering from their childhood's. Both will go about it very differently but they wont be able to with Erin there. It would always hold them back.

As much as I love Erin though, I will be letting her go. If Isabelle becomes the heir however I shall be doing a side story thing for Hayley (and Nico) because they are too cute NOT to use together. Maybe in like a tumblr challenge or something :)
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    Hey all! Hope everyone is having a good day :D

@RebornMonster Oh, I see. Well, at least you're busy with stuff and it's stuff you're interested in! And you're right, probably not a good idea to get addicted to that when you're in the middle of something XD And that's good that you found a new blogger theme you like, but sucks that you don't like the navigation. Hopefully you'll figure it out, or maybe find a new theme you like that works more to what you're going for ^_^

@sandybeachgirl Heyy! Glad you're able to catch up with TIDL! I'm working on the next two chapters today, most likely won't have another chapter until early-mid February. And yes, I'm making a pose tutorial! It's taking me literally forever, but I'm still working on it hahaha I hope it's helpful to anyone that needs it! Hope you have a great week, too!
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    @sandybeachgirl Tony wants to know what more can you possibly want to know. Life is very boring around here. (I'll think of something, mwhahahaha)

It's a snow day!! I wanna build a snowman (never built one before in my life) but I have no one to play with it! I should probably be working but I'm going to create a few Sims instead. Bake some cookies, see if I can psych myself into going out to buy some milk for hot cocoa later...stare out the window at the people and cars trudging along...

Be safe everyone!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of game glitches.. It was a good thing I'd just backed up everything right before the move (after I'd done all that building)! :fearful:

I just went to open my game today and somehow it deleated everything. My saves, bin, downloaded CC. Everything's backed up so I didn't actually loose anything (other then the time I'm going to have to spend downloading hair again, because I cannot function with default hairs). :🐸🐸🐸🐸:

It was just a little bit freaky that yesterday I was working on that hard drive so I could consolidate my backup stuff and today my game glitched out. I am feeling like it's some sort of message. I'm probably going to start organizing that drive today while I re-install stuff... Just to be safe :flushed:

What's weird is I played the day before yesterday and everything was fine, and today it's just gone :confounded:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Hello! I haven't been in here before and i started a legacy in 2013 which i gave up on last year. I've picked it back up and would love some feedback on it and things i could do to improve and whatnot! Here's the thread for it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812025/new-thread-mckendrick-vampire-legacy-gen-2-chapter-5#latest

I'm not really following too many of the actual rules for a legacy. It's more of a general story following the idea of a legacy if you get what i mean? Idk, lol.

Aside from that, hi, i'm Emily! I'm 15 and from Scotland. I LOVE cake decorating (baking the cake can be a bit of a pain, i just want to get to the decorating!) and i love playing Sims (of course) and minecraft in my free time when i DON'T have school shizz to do. I started off playing Sims 1, i got it from a friend of my brother's and found out Sims 3 was a thing after a while of playing that. I think it was just out or the first EP was coming out or something of the such and got it. I enjoyed it a lot and have been a constant fan since! Idk when that was, don't ask for specific dates or anythin cuz i have none of that :joy: I'm not too into sims 4 because my style of gameplay ain't there, nowhere to be found but i remain hopeful that a bright light will be shone my way and i shall follow a fabulous path to the heavenly world of sims 4 with toddlers. :joy:

I came on the forums in like 2011 and have been very active in the Gift & Gathering Forums although now i just go there to play a game called mafia because i spend too much time on skype. But idk if any of you have heard of mafia, lol (link in my siggy if yer interested)

I was inspired to do my legacy when Midnight Hollow came out and as i wasn't allowed to buy simpoints at the time and had no money to do so anyway i was like UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

But then a magical wonderful angel from the heavens came down and rested a beautiful gift on my lap. There was a tag... From Msrednotdead! She gifted me Midnight Hollow and my legacy was set up STRAIGHT AWAY!!

Btw i like to ramble, just sayin'.

But it would be nice to talk to you peeps so hi! bahahaha

Me introducing myself folks

HAVE A COOKIE!
    :cookie:
  • Options
    Sigh... So while organizing my backups I realized I didn't backup my poses. Which, is going to be a little bit tough.

I thought for sure I had - and I found a couple partial files with a few poses, but probably 1/20th what I had installed, much less what I used to have downloaded.

That said, I did re-install all my CC so there's something right :relieved:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    @RebornMonster‌
    Don't worry I love science...You're not alone lol. I'm going to sound dumb but I still don't understand the term selective breeding and the way your using it...Are you trying to say that these people who are the minority basically breed with their own kind? Personally, I think it's good and bad if that's what you mean when you say "selective breeding." But yeah, this generation is pretty crazy...Sometimes I wish I was born in the 80's...No one cares about the little things anymore *Sigh* :'(

I hate killing my sims or ending their lives..I always want them to live forever and if they accidentally die it makes me a little sad, not going to lie lol. Your attachment to your sims is a good thing, maybe you shouldn't delete the legacy. You put so much effort into so why stop now? I love following my sims around town sometimes especially if the game randomly populated them in the town and their off living their own lives without me controlling them.

Thankfully, I had Monday off, and today off and tomorrow I have off too and Thursday I don't even have to go in because I don't have any exams to take so I'm pretty relaxed. I heard the state is going to re-schedule the exams but as of right now it's up in the air so I'm just waiting to see what happens. The snow is so beautiful, I love it too! My neighbors kids were outside playing in it, absolutely adorable. I understand how you feel though, I would rather live somewhere warmer and visit Ny during the winter time...Living here is brutal during the winter time and in the summer it feels hotter in the city because all of the pollution and the crowds of people, I thought I was going to die one day. O.O . Your teacher sounds kind of crazy lol ...Just thinking of Alaska makes me shiver. I don't like cold weather, I feel like if it's going to be cold there should at least be snow too. Minnesota sounds very proactive, the roads are still a mess over here. And whatever happens to your property is your own problem lol which is kind of crazy because the taxes are ridiculous here. My family is actually thinking about going down south and looking for a house there, half my family is there but I don't like the southern accents and I feel like some of the people in the south are still somewhat prejudice. But that could just be me...Idk lol

@sandybeachgirl‌ Hello there! I'm doing fine...Relaxing.
    @emilzydiva‌ Hi! Emily :) I'm 16...I think you're one of the few people in this thread actually in my age group lol but yeah, I feel the same way you do about TS4 but yeah, it's nice to see a new face here. o:)
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    @RebornMonster‌ How ironic! I just cleaned out my whole game file...Going to start fresh with new cc...My files were corrupted before.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've got an update for GLEN HARBOR and the link is to my home blog though it does link to my stories.
    @RebornMonster-I would get my computer to a repair shop to find out if they could recover lost files and get the hard drive replaced and get an external hard drive for backing everything up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Emmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! <3 I will read and let you know. >:) I promise to be nice. ;)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    12005_zpsc73624ca.png
    Hold on, Hartfield. Don’t you dare die on me.
    But she was already unconscious and her breathing was shallow and wet. His body went cold thinking about her lung being punctured.
    Think, Aaron… Think!
    What to do?
    Next chapter of my legacy is up on my blog :)
    Hope you're all well.