Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Page 477

@Zabeth The fire comes from their mouth when they get the negative moodlet. With the positive moodlet, they only get the red steam from their ears.

LOL! Kristy had the wish to master science for a long time, but at that particular time, she also had a wish to do laundry. So, she really wanted to do both.

I'd really rather not have them have a second lot, though. Because wherever I settle them for the last time may not have two suitable lots close together, and if their second lot is across town, they'll never use it. I guess if I put them in Sunset Valley last, I can buy all three of the vacant lots on Redwood Parkway (next to Agnes Crumplebottom). Then their house wouldn't have to be on a 60 x 60 lot for them to have room. I'd still rather have everything on the same lot, though.

So, it seems Jake may have been running into evidence of his own time travels, before he even knew he would ever do such a thing.

I hate those dart traps. So, somebody was there, and took him prisoner?

@LunBeauty Are they still in Lucky Palms? Which house are they in now, or isn't it one that came with the town?

I really want to put back the baby hair and footie sleepers. I hate seeing babies wrapped up in blankets, with totally naked little arms, exposed to the cold, when I'm sitting her in my house with the heat on but still feeling not quite warm enough. It makes me feel colder seeing them inadequately clothed.

Thank you.

I really like that first picture in your update, just before the kiss.

How wonderful that Raquelle finally decided to marry Dallas. There really isn't any point in not going ahead with it, as they're living together and having children, just as if they already were married. I think she was silly not to commit to him before. But, I suppose it took some time to remove some doubts or fears she may have had.

Very nice wedding pictures!

@Venus Hal has mastered charisma, and his traits actually fit better with politics than with any other career, including police work. Besides, I definitely do not want him to work in medicine, or any other career where he'd be on call or work drastically different hours at different levels. I wasn't planning on him getting a different job at all, but his work hours are so short now, he's not in his rabbithole enough for me to give my full attention to the professions I want Kristy to work at, so I want to switch jobs so he'll be occupied more, and I won't have to keep track of him while I'm doing Kristy's jobs.

My experience in University, which is only a couple of sims going there so far, one of them being Kristy, and both of them studying fine arts, is that so long as they were doing something that included one of the skills involved in their curriculum, their performance increased. Any time they did anything else, including sleeping, it dropped. Fine arts was somewhat easy to keep their performance up, because they got credit for cooking their own meals, and the other things, guitar and sketching, brought up their fun bar at the same time. It's working out to not be too hard to get Hal's performance up. It does go up when he studies or uses his portable radio station and studies his book, but he's just learned writing while there, and every time he works on the book he's writing, his performance goes up, too.

I don't think you've posted as much about AJ as you have about Sierra, or maybe it just hasn't made as much of an impression, because I had forgotten about his experiences on the wrong side of the law, and was sent to Fort Starch as punishment.

How did you get a picture of Sage holding that camera. I never get to see the camera when one of my sims takes a picture. I don't even get to see them until it's done!

Is Sage musical, too?

Page 478

@TadOlson I use the storage chests from World Adventures. When my sims don't travel, I use buydebug to get one for them. It is so nice to have something to store things in, so they don't have to carry around so much stuff in their personal inventories. And, yes, gardening does take a lot of time. It makes it hard to do anything else unless they take a day off from tending to the garden now and then.

Actually, after Hal and Kristy got home from China, things were relatively quiet in their lives, though they did accomplish a lot of skill building.

Well, it looks like even though Ashley lost his job because of the fire, they're doing OK financially, since they're able to start building a new room for Sandi, in spite of it.

@and-it-is-on The ease with which Kristy makes friends is because of a combination of traits, LTR's, and charisma skill and its challenges. Her traits include irresistible, friendly, and charismatic. She has the never dull, attractive, eye candy, observant, office hero, and long-distance friend LTR's. And she's mastered charisma, and even though I haven't made any effort to have her achieve the charisma skill challenges again after I moved her and Hal to Lucky Palms, she's completed the celebrity, super friendly, and personable skill challenges anyway. Even without the skill challenges, she makes friends with only a few interactions, but with the celebrity skill challenge, it's instant. She's also a 4-star celebrity, which I'm sure also contributes.

@MayaRose I'm not building houses for Hal and Kristy. I'm using the ones that came with the towns. They're the first household I've ever had that is rich enough to live in the most expensive house in every town they live in. I almost never have sims rich enough to do that, so I'm going to enjoy those houses while I can, as I may never be able to use them again. I almost never play generationally, so most of my families are doing well if they can just afford a house big enough to have children before they get too old to have them, unless I use the free real estate cheat to get them into one. I don't use money cheats except on very rare occasions.

So, anyway, there will be no building of houses for Hal and Kristy. I've already chosen which house they're going to live in, in each town. But, any of them that aren't already on a 60x60 lot or larger are going to be moved to one.

NRaas Traveler mod makes it possible for Kristy to go along without enrolling in any classes. She already has a degree in Fine Arts, and none of the other degrees would help her in any way with any of the careers she's going to be doing in the future. Plus, she's mastered every skill related to every subject, so it seemed pretty pointless to have her spend her time studying, when she could be continuing to work on other skills, plus do all the housework so that Hal can use the time he doesn't need to spend studying, doing things with her.

My plans changed before they actually left, but I'm going to make you wait to find out. You'll have the answer in my next two updates.

@and-it-is-on Good for Slater for proposing to Sam. It's about time!

@MayaRose I've never used Windows 8, but my son is a self-employed IT technician, and some of his clients have Windows 8, so he has to have it on his portable work computer, along with all of the other OS's that his clients use. He hates it. He says it's a very bad OS. So, I wouldn't ever get it myself, or recommend it to anyone.
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Maya: Um. I've got Windows 8.1. I'm not really sure how it works in comparison to the other system since my laptop was running, I think Vista, and I didn't have any mods or any idea how to use any of that at the time. I do know that Windows 8.1 is very confusing to me...it's taken me a long time to figure out which folders things are in, and I had to go to windows to even confirm which system I'm running because I'm just that bad at stuff. I don't think the gameplay is affected, but again, I'm not comparing apples here. So I'm not exactly helpful...but it's possible to run it on windows 8.1...I'm just not sure if it would be easier for someone who isn't awkward with computers and mods and all that.
  • Options
    After breakfast on Wednesday, while Hal read the photography book, Kristy took the aptitude test herself. She aced it, getting the full 400 points and 18 advance credits in every subject. There was nothing she really needed another university degree for, but as long as she was going to go with Hal, it wouldn't hurt to take a few classes herself. It might be fun.

1kristytakestheuniversityaptitudetest.jpg

Once Hal finished the photography book, they went to the spring festival. They got a photo taken at the photo booth, then played a game of horseshoes, which they could have done just as well at home. They were both pretty bad at it, but finally, Kristy won. Then she sat down to read the newspaper, while Hal walked around the park and took pictures to get his photography skill up.

2playinghorseshoesatthespringfestival.jpg

They slow danced for a short time, but Hal needed to use the bathroom, so they had to cut it short. Then they bought some garlic fries for their dinner, and went home. Hal did not get sick on those.

3eatinggarlicfriesatthefestival.jpg

They played pool at home, and this time they did finish the game, or at least it seemed they did. Hal put the 8 ball in the pocket he'd indicated. But there was no notice of who won, though it appears it was Hal.

4playingpool.jpg

Thursday morning, Hal called in and took the next two days off, so he could prepare for enrolling in University. While Kristy tended to her indoor potted garden, he got out the cut gems and smelted minerals she had saved after photographing them herself, and took pictures of them and other collectibles around the house. In the process he raised his photography skill from level 6 to level 8. Before looking for more photography subjects, he decided to take the university aptitude test again, to see how well he was doing on qualifying for the advance credits in communications. He now aced the communications test at 400 points, and would receive the full 18 credits. This would allow him to finish his degree in two terms if he took a full class load.

5haltakesthesuatagain.jpg

Now that he qualified for the advance credits, Hal went to the scrapyard to dig for scrap. He'd been wanting to increase his inventing skill, but didn't have enough scrap.

6salvagingscrapforinventing.jpg

As soon as Kristy finished with her potted garden, she started playing her piano. She'd been wanting to increase her skill.

7kristyplaysthepiano.jpg

After a bathroom break, she used her collection helper to find an insect, because she had been wanting to do a radiation experiment. She found a rare silver-spotted skipper, and brought it home for her experiment. The experiment was a success. The butterfly was able to withstand the radiation bombardment she had subjected it to.

8radiationexperimentonabutterfly.jpg

Hal found 94 units of scrap, which, added to the 6 units he already had, gave him enough to work with. So, he returned home and showered away the grime he'd gotten all over himself. Unfortunately, the shower broke when he used it. He had enough skill to fix it himself, but he knew that not only could Kristy do it much faster than he could, but if she fixed it, it would never break again. So, much as he would have liked to spare her the extra work, in the long run, it would be less work for both of them if she fixed it.

Kristy was just starting a load of laundry, so Hal told her he'd take it from there if she would fix the shower instead. In the meantime, he got to work at his inventing workbench. He went to put the clean clothes in the dryer as soon as he heard the timer, and by the time he reached the laundry room, Kristy had not only repaired the shower, she had mopped up the puddle on the floor, too.

17repairingtheshower.jpg

It was dinnertime, so the two of them sat down together to eat. Mealtime conversations are usually quite lively at Hal & Kristy's house. Kristy told Hal about her radiation experiment. Hal told her about the junkyard, and about some of his recent experiences at work. He also told her about his tests scores for university.

10moreconversation.jpg

9dinnertableconversation.jpg

As soon as Hal finished his meal, he got up to get the laundry from the dryer before Kristy could go and do it herself. Even though he had told her he'd do it, he knew that if he didn't hurry, she would do it herself anyway. He didn't get going in that direction immediately, though. The ceviche was a bit too hot for him this night.

11foodtoohot.jpg

Although Kristy found it very hot also, she was happy with it this time.

12hotbutnottoohot.jpg

13happywiththefoodanyway.jpg

As soon as the dishes were cleared and the laundry taken care of, Hal returned to the kitchen to ask Kristy to spar with him. Kristy won, 2-0.

14kissaftersparring.jpg

A burglar visited the Breckenridge house around 1 AM.

15burglar.jpg

The police officer gave up before even setting foot on the property, so Hal once again took matters into his own hands and gave the burglar a beating he will not soon forget. The police officer left without bothering the Breckenridges further, so they went back to bed.

16beatinguptheburglar.jpg
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @venusdemilosims Thanks for the comment. :) I agree, it was a wonderful wedding. It was a small one too. Lovely update! I love the backstories on your sims. :) How do you ever find time to take all of these pictures?

@Celiria I feel so bad for Naomi. I believe she actually thought they could be something more, and probably thinks that Mady was most likely using her. I hope that Mady sorts out her feelings. I mean, it's clear that Naomi really likes her.

@TadOlson Great update!

@and-it-is-on Thanks for the comment! :)

@MayaRose1138 Yes, she will now be having her biological child...or children. I gave her the fertility treatment, but don't tell her that. ;) She should only have twins because with the treatment, I usually only get twins. There should be enough room in the house, as when Addy ages up into a child, she'll be sharing a room with Deanna. Also, I built a room above the garage for Audrey, the genie, kind of like a mini apartment with a bed, tv, couch and chair, and even a mini fridge and microwave. Oh and I even added a tiny bathroom for her. :) So whenever Audrey moves out, which will probably be when Deanna becomes a Young Adult, Deanna will get that little apartment.

I'd wait until after you got the new computer. And that's definitely not good. I'm glad you're getting a better one. :)

@and-it-is-on Nice update! I think it's sad how Calvin won't even see his kids. It's like he's forgotten all about them, the jerk. I also love that picture of them at the end. Ooh, Slater. You're as delicious as warm melted dark chocolate. ;)

@Zabeth0 Thanks for the comments. :)

@IreneSwift Yes, they're still in Lucky Palms. I just downloaded the house from here.

I don't think she was silly. She just didn't want to rush into anything, which I think is perfectly all right. Maybe she just wanted to make sure he was "the one" first. I think it was very smart of her to do so. I like how she took it slow rather than my other generations who just jumped into marriage.

@MayaRose1138 I can't tell you how The Sims 3 will run on Windows 8 or 8.1 or whatever. I know some people who use it and say it works great, but others say it doesn't work at all. I, personally, am more comfortable with Windows 7. So if you are unsure about Windows 8, I'd stick with Windows 7 just to be on the safe side.

@IreneSwift Very nice update!

Right, I'm off to film the next part of Dallas and Raquelle's life. I'll be back a little later, lol.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Mayarose1138: I've played TS3 on many different machines and operating systems. It runs fine on Windows 8 and 8.1 without doing anything special.

However, Windows 8 is not a great OS and I vastly prefer Windows 7 for different reasons. As long as it's still supported by Microsoft, it's the best choice.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @Zabeth0‌ I actually didn't put them in this particular mess. My initial idea was just that Madyson was interested in Phoenix. Then she happened to run into Naomi at the bar so I figured they could just be friends. Then when they were hanging out after one of Mady's shifts she started to show signs that she wanted to be with Naomi and it just spiraled from there and I've just been going along with it.

@LunBeauty‌ if Naomi actually thought Madyson was the type to use someone like that I doubt she'd be okay with Phoenix dating her. It's more that she honestly has just completely fallen for Madyson but now that she knows the other girl Mady had feelings for was Phoenix she doesn't want to stand in the way of that. But it still hurts because of her own feelings for Madyson that she's trying to push aside.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift: Oh, cool. :D So they did make it different. :D Interesting. :D Torn between laundry and science! :D I can understand that, moving is much harder with more stuff to juggle. :D Probably harder still if you have to worry about the game forgetting about the second property.

Lol- you got it! You remembered he's a time traveler, yes! This was before he traveled in time and had no idea that's how it could relate to him. :D But being a witch, he thought of a few possibilities like you know, crystal balling things, though that didn't make sense to him either, because if you're going to crystal ball something, why do it for thousands of years in the future when someone might be exploring your grave? But he didn't tell Sun Young about those side thoughts, so the mention is just kind of strange detail in his story. But Sun Young knows why those are there. :D Time travelers have to worry about running into people that know them that they haven't met yet and the consequences for things they don't know they did. :D

Correct. :D You'll be happy to know it wasn't a witch. :D

Lol- I bet it was satisfying to get that set of scores even though she doesn't need to go. :D Well, hopefully them being bad at horseshoes and playing anyway will inspire people to try it who would otherwise be on the fence because they know they aren't the best at it. :D Lol nice, he got away with eating garlic fries away from home without getting sick! :D It's a shame the game didn't keep track, that's always a bit of a let down, it's good that you saw Hal win. :D So, totally worth raising his photography score a couple points, then? :D Ah, yeah, scrap, while you can buy some at the table, that just doesn't feel inventor-ly enough, huh? :D It's fun to have them go dig through scrap, even though it takes time. :D Kristy's portrait is lovely, it's nice to compare her to her portrait while she's playing the piano there. :D Lol, that's a lovely specimen. Just an aside, in case you care, but I think it's an entomology joke they slipped in. :D The Silver spotted Skipper that is the real life version of the butterfly is brown with small spots of silver on it's wings, it's one of the most common skippers in North America. :D I mean, you might know this already but on the off chance that you don't, now you do. :D Always fun when the insects stand up to the radiation. :D Sounds like a smarter way to do it. Glad his pride didn't make him do it the hard way. :D They make a good team. :D Lol- surely they are almost done with the ceviche? :D Love Kristy's smile there. :D It's so sweet. :D Ah, won completely and reward kiss! :D Got that heart going with the exercise! ;) Lol-oh, oh, that poor burglar! This is how I imagine this going down:

(Police officer, in low tones: "Hal's house?...This should be good." But theatrically: "Oh no, the burglar got away! I don't see him anywhere!") (Burglar: Is right there, stands still, is it possible the police officer really doesn't see him? Does the officer need glasses?)
    (Hal: *Honestly, why does he have to work on his time off because the police want to see him use his awesome sim fu skills?* *to the officer* Really? *to the burglar* Haven't the others told you not to come around here?)
    (Burglar: This was a bad idea, wasn't it? Yes, it was. "Oh, no, no, I'm not a burglar, I'm here to check your exercise machine's mileage...this is a new uniform, yeah,...totally not a burglar at all." *Tries to run, but before he gets anywhere he's in a control hold.*)
    (Hal: *Sighs and walks him over to the police officer by the twisted wrist like a puppy on a leash* "You know, you're getting paid and I'm losing sleep, perhaps next time you could just cuff him and go?")
    (Police Officer: "Yes, sir.")

Sorry, I just couldn't resist with the way that looked. :D Especially the treadmill balloon there lol. :D

@Celiria: Oh, wow, your game decided it had been too nice with the last few times, huh? :D Gave you a messy dilemma this time. :D
  • Options
    And after my obnoxious slowness here is chapter 4 for Two Masks

meeting.png

Nigel sat nervously as he watched Eddie read through the script, meanwhile Dimitri stood off to the side calm as ever. Nigel wasn’t sure how Dimitri always seemed to be so composed but thinking back to their childhood he couldn’t recall ever seeing his friend mad, but right now those thoughts were secondary as Nigel shifted back and forth in his seat waiting to hear Eddie’s response.

Eddie glared as he lowered the script staring over at the two other men.

Eddie: No, I am completely against this.

Nigel: Is it not a good script?

Nigel balked as Eddie responded, the anger in the man’s voice clearly noticeable.

Eddie: That’s not the issue and you know it. Did you honestly expect I would agree to let my daughter be in this kind of storyline?

Nigel: Well I just thought that....

Eddie: No clearly you weren’t thinking otherwise you wouldn’t even bother to ask for my approval on this.

voice-of-reason.png

Dimitiri: Dimitri believes you are overreacting a touch Eddie, there is no reason to turn this into a shouting competition. Of course, as per our arrangement you are allowed a say in any script that would involve your daughter but....

Eddie again cut in his temper starting to flair though he did his best to stay seated and not to outright yell at the two men in front of him.

Eddie: Yes, that was the deal, and this kind of thing is the reason for that which is why I am telling you there is no chance that I am going to let Nia participate in this.

Eddie noticed the uncomfortable look on Nigel’s face in response to his gradually rising tone and quickly started trying to tone back his anger.

Eddie: Look, it’s a good script, I’m not denying that but you’ve got to see this from my side of things. I’ve spent the last 8 years avoiding this kind of subject with Nia for obvious reasons. So it should be understandable why seeing this script upsets me.

dissapointed.png

Nigel glanced down disappointedly.

Nigel: Okay so I will scrap the script and try to come up with a new one?

Dimitiri: Not so quick Nigel, Dimitri does not wish to see your hard work get discarded so easily. Maybe there is some compromise we can come up with.

Eddie: Compromise? Look, I get that you work hard on these but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s my job to do what I feel is best for my daughter and there is no way I’m letting her be in this.

Nigel sat back still squirming about in the chair uncomfortable in the face of Eddie’s anger. He hadn’t thought much about the context when he was writing the script, he never did. He always just got an idea and ran with it until it was finished. Having thought about it afterwards though, he had expected that Eddie might be uncomfortable with the script but at the same time Nigel couldn’t help but feel attached to his work. As one of his creations he hated the idea of just throwing it out, but he also had promised Eddie final say on any script that involved Nia and he wasn’t about to break that promise, meaning that ditching the script was the only option.

idea.png

Suddenly Dimitri chimed in.

Dimitri: Dimitri has an idea that will both protect your daughter and allow Nigel to use his script. How about rather than discarding your work Nigel, you rewrite it so that we can shoot the scenes with Nia separate from the rest. This way we can do the piece without her having to be involved in the context of the rest of the performance. Would that be okay with you Eddie.

sceptical.png

Eddie glanced skeptically at Dimitri. He knew how Nigel felt about the stories he wrote and hadn’t wanted to make him get rid of one but since his daughter had to come first in his mind his primary goal was to protect her as he felt was necessary and worry about others thoughts and feelings afterwards.

Eddie: I’m still not sure, I guess that would be okay but would it even be possible to rework the story that way Nigel.... Nigel.... ?

typing-away.png

But Nigel at this point wasn’t paying attention. His nervousness had vanished at Dimitri’s suggestion and he was already typing away furiously at his tablet working on the necessary adjustments.

Dimitri: *laughs* Dimitiri thinks that would be a yes. We should leave him for now. I can vouch from our childhood that Nigel is impossible to talk to when he gets like this.

Eddie’s mood lightened as well as he watched Nigel typing away.

Eddie: Well I guess that settles that. So long as Nia isn’t involved in any of the context of the storyline then it's okay by me.

Dimitiri laughed again.

Dimitri: Dimitiri guarantees you can have faith in Nigel. He is a good guy and respects your concerns. He will do what it takes so that you will be happy with the result.

With that the two headed out the door leaving Nigel behind lost in his own little world.

and that's it for this update. I hope everyone enjoyed it and as always happy simming.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2015
    @and-it-is-on Congrats to Sam and Slater! Wish them all the best :) Poor Harlow there seeing her dad, lucky it was spooky day so she got to enjoy the moment. Great pic of the four of them and lol at Slater's face...
    @IreneSwift Lol Hal going for a political career? Well he seems charming enough, he got Kristy. ;) The hot chili face still cracks me up, lol. Stupid cops shouldn't even be police officers if they're not going to do their job, in real life he'd be fired. Lol
    I have one backstory post on AJ but it's way back there in the 200s somewhere, lol. He had the wild past as a teen following behind his older brother Imsety, but he did clean up his act, join the military, get his college degree, and just got married. Lets see how his life unfolds from here :)
    Sierra, though, she's just different. I'm not sure if she'll ever fully clean up, lol. Makes you wonder, the siblings are all 'normal' and Sierra is, well, Sierra. Lol When I started posting here I was actively putting her through college. She's a trip though. The stuff she was doing... lol It seemed like every night she was making me spit out my tea. She wants to travel but her career is putting the squeeze on her as she's now either working or playing a game 6 days a week. She made team captain (level 7), so honestly she is not taking very long to fulfill her LTW. She's getting promoted now every couple of days.
    Yeah Sage does play musical instruments on occasion, but her preferred mode of artistic expression is painting and drawing. I think both of the younger kids are musical. These guys made up for lost time, in a hurry. Lol
    Oh and that pic of Sage taking a snapshot was done with a Nraas mod, Animator.
    @Celiria ugh what a mess... Just hope for all of their sakes it can be resolved with as little pain as possible, although I fear someone will get hurt.
    @Zabeth0 Yeah she did bond with her on occasion, given that, well, Sierra's the child who's most like her, lol. She knew it and as you well know, it frightens her at times. However I don't think it's sunk in to Savannah that Sierra is an adventurer, too, but in a different way. As for Sage, well, Sage was a puzzle to Savannah, but actually she's more like her laid-back dad. It was actually rough for the two of them at times. Sierra was born right after her, and as you know, even though they look alike, they're night and day different.
    @LunBeauty this was the result of five years of insanity, rofl. This family has existed in some form since the release of the sims 3 base game. I had more time to play then than I do now. Back then I was playing nearly every day and now I'm lucky if I get one play session in a week. Yeah, Savannah wasn't much of a parent and her daughters are paying the price.
    @MayaRose1138 I have tried Windows 8, its on the computers at work. I hate it. I prefer 7.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    zlt6ar.jpg

Rafael: He decided to eat breakfast today. Zelda's house had a refrigerator and he could have left over pancakes. He'd loved these buckwheat pancakes yesterday. He stopped and smelled them, they smelled rich and fruity. How did one get sick and have their senses improve? It made little sense. Perhaps he'd fought it off...but he was still sore in every muscle and bone, so perhaps not.

Was he really more hungry than normal? He suspected he was stalling.

Why would he be stalling? Because he hadn't made a decision about what to do if Deedee wouldn't stop trying to save him. Logically, he'd have to stop her somehow, and he was going to research killing witches, so she was the most logical choice to test it on- if he failed she'd probably just kill him, whereas if he failed with an evil witch, there were other things to worry about. Like having his consciousness ripped out and stuck in a statue for all of time. That was a pretty steep price to pay for failure. Also, Deedee wouldn't hold it against Zelda, she'd know that the love spell didn't change his personality, and Zelda wasn't responsible for that. Emotionally, he'd rather cut off his own hand than kill her...but that wasn't a valid reason. That was the reasoning of a three year old 'I don't want to!' not good reasoning, he had to use good reasoning.

2j2w8py.jpg

Rafael: But he was under a love spell, couldn't he therefore acknowledge that emotions were running his life? No. Definitely not. In fact, now it was more important to him that he was doing things logically and rationally in all other areas to try to make up for the fact that he wasn't completely in control of himself. There was a rational, logical reason for not killing Deedee. All he had to do was find it.

But was there really? Were his motives pure? Yes, of course they were, he no more wanted to kill Deedee than he wanted to kill Miss Swain! What was he? His father? No, no of course not.

He liked Deedee...he was attracted to her, killing her would remove any possibility of cheating on Zelda physically or emotionally. Ridiculous. He would never cheat on Zelda, and he didn't need to kill anyone to insure it.

Deedee hadn't rescued him when he'd used her name three times like agreed, was it some kind of revenge? No, he was glad she hadn't. So exacting revenge by killing her would make little sense. No, it was that if she wasn't going to stop he'd rather she just kill him, and she wouldn't do that without a reason. At it's heart it was fear that she would succeed, that he'd be cured of loving Zelda, and that if cured, he would kill her. He'd lost too many people; he'd lose his mind. So, that sort of over the top risk seemed to warrant killing her.

263vgw8.jpg

Rafael: But there was a good reason why not; Zelda. Zelda only thought she wanted Deedee dead, she really didn't. If he killed Deedee, he'd anger Zelda. She didn't know she didn't want Deedee dead, but if Deedee died, it would show up in an extremely quick wrath that even she didn't understand, and that would be directed at whoever did it. If she did it she'd cry like a child who just broke her toy and more than likely she'd hurt herself, if he did it, she'd probably kill him, despite the fact that she'd started to love him and wanted a family with him; it would be the same impulse that would hurt herself in the case of her killing Deedee. If anyone else killed Deedee, she would avenge it, because while they were technically enemies, Zelda did not know how to be friends, the highest honor she could give you was to be enemies... He really wanted to know what the two women's history was... so no, he would not be killing Deedee. Besides, there was only one person on the planet he wanted to kill, and that was Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin. Killing anyone else would be a personal sacrifice; it wasn't like it was hard to kill people, amateurs did it all the time. Perhaps it was harder to kill witches...but he was skilled enough to do these things without having to kill Deedee. He could manipulate her. Zelda's weaknesses were his weaknesses, so it was really in his best interest to enlighten Zelda to her real feelings about Deedee, before any occasion could arise that she would impulsively kill Deedee. So, really, what he was going to do wasn't that bad...but he'd better not get caught doing it.
    Post edited by Zabeth0 on
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Living with the lively family
    Setting up the wordpress website. It can be found Here
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @jillbg-I disabled inventory cleaning because it deleted the leftovers on switching households.I'd never have been able to keep playing this game without the NRaas Mods to fix it because EA's "story progression" is a horrible bug-fest and it's turned games into horrible unplayable nightmares which wrecked them.
    @and-it-is-on-Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @MayaRose1138-That house looks great.
    @Zabeth0-That toy is a xylophone and they had a busy day though it was a good one.Great update!
    @ireneSwift-Ashley had to register as unemployed again because the records of it got lost from the fire.Des had to get her job back and is back at work again though it's a part-time job and Ashley does other things to earn money.Great update!
    @LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    @Celiria-Great update!
    I never made it into my game yesterday because I was in my purchase history downloading the store content to back it up for later.I have a game to get into so I can check my Mod setting out and make sure they're fine.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @Celiria Very nice update. :) I can't wait for more.

@Zabeth0 Nice update! I think killing Deedee would be a little extreme though, lol. There is always the method of just ignoring her. That seems like a better bet, lol.

I have a small update. Dallas and Raquelle are having what I like to call a Honeymoon World Tour. They are spending their honeymoon in the three World Adventures destinations, for six days each. (18 days all together). They just happened to finish with China, which I took a few pictures of during my video recordings. So, I hope you enjoy. :)

DaOfTfC.png
    When they got to the lodge, I changed them into their brand new sleepwear so they could um...well, you know. And this was the look that Miss Priss gave me when I made her get changed.
    Raquelle: Why do you enjoy putting me in such hideous outfits? Where's my pink t-shirt and my flannel pajama bottoms...and my slippers. I demand my slippers.
    Me: First of all, you look totally cute, and Dallas is totally going to be all over you. Second of all, you'd better count yourself lucky that I didn't download something with a thong or something seethrough.

yRLMim0.png
    TxeDuxp.png
    Rt9yPu9.png
    EgaUwJ5.png
    ifago70.png
    aBcR4JF.png
    After Raquelle was done cursing me out, she and Dallas got down to business and definitely didn't disappoint, with a lullaby right away. Of course, she won't start showing until after the HMWT. ;)

a6xtdiI.png
    itr23RS.png
    ivyJB3H.png
    While Raquelle was sleeping, this creeper decided to come up and take pictures of her while she was sleeping, and then he hopped in bed to relax! So, I had Dallas beat him up. Because no one creeps on Dallas's wife...not while he's around.

YJd0cGW.png
    Raquelle is at level 4 and Dallas is at level 5 of the Martial Arts skill. Raquelle beat him 2-1. :) I think it's pretty safe to say that Dallas better not get on Raquelle's bad side, lol.

I do have Part 23 and 24 uploaded, I am just waiting for them to render in HD and for the other youtube edits to finish processing, then I'll post them on here. :)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Spent my playtime caring for the cats

15716721724_c21ceae6ec.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Thank you to everyone who replied about Windows 7; the majority seem to say stick with that OS rather than Windows 8, so that's what I'll aim for when I go shopping around this weekend. I just hope that they will let me have 7 on my computer without charging me extra for putting it on!!

I'll do comments tomorrow, and I'll have a Ginger/Dashiell update, but I'd like to just quickly post what I've done on the Space Station House :)

Screenshot-1783_zpsjt3ucyxo.jpg
    Left of the entry is the study, with desks and easels, and beyond that is a small dance area for any budding dancers. Right of the entry is the hobbies room.

Going around to the left...
    Screenshot-1784_zps0fltueya.jpg
    Bottom is the music room, then the girls' room, two bathrooms (each adjoining a bedroom), and then the teen girls' bedroom.

Back of the house...
    Screenshot-1785_zpswakvrmw9.jpg
    Play area with adjoining nursery, then the Master Bedroom and ensuite. I've put a little walk-through wardrobe in the bedroom too just to fill up space :)

Screenshot-1786_zpseq5nnufj.jpg
    To the right of the MB is the laundry and passage to outside, and then the large dining room. It still needs a LOT of stuff in it! You can also see the teen boys' bedroom under it.

Screenshot-1787_zpsddc3pozr.jpg
    Under the teen bedroom are the adjoining bathrooms, then the junior boys' bedroom. You can also see the exercise room underneath it. There is a small bathroom between the exercise room and the hobby room for smells or accidents :)

Screenshot-1789_zpsu15yzusp.jpg
    And in the middle of the house are the common rooms. The lounge is bottom left, and a theatre/games room is bottom right. I put a little garden walk-through in the middle, then top left is the kitchen and dining room, and top right is an indoor garden.

I haven't done any recolouring yet, and I haven't finished with the furniture and decorating, but it's coming along pretty nicely :)

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Maya I play Windows 8.1, with a lot of problems in the beginning. Now it runs smoothly though, and you get used to the configuration quickly, it's not that much different from Windows seven... Great house!
    @LunBeauty Go Dallas! Beat up the creeps!

Here's an update presenting my world, TwinTowns...
    Back to the seat of power in Falls Harbor:
    3c-e28093-04-falls-harbor-city-hall.jpg
    Stephan Ashcroft, the Mayor's son doesn’t have many friends with his superior attitude.
    7-e28093-10-mayor-ashcroft_s-residence2.jpg
    He’s very intelligent but so irascible…
    7-e28093-11-mayor-ashcroft_s-residence1.jpg
    His mother, Sonia has got a serious problem with nectar… That she believes no one notices…
    1c-10-chc3a2teau-de-richebois1.jpg
    She’s always there for her husband, putting up a brave face to support him in his career.
    3c-e28093-05-falls-harbor-city-hall.jpg
    But today, the Mayor is impatient. He has something more important to see to than Headmaster Nowak who hates teenagers, and who is sickly happy when he can nail one of his students.

‘Chasing after teenagers who’re tagging is not an issue. There are more important things in this town to be seen to…’ The Mayor wants to get this over with quick. The two police officers who are waiting might have something on Don Moroni… ‘Just give me the papers and I’ll sign them and forward them to you… ASAP.’
    thegreywitches-part02-01-31.jpg
    He doesn’t know his own daughter was one of the teens that vandalized the school that night, and that poor Taïga Grey only was in the bad place at the bad moment… (https://greywitches.wordpress.com/ Part 2 Chapter 01)
    thegreywitches-part02-01-28.jpg
    The two police officers are waiting for headmaster Nowak to finish ranting about this teenager issue. They have stumbled upon something, and what they've learned is important enough to report directly to Mayor Ashcroft…
    3c-e28093-04-falls-harbor-city-hall1.jpg
    One of the first things James Ashcroft saw to when he became Mayor, was getting “Crook, Moroni and Sons Ltd” closed.
    36-e28093-02-firefighters-rooms-for-rent.jpg
    The old warehouse is now supposed to be abandoned. But why is there a newly installed door with a very modern security system?
    4m-e28093-01-for-lease.jpg
    It's a popular spot for hobos of all kinds. They’re hanging around there, lighting fires to warm themselves even though it’s strictly forbidden.
    4m-e28093-02-for-lease.jpg
    The police officers are quietly discussing the case. ‘I’m sure Pappy Wolff, Lucky Perkins and Bud Weiser had business for Don Moroni.’
    4m-e28093-03-for-lease.jpg
    ‘Yeah… But Wolff didn’t give up any names.’
    4m-e28093-04-for-lease.jpg
    ‘He said they were waiting for Derik Santana to deliver something...’
    4m-e28093-05-for-lease.jpg
    ‘He didn’t exactly say it was Santana they were waiting for. And he only said they were waiting for a package.’
    4m-e28093-06-for-lease.jpg
    'That's right! A package... That could be anything... or anyone...’
    4m-e28093-07-for-lease.jpg
    Whispering they continue arguing.
    4m-e28093-08-for-lease.jpg

Lieutenant Bruce Liu is listening to Nowak trying to convince the Mayor to make an example of Taïga Grey, but he’s not very enthusiastic about the Mayor’s methods, and he decidedly can’t stand that Nowak guy. Bruce has got problems with ethics, and sometimes he wonders if being a police officer is really what suits him best.
    7-e28093-05-liu-a-doll_s-house1.jpg
    He keeps his thoughts to himself, but he thinks that Don Moroni and James Ashcroft are quite the pair. Don Moroni might have burnt down Fairview’s old town…
    old-town1.jpg
    … but the Mayor hasn’t got clean hands either. He’s covered up the explosion at the CYF (Cross Your Fingers Science Facility in downtown Falls Harbor, at the docks).
    4j-e28093-01-cyf-science-facility.jpg
    4i-e28093-02-cross-my-heart-memorial.jpg
    Not long after the explosion, the fish started to mutate; their scales getting harder than steel…
    4j-e28093-04-cyf-science-facility-cross-your-fingers.jpg
    Then there were the mushrooms. Some glowing, others getting really huge…
    4j-e28093-03-cyf-science-facility.jpg
    But there are people who are starting to ask questions…
    28-e28093-08-contreras-old-science-lab.jpg
    Fat Bubba Weeks, Dolores Contreras and Liam O’Dourke work together at CYF. They have been gathering samples of the strange mushrooms and dissecting the fish…
    4j-e28093-05-cyf-science-facility-cross-your-fingers.jpg
    … And they aren’t hesitating to get dirty, digging for answers!
    28-e28093-06-contreras-old-science-lab.jpg
    There’s also the abandoned construction site Downtown South. The excavating abruptly stopped when the team suddenly hit rock. A huge rock. But was that all they hit? Lieutenant Bruce Liu is doubtful. He’s tried to go there to find out, but there are guards 24/7…
    downtown-south-excavation.jpg
    Bruce sighs and tries to concentrate. Everything seemed so easy last summer... The Liu’s moved in from Isla Paradiso in the middle of July. They settled in Fairview Heights, in an old Victorian mansion which Bruce spends his weekends renovating. His wife Lucy is always talking about a third child and he knows she secretly wishes to have a girl. The unfinished attic leaves plenty of room to expand, he even found an adorable doll house up there. It must surely be a sign?
    7-e28093-liu-a-doll_s-house.jpg
    Lucy is a High School English teacher. At the moment she works at Twallan's Preparatory School over in Falls Harbor, as there were no teaching posts available at Fairview High when they came here last summer.
    2b-e28093-02-twallan-preparatory-school.jpg
    But commuting every day into the City is starting to take its toll on her health, so she's asked for her transfer to Fairview Height's High School...
    1e-e28093-02-fairview-heights-high-school.jpg
    She was recently summoned to an interview with headmaster Nowak. She made a good impression and she’ll probably start next fall.
    7-e28093-03-liu-a-doll_s-house.jpg
    They have two sons, Jimmy and little Charlie.
    7-e28093-04-liu-a-doll_s-house1.jpg
    Calm quiet Bruce does his best, lecturing Jimmy when his son’s behavior gets out of hand. But Jimmy doesn’t care.
    7-e28093-03-liu-a-doll_s-house2.jpg
    He wants to be a soccer player when he grows up! He’s good with a ball, and he’s Ronaldo Messi’s biggest fan, hanging around the stadium, trying to get a glimpse of the handsome player.
    screenshot-2.jpg
    The Liu's has decided to let their son Jimmy have a pet to make him become more mature and responsible. So they’ve taken him to Fairview's Pet Shop, in the old Town together with other small quaint shops and restaurants.
    01-petshop.jpg
    That's about it – “Everything but Dinosaurs” store everything that run, crawl or swim. In a reasonable size, that is... So it shouldn’t be that difficult to choose something cute and cuddly!
    petshop3.jpg
    But Lucy is not happy with her son's choice. She thinks her husband should have put his foot down, for once...
    petshop1.jpg
    Jimmy is happy with his Parrot, though, and can't wait to get home and teach it to talk! And swear…
    petshop.jpg
    Will Bruce be able to quit the police force with what he knows about the Mayor's methods?
    liu.jpg
    People who knows too much has a tendency to disappear…
    [img]https://greywitchestwintowns.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/unlucky-🐸🐸🐸🐸-01.jpg[/img]
    And all bones that are excavated aren’t of paleontological interest…
    paleontological-remains.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed the update! :D Don't hesitate to visit and subscribe to my blogs: https://greywitches.wordpress.com/ (Taïga Grey's story)

https://greywitchestwintowns.wordpress.com/ (All about Twin Towns)
    Post edited by jillbg on
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Page 478

@LunBeauty That looks like a very nice house. Definitely not a starter for a new game, though.

Thank you.

@Zabeth Yes, it was worth taking the pictures and getting his scores up, though I ended up giving him a lighter load, so they'll be going back a second time to finish. I'm going to try enrolling them again while they're still there, so I won't have to go through moving them home then right back again, if it will work.

I would have Hal buy scrap, since they can definitely afford it, but he's making wishes to dig through junk piles. So, he gets to do it his way.

No, I've never been into entomology, so I didn't know that about the silver-spotted skipper.

I think that was only the second time they ate ceviche. They get 4 meals out of every recipe, so they have more to eat. I'm going to have Kristy make each of those hot meals once, then she won't make them again.

I know, I had to put that picture of Kristy in there, even though the walls were down behind her, showing rooms that shouldn't be visible. But there was no way to get it with the walls up, because she was facing the kitchen wall. It was just too good of a picture of her to leave it out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the burglar scenario. It gave me a good chuckle. You'd think they'd learn, but burglars in the game aren't any smarter than most real-life ones. LOL!

@Venus Hal doesn't actually have any traits related to the police career. He doesn't even have the artistic trait. In fact, originally he was even a coward, but I can't stand playing cowards, as their constant cowering and whimpering over every little thing gets annoying very quickly. So, I made him brave instead. But, he's a schmoozer and while he doesn't have the charismatic trait, he's mastered charisma. So, politics actually seems like a very good fit for him.

Yeah, I'm sure I read the post about AJ's backstory, but that was long enough ago that I had forgotten the details. I do hope you'll be sharing his and Alexandra's life together, too.

I know, I like the professional sports career, except for them having to work 6 days a week, and working hours that aren't very compatible with family time. But at least they're not subject to being called in at the drop of a hat, like doctors and special agents, or expected to constantly give lectures, like teachers, or hold meetings, like business sims. Nor do they have to get up super early like military sims. And, they can actually take some of the practise days off without their performance suffering. So long as they have one day where they prepare for the game, they'll win it.

@Zabeth It seems Rafael really doesn't need to be concerned about Deedee trying to save him, though he doesn't know that, of course. The only way she knows how to break the love spell would deprive him of his ability to love, which wouldn't be one bit better than what he's living with now. Maybe once she learns that Zelda is also in love with Rafael now, so she's not going to kill him, she'll realize that it's better to let things alone. Though really, it's still not good, since he has no free will with respect to whether or not to love Zelda, and if he regained that, he'd hate her for taking it away from him.

But, maybe when he goes to see Deedee, she'll somehow find out that he's turning into a vampire and cure him. She obviously knows how to do it already, since she told whoever called her way back in the beginning that if they sent a vampire after him, she'd change him to human before he could do anything to Rafael.

He seems to be forgetting that when he called on Deedee, she couldn't hear him, because the place where he was at the time was shielded from any other witch hearing or knowing anything.

At least he's figured out that Zelda doesn't really hate Deedee, she only thinks she does. It will be interesting to find out just why Zelda has such strong feelings toward Deedee.

Page 479

@TadOlson Oh, I see. I guess that replacing City Hall would make it necessary to re-register as self-employed, unemployed, or retired. And, it fits well with your story, too.

Thank you.

@LunBeauty I see you got the CC facial hair back for Dallas. I actually kind of liked the other look he had better, but I know you like that one better, and that's all that really matters.

You must have Traveler, if Raquelle could get pregnant in a WA world. Are they going to to from one WA world directly to the next each time?

Was that guy supposed to be a paparazzi? He had a lot of nerve, going right into the bedroom, and even worse if he actually got into the bed! Good for Dallas for beating him up! I think I would have annihilated him for that! But, if they're staying at the base camp, anybody could go in there.

@MayaRose The house is looking good. Do you have a specific family you're making it for?
  • Options
    After breakfast on Friday, Hal and Kristy both had skills they wanted to improve, so as Hal began working at his inventing workbench, Kristy tended to her garden, then joined him in the hobby room to play her piano.

1togetherinthehobbyroom.jpg

Kristy was very close to the next level, and reached her goal at the same moment that Hal succeeded in creating his next invention, a harvester.

2success.jpg

So, as Hal resumed his inventing, Kristy went to the bookstore to buy a new piano composition. Just as Kristy walked through the door to leave for the bookstore, Hal reached the next inventing skill level. He now gained the ability to detonate things for scrap. And with his new harvester, this would make collecting scrap much faster and easier at the junkyard.

Kristy needed a photograph of someone detonating something for a collection she had been working on, but Hal had taken all the available scrap from the junkyard the previous day, and there was none to be had there this day. So, they would both have to wait for another day to make a trip to the junkyard.

Before Kristy was out of sight of the house, Hal reached level 3 handiness skill. So, he took a break from inventing to get the mail and read the newspaper. At the bookstore, the clerk gave Kristy a discount. Although she and Hal don't get out on the town all that much, they are very well known around town.

3kristyvisitsthebookstore.jpg

When she returned home, she found Hal reading the newspaper on the patio, and settled nearby to learn her new piano music. When Hal finished reading the newspaper, he stayed there, enjoying Kristy's music.

4togetheronthepatio.jpg

5romanceonthepatio.jpg

After Kristy finished learning her new music, she and Hal played horseshoes before dinner. Hal won, though neither of them were very good at it.

6playinghorseshoes.jpg

Afterward, Hal serenaded Kristy.

7halserenadeskristy.jpg

After dinner, while Hal did a forensic analysis, Kristy joined him in the study, reading a book entitled Training In the Rain, in between trips to tend to a load of laundry.

8togetherinthestudy.jpg

After breakfast on Saturday, while Kristy tended to her potted garden, Hal took pictures.

9tendingtothepottedgarden.jpg

First, he got a photo of Kristy gardening, then he went outside and photographed their soccer goal (for “Fun In the Sun). Then he went inside their personal museum/recreational building to photograph Kristy's fire engine and the saracophagi, pushable statue, fortune cookie maker, and nectar maker, and one of the storage chests, for different subjects in various collections. In the process, he mastered photography. And, all this with nothing but a cheap camera.

By that time, Kristy had finished with her plants, so they went to the spring festival together. First they used the Love Inspector, which said, “Uncontrollable: Love Inspector never truly understood what love was until this moment – How can love inspector ever thank the two of you?”

10usingtheloveinspector.jpg

11embracingbytheloveinspector.jpg

They had a photo taken, then danced for awhile, but there wasn't much to do there, so they decided to stop at the new bakery that had just opened in town, not far from their home.

12dancingatthespringfestival.jpg

13dancingatthespringfestival2.jpg

The bakery clerk asked Hal for his autograph.... and hit on him! Hal and Kristy didn't buy anything. Instead, they went home.

14visitingthebakery.jpg

Soon, it would be time for them to leave for University, where Hal would be studying for a degree in communications. Kristy would also be getting another degree, this time in physical education. Several of the courses she had taken for her Fine Arts degree would be applied to a second degree, so she only needed a few classes to get another degree.

Once Hal had finished reading the newspaper, he got online and enrolled them both in University for two terms. They had decided that there was no hurry for Hal to get his degree in two terms, and a smaller class load would allow them both to experience more of University than just classes and studying. He enrolled for 24 credits in Communications, while Kristy would take 12 credits in Physical Education.
  • Options
    @‌everyone

For those interested in case you haven't heard. Microsoft announced yesterday that for the next year anyone with windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, and windows phone 8.1 will be able to get a free upgrade to Windows 10 once it fully releases. There isn't any other info yet on the subject but I thought I would mention for those who might be interested.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Celiria: Great news! But I had so many problems when I bought a new computer with Windows8 - it took me a full month to reset just about everything to be able to play the sims. So I think I won't dive head-on... But the offer sounds tempting... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 I hope you get a really good computer. :) I've always been real comfortable with Windows 7. I do have the Windows 8 disc, which came with my computer, so I could upgrade to Windows 8 if I wanted, but I don't want to. Wow, that's a really big house. It must have taken you forever to build. :)

@jillbg Very nice update!

@IreneSwift I'm not sure what you mean. It's not a starter house. I think it's a perfect family home. I didn't want anything super big. Despite Raquelle being quite the diva, she doesn't like overly large houses either. They're too hard to keep clean.

I've had his facial hair back for a while now. Yes, I do have Traveler. And, yes. I do plan them going straight to the other WA destinations. Basically, whenever they finish with one, they're not home five minutes before they have to go to the next one. They're already finished with China and are in Egypt now. I've had Dallas explore some of the Great Pyramid. That place is huge, but he does need that enchanted pickaxe from one of those missions in China to be able to get it, which he hasn't gotten the mission yet. Too bad something happened with the recording and I had to throw it out. Oh well, I could try again.

Yes, the guy was supposed to be paparazzi. Although, when they were in the base camp, it didn't give him that title. But when they were out in the world and he was practically stalking her, it did. He never followed Dallas. But he just would not leave Raquelle alone! Like he would get right up in her face. I've never had a paparazzi that annoying and rude. I mean, what kind of paparazzi just gets into bed with a sim? It was so creepy! Then he disgraced Raquelle for saying she "woo-hooed in public" even though, when they did try for a baby it was behind closed doors with no one else around, in a bed! And when they were trying to take a shower because the China base has that one bathroom with two showers, he followed them in there and wouldn't leave so they had to both jump out of the shower to shoo him away and he just laughed and wouldn't leave. I swear, I've never wanted to punch a sim so hard in my life.

That ends my mini-rant. But seriously, this guy deserves to be punched in the throat.

Very nice update, by the way!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I have parts 23 and 24 ready to watch. Part 25 and 26 are still undergoing some last few "enhancements" before I make them public. :) But for now, enjoy the two that are ready and don't forget to comment, rate, and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxZTT3h7LLE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIdL9-_b9xg
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm doing my first legacy challenge today in the sims 3, but with a twist. Instead of doing the challenge on the largest lot in game, i'm doing it on the smallest lot in game. Screenshot-44.jpg

What ideas can you think of using this lot?
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2015
    @MayaRose1138 Space station house looks great! I have a family I used to test Lunar Lakes with, they currently consist of a renowned plumboticist, her two half-alien children, and her plumbot who is basically a servant.
    @LunBeauty Great honeymoon pix of the lovebirds! Lol at Raquelle not wanting to put on slinky lingerie. I thought she'd be the type to like that, lol. Way to go Dallas for beating up the pap! They are sooo annoying! Creepy old man, too. Rofl I've been meaning to get a sim involved with martial arts, but just haven't had a chance to do so.
    @jillbg Lol at Jimmy choosing a pet bird! Definitely not 'typical' lol. Let's hope he does care for it when he gets it home. Pretty sure that bird will know a lot of what it doesn't need to know, lol. Great pics of the rest of the town!
    @IreneSwift Aww they are so sweet enjoying the festival and preparing to leave for college. I love that twirling romantic interaction. Both AJ and Alexandra have rolled wants to return to school, I'm not sure if I'll let them, lol. He's definitely his mom's son in this way - he wants to travel again (he's not specific on the destination) but for some reason his bride wants to return to Egypt!
    As for Sierra, yeah she's working practically all the time, but she's a single girl with seemingly no interest in romance or children, so 'family' time wouldn't be an issue for her - yet. The only individual she's currently living with is her plumbot. She is, though, spending time with her brothers and sisters, so maybe she feels like with such a large family, she doesn't need to have children at this point. Where the squeeze is coming in, though, is she doesn't have much time to pursue her hobbies. Her older brother and sister-in-law are both military, and neither of them have even mentioned kids yet, lol. They're too busy with their high level military careers. Lol
    @Zabeth0 they sound as though they had a pretty good day - all the Deedee talk aside, lol.

Got a small update for you guys...

Screenshot-2337_zps00a26bd7.jpg

The last time we saw Andrew the younger and his princess bride, they were on the lam from Samir Amin, the biological father of his two adopted siblings and a notorious criminal from his mother's adventurer past.

Screenshot-2409_zps02655454.jpg

Screenshot-2413_zps4601d414.jpg

When the couple returned to Hidden Springs, they moved into this house, called Aspen Valley. (I downloaded it off the exchange awhile ago but never used it.)

Screenshot-2410_zps8fc2de06.jpg

AJ beat his wife out of bed the next morning. Like a true Jolina he wanted to learn during the three days he had off of work due to getting married.

Screenshot-2411_zps33e97278.jpg

He wanted to learn cooking, gardening, and charisma, so off he went to take the required courses...

Screenshot-2412_zpsbf89bc71.jpg

Meanwhile, his bride had a hankering to go fishing, so she found the one body of water in Hidden Springs that wasn't frozen.

Screenshot-2414_zpscc5f65f8.jpg

She was excited when her husband bought her a telescope.

Screenshot-2416_zps862a6c13.jpg

Later that evening, the snow really began to fall in Hidden Springs. It wasn't the wet slushy stuff in Sunset Valley, but the heavy, fluffy flakes that tended to stick.

Screenshot-2415_zps453e0020.jpg

The newlyweds both wanted to stargaze so they decided to do it together. When they each discovered a star they named it after the other person.

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    Part 25 and 26 are now ready for viewing. Enjoy, and don't forget to send me a comment and a like!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMNDxGc3UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf_iKne9qCs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top