Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    DuissaneDuissane Posts: 362 Member
    Thank you thank you thank you @Kellycot1 for making that simdex. It's awesome and so handy! I can't imagine how many hours you must have put in to create it, and how many more you will need to put in to turn it into what you envision, but your work is most definitely appreciated!
    What is the face of a coward? The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Duissane wrote: »
    Thank you thank you thank you @Kellycot1 for making that simdex. It's awesome and so handy! I can't imagine how many hours you must have put in to create it, and how many more you will need to put in to turn it into what you envision, but your work is most definitely appreciated!
    Thank you, @Duissane! It means the world to me to hear that it's handy and appreciated. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »

Totally OT but this is a knowledgeable group of people so I figured I'd as here since this is really the only thread I follow. It's sort of hard to explain, but sometimes when making a Sim in CAS, every item of clothing that I assign the sim in everyday clothing will apply to every category where that item is applicable. Like if I give them a certain shirt, pants, and earrings in everyday wear, those same pants, shirt and earrings will be in every category (formal, sleep, swim, etc...). This only happens once in a while and appears to be random, though I can't imagine it really is random. Something must be making it happen. I know it's definitely not a mod causing it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure I explained it clearly.

Same here, it's annoying sometimes though with me it's usually limited to one item. Can't say what could cause it :(

Looks awesome @kellycot1‌ :D
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »

Totally OT but this is a knowledgeable group of people so I figured I'd as here since this is really the only thread I follow. It's sort of hard to explain, but sometimes when making a Sim in CAS, every item of clothing that I assign the sim in everyday clothing will apply to every category where that item is applicable. Like if I give them a certain shirt, pants, and earrings in everyday wear, those same pants, shirt and earrings will be in every category (formal, sleep, swim, etc...). This only happens once in a while and appears to be random, though I can't imagine it really is random. Something must be making it happen. I know it's definitely not a mod causing it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure I explained it clearly.

Same here, it's annoying sometimes though with me it's usually limited to one item. Can't say what could cause it :(

Well, I have the opposite reaction to it happening... it's always a good thing to me! It makes it much easier to make a bunch of sims quickly. If there's a way to make it happen on purpose I would love to know how.

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »

Well, I have the opposite reaction to it happening... it's always a good thing to me! It makes it much easier to make a bunch of sims quickly. If there's a way to make it happen on purpose I would love to know how.

I usually don't add jewelry and such to my sims and those are the things that usually stick from the Sim I start with and I like to take my time creating sims, even though I'm not really good at it, I always think they look the same. But I can see the good part in it.
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 Thanks for the links to both. I won't subscribe yet! I already have too many emails that need to be culled. I just never seem to find the time to clean up my email. Love the Simdex and it is an awesome task that you are doing.

Off to work, y'all have a great day!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited January 2015
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    I definitely haven't taken the Simdex down. It's there, but still under construction so I haven't had the courage to post the link here just yet. It's going well, so I suppose I should: The Simdex. At this stage, most of it is laid out, but there are plenty of blank or 'under construction' pages that can make it a bit frustrating to use. It has links to the Sims 3 Store PDF (if you click on 'The Sims 3 Store' tab on the top navigation menu) and so far the individual items are added for all of the worlds and about half of the venues. The rest of it is mostly empty or still rather disorganised.
    Oh my oh my! Erin, this is A-maz-ing!

So much useful stuff all in one place, already! I'm one of those people who finds something that works and sticks with it, not realising that someone else has made something even better, so I am particularly grateful for your 'Recommended Mods' section. (*)

For example, on a couple of my builds I used Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod to put "residential" objects on a commercial lot, not realising that it is included in Nraas's Traveller, which I've never actually installed. And then all those other little Build/Buy unlocks and improvements that I need to try out! Thank you! <3

Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Thanks for all of the great comments! I really appreciate your feedback, Adrian @ajaxpost ─ that Recommended Mods section is still only developing, so I'd love to hear about useful mods from everyone here. I'll add Buzzler's mod to the list (that's one I remember looking at but misplacing my bookmark a long time ago!) and make a note about Traveller so that people are aware they have that choice.

But yay! People aren't throwing fruit at my failure of a site. Squee! I'm so glad it's getting such a good response, even from such early stages. I was so nervous to share, because it's so incomplete, but I feel like I've made such progress in the past month or so ─ thanks, of course, to my wonderful DD friends. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes I tried the reset lot. Didn't bring anything back. The coop is in the store and I can buy a new one but the ones that were already placed and the family was feeding went bye bye somehow.
  • Options
    Someone also suggested removing objects hiding, at least until I can go into the game and look around to see if the coop and birds somehow got stuck up on a roof or whatever. I won't be able to spend too much time on it today though.
  • Options
    When I say see the cooop in buy/build mode I mean I see it in order for my sim to purchase a new one and place. No, the placed one does not show up. I opened up the hide objects thing for a moment to see if I could find it that way but nothing is caught in ground, trees, roof etc.
  • Options
    How do I even delete something that I can't find?
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the great comments! I really appreciate your feedback, Adrian @ajaxpost ─ that Recommended Mods section is still only developing, so I'd love to hear about useful mods from everyone here. I'll add Buzzler's mod to the list (that's one I remember looking at but misplacing my bookmark a long time ago!) and make a note about Traveller so that people are aware they have that choice.

But yay! People aren't throwing fruit at my failure of a site. Squee! I'm so glad it's getting such a good response, even from such early stages. I was so nervous to share, because it's so incomplete, but I feel like I've made such progress in the past month or so ─ thanks, of course, to my wonderful DD friends. :)

I, too, think the Simdex looks AMAZING! I didn't get to spend too much time on it, but what I saw is wonderful. I pinned it to my secret sims 3 board (I can't let the world know how fanatic I am ;) ) There was a lot of recommended mods over on this thread. You might want to look into them for your page.
  • Options
    Ok, after a week of scratching my head, etc......I finally figured it out. I found the seasonal lot marker I placed (I didn't set it up properly) and as soon as I deleted it my missing birds with their cages and the chicken coops reappeared.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    spreadsheet team- On the "part of set" tab- Indulgent Living has 6 items that are also in the Monarch Suite, but the set isn't grouped with the Monarch Suite the way other sets are noted when you look at Sea Shanty.

EDIT- also Full Regal Living has 2 items in the monarch suite and 2 in the gentleman's lounge collection.
    Post edited by LadybugLeslie on
  • Options
    ellabrodey9ellabrodey9 Posts: 261 Member
    Thanks so much @KSkywalker4571‌ for the curly tuft :D Now I'll get the Top O' The Tots set for free when it comes up on DD :)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    spreadsheet team- On the "part of set" tab- Indulgent Living has 6 items that are also in the Monarch Suite, but the set isn't grouped with the Monarch Suite the way other sets are noted when you look at Sea Shanty.

EDIT- also Full Regal Living has 2 items in the monarch suite and 2 in the gentleman's lounge collection.
    Thanks Leslie. I will update the sheet and the Item Directory later today.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    what is OE?

Offline Existence, formerly known as "real life".

Is there a new acronym for in character?
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    what is OE?

Wha? Being an exhausted overworked squirrel isn't enough? Myself & folks I know always just called it RP'ing. It is fun, I miss doing that.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    So...I got bitten by a whitetail spider and have venom in my arm. No its not super dangerous or anything, but dear god, venom really loves to mess up your nerves.

Relogic now has a new company policy due to my misfortune though: "No working while poisoned"
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    @Devalaous‌ -- that sounds terrible!! so sorry.

Does anyone know if the house that is pictured on the Full Regal Living set page is available in the exchange? Did the store team typically make builds that are featured in screen shots on various set pages available? I love that house! Reminds me of Full House of course :smiley:
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    what is OE?

Wha? Being an exhausted overworked squirrel isn't enough? Myself & folks I know always just called it RP'ing. It is fun, I miss doing that.

i mean..... online existence
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2015
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    what is OE?

i mean..... online existence
    Its the only existence I know anymore :s
    Edit: @Devalaous Sneaky little creatures! >:) Hope you feel alright soon.
  • Options
    On the canning station.......can I store those jars in the basement or whatever? Someone said to use the shelves and I try but the jars won't go on the shelves. What now? Thanks. :)
  • Options
    The item is called Rustic Bakery Rack. Each Rack has 6 shelves to it. On Rack #1 I was able to fill up all the shelves. But on the other racks I am not able to fill up any of the shelves. My sim cans a lot. Are we only allowed 1 rack a household? I'm kind of stuck here.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top