Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    In Before "LGR Sold Out!"
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Sadly I can only buy it online... Son of a plumballs... D:
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Kael wrote: »
    I actually agree with most of his review, and it is good that he didn't entirely judge it by what he mentioned in both his review of TS4 and the updated one. He's a proper reviewer, he can't just make a video about a pack and bathe it in "But it still doesn't have X" and "The base game still sucks". Well, he did mention that the base game was missing a lot of other things towards the end of the video but the mention was so slight that it didn't take away from the main point.
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Man, he's my favorite Sims Reviewer, he words things so well. Wish it was longer though. :(
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    I actually agree with most of his review, and it is good that he didn't entirely judge it by what he mentioned in both his review of TS4 and the updated one. He's a proper reviewer, he can't just make a video about a pack and bathe it in "But it still doesn't have X" and "The base game still sucks". Well, he did mention that the base game was missing a lot of other things towards the end of the video but the mention was so slight that it didn't take away from the main point.

I think the only thing missing is the fact that while the pack may be worth $20 (and it probably would be to me,) the base game price may trump that - meaning, my base game isn't worth $60, and the base game + pack aren't worth $80. Since you need both to play the pack, it seems sort of incorrect logically to only consider the price of one (understanding that the game review is only of the stuff pack, and I realize he does mention that the base game is not perfect.)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I paid the full $70 for the premium edition (mainly because I wanted the digital soundtrack -- I collect Sims music on my computer, go figure). I feel like I've gotten my money's worth -- I'm enjoying the game despite the flaws and missing content. I've played Sims that are different than any other I've played (I even played an evil mean Sim to complete a couple of the careers -- now I want to try an evil cheerful Sim and see what happens). I've actually been able to stay with a family beyond 2 generations, because I'm not leaving a save to chase after a new shiny world or expansio
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

I think the only thing missing is the fact that while the pack may be worth $20 (and it probably would be to me,) the base game price may trump that - meaning, my base game isn't worth $60, and the base game + pack aren't worth $80. Since you need both to play the pack, it seems sort of incorrect logically to only consider the price of one (understanding that the game review is only of the stuff pack, and I realize he does mention that the base game is not perfect.)

I also think he has sold out. It isn't anything he said in his review, but what he has said on Twitter and to people in the comments. Someone mentioned game breaking bugs and he literally responded "I don't know what you mean by game breaking bugs, EA has been fixing everything and releasing free patches"....yea, the old LGR, the one that complained about worlds that were done well costing too much would have never said that. He was also quite rude top people on twitter that were saying they didn't like the base game right when it released. He and Alexis from SimsVIP were quite rude to several people. that is one of the many reasons I do not visit Alexis' site anymore.....
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I like the fact that he/LGR has to buy his own DLC for the Sims now.

Before fans would often "gift" it to him to review from the Sims 3 store, but honestly that makes no sense.

He makes thousands of dollars as youtuber by having people WATCH his reviews (which is clearly why he will be forced to buy his own DLC for the Sims 4 if he wants to continue getting the views.)

I like him as a reviewer too, but I don't think he needs peoples charity when its all profit for him.
  • Options

Yeah well, he did mention in his TS4 review that the game was worth in his opinion $30 and did break it down fairly well. So in a sense, I kind of understand why he would not bring that up since he already covered the pricing of TS4 previously.
    I paid the full $70 for the premium edition (mainly because I wanted the digital soundtrack -- I collect Sims music on my computer, go figure). I feel like I've gotten my money's worth -- I'm enjoying the game despite the flaws and missing content. I've played Sims that are different than any other I've played (I even played an evil mean Sim to complete a couple of the careers -- now I want to try an evil cheerful Sim and see what happens). I've actually been able to stay with a family beyond 2 generations, because I'm not leaving a save to chase after a new shiny world or expansio
    Well that's odd, I don't remember ever having to leave a save for a new world or expansion when I used to play vanilla, specially because, well, I could actually edit the world, add and move lots, and it usually took me less than 1-2 hours to implement the new lots in my current world.
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »

I also think he has sold out. It isn't anything he said in his review, but what he has said on Twitter and to people in the comments. Someone mentioned game breaking bugs and he literally responded "I don't know what you mean by game breaking bugs, EA has been fixing everything and releasing free patches"....yea, the old LGR, the one that complained about worlds that were done well costing too much would have never said that. He was also quite rude top people on twitter that were saying they didn't like the base game right when it released. He and Alexis from SimsVIP were quite rude to several people. that is one of the many reasons I do not visit Alexis' site anymore.....

I don't know about any of that. It does look like it was a review done by someone who enjoys the game but that makes me happy actually, I'd rather hear a positive perspective, because that tells me "this is the best you can expect, if you still think this is lacking, it's probably not for you." And reviews can acknowledge bugs but the review itself should still be about the gameplay I think, sort of a "this is what you can expect, provided you don't have bug issues" (although tbh I don't really see much about what they can *do* besides each other in a tent or sit by the fire and eat things, aside from brief mentions of the new collectibles).
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I admit that last line at the end of the review does make him sound kinda like a sellout willing to buy anything as long as it has the word "sim" in it.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

I don't know about any of that. It does look like it was a review done by someone who enjoys the game but that makes me happy actually, I'd rather hear a positive perspective, because that tells me "this is the best you can expect, if you still think this is lacking, it's probably not for you." And reviews can acknowledge bugs but the review itself should still be about the gameplay I think, sort of a "this is what you can expect, provided you don't have bug issues" (although tbh I don't really see much about what they can *do* besides each other in a tent or sit by the fire and eat things, aside from brief mentions of the new collectibles).

Like I said, I have no problem with the review. My issue is with what he has been saying to people on twitter and his comments. He literally said the comment I mentioned above in the comments on that actual review.
  • Options

Like I said, I have no problem with the review. My issue is with what he has been saying to people on twitter and his comments. He literally said the comment I mentioned above in the comments on that actual review.

Yeah if I had seen the twitter comments I'd probably feel the same way. I guess not being on twitter has some benefits after all :)
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2015
    Outdoor Retreat looks like a rendered Minecraft world...
    crying-celebrity-gifs-ashley-benson.gif

Also... this quote still haunts me from lazy
    "...There's still a whole lot of stuff left that still needs to be added to the game and you can bet that a lot of that won't come for free..."
    Post edited by Crunchie885 on
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    That was fast! His tweet said by Friday! I was expecting at least one more day!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

Wow, if that's the case then I'm really disappointed. LGR was the only review I'd seek out before buying content because he's always been fair and brutally honest. I did think he sounded a bit hearty about what amounts to 20 min worth of new gameplay considering how completely lackluster he was for his TS4 base review and his reviews for the subsequent patches. But I figured maybe something had snapped and he'd found some joy in it somewhere. For him to be denying it's flaws...c'mon dude, we have you on video saying the complete opposite.

To be fair, it definitely is more substantial than. Stuff Pack, but I'm also pretty sure we'll be seeing more of the same and you'll eventually have to spend $60-$80 to get a rough equivalent of what should be a $40 vacation EP.
  • Options
    Well, I don't really know about what goes on around Twitter as I do not use it, but I've always kind of seen LGR as an "a-- wait that word will get obviously censored" and that's sort of why I like watching his cynical blunt reviews.

But it didn't surprise me given how much he bashed Stuff Packs for being $20 worth of just objects and how EPs like Supernatural did not click his play style at all, so in that sense it really didn't surprise me that he'd be enthusiastic about the concept of Game Packs but that's just me.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I ... am sad.

I never heard of this guy before his review of the Sims4. I found his review of the Sims4 funny, fresh and honest ... I liked the humour of it and thought high of his review.

This ... what is this? he sounds like he is reading a script. I can't listen to this.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Well, I don't really know about what goes on around Twitter as I do not use it, but I've always kind of seen LGR as an "a-- wait that word will get obviously censored" and that's sort of why I like watching his cynical blunt reviews.

But it didn't surprise me given how much he bashed Stuff Packs for being $20 worth of just objects and how EPs like Supernatural did not click his play style at all, so in that sense it really didn't surprise me that he'd be enthusiastic about the concept of Game Packs but that's just me.

I wasn't surprised either. He has no problem with the packs themselves. Just the price. He feels the same way about the store.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    A good review. And I have to agree with his assessment from what I am seeing. I will definitely see about getting this expansion next month for sure.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I love LGR but honestly, I felt like I was watching a commercial. Like someone else said, it was like he was reading a script, and in a monotone voice at that; really isn't like him at all. Where was the sarcasm that he usually imparts in a review? I didn't base my purchase on his review, but I've always liked his reviews in the past, and this one was definitely different.
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    It sounds like him to me.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Alexis has every right to be rude. People were attacking her for months because she was excited for The Sims 4, then attacked her again for being able to play the game early, and then attacker her again for liking the game.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 right she had 100% every right to get angry at people attacking her for having an opinion.

Also, saying LGR has "sold out" is the most rediculous comment ever. He has been making fun about how crap the game is since launch, but he hasn't had any game breaking bugs, so he's under the impression that the patches EA released fixed the problems people had.
    He's played the Sims 4 several times and while he's constantly criticised the game (even when pools etc. came out he was annoyed by it).

"Selling out" would be saying The Sims 4 is the best game ever, or that Outdoor Retreat is better than the other two Vacation packs we've had.
    He never said that.

He said the base game still doesn't have everything, but if you happen to already own the game it's a great addition for $20.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    I love LGR but honestly, I felt like I was watching a commercial. Like someone else said, it was like he was reading a script, and in a monotone voice at that; really isn't like him at all. Where was the sarcasm that he usually imparts in a review? I didn't base my purchase on his review, but I've always liked his reviews in the past, and this one was definitely different.

There was plenty of Sarcasm in there. People just want Sarcastic jokes bashing the game, rather than Sarcastic jokes praising the game.

He's allowed to enjoy the game. His favourite packs have generally been the World Adventures/Island Paradise packs so it makes sense that he likes this pack, because it's his kind of pack.