Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2015
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    An open world IS better. I don't even know why people would take the position that they prefer it to be closed just because some game developing team had problems coding a video game. Plenty of game developers have no problems with putting HUGE open areas in their games and those are games that will still run on a broad spectrum of PC's, so that's not a valid excuse to me either. We sacrificed a ton of control by not having an open world in the sims. How can you honestly say that you don't mind not being able to control multiple sims doing multiple things in multiple areas of town anymore? That you like how it works now better... lol..

People who say that the closed or open world doesn't make difference, are those that don't have a good computer to run the awesomeness called open world. Believe me, I know. :p
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    An open world IS better. I don't even know why people would take the position that they prefer it to be closed just because some game developing team had problems coding a video game. Plenty of game developers have no problems with putting HUGE open areas in their games and those are games that will still run on a broad spectrum of PC's, so that's not a valid excuse to me either. We sacrificed a ton of control by not having an open world in the sims. How can you honestly say that you don't mind not being able to control multiple sims doing multiple things in multiple areas of town anymore? That you like how it works now better... lol..

People who say that the closed or open world doesn't make difference, are those that don't have a good computer to run the awesomeness called open world. Believe me, I know. :p

I have a very good desktop computer, bought it 2 years ago, don't care about closed world. Please don't generalize.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I have a very good desktop computer, bought it 2 years ago, don't care about closed world. Please don't generalize.
    Well then, wise one, enlighten us as to how the concept of closed worlds is superior to open worlds. Hint word "concept", not execution. This isn't about whether they messed up open worlds or not in TS3.

Proper open worlds (as shown possible in TS3 via third party modifications) take away disruptive in-between loading screens to go anywhere, allow you to fully control several sims at various locations, allow for both rotational play and non-rotational play, allows for a logical story progression for those who fall into that play style, allow for much more gameplay possibilities. In short, it is superior to the concept of closed worlds in every way possible. If someone actually believes that closed worlds have any advantage over open worlds, I'd want to hear it.

And yes, all of that is possible in open worlds had the developers actually cared at all about the game. But that's besides the point, we are talking about concept here. A concept isn't tied to the execution in a specific environment.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2015
    HollowVoid wrote: »

Well then, wise one, enlighten us as to how the concept of closed worlds is superior to open worlds. Hint word "concept", not execution. This isn't about whether they messed up open worlds or not in TS3.

Proper open worlds (as shown possible in TS3 via third party modifications) take away disruptive in-between loading screens to go anywhere, allow you to fully control several sims at various locations, allow for both rotational play and non-rotational play, allows for a logical story progression for those who fall into that play style, allow for much more gameplay possibilities. In short, it is superior to the concept of closed worlds in every way possible. If someone actually believes that closed worlds have any advantage over open worlds, I'd want to hear it.

And yes, all of that is possible in open worlds had the developers actually cared at all about the game. But that's besides the point, we are talking about concept here. A concept isn't tied to the execution in a specific environment.

Better yet he should enlighten us on why we should not report him for his antagonizing gif spam in this thread. When they're banning folks for using gifs to agitate and start flame wars. This is a good discussion and posting a gif that says haters going to hate is against the forum rules. You're not even participating in the discussion. he's just being plan rude. Of course it's not like they're going to give him a warning and ban him nor is it like any people who like the game are going to report him for his disruptive behavior.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I didn't said I didn't liked them or that closed worlds have advantages over open worlds, I simply said I don't mind, that I don't care, about the closed worlds on sims, my opinion, let me live with it "wise one".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I didn't said I didn't liked them or that closed worlds have advantages over open worlds, I simply said I don't mind, that I don't care, about the closed worlds on sims, my opinion, let me live with it "wise one".
    Who exactly is not letting you live with your opinion? I'd like to know, really. Is someone forcing you to stay on this thread to the point you'd resort to gif spamming off-topic bashing?

And about the open world or closed world, I believe I've made my point already.
  • Options

The concept of an open world is better, even for lower end machines depending on how it's executed. Let's throw out the way ts3 executed it.

Open world games are sandbox play. However if you look at the industry you'll find that many open world games have massive map sizes but incorporate small zones for loading. There are tricks to making the world functional and not having to make them rpg scripted play. Yes they can play just fine on a 32 bit out dated processor.

So one thing for sure is to make sure the clean up systems are functioning and in place. Clutter that does not despawn creates massive problems because as you load the game and maps, people, etc that clutter is data that can easily flood the game increasing load time along with increasing the chances of the files being corrupted. You notice that open world games limit inventory space of npc's than they have in place where the game dumps the inventory.

Creating uncontrolled spawn ratio's in an open world game is a no no. You invest more time in creating background for the npc's and designs but adding things with the 1 percent chance to change whatever you're going to find eventually your whole map is dead or turning into vampires. So big mistake there if you don't create some opposition to control spawn rates. So in sims games if you have celebrities than to control how many than it shouldn't be done through talking to famous people it should be done through their career line. Same with vampires if you're going to give them the possibility to bite and change people you should incorporate some nobility rules and vampire hunters to reduce down the spawn rate. That goes for any really supernatural aspect.

While lots are dormant the game is background calculating. However that isn't want creates the stutter an lag on old machines. Again it's the fact there is a large open world utilizing a lot of textures and data, along with npc's leaving spawned things around town. If you get zones with high animations that are fully active it's a problem for lower end processors. It's very simple to clean all of that up and make sure things are going dormant.

The key to clean it up and make it look great and filled is to make sure how the game is loading zones and how those zones are built. Skyrim did this by literally placing the same terrain and fauna thorugh out the entire game only adjusting and tweaking here. It created the illusion of being in a different area. Also skyrim only loads a certain amount of the map which is active around the player not the entire map. Parts of it go dormant with no background calculations at all for those parts of the map. Majority of open world games learn to do this.

Timing is also key open world games take more time in the day to play so changing the time sequences to a bit longer so players feel they're able to experience more is key. I think calendar options should be present too. Traditional sims calendar or a more realistic one with adjustable aging. Again having a town that's small and loading into then creating what is traveling area may be what's best for sims. I think this also could create some new type of play and careers for players. Than they can drive, explore, build, travel, etc. This is one concept of how they could do the open world. Literally saying it's too complicated when it's not, it's more of are they going to invest the time in their product that seems to be the issue. If they're comfortable with publishing work as complete that only had 1.5 year development time than Work that requires 5 to 6 years they aren't going to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Who exactly is not letting you live with your opinion? I'd like to know, really. Is someone forcing you to stay on this thread to the point you'd resort to gif spamming off-topic bashing?

How is putting ONE gif spaming? Really I would like to know. Second I'm not being forced I don't have the right to say my opinion now? And I'm simply answering your comments, you are ranting and commenting about my comments which I feel the need to defend. I gave my opinion, you were the one who replied by making a huge point on how open worlds are better, and how "wise" I am by not caring about how the closed worlds work on the sims.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

How is putting ONE gif spaming? Really I would like to know. Second I'm not being forced I don't have the right to say my opinion now? And I'm simply answering your comments, you are asking and commenting about my comments which I feel the need to defend. I gave my opinion, you were the one who replied by making a huge point on how open worlds are better, and how "wise" I am by not caring about how the closed worlds work on the sims.

You placed two and all it takes is one. It's okay for people to place gif spam calling other sheep? NO. Than it's not okay for you to come here placing gif spam calling people haters. it's rude and it's off topic and only purpose for it is to derail the discussion into bickering because you don't like the topic at hand. Rather than participate in the discussion with an opposing view point. Why do you think your behavior is okay in the first place. Just because you like the sims 4 doesn't give you the right to break the forum rules. You popped into this thread than the very least you could do is actually participate in the discussion, not gif spam it.
  • Options

How is putting ONE gif spaming? Really I would like to know. Second I'm not being forced I don't have the right to say my opinion now? And I'm simply answering your comments, you are asking and commenting about my comments which I feel the need to defend. I gave my opinion, you were the one who replied by making a huge point on how open worlds are better, and how "wise" I am by not caring about how the closed worlds work on the sims.
    One gif...Alright. After the entire "I don't know why I even bother I'm leaving" you show up to post one gif with the sole purpose of bashing, then proceed to use another gif to bash another member. That falls into breaking more than just one forum rule.

My point still stands, and as I do not want to derail the thread further, break a rule nor risk the status of the thread, I'll do what some seem to find so hard to do; not reply to pointless arguments.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »

You placed two and all it takes is one. It's okay for people to place gif spam calling other sheep? NO. Than it's not okay for you to come here placing gif spam calling people haters. it's rude and it's off topic and only purpose for it is to derail the discussion into bickering because you don't like the topic at hand. Rather than participate in the discussion with an opposing view point. Why do you think your behavior is okay in the first place. Just because you like the sims 4 doesn't give you the right to break the forum rules. You popped into this thread than the very least you could do is actually participate in the discussion, not gif spam it.

And again, it was only one gif and one image, I did not spam more than one gif -.- Second like I said I posted the pic for everyone to see didn't called anyone hater like I already said, in my country, "se a carapuça serviu..." And I did participate on the duscussion by giving my opinion, I don't agree with it, so to participate on a discussion now you have to say the same opinion as others do? Is that it?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

One gif...Alright. After the entire "I don't know why I even bother I'm leaving" you show up to post one gif with the sole purpose of bashing, then proceed to use another gif to bash another member. That falls into breaking more than just one forum rule.

My point still stands, and as I do not want to derail the thread further, break a rule nor risk the status of the thread, I'll do what some seem to find so hard to do; not reply to pointless arguments.

And I did leave, last nigh,t I had to lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

And again, it was only one gif and one image, I did not spam more than one gif -.- Second like I said I posted the pic for everyone to see didn't called anyone hater like I already said, in my country, "se a carapuça serviu..." And I did participate on the duscussion by giving my opinion, I don't agree with it, so to participate on a discussion now you have to say the same opinion as others do? Is that it?

Even one is not wanted here it's not right, it's wrong to do. Your feeding into the constant hostility this forum has. One is one too many, you should change it, no one wants to see it but you. Why would anyone in a discussion thread about a game they dislike want to see a gif about haters going to hate. So please save that sorry excuse for someone else who believes it. You posted it to cause trouble. If you didn't, than prove me wrong and get rid of it.

You are on the american forums but i'll enlighten you when you come here you use proper etiquette in this forum. You have no right to sit there and claim if the shoe fits wear it and act like you're in the right to say. Apply that saying to yourself because your about the only person i see spreading hate in this thread. The people here are customers of this franchise that dislike a product. I get so sick of people using street slang and have no clue how to use it or what it means and just look utterly ridiculous doing so. One the slang term Hater was tarted for people who are jealous of another and there for would do things out of hate and spite to those people. No one in this thread is jealous of another person or doing things to the other out of hate or spite except you. No you people took this hater crap and made it so lame and so misunderstood. The term hater is not for people that hate something how foolish and yet hilarious that you would even try to twist it to apply to this situation. Customers jealous of a product, no they're issuing a complaint against a product they find faulty so get your mind right as they so say in slang. Still, Haters going to hate is not an opinion it's bashing the users of this forum which again is flamebaiting. I've already reported anyway. Like hollowvoid im not going to sit here and say anymore of it. Up to you to remove it or not i'll let the mods deal with it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Even one is not wanted here it's not right, it's wrong to do. Your feeding into the constant hostility this forum has. One is one too many, you should change it, no one wants to see it but you. Why would anyone in a discussion thread about a game they dislike want to see a gif about haters going to hate. So please save that sorry excuse for someone else who believes it. You posted it to cause trouble. If you didn't, than prove me wrong and get rid of it.

You are on the american forums but i'll enlighten you when you come here you use proper etiquette in this forum. You have no right to sit there and claim if the shoe fits wear it and act like you're in the right to say. Apply that saying to yourself because your about the only person i see spreading hate in this thread. The people here are customers of this franchise that dislike a product. I get so sick of people using street slang and have no clue how to use it or what it means and just look utterly ridiculous doing so. One the slang term Hater was tarted for people who are jealous of another and there for would do things out of hate and spite to those people. No one in this thread is jealous of another person or doing things to the other out of hate or spite except you. No you people took this hater crap and made it so lame and so misunderstood. The term hater is not for people that hate something how foolish and yet hilarious that you would even try to twist it to apply to this situation. Customers jealous of a product, no they're issuing a complaint against a product they find faulty so get your mind right as they so say in slang. Still, Haters going to hate is not an opinion it's bashing the users of this forum which again is flamebaiting. I've already reported anyway. Like hollowvoid im not going to sit here and say anymore of it. Up to you to remove it or not i'll let the mods deal with it.

Let me be clear here, first, this is indeed the american forum yes, does that mean I don't have the right to be here? I posted in my own language because I don't know if there is an expression with a similar meaning in English -.-

Also the pic is directed to people but it's not hate against others but hate against the game itself, I didn't called anyone anything, I don't wan't people to fight each other, I just want them to think if what they have against the game is just hate or something actually reasonable for them not to like it I'm not saying everyone is here just hating on the game I know some people don't like it and have actual reasons and they do have the right to complain about it, they do, speacially the ones who actually bought it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Back on topic, Whether you bought the game or not i don't thin the sims franchise should die. I'm not confident either the market can produce a life simulator like sims. Not that we've had any attempts anyway at the complete game. i know simcity has had attempts at the city builder and really Cities Skyline is looking more and more awesome.

However, someone tackling a godlike game not to sure. At the same time if dev's are going to keep trying to target a different genre with this game might as well throw it to someone else. I'm still trying to fathom why work for a simulation gaming company and not like making simulation game. Cause clearly Ea does not like the sims franchise, first they try to rpg it up now they're trying to mobile/tablet everything. You don't like pc gaming EA. I just don't get this, how could they not understand why so many people don't like the game and are rejecting it. Even people who have bought it many are disappointed with it.

If you love the genre you make good products for it, that love will be in your work. If you don't like pc gaming, don't like simulation godlike games, don't like dollhouses why are you even developing for it than?
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

Good luck reporting "rudeness". It happens all the time in almost every thread, positive or negative. When there is a positive thread where the OP has requested the thread be for people who like the game to discuss it, people who are disappointed with or dislike the game have to come crashing in ignoring the OP's request, trying to turn the thread into a thread about what's wrong with the game. So now you see, when there are negative threads like this one, is it any wonder that people who are tired of hearing about how people dislike the game (or want it to die) come post in these threads?

I don't understand why people who have given up on Sims 4 (not those hoping for change but those who have actually given up hope for change in this game) still post in the Sims 4 forums, why not post in the Sims 3 section about what you liked about Sims 3? If you don't think EA will make the changes, what's the difference? If you are hoping that EA will make a Sims 5 but have given up on Sims 4, there's always the Ideas section in the Sims 4 forum, for future game ideas. Besides, they have to wait to develop Sims 5 because the computers 5 years from now will be different from the computers they make today. Who knows if desktop computers will even still be around 5 years from now or what kind of graphics cards the computers then will have? To code the game they will need to know about graphics card capabilities and CPU capabilities of the computers of the time first.

I have a laptop with integrated graphics (like most laptops) and Sims 4 takes much shorter of a time to initially load the game. It isn't an old computer, and it runs Windows 7. Laptops are the trend of the future, as are tablets. If you are missing toddlers, perhaps you should try Sims Freeplay on a tablet. It has toddlers, cars, and no loading screens. You can even go on a drive around the neighborhood with your Sim, but you can't see them drive from home to work. They still haven't put hot tubs in to Freeplay, but there are pets and horses and an area with a ski lift and ice rink, and restaurants. And the whole thing is free to download, but you'll end up spending money on the game in numerous microtransactions for things like simoleons (no simoleon cheat), life points (lets you skip quests and max out your sims needs and buy special items), and social points (lets you buy a venue and special items). You also have to play almost daily to keep your sims needs up since Sims Freeplay is in real time. And you can even visit your friends neighborhoods and Sims, and get daily simoleons for having a certain number of neighbors, in addition to your normal daily Simoleon bonus that you got for playing that day. Too bad there is no such thing as "free will" in the Sims Freeplay, you have to instruct your sims to do every little thing, except handstands (they naturally do those when their needs are high when they are idle).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    We are discussing an interesting point here: in The Sims 2, the dream of all simmers was: have an open world with endless possibilities. The Sims 3 arrives and BAMMM! Open world where we could walk through without loading screens (yes, the main loading screen takes 10 or 15 minutes, but worth it). Not to mention the Story Progression, where we could focus on in a family, while the other families keep living their lives without the player's command (i never had problems with it, but the NRaas Story Progression is very good). The open world was billed as the principal feature of The Sims 3 (you can see it in the TS3 game trailers). Of course had its problems, but this is due to the bad coding and constant routing issues. But the truth is that The Sims 4 doesn't have an open world because of "The Sims Olympus". Each lot would be like a virtual chat room (I hate that idea. The Sims is an OFFLINE game), but with the "failure" of SimCity 5 in 2013, they changed the whole idea in less than one year. And the end of the story, you already know... :p
  • Options
    About the "haters gonna hate" thing, we should have respect for each other. We have different opinions, that's all. We live in a democracy, right? Unless you live in the North Korea. :p We should not say to others what we wouldn't want to hear. And please, avoid the off topic. :)
  • Options
    We are discussing an interesting point here: in The Sims 2, the dream of all simmers was: have an open world with endless possibilities. The Sims 3 arrives and BAMMM! Open world where we could walk through without loading screens (yes, the main loading screen takes 10 or 15 minutes, but worth it). Not to mention the Story Progression, where we could focus on in a family, while the other families keep living their lives without the player's command (i never had problems with it, but the NRaas Story Progression is very good). The open world was billed as the principal feature of The Sims 3 (you can see it in the TS3 game trailers). Of course had its problems, but this is due to the bad coding and constant routing issues. But the truth is that The Sims 4 doesn't have an open world because of "The Sims Olympus". Each lot would be like a virtual chat room (I hate that idea. The Sims is an OFFLINE game), but with the "failure" of SimCity 5 in 2013, they changed the whole idea in less than one year. And the end of the story, you already know... :p

I'd rather have loading screens between lots (even though they are a slight annoyance at about 30 seconds each) than virtual chat rooms in every lot. If the forums here are bad, consider how much worse those chat rooms could get: like anything online, there would be trolls. By the way, EA did fix Simcity 5 so that a single player mode is now available and working (well mostly working, it doesn't generate computer neighbor cities for you in single player mode so you get stuck with no neighboring cities). I think the single player mode is even available offfline. Too bad it took them so long. (I waited until single player mode was available before getting Simcity 5.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I'd rather have loading screens between lots (even though they are a slight annoyance at about 30 seconds each) than virtual chat rooms in every lot. If the forums here are bad, consider how much worse those chat rooms could get: like anything online, there would be trolls. By the way, EA did fix Simcity 5 so that a single player mode is now available and working (well mostly working, it doesn't generate computer neighbor cities for you in single player mode so you get stuck with no neighboring cities). I think the single player mode is even available offfline. Too bad it took them so long. (I waited until single player mode was available before getting Simcity 5.)

But the reason to buy new games like the SC as a single player game would be to have all the features included that are available for the online players. It would have been a much better game if they had created it where the computer generates another city for the single player. I think people would have enjoyed that kind of city builder. But the way it is one side feels they got the shaft, if they don't play online. EA just really doesn't listen unless they have to listen. They have their visions of what they want to build and to play themselves, lol. How is all that working out for them as far as the Maxis division is concerned? Maxis needs to do a reality check, yes, they are profitable but not as much as they could be, if they would quit trying to please themselves and listen to their fan bases.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Open world in Sims series IMHO is superior to a closed world, you start to feel disconnected waiting for a screen to load and with so much cut from Sims 4 it is just as bad. I feel limited and sure you got emotions Whoop Whoop itty doo I guess that makes it a game. Even if it is a base game It is a game that does not have that pizazz that makes you never want to stop playing. I feel even with the EPs and GPs you still have limits again due to what was cut out. I played it less than 80 hours and now do not even open it no more. Glad it did not make the list for GOTY or worth mentioning.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Open world in Sims series IMHO is superior to a closed world, you start to feel disconnected waiting for a screen to load and with so much cut from Sims 4 it is just as bad. I feel limited and sure you got emotions Whoop Whoop itty doo I guess that makes it a game. Even if it is a base game It is a game that does not have that pizazz that makes you never want to stop playing. I feel even with the EPs and GPs you still have limits again due to what was cut out. I played it less than 80 hours and now do not even open it no more. Glad it did not make the list for GOTY or worth mentioning.

Sims 4 is not Sims 3. I have played my game 67 hours and am still not tired of it. I do however, tend to play it like a casual game, only up to 4 hours at a time. It doesn't have enough content *yet* for me to want to play it much longer than that unless I am focusing on skilling up my Sims, working on their aspirations or getting them promoted at work (yes, there are some bugs in the promotion system that I believe EA will fix, hopefully with the next patch). Once I get enough CC objects in my game, building and furnishing lots will be something I would like to focus on, once there is a neighborhood with empty lots left to build on. These won't be for the gallery however due to the CC. I am not a "family player", I don't generally do legacies. In fact, I usually turn off aging in my game. I am still exploring the possibilities with the emotions system (just recently had a sim make Flaming Spaghetti- the animations while eating it are hilarious), and differences in Sims with different Sims 4 traits.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yes, loading screens keep breaking up the visuals, what we see, there is no ahead or drive off. Just a loading screen, a really awfully blinding loading screen. At least in Sims 2 you did see them drive off and on to a lot, that went a long way with the visuals, at least to me. Why having a carpool will be too hard for the team or their favorite excuse, on lower end machines?

Sorry but after speaking to people that know about the industry and other programmers, I don't believe anything EAxis say anymore. I'd have more respect if the truth was told other than these thrown out excuses and that is what bothers me more than the empty, bug filled Sims 4. So to combat that bother, I throw a hand up and say "pfft"! #RollEyes
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Sims 4 is not Sims 3. I have played my game 67 hours and am still not tired of it. I do however, tend to play it like a casual game, only up to 4 hours at a time. It doesn't have enough content *yet* for me to want to play it much longer than that unless I am focusing on skilling up my Sims, working on their aspirations or getting them promoted at work (yes, there are some bugs in the promotion system that I believe EA will fix, hopefully with the next patch). Once I get enough CC objects in my game, building and furnishing lots will be something I would like to focus on, once there is a neighborhood with empty lots left to build on. These won't be for the gallery however due to the CC. I am not a "family player", I don't generally do legacies. In fact, I usually turn off aging in my game. I am still exploring the possibilities with the emotions system (just recently had a sim make Flaming Spaghetti- the animations while eating it are hilarious), and differences in Sims with different Sims 4 traits.

Did you feel the same way about 'The Sims', The Sims 2, and or The Sims 3? I'm just curious why those who say they really love it and or like it a whole bunch, find it lacking, but has potential. I'm really wondering did you not want to get out of bed and get to your PC as fast as you could with the other games either? I did, I had a hard time making myself cut off the PC and go on to work sometimes in the earlier games. lol I have even stayed up way past my bedtime, (and I'm an adult) way up into the wee hours because I wanted to play the other base games. This one just doesn't have that zing that keeps a player that involved, and comparing it to the other bases, then one has to ask, why not? What content are we talking about? I don't think we are talking about 'objects' lol, but the gameplay itself is very redundant, repeats itself, and not very challenging because of again, no failure in the game and things like slot popping. As far as a life simulator have you wondered why you don't play it for ten, twelve hours? I would guess it has nothing to do with object missing from the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Yes, loading screens keep breaking up the visuals, what we see, there is no ahead or drive off. Just a loading screen, a really awfully blinding loading screen. At least in Sims 2 you did see them drive off and on to a lot, that went a long way with the visuals, at least to me. Why having a carpool will be too hard for the team or their favorite excuse, on lower end machines?

Sorry but after speaking to people that know about the industry and other programmers, I don't believe anything EAxis say anymore. I'd have more respect if the truth was told other than these thrown out excuses and that is what bothers me more than the empty, bug filled Sims 4. So to combat that bother, I throw a hand up and say "pfft"! #RollEyes

I am hoping they will add the drive on/off lot feature once they add cars to the game. Cars were not in the base game of Sims 2. The loading screen could use improvement - perhaps they could let us use our own videos instead of just the green diamond with the white background for a change. However, the loading screen may be a compromise for allowing Sims to visit other neighborhoods without moving there.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top