Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    This is just a bit of venting, but reading this thread. There's people claiming to be lovers of the sims franchise. Yet they are also here saying the game and EA should pretty much die. Honestly, if Sims 4 fails, we can all kiss the sims franchise goodbye for good. Because there really wont be a number 5. EA is a company, and if a product they put out, fails, what motivation would they have to make any further ones?

Sims 1 has stopped being developed and supported. It's website is gone. Sims 2 had the ultimate collection released, and it's website is gone. It no longer is going to be supported. Sims 3 will be facing the same fate soon enough. It no longer is going to be getting any expansions. It has already had the final store content released. And then we got the current child of EA, Sims 4. And should it fail, why would they continue supporting a failed game? Why would they make a 5? Wishing 4 to fail and die, will just kill the franchise altogether.

Bottom line. If folks get their wish and Sims 4 ends up dying with no expansions, then I will just go back to Sims 2. I will adjust to it's downgraded play style. But I still consider it way better than it's "sequal" the sims 3. But I honestly don't want Sims 4 to fail. I'd like to instead, nudge EA into adding missing features like toddlers and such. But open world and CAST? I'd rather those stayed gone from Sims 4.

The Sims Medieval failed. EA didn't close up shop & stop making Sims games.

I seriously doubt that if this game fails they'll stop making them, either. They'll move along to their next vision of a Sims game. I only hope that they take to heart the aspects of all the sims versions that were both praised & panned in the development of the next incarnation.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    This is just a bit of venting, but reading this thread. There's people claiming to be lovers of the sims franchise. Yet they are also here saying the game and EA should pretty much die. Honestly, if Sims 4 fails, we can all kiss the sims franchise goodbye for good. Because there really wont be a number 5. EA is a company, and if a product they put out, fails, what motivation would they have to make any further ones?

Sims 1 has stopped being developed and supported. It's website is gone. Sims 2 had the ultimate collection released, and it's website is gone. It no longer is going to be supported. Sims 3 will be facing the same fate soon enough. It no longer is going to be getting any expansions. It has already had the final store content released. And then we got the current child of EA, Sims 4. And should it fail, why would they continue supporting a failed game? Why would they make a 5? Wishing 4 to fail and die, will just kill the franchise altogether.

Bottom line. If folks get their wish and Sims 4 ends up dying with no expansions, then I will just go back to Sims 2. I will adjust to it's downgraded play style. But I still consider it way better than it's "sequal" the sims 3. But I honestly don't want Sims 4 to fail. I'd like to instead, nudge EA into adding missing features like toddlers and such. But open world and CAST? I'd rather those stayed gone from Sims 4.
    I know this point is hard to understand. What if something you love gets dumbed down beyond acceptance for you? Would you rather adapt to it or would you try to change things for the better?
    Then later when you realize it will not change wouldn't you also give up and hope for something better in the future?
    And what if you realize this hope will not be fulfilled? Wouldn't you also turn your back on it and rather live without it than to sacrifice your own dignity by adapting to something you don't like in your heart? Wouldn't that make you a sheep?
    EA doesn't deserve to get any money for TS4 from me, that's for sure and when this means the Sims franchise will die altogether then so be it. I know I can still look in the mirror when it's over.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    ArchD, No they did not countersue - they settled with EA and pulled the game off of facebook. Yes some copyrights do - but not when there is a patent as the original creator of certain aspects of the game. You have to remember all patents exist for a set amount of years - and in this case I was told it is 75 years. Which means it has been upped since I studied patent laws, as I assumed it was 50 years and got told differently. Also I studied Copyright and patent laws as part of my Writers Courses (some years ago) and there are a few variations in the laws that differ between written material as I write, movies, and electronic games that all fall under a certain group of laws. I just know a patent makes even a bigger impact.

In the news, in pc mag, in Games Mag, on the net - and then of course most of these things I also google. Search - don't take my word for it. If i can so can you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

I seriously doubt that if this game fails they'll stop making them, either. They'll move along to their next vision of a Sims game. I only hope that they take to heart the aspects of all the sims versions that were both praised & panned in the development of the next incarnation.

I loved tsm because it was a side game, relaxing, funny, etc - sort of like the sims stories series. It was a different take... unlike ts4, which is meant to be the next in the sims series. Tsm has way more to explore and do, more of an open world, and has the option to turn off linear gameplay... just sayin.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    ArchD, No they did not countersue - they settled with EA and pulled the game off of facebook. Yes some copyrights do - but not when there is a patent as the original creator of certain aspects of the game. You have to remember all patents exist for a set amount of years - and in this case I was told it is 75 years. Which means it has been upped since I studied patent laws, as I assumed it was 50 years and got told differently. Also I studied Copyright and patent laws as part of my Writers Courses (some years ago) and there are a few variations in the laws that differ between written material as I write, movies, and electronic games that all fall under a certain group of laws. I just know a patent makes even a bigger impact.

In the news, in pc mag, in Games Mag, on the net - and then of course most of these things I also google. Search - don't take my word for it. If i can so can you.

Proof that Zynga countersued EA. Did you read the other articles I linked to?
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member

I agree and sympathize with your venting. It does get tiring to see the fighting that goes on in this forum. If you wanted to just stop looking at all these threads, I wouldn't blame you at all. There's only so much strife one is willing to see before the brain just shuts it all out.

I do disagree, though, that the failure of Sims 4 would lead to the demise of the sims franchise. First of all, I don't think that it'll fail in the first place, no matter how much a small group of people wishes it would. Sure, TS4 has failed to me personally, but it's nowhere near failure in a general sense. As long as EA is still making profit, they're just going to keep working, even if it's not the level of profit the previous games made (and even that we're unsure about, since we don't have the exact numbers). I'm pretty sure they're already working on at least a couple of EPs, so it would make no sense for them to just scrap all of it simply because a few people wish they would stop.

Even if Sims 4 did fail, EA will probably just rebuild and start over with a new sims game, because they're not hurting for cash. They can probably afford to just fire everyone and hire new people if it comes down to that (though I doubt it'd have to be that drastic). Clearly there's still a market for these games, and like Written_Reg said, they've been fighting tooth and nail to make sure they have a monopoly on it. They're not going to just walk away from it now.

So keep nudging, man. Don't let it get to you. And hey, having TS2 to fall back on isn't too shabby :)
  • Options

I loved tsm because it was a side game, relaxing, funny, etc - sort of like the sims stories series. It was a different take... unlike ts4, which is meant to be the next in the sims series. Tsm has way more to explore and do, more of an open world, and has the option to turn off linear gameplay... just sayin.

I played TSM & didn't like it. :) In fact, TS4 reminds me more of TSM than it does the first 3 sims games.

My point was that game companies have products that succeed & fail. They have several irons in the fire at the same time, which keeps them running when they have a failure & gives them breathing room to improve on a concept/develop a new one.

So saying the series is doomed if this one game fails, just doesn't seem logical to me.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015

Well those are some stand alone games and Sims has had a good number of such games, but would never be the cause of EA tossing in the towel on the Sims itself. It would have been different if those games had been actually connected to us being able to use those in connection with the actual Sims games.

Actually each one they have had has not done too shabby anyway, but most were not expected to have tons of ep or anything else like the main games do. Even though i played all 4 of the series I have never once played or bought any of the side shoot stand alone games. But no matter how well any of them did or didn't do, they would never affect EA making the sims series. These series have to have failure first for that to happen.

But none of that is neither here or there - I would just be happy if they fixed the sims 4. When I want the other things in other series I play them. But a missing lifestage and infants that poof into full blown children is just too much to get past. I have been playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 since before Thanksgiving as I am really lost with out the toddlers - as I actually enjoyed playing them. So that is my own main complaint - oh and family trees as well. Those are my 2 must haves. i can take everything else especially with the updates with a grain of salt - just can't seem to get past those two things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Even if Sims 4 did fail, EA will probably just rebuild and start over with a new sims game

As the think they have the patent on any life simulation game like the Sims and have a lock on the genre, it would only make sense that they would continue the series. One of the only reasons I still come here is the hope that EA may look at what a lot of the sandbox players wanted and did not get and keep those wants in mind when TS5 starts development.

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

I played TSM & didn't like it. :) In fact, TS4 reminds me more of TSM than it does the first 3 sims games.

My point was that game companies have products that succeed & fail. They have several irons in the fire at the same time, which keeps them running when they have a failure & gives them breathing room to improve on a concept/develop a new one.

So saying the series is doomed if this one game fails, just doesn't seem logical to me.

Yeah totally!! And ts4 *is* a lot like tsm lol, I think it was the theme that appealed to me. Because there was a theme and a reason for the structure, that gave it a purpose I guess. I dunno. But it seems like with how bad tsm was, that should have given them a hint, right?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah totally!! And ts4 *is* a lot like tsm lol, I think it was the theme that appealed to me. Because there was a theme and a reason for the structure, that gave it a purpose I guess. I dunno. But it seems like with how bad tsm was, that should have given them a hint, right?

The theme is why I bought it. :) Until TS4 came out I thought they had taken the hint.

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2015

I did not purchase TSM as after it was released I had read up on it and it sounded to structured. In fact I found that a lot of the complaints I had read were due to the fact that it was "not like a sim" game. The game play was not built in a life simulation style and a lot of people found this disappointing. You would think after that EA would have realized what their customer base was looking for in a SIMS game? Guess not. Their "vision" for TS4 was what they wanted not what the base wanted.

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    They are up to 1.5 another place another simmer said but again that is only disk versions - no digital and it is only for the pc. Sims 3 had Macs as well as other consoles and such. Try checking for just pc - no Macs and no consoles.

The PC and Mac were in the same package. So it would be 1 sale. And the number of Macs is a lot smaller than PC, so no matter which way you look at it, there is NO way Sims4 is even close. And consoles didn't release until 4 months after pc/mac release.

So actually looks to me as if Sims 4 is doing much better than Sims 3 seeing just their disk version has caught up to Sims 3.

No that is incorrect. Sims3 sold 1.4 million in the first week, Sims4 sold 1.4 million in the first 3 months. Not even close.

The Sims3 was first released on June 2, 2009 simultaneously for OS X and Microsoft Windows – both versions on the same disc.

The Sims 3 was released to game consoles and smartphones on October 26, 2010...

The Sims 3 was a commercial success, selling 1.4 million copies in its first week

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3 ]

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    cale2003 wrote: »
    NOTE:
    The Let it Go GIF was refering to the thread title! NOT for people to let it go and move on from the thread!

Don't worry @cale2003 - I think that's blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain. Especially considering you even said in the same post the thread's title reminds you of the song.

Some people will jump on anything.
    You do realise you're directly insulting people in this very thread right now?

It would appear you dont know the meaning of the term "directly".
    di·rect·ly (dĭ-rĕkt′lē, dī-)
    adv.
    1. In a direct line or manner; straight: The road runs directly north.
    2. Without anyone or anything intervening: directly responsible.
    3. Exactly or totally: directly opposite.
    4. At once; instantly: Leave directly.
    5. Candidly; frankly: answered very directly.
    6. Chiefly Southern US In a little while; shortly: He'll be coming directly.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well TSM wasn't a Main Sims Game thats why i really didn't bother buying it.
    The only side Sims Game i own is My Sims and My Sims Kingdom, just because i like playing Adventure Games for the Wii.
    I aslo find TSM shouldn't be compared with the Sims Main Games, but if they really failed hard well i ask me did they really listen to their fans ?
    Well i doubt that once again.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Well TSM wasn't a Main Sims Game thats why i really didn't bother buying it.
    The only side Sims Game i own is My Sims and My Sims Kingdom, just because i like playing Adventure Games for the Wii.
    I aslo find TSM shouldn't be compared with the Sims Main Games, but if they really failed hard well i ask me did they really listen to their fans ?
    Well i doubt that once again.

If I remember correctly the TS3 forums had frequent requests for Medieval content.....not a stand alone linear game. So you're right....it's not what was being asked for. I guess it was another "if they are asking for this they ought to love this instead!" kind of thinking.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

You'll go back to 2, others will stick to 3 (because however hard it will be for you to understand and accept, a lot of people do consider Sims 3 at least as good, just different and yes, a sequel with its open world, time continuation, story progression and CASt). If they won't make a 5 and retreat from the life simulation business, then who knows there will be room for other companies to develop a new one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    1.3 million sales profit doesn't mean that the game is going to fail or die or whatever. The franchise is still very profitable. Once the GP sells, there will be additional profit. There is still free and paid content on their way, so that is good news. It's going to be nicer when the ATSG returns as well next week. I'm just really missing having my family play style in the game, so I'm enjoying TS2 right now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »

I know this point is hard to understand. What if something you love gets dumbed down beyond acceptance for you? Would you rather adapt to it or would you try to change things for the better?
    Then later when you realize it will not change wouldn't you also give up and hope for something better in the future?
    And what if you realize this hope will not be fulfilled? Wouldn't you also turn your back on it and rather live without it than to sacrifice your own dignity by adapting to something you don't like in your heart? Wouldn't that make you a sheep?
    EA doesn't deserve to get any money for TS4 from me, that's for sure and when this means the Sims franchise will die altogether then so be it. I know I can still look in the mirror when it's over.

Honestly I already went through something like that. World of Warcraft. Was a great game, then Activision took over. I stuck through cataclysm, but disliked how every zone was nothing but easter egg ripoffs of movies, tv series or whatever else. Mists of Pandaria had introduced a feature that broke tons of stuff and once their lead developer had said anyone who disliked that feature for any reason, just wants a single player game and should go play skyrim instead", I didn't stick around to rant, rave and wish the game to die. Instead, I canceled my account, stopped posting on their official forums, and uninstalled every blizzard game I own from my computer. That was all the way back in 2013.

If a game gets ruined because of the developers, I don't harp on and on about the game. I just quietly leave, and never look back. I play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn now. And for me, Sims 3 became a big disappointment because of how dumbed down it got. Sims with no personality, witches that no longer had good, neutral or bad paths to follow, werewolves that were just dogs that worked for alchemists who happened to be witches. Sims 2 while it had a risk of the world being corrupted, still had better features than sims 3. I see a lot of Sims 2's influence in Sims 4. I do love the game. And I don't want it to die. And touching on sims medieval, that came out after Sims 3. It failed. Sims 4 is their second attempt at making a new sims title. If they get burned with Sims 4, I really don't see them ever making a Sims 5. And why should they? People are judging a base game off of the game before it. In this case, people who loved sims 3, are often the ones attacking sims 4. Yet sims 2 players like myself, are finding the game enjoyable. It needs expanded upon yes. Bugs that came with this patch need fixed, yes.

But for the most part, Sims 4 will never be Sims 3. It will never have open world. I am fine with that. In fact, I prefer it the way they have it. Open world sims 3 for me, venues and parks were always ghost towns with maybe if I am lucky, 1 other sim hanging out or passing through it. But here in sims 4, no major open world, just semi-open neighborhood and we got people walking through the neighborhood, joggers, people hanging out. It feels like Sims 2 on steroids in terms of non-played sims being around. The game does not need to die. Nor does it need to change into sims 3. It just needs certain missing elements added. What are them elements:
    • Toddlers
    • Dishwashers
    • Cars
    • Downtown
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • Supernaturals
    • Apartments
    • Open for Business
    • Vacations (Like Bon Voyage and World Adventures)
    • Free Time
    • Ambitions
    • Showtime
    • Stuff Packs
    That's the stuff it needs. It doesn't need open world. Open world was a major failed experiement that did not work for the majority of people who played it. It doesn't need CASt, because that thing was buggy as all heck, and bogged the game down with custom styles. Instead, they should add more color options to the designs. A color wheel would be fine. But CASt, no. All the listed stuff, can be added over time. But by itself, the game is solid. It has a twins bug right now, but beyond that, I've not experienced other bugs myself. And some folks who said they experienced bugs admitted when they removed a mod, the bug had disappeared.

I consider myself a fan of the sims series. Sims 3 I did enjoy some, but mostly because of the friendly community. But in the end, the game I had the most fun with, was Sims 2, even with its load screens, and inability to customize clothing and the sims looks themselves. It had some really great stuff. Sims 3, I feel was the black sheep of the series. It strived for realism from the sims cartoony nature. It honestly, should not of really been called sims 3. A better term would of been The Sims Modern or something on the level of sims medieval. Sims 4 I feel, is the proper sequal to Sims 2. And I can see a great future for it. And I will not wish it to die, or the series to die.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    #letitdie
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »

I agree and sympathize with your venting. It does get tiring to see the fighting that goes on in this forum. If you wanted to just stop looking at all these threads, I wouldn't blame you at all. There's only so much strife one is willing to see before the brain just shuts it all out.

I do disagree, though, that the failure of Sims 4 would lead to the demise of the sims franchise. First of all, I don't think that it'll fail in the first place, no matter how much a small group of people wishes it would. Sure, TS4 has failed to me personally, but it's nowhere near failure in a general sense. As long as EA is still making profit, they're just going to keep working, even if it's not the level of profit the previous games made (and even that we're unsure about, since we don't have the exact numbers). I'm pretty sure they're already working on at least a couple of EPs, so it would make no sense for them to just scrap all of it simply because a few people wish they would stop.

Even if Sims 4 did fail, EA will probably just rebuild and start over with a new sims game, because they're not hurting for cash. They can probably afford to just fire everyone and hire new people if it comes down to that (though I doubt it'd have to be that drastic). Clearly there's still a market for these games, and like Written_Reg said, they've been fighting tooth and nail to make sure they have a monopoly on it. They're not going to just walk away from it now.

So keep nudging, man. Don't let it get to you. And hey, having TS2 to fall back on isn't too shabby :)

Yeah I agree. Sims 4 wont fail. According to that site that was linked, sims 3 sold 1.4 million in it's first couple months and Sims 4 has sold 1.3 million physical copies in its first couple months. That's only 100,000 off from Sims 3, and not too shabby at all. I definitely feel that Sims 4 is doing well, and yeah you are right, my brain is near the point where it's ready to shut all the strife out. I will keep nudging :)
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,506 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »

Honestly I already went through something like that. World of Warcraft. Was a great game, then Activision took over. I stuck through cataclysm, but disliked how every zone was nothing but easter egg ripoffs of movies, tv series or whatever else. Mists of Pandaria had introduced a feature that broke tons of stuff and once their lead developer had said anyone who disliked that feature for any reason, just wants a single player game and should go play skyrim instead", I didn't stick around to rant, rave and wish the game to die. Instead, I canceled my account, stopped posting on their official forums, and uninstalled every blizzard game I own from my computer. That was all the way back in 2013.

If a game gets ruined because of the developers, I don't harp on and on about the game. I just quietly leave, and never look back. I play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn now. And for me, Sims 3 became a big disappointment because of how dumbed down it got. Sims with no personality, witches that no longer had good, neutral or bad paths to follow, werewolves that were just dogs that worked for alchemists who happened to be witches. Sims 2 while it had a risk of the world being corrupted, still had better features than sims 3. I see a lot of Sims 2's influence in Sims 4. I do love the game. And I don't want it to die. And touching on sims medieval, that came out after Sims 3. It failed. Sims 4 is their second attempt at making a new sims title. If they get burned with Sims 4, I really don't see them ever making a Sims 5. And why should they? People are judging a base game off of the game before it. In this case, people who loved sims 3, are often the ones attacking sims 4. Yet sims 2 players like myself, are finding the game enjoyable. It needs expanded upon yes. Bugs that came with this patch need fixed, yes.

But for the most part, Sims 4 will never be Sims 3. It will never have open world. I am fine with that. In fact, I prefer it the way they have it. Open world sims 3 for me, venues and parks were always ghost towns with maybe if I am lucky, 1 other sim hanging out or passing through it. But here in sims 4, no major open world, just semi-open neighborhood and we got people walking through the neighborhood, joggers, people hanging out. It feels like Sims 2 on steroids in terms of non-played sims being around. The game does not need to die. Nor does it need to change into sims 3. It just needs certain missing elements added. What are them elements:
    • Toddlers
    • Dishwashers
    • Cars
    • Downtown
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • Supernaturals
    • Apartments
    • Open for Business
    • Vacations (Like Bon Voyage and World Adventures)
    • Free Time
    • Ambitions
    • Showtime
    • Stuff Packs
    That's the stuff it needs. It doesn't need open world. Open world was a major failed experiement that did not work for the majority of people who played it. It doesn't need CASt, because that thing was buggy as all heck, and bogged the game down with custom styles. Instead, they should add more color options to the designs. A color wheel would be fine. But CASt, no. All the listed stuff, can be added over time. But by itself, the game is solid. It has a twins bug right now, but beyond that, I've not experienced other bugs myself. And some folks who said they experienced bugs admitted when they removed a mod, the bug had disappeared.

I consider myself a fan of the sims series. Sims 3 I did enjoy some, but mostly because of the friendly community. But in the end, the game I had the most fun with, was Sims 2, even with its load screens, and inability to customize clothing and the sims looks themselves. It had some really great stuff. Sims 3, I feel was the black sheep of the series. It strived for realism from the sims cartoony nature. It honestly, should not of really been called sims 3. A better term would of been The Sims Modern or something on the level of sims medieval. Sims 4 I feel, is the proper sequal to Sims 2. And I can see a great future for it. And I will not wish it to die, or the series to die.

Don't forget hottubs.

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited January 2015

Yeah I agree. Sims 4 wont fail. According to that site that was linked, sims 3 sold 1.4 million in it's first couple months and Sims 4 has sold 1.3 million physical copies in its first couple months. That's only 100,000 off from Sims 3, and not too shabby at all. I definitely feel that Sims 4 is doing well, and yeah you are right, my brain is near the point where it's ready to shut all the strife out. I will keep nudging :)

I disagree, It will fail, and EA will get a big slap in the face and do better when the reboot happens within the next year or so. And Sims 3 sold over a million in the FIRST WEEK, Sims 4 has taken months and still hasn't surpassed that.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

sims 3 sold 1.4 in his FIRST WEEK not months, dont lie please, lies are terrible.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

Wrong. Sims 3 sold that many in its first week. Buying physical copies say a lot. There is too much dedication from the simmers to go out and buy the game. A lot of fans are actually happier buying that game instead of Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top