Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homes by #chris2fer03 ~*~ 104 Ellwood Lane~*~ 7/29/16

Comments

• Options
    Battyivy21Battyivy21 Posts: 311 Member
    Wow your house is great. I made the Griswold house too but yours is better. How did you get lights on the roof?
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hey Chris! Your Griswold Christmas Home is Fantastic! It looks just like the real deal. It's so funny too, cause we just watched the movie a couple of nights before I saw your build, lol! :p I could just picture Clark's face when the lights wouldn't work, hahaha. That movie is hysterical! Anyway, you really did a great job of recreating the movie home. And I really love the living room! So festive and pretty. :) I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    I loved your work.
    Midcentury Modern is great - it looks very realistic.
    Rustic Tudor - I really like the architecture and interriors
    Griswold Christmas House - Very cool Christmas idea!
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Thanks @masajo It is pretty bright at night, I appreciate the comment. :)

Thanks @Battyivy21 I'm sure your version is awesome!! :) I had to create walls within the roof, place the lights and delete the walls afterwards. A time consuming process because I had to adjust the height of each light but the end result made it all worth it. :)

Thanks @WrathofCath! I love that movie, so funny and a Christmas staple around my house. :) I'm stoked you think it looks like the real version. :smiley: I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas as well! :blush:<3

Thanks @Dels Realistic is what I usually go for when building, I greatly appreciate the comment, means I have achieved my goal. :smiley:
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Griswold Christmas House is wonderful.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    You have way more patience than I have. All those lights! :D Griswold house looks absolutely beautiful. Of course, I have to dare you now to set different colours on all the individual lights! ;)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Great Christmas build Chris2fer, a wonderful and creative idea with the lights. Merry Christmas :) Folly
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My latest build is a set of rowhouses, a request I received from a fellow simmer. :) There are four separate homes, each customized and fully furnished. With Christmas coming upon us I've decorated each with a different Christmas theme. Hope you guys enjoy! I have tested the lot with multiple saves/reloads and routing my sim all over the place using near every object and found no issues. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, suggestions and comments. :) Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Rowhouse Avenue
    #nocc #playtested #chris2fer03
    Click here to download.
    **Lot contains resized objects and/or objects placed by using MOO. It is best to place the lot in build mode on a 40x30 lot. :)

Rowhousejpg_zpsef5e2829.jpg
    12-21-14_8-33nbspPM_zps9d1dc2ae.png

Video of the snowflake strings twinkling, I was shocked as I didn't know they were animated! :smiley::smiley:
    th_Video-6_zpslxoitidh.mp4

Red Unit #201
    12-21-14_6-22nbspPM-3_zps57d2544f.png

Blue Unit #203
    12-21-14_6-24nbspPM-2_zps0086ed77.png

Brown Unit #205
    12-21-14_6-24nbspPM-7_zps23b7cf4c.png
    12-21-14_6-25nbspPM-2_zps228484ce.png

Tan Unit #207
    12-21-14_6-26nbspPM-2_zps38decc9b.png
    12-21-14_6-26nbspPM-3_zpsd183f60e.png
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Fantastic row houses Chris. They look amazing.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Love the way you've decorated each of them. :)
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Love your row houses Chris, and I simply adore the interiors! Fantastic work!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The design of Rowhouse Avenue is very nice! :) It is great that you have created four homes on the one lot, and that they are each furnished differently for Christmas. Very nice exteriors of the homes! It lloks very nice how you have used the roof trimming and placed the windows. The steps going up to the front doors of two of the homes looks very nice, and it looks nice how you have placed the snowmen at the front door to greet sims as they are about to enter the home. The different colours of the exterior walls of each of the homes looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the wreaths on the windows and gates. The hedge archway gates look very nice! The twinkling snowflakes video clip is pretty! It is great that you have a community pool area, and the hedge arch entrance to it looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of each of the homes! It looks nice how you have used a different colour scheme for each of them. Very nice sitting areas in each of them! The Christmas trees in each of them look festive and are very nice for sims to see when sitting there. The silver colour of the tree in the blue coloured home looks very nice with the blue colour of the walls, and the pink blossom is a nice touch there in the living room . It looks nice that you have placed menorahs on some of the fireplace ledges. Very nice sitting and chatting window alcove in the tan home! It looks nice how you have done the dining area there. The flowers on the dining table and fireplace ledge are very nice for sims to see when eating their meals. The red stone brickwork on the walls of the red unit looks nice. The wreath above the fireplace, the lights either side of it and the garland on the fireplace gives a very nice look to the fireplace section.
    It is a very nice build that has been designed very well! The four homes are very nice :)
  • Options
    Thanks @kamb1403 for your kind comments. :)

Thanks @sawdust! Thankfully the Griswold house wasn't multicolor, otherwise I would probably still be changing the colors. Haha! :p

Thanks @follyfoot, nice of you to stop by. :) I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! :blush:

Thanks @Tiki5872! It was time consuming trying to make sure each one was unique and appealing to various sim's tastes. Haha! I was worried I wouldn't complete them before Christmas and I would have to take the decorations down. :p

Thanks @rosemow, I appreciate your sweet review and noticing all of the details. :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wow! That was so fast!
    Rowhouse Avenue is very wonderful! :D
    I like the way you use different colors in each unit. I also like the layout too, very touching. Your landscaping part is very creative too. I like the use of plants, and even hedging. Great fountain by the way. And your interior, amazing! I like the use of traditional furnishing.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my favorites. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The rowhouses looks great Chris! I love how you have decorated with the holiday content! The pool and the interiors looks very inviting! Great job! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Rowhouse Avenue is a great project and really like how you've created unique colour schemes for each unit, fabulous interior design :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @RyeCris16 I'm glad you liked the color schemes, I really wanted to make sure the units weren't replicas of one another and they each had their own style. As always, nice of you to stop by and thanks for the fav! :)

Thanks @yanti68, I got the request last week so I wanted to get them built before Christmas so I could make use of the festive holiday content. :smiley: Now to wait on an apartment ep of some sort. Haha ;) Thanks for the fav and Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

Thanks @masajo for the compliment. :) It was quite a project compared to my normal sized builds with a central theme. I'm pleased to hear you like the interior design and color schemes, lets me know I've achieved my goal. :)

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! I hope to wrap up a few ongoing projects before the new year. :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Great work as always :) . I'm sad rowhouses and appartments still don't really 'work' in the sense of plopping down multiple families on one lot and assigning them their own corners. But it can still look pretty in a neighbourhood :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Chris, your Rowhouse Apartments are Gorgeous!! Fabulous MOOing! And I have to ask, How on earth did you get the garland on the front of the fireplace? I tried that and couldn't get it to work... It looks awesome!
    Each one of these homes is really beautiful. I can't pick a favorite, so I will just have to live in all of them, lol!
    Love the bedcurtains! How very Scrooge, lol! :p "In keeping with the situation" (from the Alastair Sim (huh! Such an appropriate name, lol), version. It's another Christmas staple in this house. We save that one to watch on Christmas Eve.
    I did not notice that the snowflakes twinkle! I'm going to go back to my last build and check that out.
    Happy holidays once more, to you and your family, Chris! o:)
  • Options
    Thanks @Cerrydd for such a nice comment. I'm with you, I would love to be able to assign families like we could in TS2 apartments EP. Until then it would be great for a legacy family. :)

Thanks @WrathofCath I love to MOO! Haha! :p The garland trick goes back to my Griswold house. I placed a wall in front of the fireplace, added garland and deleted the wall. The garland is technically backwards but I don't mind. :) Since the master was in the basement I thought it needed some flare. I didn't even think about Scrooge but you are right, very Scrooge like. Haha! When I was play testing the lot, I had changed the snowflakes on one of the homes to the blue color and noticed they were twinkling. The white ones don't seem to have an effect but I was overly excited with the discovery that I changed all of them to blue. Haha! :) Thanks for the well wishes, you and your family have a Happy Holidays as well. :blush:
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Oooh, love the Restored Victorian. Really beautiful!
  • Options
    Thanks @DieterPrivate One of my favorite builds, I'm stoked you like it! :)

Thanks @rosemow you are so sweet! <3 I hope you enjoy the Holidays and have a great time with family & friends! :blush:
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It's me again..haha! I'm back with a room to share this time. :) In my Rowhouse Avenue build I created a kids room with a ladybug theme. I liked it so much I created a larger version to share in the gallery. I thought it was a fun and cool room for a sim-kid who loves bugs and the outdoors. :)

Ladybug Kids Bedroom
    #nocc #chris2fer03 Gallery Link
    12-22-14_5-46nbspPM-3_zpsb91e1314.png
    12-22-14_5-46nbspPM-4_zps99a124cf.png
    12-22-14_5-46nbspPM_zps7ae325a3.png

**Contains resized objects and/or objects placed with MOO.**
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I love Rowhouse Avenue, Chris! You did such a great job with all of the details, both inside and out. Love how each house has its own character. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations