Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homes by #chris2fer03 ~*~ 104 Ellwood Lane~*~ 7/29/16

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    @Chris2fer03 You've got some really nice piece of architecture here. You're a very creative thinker when it comes to building houses. Nice work!
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Oh your newest build is lovely! Your interiors are so well done! :)

I also noticed you did a sim version of your real life home and it's great! I've also done a version of my home and found it very hard but it turned out pretty close lol I hope it was easier for you lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Love your newest build @Chris2fer03.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Hi, Chris! Just wanted to say nice work on your Tiers of Light build. I loved how open it was and your use of the glass dance floors made it quite stunning. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    AmonRa432AmonRa432 Posts: 45 Member
    All of these homes are fantastic! The designs are amazing and you decorated them so well.
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Thanks for the continued support everyone! :blush: I wish I had more time to enjoy the forums and update my showcase thread but time isn't on my side while in my graduate program. I have a few days off between ending my first year and the start of my second so I wanted to pop in for a quick thanks and update. I was pleasantly shocked too see my gallery downloads had reached over 100k!! Crazy awesome and much appreciated!! :smiley: I hope you are all enjoying the sims, playing and creating.
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) Congratulations on over 100, 000 downloads! Simmers are enjoying having your creations in their games!
    I hope that you are enjoying your few days break from studies, and hope that the new study year goes very well.:)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Nice hearing from you at least :) I was wondering where you had gone! But I completely understand.
    Congrats on reaching 100k downloads! I reached 200k not that long ago myself, but I didn't celebrate it :sweat_smile:
    Not sure if it is something to celebrate either, but it feels like you have done something good! :)

Good luck with your studies and enjoy your break :) *hugz*
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hi @Chris2fer03, browsed through your thread and you builds are gorgeous. I haven't build in sometime now and you have just inspired me to start up again. Just love your work :)<3
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow, so sweet of you! It was a pleasant surprise and a great feeling knowing so many simmers are enjoying my builds. :)

Thanks @Manssom, great to hear from you as well! I do miss following everyone's threads and conversation with the community. I'm glad we have the following feature in the gallery because it allows me to keep up with everyone's builds on the phone app. Congrats on 200k! I think it's more so an exciting feeling that so many people are enjoying the creations we build for fun. :)

Thanks @Issabella14! I'm glad you enjoyed my thread and are motivated to start building again! I want to get going again too, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hello everyone! I've managed to finish another build even though my schedule is pretty hectic. :smile: 104 Ellwood Lane is a dreamy family home that features New American architecture. It's a 4 bed/4 bath home with an open concept living/dining/kitchen area. The master suite is on the first floor separate from the children's rooms on the second floor. The kitchen features a custom built-in office space.

My favorite aspect of the build is the custom landscaping I was able to create with my debug item discovery! I used a tool sand block by enabling the debug cheat and placed it using MOO and the Alt key to create a custom, curved landscaping border. It really ties in with the New American style and adds an elegant curb appeal to the home. I hope you guys enjoy! As always #nocc and the build has been #playtested. :)

104 Ellwood Lane
    >>Download<< >>Showcase<<

07-21-16_8-25-31nbspAM_zps6imaaakk.png

07-21-16_8-41-55nbspAM_zpspuixeslc.png

Here's a picture showcasing the landscaping border. I also utilized columns and paneled wall paper to create a unique window accent.07-21-16_8-42-29nbspAM_zpsgvphwced.png

07-21-16_8-42-24nbspAM_zps3yxml6er.png

07-21-16_8-43-18nbspAM_zpsuqps8lfu.png

07-21-16_8-43-03nbspAM_zpsiynwkoqo.png

07-21-16_8-42-41nbspAM_zpsvzart9kw.png

07-21-16_8-25-51nbspAM_zpsqcjxe5lh.png

I love how the columns on each side of the windows create a bold trim adding to the feel of the New American style.
    07-21-16_8-41-58nbspAM_zps8myhsuad.png

07-21-16_8-35-29nbspAM_zps7z4x60mc.png

I placed a pantry cabinet from the basement level to create a fully functional built in fridge. The kitchen curtains are also custom using the hanging towel.
    07-21-16_8-35-51nbspAM_zpsotalg5t1.png

07-21-16_8-36-14nbspAM_zpscx1zizqe.png

07-21-16_8-35-40nbspAM_zpsvhaspgj7.png

There are lots more pics on my photo bucket site, link under the build name. :) Thanks for stopping by! -chris
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2016
    It is great that you have been able to enjoy some simming time in the midst of your busy studies and life. 104 Ellwood Lane is such a very nice family home :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The layout of the home looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The way you have the landscaping borders through the outdoors areas looks so very, very nice! The flowers and small trees look very nice in the bordered areas. The bird house in the midst of the flower beds is a nice touch and the lights look nice with the flowers.The custom windows features using the columns and wall paneling look great! They give a very nice look to the home! The greenery and flower wall decor look nice on the exterior walls. Very nice outdoors dining area in the backyard. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. The pool patio area is very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy sitting resting poolside on the seats enjoying the outdoors air. The pedestal of flowers and the candles on the coffee table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The sofa seats sitting area in the living room looks very nice! It is nice that the sofas are facing each other. Sims will enjoy resting there with sunshine coming through the windows, having a chat and reading a book. The bookshelves look great placed either sides of the sofa. The grandfather clock and the tissues and books on the coffee table looks homely. Very nice design of the kitchen! The built in fridge looks great! The custom kitchen curtains are creatively great! The island stove counter is great for sims to enjoy preparing meals there. The white brick wall texture looks nice, and the wall utensils , fruit bowl and cake display item are great kitchen touches. The computer study desk nook is so creatively great! Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer and looking out through the window at the outside views. The place of the cabinets in the kitchen areas looks great. It looks very nice how the dishes are set up on the dining table.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited July 2016
    You are a builder to keep an eye on. 104 Ellwood Lane is an inspiration. As someone who has done a whole lot of critiquing during my TS3 days, I know when I see a talented builder and you're very talented.

First, the exterior is very well done. I love the colors you've used, the landscaping and just about everything. Your architecture I think you excel the most of all but you're an all-around good builder and I can't say that about most builders. They're either good architects, good landscapers or good interior designers but you talents are well-rounded. I liked the way you curved your garden fencing on your flower beds but I'm not exactly sure how you did that. Nice!

I loved your creative ideas with the fridge in the cabinet to create a built-in fridge and the towels to create very neat curtains, and if you don't mind, I intend to steal both of those ideas from you for some of my future builds. I'm always looking for ways to change it up when it comes to my interiors. There was also a bathroom with the tub built in, which is something I like as I also try to build in tubs and showers.

I fav'd this home and I'm also going to go nominate it for a Maxis feature because it definitely deserves it. And, I will be keeping a close eye on your work for the future because I usually do not rave about someone's builds this much, believe me.
    Post edited by fidlerten on
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    There is a lot of creativity, imagination, hard work, and, most of all, beauty in your house. :smiley: It will definitely be a favorite of mine!
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow for the lovely, detailed review! You always notice the added details and decor. :blush:

Thank you @fidlerten for the Maxis recommendation, that is very kind of you! :) Also, thank you for such a positive review, I'm humbled. I put a lot of effort into the build and I appreciate you noticing the creative aspects and attention to detail. Landscaping and exterior features are my favorite aspects when building. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Thanks @StSciurus for checking out Ellwood Lane! It required a lot of time and patience with the landscaping but positive feedback makes it all worth it! :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    You very good build. Their houses are very cozy, so familiar. :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    What a Gorgeous home, Chris! I'm SO happy you found some time to get some building in! I adore your custom border and I'm sorry to say that I will more than likely be stealing this awesome idea. The custom paneled windows is another fabulous idea! Love your gorgeous interiors. The pic of the "set" table is so Pretty. <3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Simply stunning house! Love the architecture and the wonderful garden. The pool and the kitchen looks so inviting! Great job Chris! Already added to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    Thank you @Danuta720! I like creating homes that are reminiscent of something I might drive by in real life. :)

@WrathofCath so nice of you to stop by! Honestly I will probably use that border in every build from now on! Haha! Of course I want to you steal it, that way I can steal an idea from one of your builds! :p

Thanks @yanti68! Pleased you like the architecture, it's actually my take on a house plan that I've had for awhile and would love to have built in real life. :)
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    104 Ellwood Lane is a fabulous traditional house build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very wonderful layout! Love how you did with customized windows using wall panelings and columns each sides! Very complex design and the roofing is looking fab too! The corbels add a great touch. Your landscaping is so pretty! Love the colorful plants you used and the use of debug sand blocks for flowerbeds, very handy! The backyard is so vibrant too! And your interior, so beautiful! Very wonderful interior design, love the use of towel racks as customized curtains. Gonna borrow that idea, hehe! Your kids rooms are so adorable too! I especially like the space one, Sci-Fi is my favorite theme! ;) The sunroom looks very relaxing too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Oh my I love Ellwood lane! It's beautiful inside and out but I have to say my absolute favourite part is your landscaping! <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Chris Ellwood Lane is a Gorgeous build love the exterior colour with its white highlights. Beautifully detail interior with a great layout. :) Folly
  • Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Hello!

I am very glad that I found your thread! I am mesmerized by your "104 Ellwood Lane" !! It is so very creative how you created the curved "fences" :) I am probably going to do something similar in one of my builds :blush:<3
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Chris dear I look back through all your builds and LOVE is the best word to describe them. It shows in each and every build how much love you put into them. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! <3<3