Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookmarked Threads

If it isn't too much trouble, may we get a 'remove all bookmarks' button? When this site opened up I suddenly had over 140 pages of bookmarks for threads I have no interest in. This makes the whole bookmarking thing kind of useless and unuseable.

There are threads I would love to legitimately bookmark and follow but I don't have the patience to click to delete 149 pages of bookmarks, I'd have carpal tunnel. I would love to be able to use this feature to its fullest potential.

And on the other site, by the way, I only had maybe two dozen threads bookmarked.

Pretty please?!

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am so with you on this one. I still have not found a way to remove all bookmarks. I have a ton of threads I've commented in since 2009. It appears that when we were converted to Vanilla that a lot of those threads (not originally bookmarked) are indeed bookmarked now. I think I got through three pages and literally gave up.

I've searched on Vanilla and I'm not able to find a solution to the bookmark issue. It's very overwhelming.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Ugh, maybe I should just take out a page or two a day and slowly whittle it down. I'd love to use this feature. Thanks for having a look for a solution! I can only be thankful I don't have as many comments as some do!
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Ugh, maybe I should just take out a page or two a day and slowly whittle it down. I'd love to use this feature. Thanks for having a look for a solution! I can only be thankful I don't have as many comments as some do!

That is what I did, went through a couple pages at a time.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

That is what I did, went through a couple pages at a time.
    Look at my post count. That is so not going to happen. ;)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @blunote00, you seriously need an 'annihilate all' button. :🐸🐸🐸🐸:

seriously? They give us a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 emoji and then censor it... sheesh...
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    I had over 104 pages of bookmarked posts as of last night. So I started to unmark some of them last night and tonight and now I just have 3 pages of bookmarked threads. I still might unmark some of those after I get a chance to look at them and decide if I want to keep them... :)
  • Options
    @lisasc360, whoa! you went on a clicking spree! I'm not a very good point-and-click kind of person and those stars are rather tiny. You knocked out a lot of pages! Uncheck all would be a really nice button.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @lisasc360, whoa! you went on a clicking spree! I'm not a very good point-and-click kind of person and those stars are rather tiny. You knocked out a lot of pages! Uncheck all would be a really nice button.

You got that right about the stars being tiny. While I was clicking on them, I wished we could just click next to them to unmark or make the stars bigger as there was times that I missed clicking on them...lol
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on but it probably won't make it to the high priority list. We do have a backlog of updates and fixes.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on but it probably won't make it to the high priority list. We do have a backlog of updates and fixes.

Thanks! :) It's alright it isn't on a high-priority list, that is pretty understandable. So long as it is on a list somewhere. :) It's nothing pressing, just something which could be made easier and more functional at some point.

• Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

How does one save bookmarks, when I click it on it just said you have no save bookmarks, how do I create them? Where on forums can one look for nit-picky details on using the forums?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    How does one save bookmarks, when I click it on it just said you have no save bookmarks, how do I create them? Where on forums can one look for nit-picky details on using the forums?

Hello
    To bookmark a thread, click the star that is on the top right hand side of the first post in the thread and make it turn yellow.
    This is a link to a guide to the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial#latest
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    To bookmark a thread, click the star that is on the top right hand side of the first post in the thread and make it turn yellow.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial#latest

Thank You. Given the length of some threads, I think I might not use bookmarks. Still, its very nice to know how they work!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thank You. Given the length of some threads, I think I might not use bookmarks. Still, its very nice to know how they work!

You're welcome :)