Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity (flop), Sims 4 (flop). What's it going to take EA?

Comments

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As of the first week of November - retail sales of Sims 4 was at over a million. That is not including any downloaded sales - just the physical disk sales.

Do you have proof of that? Something that you can actually show a link to, because far as im concerned even if you are a stockholder EA isn't releasing data on those sales just yet to anyone. Frankly what i find odd is that other sites have published that sims 4 hadn't even made 800,000 over all retail sales let alone 1 million like you claim in the first week.

I think that 400,000 retail is more accurate and digital probably far less given the mass exodus of returns. Until ea posts some actual figures im going to have say i don't believe you one bit.

28unTd1.jpg See this is the NPD Software sales out for september

Sims 4 is ranked 8th. We know that Supersmash brothers sold 705k in copies in september
    I may not know the accurate number but i know well enough sims 4 retail sales or otherwise first week was not 1 million and fact far from it. since it falls at 8th place and just above hyrule warriors at 100k i would say sims 4 probably landed about 400k to 500k retail sales.

But when you look at that chart, notice that it includes all platforms, not just PC -- in fact Sims 4 is the only game that's only available on PC. That's going to deflate numbers considerably -- you've got people who don't buy games for PC because that's what their console system is for, or maybe their parents/spouses don't want the family computer cluttered up with games when it's needed for working at home. So it's not that inaccurate to argue that Sims 4 sold well for PC.

Is Supersmash Brothers available on multiple platforms?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited November 2014
    This is so off topic, but what is that gif with the person with a hamburger in their mouth running while people are shooting at them from? Also, why? Are they late for American school or something? lol Is it from Hetalia?
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    You are all WRONG the sims4 is a great game sure it lacks stuff but remember we can't have everything in a game all at once and the as expansion packs and stuff packs comes out for the sims4 the sims4 will improve.

TS4 is a great game is a matter of opinion and nothing more. What is great for you may not be so great to someone else. We all have our own likes/dislikes/preferences. Just because I like chocolate, doesn't mean I think everyone should like chocolate too and anyone who doesn't is "wrong". Do you see how silly that is?

As far as the base game goes, I personally do not expect everything but I do expect most or all the 'best and well received' features but improved from all previous base games. I also think having just weather/seasons (holidays not included but definitely would be welcomed) is long overdue to being in bg.

EP's will follow the base game/game engine limitations so more of the same old same old. Nothing to look forward to...for me that is because the base game itself seems so uninspiring and tedious. Nothing interests me about TS4 to even want to play it.

Si tu n'aime pas les sims4 alors je peux dire que tu n'as pas ta place dans se forum et si je vois certain d'entrevous me manquer de respect il vont etre reporter pour manque de respect Criss de calice de tabarnac d'osti de sacrament alors ne me manquer pas de respect

Je ne parle pas en Francais. Say what you want to say in ENGLISH. S'il vous plait. Otherwise you come off as being a coward and saying things in a language I cannot understand. And that is disrespectful when you know English. If you have something to say then say it in a language I know.

Translation from Babylon (likely badly translated... but you can get the gist): If you do not like sims4 then I can say that you do not have your place in to forum and if I see some of interjoists disrespect me it will be a reporter for disrespect Criss chalice tabarnac of osti sacrament of so do not disrespect me

Some of that last sentence is Quebecois French for "plum plum plum plum plum plum".

Yup.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    -content removed-

I think "Selena I don't think you posting this in this thread is appropriate" might have been a more mature way to show your opinion.

Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    Can I write in my own language too? o:)
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I am!
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    After watching the trailers, each sims seem like a whole different game in their own right and sims 4 is no different. I'd say the biggest improvement was sims 2 from sims 1. I have never played sims 3 (my laptop could never handle it) so i cant speak much on it but the idea of an open world on paper doesn't interest me all that much so I'm fine w/o it. I also don't like the idea of my neighbors aging up without my telling them too, I'm sure you can turn that off but still. I don't think Sims 4 is a flop and the fact that people are saying Maxis is going to go bankrupt from this game seems a bit extreme. I am really disappointed that they released a game with so many initial glitches though. Very sloppy on their end.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    I am!

Entonces puedo escribir en español? :)

My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I dont think either game was a flop they just got off on a bumpy start
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    You are all WRONG the sims4 is a great game sure it lacks stuff but remember we can't have everything in a game all at once and the as expansion packs and stuff packs comes out for the sims4 the sims4 will improve.

TS4 is a great game is a matter of opinion and nothing more. What is great for you may not be so great to someone else. We all have our own likes/dislikes/preferences. Just because I like chocolate, doesn't mean I think everyone should like chocolate too and anyone who doesn't is "wrong". Do you see how silly that is?

As far as the base game goes, I personally do not expect everything but I do expect most or all the 'best and well received' features but improved from all previous base games. I also think having just weather/seasons (holidays not included but definitely would be welcomed) is long overdue to being in bg.

EP's will follow the base game/game engine limitations so more of the same old same old. Nothing to look forward to...for me that is because the base game itself seems so uninspiring and tedious. Nothing interests me about TS4 to even want to play it.

Si tu n'aime pas les sims4 alors je peux dire que tu n'as pas ta place dans se forum et si je vois certain d'entrevous me manquer de respect il vont etre reporter pour manque de respect Criss de calice de tabarnac d'osti de sacrament alors ne me manquer pas de respect

Je ne parle pas en Francais. Say what you want to say in ENGLISH. S'il vous plait. Otherwise you come off as being a coward and saying things in a language I cannot understand. And that is disrespectful when you know English. If you have something to say then say it in a language I know.

Translation from Babylon (likely badly translated... but you can get the gist): If you do not like sims4 then I can say that you do not have your place in to forum and if I see some of interjoists disrespect me it will be a reporter for disrespect Criss chalice tabarnac of osti sacrament of so do not disrespect me

Thanks.

@Memina11 Who are you to tell me I don't belong here? You are the one being disrespectful. I'm still going to speak my mind whether you like it or not.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Ton ignorance me fait mal a la tete.
    Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited November 2014

Do you have proof of that? Something that you can actually show a link to, because far as im concerned even if you are a stockholder EA isn't releasing data on those sales just yet to anyone. Frankly what i find odd is that other sites have published that sims 4 hadn't even made 800,000 over all retail sales let alone 1 million like you claim in the first week.

I think that 400,000 retail is more accurate and digital probably far less given the mass exodus of returns. Until ea posts some actual figures im going to have say i don't believe you one bit.

28unTd1.jpg See this is the NPD Software sales out for september

Sims 4 is ranked 8th. We know that Supersmash brothers sold 705k in copies in september
    I may not know the accurate number but i know well enough sims 4 retail sales or otherwise first week was not 1 million and fact far from it. since it falls at 8th place and just above hyrule warriors at 100k i would say sims 4 probably landed about 400k to 500k retail sales.

But when you look at that chart, notice that it includes all platforms, not just PC -- in fact Sims 4 is the only game that's only available on PC. That's going to deflate numbers considerably -- you've got people who don't buy games for PC because that's what their console system is for, or maybe their parents/spouses don't want the family computer cluttered up with games when it's needed for working at home. So it's not that inaccurate to argue that Sims 4 sold well for PC.

sims 4 is only out on pc it doesn't have a console platform. However we know supersmash brothers sales for both their platforms and that puts them at 705k. Like i said sims 4 ranked 8th in sales as a game doesn't matter how many platforms it's own the point to be made is that it did not make 1 million sales as people want to claim. It did far less than that. In fact that is what makes it in trouble.

I haven't came here to tell people the game is a flop because most of the responses given to this have been opinonated in the first place wether it's a flop or not. What i want is solid evidence that the sales did well or not.

Given if sims 4 for it's base game release sold probably around 400 to 500 k retail value. And sims 3 sold in it's first week 1.4 million that means that sims 4 at release had under 30 percent retention of it's fanbase. I keep saying number one charts don't mean jack especially when games make that chart even when sales are 1k for that week. 30 percent retention is a failed release no matter how you look at it. However even for a failed release the game could pull itself together. A bad release doesn't mean over all sales for the series would be bad its when those sales start to flat line that you need to worry. Again sims 3 over sales was 11 million. Yet sims 2 over all sales was around 16million so sims 3 still had over 50 percent retention of the playerbase. If sims 4 sales still remain stale over and they still have less than 30 percent retention and cannot pick up the sales then the series is a flop.

That's the point to be made and Maxis knows this, that is why they're working hard to add back the content and fix the bugs. Regardless of what happens it's up to dev's to turn things around. Like the game all you want it won't mean that it's a success, in the same manner i hate the game but it doesn't mean it will all together fail. All of that is up to devs at this point.

Let me also say that pc games sales for sims as a series have always been close to 1 million at release even with sims 1. Sims 4 is the first of the pc game series that has not made that mark in the first week. It doesn't matter the platform here the truth is it did not do well it's first week. No surprise given it's press and reviews. So even if consoles are more affordable over all that's not why most people game from pc in the first place and why Ea should watch it's market to make sure it's game is able to compete properly with other next gen gaming. Casual or hardcore there is a reason why many people game from pc.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

sims 4 is only out on pc it doesn't have a console platform. However we know supersmash brothers sales for both their platforms and that puts them at 705k. Like i said sims 4 ranked 8th in sales as a game doesn't matter how many platforms it's own the point to be made is that it did not make 1 million sales as people want to claim. It did far less than that. In fact that is what makes it in trouble.

I haven't came here to tell people the game is a flop because most of the responses given to this have been opinonated in the first place wether it's a flop or not. What i want is solid evidence that the sales did well or not.

Given if sims 4 for it's base game release sold probably around 400 to 500 k retail value. And sims 3 sold in it's first week 1.4 million that means that sims 4 at release had under 30 percent retention of it's fanbase. I keep saying number one charts don't mean jack especially when games make that chart even when sales are 1k for that week. 30 percent retention is a failed release no matter how you look at it. However even for a failed release the game could pull itself together. A bad release doesn't mean over all sales for the series would be bad its when those sales start to flat line that you need to worry. Again sims 3 over sales was 11 million. Yet sims 2 over all sales was around 16million so sims 3 still had over 50 percent retention of the playerbase. If sims 4 sales still remain stale over and they still have less than 30 percent retention and cannot pick up the sales then the series is a flop.

That's the point to be made and Maxis knows this, that is why they're working hard to add back the content and fix the bugs. Regardless of what happens it's up to dev's to turn things around. Like the game all you want it won't mean that it's a success, in the same manner i hate the game but it doesn't mean it will all together fail. All of that is up to devs at this point.

The comparison is not really relevant since games released both on console and PC would have a larger audience.
    So what was your point with those numbers?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

The comparison is not really relevant since games released both on console and PC would have a larger audience.

Read the paragraph and you'd understand what the relevance of those numbers are. If you missed the conversation scroll back and read it. Not going to repeat myself a dozen times for people who aren't even going to read it what im writing about. The answer is already in what I wrote. Or are you just trying to pick at me, given it wasn't hard to find in my conversation the point I was making.
  • Options

Read the paragraph and you'd understand what the relevance of those numbers are. If you missed the conversation scroll back and read it. Not going to repeat myself a dozen times for people who aren't even going to read it what im writing about. The answer is already in what I wrote. Or are you just trying to pick at me, given it wasn't hard to find in my conversation the point I was making.

You wanted to prove someone wrong?

With irrelevant numbers?
  • Options

With irrelevant numbers?

The number are relevant in every way. You butted into my conversation with a player not the other way around. Try to understand said conversation. Since it has nothing to do with console and every thing do do with another user claiming sims 4 sold a million copies retail its first week. Which was not true at all and there is proof of that. You dipped in the conversation which has nothing to do with it being console at all. Those numbers are relevant to the conversation I'm having with another person. If you want to bring a relevant opinion to that conversation that please by all means do so other wise please leave me alone. I know you have great disdain for me. I notice you follow me quite a bit in other threads that other wise people are insulting me or being rude to me and you plus one them for drama. I over all ignore you. On top of that i don't even follow you one bit, you just have that urge to try and sneak in an under cut. It's really petty you should give it a rest by now.
  • Options

With irrelevant numbers?

The number are relevant in every way. You butted into my conversation with a player not the other way around. Try to understand said conversation. Since it has nothing to do with console and every thing do do with another user claiming sims 4 sold a million copies retail its first week. Which was not true at all and there is proof of that. You dipped in the conversation which has nothing to do with it being console at all. Those numbers are relevant to the conversation I'm having with another person. If you want to bring a relevant opinion to that conversation that please by all means do so other wise please leave me alone. I know you have great disdain for me. I notice you follow me quite a bit in other threads that other wise people are insulting me or being rude to me and you plus one them for drama. I over all ignore you. On top of that i don't even follow you one bit, you just have that urge to try and sneak in an under cut. It's really petty you should give it a rest by now.

Do you feel that I follow you? I think this is the first comment I have made to you in a very long time.
    If I like something it is because I like it, it has nothing to do with you, that´s just light bulb effect.

I was angry with you in one thread. Yes.
    But I don´t know you. I do not have "great disdain" for you. I do not agree with your opinions most of the time, and I think you are a bit long winded in your comments, which is why I rarely read them. Trust me, I am not out to get you nor was my question as malevolent as you think. I was a bit confused by the numbers, it´s nearly midnight were I am, so I am a bit tired. I wasn´t trying to be rude.

I am sorry if I came off as hostile. I might be a bit affected by recent events on the forum. I know that is not an excuse, it´s an explanation. I´ll take a break, get some sleep and shrug the hostility off.

P.S But please don´t assume everyone is out for the drama. I have strong opinions, but I am not looking for drama. It is kind of insulting when you assume something you could not possibly know, and I really don´t think that makes you any better.

• Options

With irrelevant numbers?

Do you feel that I follow you? I think this is the first comment I have made to you in a very long time.
    If I like something it is because I like it, it has nothing to do with you, that´s just light bulb effect.

I was angry with you in one thread. Yes.
    But I don´t know you. I do not have "great disdain" for you. I do not agree with your opinions most of the time, and I think you are a bit long winded in your comments, which is why I rarely read them. Trust me, I am not out to get you nor was my question as malevolent as you think. I was a bit confused by the numbers, it´s nearly midnight were I am, so I am a bit tired. I wasn´t trying to be rude.

I am sorry if I came off as hostile. I might be a bit affected by recent events on the forum. I know that is not an excuse, it´s an explanation. I´ll take a break, get some sleep and shrug the hostility off.

P.S But please don´t assume everyone is out for the drama. I have strong opinions, but I am not looking for drama. It is kind of insulting when you assume something you could not possibly know, and I really don´t think that makes you any better.

Yes I do, especially on occasions when it's not to contribute to the discussion but to come into the thread to take a personal jab at me and then you bounce back out. Like i said you'll like conversations that have nothing to do with the topic but of people taking jabs at me. You seem to still be angry with me even though i've long since apologized since our initial meeting. You came into this thread didn't even bother to read what i wrote but wanted to tell me my conversation was irrelevant. Yet offered no other conversation as to why you felt it was. Even if I am long winded and you hadn't read it it still seemed very odd that you would make note to continue to say it's irrelevant. That is what lead me to feel this way.

As far as assuming, I had not made any assumption. Assuming would mean i'd have to take a guess at the situation, and i haven't im experiencing this situation. This is my experience with you from the day we bumped heads in the past. I would find no other reason why someone who has disdain for someone would treat them in such a manner. It's not meant to be insulting but more so to make you aware of how i feel and my perception of the situation. However, I can accept your apology regardless of if we disagree nothing wrong with starting over and getting on better footing. Hostile forums or not, we all are simmers. Most of us, our main object is to get a better game from Maxis.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

que?
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited November 2014
    munchie885 wrote: »

♪ Creole lady Marmalaaaaadddddee ♪
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Have they given up closing negative threads now? Lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited November 2014
    What?! Mods don't close a thread because it's negative.... They close them because most negative threads end with flames and chaos.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What?! Mods don't close a thread because it's negative.... They close them because most negative threads end with flames and chaos.

Yes they generally get closed because the same people pop in to derail them
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I am lurking... but this thread is still open :smiley:
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Yes they generally get closed because the same people pop in to derail them
    Yup pretty much but this thread seems fine so I have no idea why @king_of_simcity7 made such a comment....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    This thread is alive and well.