Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Todays Question: What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?

Comments

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Probably something like "don't let anyone into your life who makes you doubt yourself or your self-worth for even a second."
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Probably something like "don't let anyone into your life who makes you doubt yourself or your self-worth for even a second."

You could actually go ahead give your younger self some names on that one.

There's certainly two or three people I would tell my younger self to avoid.... :s
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »

You could actually go ahead give your younger self some names on that one.

There's certainly two or three people I would tell my younger self to avoid.... :s

tbh it'd probably be most people including half my family and 90% of my friends lol. I was surrounded by some toxic people growing up.

I was too young to be able to see it, though.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    Your life is about to really suck for seven long years and there is nothing you can do to prepare for or stop it. Have fun.

Just seven?. I would say a lot more!.

Well I'm not even 18 yet so seven years is a long time for me lol

College/University >>>> High School. (if you're not from the states use the appropriate terms, hopefully you know what I mean.) if that's all any help!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to college. My wildest dream is to go to an Ivy League school, but my parents didn't set a penny aside for me to go or even allow me to attend an actual school, so I'll probably wind up going to a community college or something, but that's okay with me. I just want to have the experience of college, even in some small form. :)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    Your life is about to really suck for seven long years and there is nothing you can do to prepare for or stop it. Have fun.

Just seven?. I would say a lot more!.

Well I'm not even 18 yet so seven years is a long time for me lol

College/University >>>> High School. (if you're not from the states use the appropriate terms, hopefully you know what I mean.) if that's all any help!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to college. My wildest dream is to go to an Ivy League school, but my parents didn't set a penny aside for me to go or even allow me to attend an actual school, so I'll probably wind up going to a community college or something, but that's okay with me. I just want to have the experience of college, even in some small form. :)
    Use the community collage as a stepping stone to a 4 year
  • Options
    JazzyDee28JazzyDee28 Posts: 69 Member
    Stand up for yourself, even if it means talking back to that one teacher who loves to bully the shy kids.
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2F31.media.tumblr.com%2Fcf6f411a215f705e08d78a6f96739137%2Ftumblr_nfu9sbOFKE1qewacoo1_500.gif&key=-H3jysO_6H7cKliHSXCvZg&w=800&h=204
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm only 14, so I would tell my younger self (when I just started high school): "Stop worrying about everything" (I still do that now...Any form of confrontation/test makes me nervous (even though I usually do well)). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    @elliskane3 high school is difficult because everyone is worried about fitting in and doing well with grades, it's so important to moving on to college. I think you will be surprised later in life when you talk to others pretty much everyone felt just like you do today. Hang in there, life get so much better :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    @elliskane3 high school is difficult because everyone is worried about fitting in and doing well with grades, it's so important to moving on to college. I think you will be surprised later in life when you talk to others pretty much everyone felt just like you do today. Hang in there, life get so much better :)

Isn't this the truth! I was such an odd duck in high school (it didn't help my family relocated states between my 10th and 11th grade year, though the second high school I was to was much nicer than the first, and that my dad was also a teacher at the second high school). But college was great! Six other people from my high school went, one of which was one of my few friends from high school, though not a close friend, (the other four we both lost in the shuffle which was okay, wasn't that close to 'em) and aside from that everyone was new to me, and many to each other. Because of those similar circumstances I made more friends in my freshmen year than I had ever had in my life, and while they didn't all last through all of college quite a few did, and some I even am still pretty tight with 20 years later. College was the absolute best time for friendships in my life, hands down.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    "See that chick with the black hair and glasses? Run away before she talks to you."
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    "It gets better."

I really need to hear that when I was a teenager. I mean, REALLY.

Also, "You deserve better so don't settle." I need to hear that one when I was 20.

And, if the fates were really kind, "Avoid Route 202 on December 6, 1985 - especially in the morning."
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Don't get into that van... even if he offers you a favorite candy.
  • Options
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    Don't get into that van... even if he offers you a favorite candy.
    Don't do that today either or ever.

• Options
    DemetriDemetri Posts: 48 Member
    Don't argue back.
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    To sleep more
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    You should have run.
    hC6F85532
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Not to take life to seriously, you only get one shot at it live how you what to and not how society thinks you should.
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    Education is so freaking important. Do not screw it up.
    Ignore the bullies and the mean girls...10 years from now, they'll all still be living with their parents and be either fiends or knocked-up college drop-outs with hardly-there baby daddies. Their money and fancy mansions will do them more harm than good. And you'll be fully independent and doing more than they've ever done by the time you're 16.
    Also, you're gonna get super sexy by like, 19 so stop falling in love with any boy who gives you attention. Get it together - they're not even that cute.
    I know you feel like you're all alone, but you're so strong. You're a fighter. Don't ever give up.

Dawg I wish I had someone there to tell me this when I was 12. I was a really lonely kid. I was really desperate for someone to love me.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Don't start drinking. Don't ever quit the gym. Don't ever move to Bristol for six months, neither will work, nor will school turn out OK and you'll go back home poorer.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I would tell myself to move to a different planet...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I would say, "Don't go on that blind date your sister set you up on."

But then I think, "No blind date, then I don't get to meet the most important person in my life, my son." :(
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »

But then I think, "No blind date, then I don't get to meet the most important person in my life, my son." :(
    It is a terrible dilemma sometimes isn't it? My terrible decision did not leave me with a child.

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »

It is a terrible dilemma sometimes isn't it? My terrible decision did not leave me with a child.

Yeah, got a loveless marriage but a beautiful child. Was it worth it? Most definitely. :D

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Follow your Dreams!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    > @charlotteprice said:
    > Follow your Dreams!
    I would tell myself to run from my nightmares
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg