Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Todays Question: What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?

Comments

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    I would say, "Don't go on that blind date your sister set you up on."

But then I think, "No blind date, then I don't get to meet the most important person in my life, my son." :(

Isn't it weird, @mlnov39, that sometimes the worst pain can lead to the best part of your life? There are parts of my life that I wish I could do over - but those horrible times had silver linings (to use a hackneyed phrase) that I wouldn't want to give up for anything.
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member

But then I think, "No blind date, then I don't get to meet the most important person in my life, my son." :(
    It is a terrible dilemma sometimes isn't it? My terrible decision did not leave me with a child.

Yeah, got a loveless marriage but a beautiful child. Was it worth it? Most definitely. :D
    I've been thinking about you a lot since reading this. It stuck with me for some reason. I think your son will do great things. I hope he does. :)

• mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Juana wrote: »

It is a terrible dilemma sometimes isn't it? My terrible decision did not leave me with a child.

Yeah, got a loveless marriage but a beautiful child. Was it worth it? Most definitely. :D
    I've been thinking about you a lot since reading this. It stuck with me for some reason. I think your son will do great things. I hope he does. :)

Awww, thank you, that's very sweet of you. He's a great kid, I'm blessed. He's
    HawkAim on you tube, very creative, I'm proud. :)

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    To live each day as if it was your last
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I fell deeply in love at college when I was a naive and selfish 19 year old.
    I would tell myself to stop being so hardheaded and selfish, work with him!
    He's the one that got away. :'(
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    Your life is about to really suck for seven long years and there is nothing you can do to prepare for or stop it. Have fun.

Just seven?. I would say a lot more!.

Pretty much this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYs3t8Rzkxo

And a hearty good laugh to end the day with!

I just discovered this OT Forum! Where in the *plum* have I been?!

{looks around}

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Eat a lot and never ever change your hairstyle. Keep that side comb over because you have a lot of really thick hair. You will never have thinning or balding hair. You're gonna be as sexy as plum as Robert Lutece. Also to never ever try teenage fashion.

Stay classy you sexy stud
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited November 2014
    You need glasses. Seriously, it took me until I was 18 to get glasses, when I unknowingly needed them the entire time.

Edit: Also, you look better with glasses.
  • goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    You need glasses. Seriously, it took me until I was 18 to get glasses, when I unknowingly needed them the entire time.

LoL, this happened to me as well! It was really funny because when I had a vision test the doc said wow you need glasses and I was like "no I don't" then when I finally got my glasses and put them on I was absolutely floored, I could not believe how clear everything was!

• JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    I would tell myself to move to a different planet...
    I'm still telling myself this. I'm even telling my future self this.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Paulo is a psycho. You were right all along. Listen to your gut feeling about him, you don't have to tolerate his violent ways just because his mother and our mother are friends.

That would have spared me some scars (not only physical scars).
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited November 2014
    You're not gay. You're not bi. You're not pan. Most importantly, you're not broken. You're a.s.exual, ace as plumm.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    Paulo is a psycho. You were right all along. Listen to your gut feeling about him, you don't have to tolerate his violent ways just because his mother and our mother are friends.

Dear Lord. That was dark. I hope you are OK now.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Should have waited for Black Friday to get that Sims 4 in Best Buy.
    It is literally half of what you paid for.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Should have waited for Black Friday to get that Sims 4 in Best Buy.
    It is literally half of what you paid for.
    Well that is just sad :( I would have loved to get that deal too.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    When I see the plumholes around school, that are rude to me or anyone, I always think to myself "Its okay, I will be your boss in the future, when you work for ME, your gonna hate life"
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »

Dear Lord. That was dark. I hope you are OK now.

I am alright, thanks. What really saddens me is that nobody would believe me. Maybe if they did, other people wouldn't have been hurt. "He is just a kid", "he doesn't know what he is doing", "he beats you because he likes you"... Until he pushed his pregnant aunt down a staircase (she broke her arm but nothing worse happened, for his dissapointment). He was 12. I really hope that all this bullying awareness that is going on nowadays will at least make parents take their children's problems with other children more seriously.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    not to make music videos and then let my older brother save them to his computer.
  • cassidystorey91cassidystorey91 Posts: 113 Member
    Stay In school and graduate because it's worth it
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Stop eating bread. Just wait till those teeth grow again. Because of you I gained 10 pounds. :neutral_face:

Take High School seriously.

You should have stayed close with your friends instead of drifting away from them.

• HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    To my 2007 self: don't make that last minute phone call. Just keep waiting and everything will solve by itself :neutral_face:
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »

Isn't it weird, @mlnov39, that sometimes the worst pain can lead to the best part of your life? There are parts of my life that I wish I could do over - but those horrible times had silver linings (to use a hackneyed phrase) that I wouldn't want to give up for anything.

Life is weird like that isn't it ? In the darkest of times is when the light shines the brightest .
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I would of told myself to have more confidence.
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    I would have told myself to write Harry Potter before J.K Rowling did.
  • justsomesimmerjustsomesimmer Posts: 13 New Member
    STOP trying to please everybody. And stop caring about being popular. By the way, you're not ugly.