Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will the sims 4 be better than 3 in 5 years?

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    If they can make up a feature that can beat open world, then fine by me
    This seems like an oxymoron to me...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2014
    MiataPlay wrote: »

Can you imagine diving for conch shells in the sims 4! ....or Surfing! :o

NO that will never happen in the way we want it!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    IMO, you may as well ask if the birthday cake you have in 5 years will taste better than the one from your birthday this year. There's really no way to know, thus it's pretty much a dead-end question. Just IMO, of course. YMMV and all that.

But if if you know your future cake will be made over a dry suggarless biscuit you can say that you are not too much hopefull
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2014
    Maybe?
    I kind of like Sims 4, but the previous games I've played (Sims 1, 2, and 3) have more content and feels more...free? Sandbox-y?

I feel that Sims 4 is a bit too streamlined and linear. I enjoyed it overall, but I don't feel like I had the freedom of choices for various tasks and events. Like, I have to do a particular interaction 3 times to reach a goal, etc.

Of course, the lack of content compared to the previous installments doesn't help....

I do like the look of the Sims and the multi-tasking aspects.

I'm just not sure how EA can make it even better than the previous installments at this point without making some major changes in gameplay mechanics.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I'm very doubtful, TBH. TS4 base game seems to have been developed using the guidelines of 'lets do this fast, easy, and cheap'. It's difficult to see how they can really build onto this platform and make it a truly innovative and exciting game, especially if they continue with 'fast, easy, and cheap' as their guiding principles. I don't think they were even trying to make it a great game, IMO. As others have mentioned, they have not put the time and financial resources into it as they did in past games.

It's great that there are some people who are enjoying it, and I'd like to think they'll prove me wrong and make me love the game again but unfortunately I'm honestly not expecting that. :/
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I have a feeling it'll be pretty great as long as they are listening to the amazing requests that some of the users on this forum make :)
    original.gif
  • Options
    lambrinibudgetlambrinibudget Posts: 20 Member
    Well, so far I like the Sims 4 base game more than I liked the Sims 3 base game, so I'm going to go with yes, but tbh it entirely depends on the EPs. Based on performance I'm probably going to enjoy Sims 4 more, simply because with all the extra content Sims 3 drives me insane with the stuttering. Loading screens are going to be annoying for sure, but it should hopefully mean a smoother overall game play.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited November 2014
    I consulted my Magic Eight Ball and...
    Fringe-S3x12-Outlook-not-so-good.jpg
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Definitely - it's better already
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    KramYraelo wrote: »

:o That doesn't sound good...
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    If they fix the glitches, make bigger worlds, and add a color wheel... maybe. They will need expansion packs of course.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

Hmm I think that two games are quite different. It's hard to say what's better to be honest because they both have pros and cons.

I think if they listen to some of the suggestions on here and keep adding things to the game it has a lot of potentional to be a really great though. It seems like they can patch things into our game easier then before so that could be a major plus as the years go on.

Sims has always been the only game I could literally continue playing for several months to a year at a time and then come back and play some more. I hope this one will be like that too. :)
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    I'm very doubtful, TBH. TS4 base game seems to have been developed using the guidelines of 'lets do this fast, easy, and cheap'. It's difficult to see how they can really build onto this platform and make it a truly innovative and exciting game, especially if they continue with 'fast, easy, and cheap' as their guiding principles. I don't think they were even trying to make it a great game, IMO. As others have mentioned, they have not put the time and financial resources into it as they did in past games.
    tumblr_n52s5hmR1G1sl2mrno2_400.gif
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! SLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLAYYYYYY!

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    KramYraelo wrote: »

yasss1.gif?w=730&h=410
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am not waiting that long.............if S4 doesn't get better real quick, I wont be here!
    I will wait for the 1st ep, if its not to *my* liking, I am gone........done.......... ;)
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    I don't see the point on wondering if 4 will be better than 3 in 2019. I want to play a game now, in 2014.

6b0113b4-a058-4cac-97e2-4469f9f52444.jpg
  • Options
    Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    > @KramYraelo said:
    > I consulted my Magic Eight Ball and...

I came on here just to post that I lol'd.
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think s4 should have been called "the Sims 2.5 or The Sims 2 rehashed again." To me it seems EA listened to all the s2 fans complaining that's what they wanted. A new version of s2. Well that's what we got at a very low quality version. The s3 fans were left completely out. Funny how the brag about the cas and so many I have read think it's the cats meow. But anyone that has worked with cg knows it's nothing new. We've had the grab and drag for years. Even the odd game a few years ago used it. Cas to me is no better than the sliders with just a couple of more sliders added. Multitask makes the simplest thing a day job. The Bipolar sims drive me nuts. To much mmo instead of true sand box is a real disappointment.

I think all this needs improvement and much of the missing things that should have been in the base from past versions need to be addressed before s4 can even think about being better than any of the other version. Let's hope there are enough s2 and new users out there to pay for s4's development. If not, I doubt there will be an s5.

So to the op's question. Who knows. Maybe or maybe not. Only their hairdresser will know for sure.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    VertKiller wrote: »
    I think s4 should have been called "the Sims 2.5 or The Sims 2 rehashed again." To me it seems EA listened to all the s2 fans complaining that's what they wanted. A new version of s2. Well that's what we got at a very low quality version. The s3 fans were left completely out. Funny how the brag about the cas and so many I have read think it's the cats meow. But anyone that has worked with cg knows it's nothing new. We've had the grab and drag for years. Even the odd game a few years ago used it. Cas to me is no better than the sliders with just a couple of more sliders added. Multitask makes the simplest thing a day job. The Bipolar sims drive me nuts. To much mmo instead of true sand box is a real disappointment.

I think all this needs improvement and much of the missing things that should have been in the base from past versions need to be addressed before s4 can even think about being better than any of the other version. Let's hope there are enough s2 and new users out there to pay for s4's development. If not, I doubt there will be an s5.

So to the op's question. Who knows. Maybe or maybe not. Only their hairdresser will know for sure.

I always said S4 took two step back, yep it went backwards to S2 and skipped S3.

I was disappointed, kept playing it, still trying to grasp what they did. It has some good stuff (small stuff) but they so much took a turn I would not have thought! I cant even play it for very long and some days I don't even play it.

I will get the first ep (if I last that long) but that wont be till march? , but if its not what I like, then forget it.

I paid too much thru out all the series, but this one wont get anything else from me if something don't give soon, LOL

• Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    I don't see the point on wondering if 4 will be better than 3 in 2019. I want to play a game now, in 2014.

6b0113b4-a058-4cac-97e2-4469f9f52444.jpg

then play it :/
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I do not agree with those who say that TS4 is 2.5, TS2 is way better than TS4, may be the garphic style is new and prettier (?) but there is a huge lot of features, interactions and animations missing, so I would say they have skiped TS3 and tried to win TS2 fans making them believe TS4 was for them but giving them a half baked version of what the game was (is). There is nothing in TS4 that were in TS2 and not in TS3, the old features TS2 lovers were missing in TS3 have not returned, they have cut a lot of the new features TS3 brought and have implemented RPG goal oriented ones to fullfill the blanks, there are so many TS2 lovers disappointed as TS3 lovers, they have a hard task before them trying to get their fan base again (IMO).
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    I do not agree with those who say that TS4 is 2.5, TS2 is way better than TS4, may be the garphic style is new and prettier (?) but there is a huge lot of features, interactions and animations missing, so I would say they have skiped TS3 and tried to win TS2 fans making them believe TS4 was for them but giving them a half baked version of what the game was (is). There is nothing in TS4 that were in TS2 and not in TS3, the old features TS2 lovers were missing in TS3 have not returned, they have cut a lot of the new features TS3 brought and have implemented RPG goal oriented ones to fullfill the blanks, there are so many TS2 lovers disappointed as TS3 lovers, they have a hard task before them trying to get their fan base again (IMO).

Thank you, someone had to say it. This game isn't even in the same class as the TS2. Yes, it has quirky Sims like the TS2 however, they are all the same. I would never see a serious Sim laughing to themselves in the TS2. Nope, he/she would be scratching her head, thinking, seriously enjoying a newspaper rather than sitting at the table stopping eating to laugh to themselves. This game isn't the TS2. And I really wish players wouldn't compare it to the TS2. Even the rotational play isn't quite the TS2. Or my Sims would not all be fat when I return. That's left overs from the TS3 SP. It's a hybrid of the Sims Free to Play 'quests' and or the TS2 console game mixed with some TS3 elements, but never a remake of the actual TS2 for PC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I loved TS3 straight out of the base game box...and continued to be surprised and excited at what was added latter. What I do not like about TS4 (the graphics and animation) cannot be changed even in future additions. For me, there is no way that TS4 will be great. It just doesn't have what I am looking for in a The Sims game. I am sure there is potential for those that enjoy TS4 now for the game to get better.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,228 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    It is not better then sims 1-Sims 3 base games yet. That is why people are bored with it and going back to past games. I have never been bored with a base game until now.

That's why I still have 3 installed. Sims 4 is a completely diffrent game from 3...
    junceda wrote: »
    MiataPlay wrote: »

Can you imagine diving for conch shells in the sims 4! ....or Surfing! :o

NO that will never happen in the way we want it!

I said imagine...can't blame a girl for dreaming....never say never these options have been available in the past series. :)
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    I don't think so. There is the potential for The Sims 4 to be better, but I think I may have lost some trust in EA to develop it properly. The last few expansions of The Sims 3 were just impossible to play without bugs/lags. The other problem is that EA is really good in knowing what they want, but are struggling to give the proper environment for the particular setting (Sims 3 University was very unrealistic, especially the dorms that all looked alike and were way too big and luxurious, for example).

There is potential. But leave out the bugs (or fix them), and give a realistic representation of the real world. If The Sims 4 follows the line of The Sims 2, then yes it will be the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top