Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will the sims 4 be better than 3 in 5 years?

Comments

• Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    Sims 4 is 10 times better than Sims 3.

sims 4 is good but its not better than the sims 3 (yet)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

Not yet ,We'll see where it stands after a few EPs .
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Danyhaas wrote: »

sims 4 is good but its not better than the sims 3 (yet)

Haha whys that Dany? :)
    Did you like open worlds and casT?
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I think once some expansion packs are in it will be more of an overall success. For me the sims 4 base game is already better then sims 3 base game. Then again I wasn't the biggest fan of sims 3 lol, I like sims 3 but I was never in love with it. I like that sims 4 is geared a little more towards sims 2, and hopefully sims 2 version toddlers make it in as well.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is not better then sims 1-Sims 3 base games yet. That is why people are bored with it and going back to past games. I have never been bored with a base game until now.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    It is not better then sims 1-Sims 3 base games yet. That is why people are bored with it and going back to past games. I have never been bored with a base game until now.

I'm not bored with sims 4 yet myself, I did get bored of sims 3 long before sims 4 was out lol. I didn't go back to past games. I play both sims 4 and sims 2 which is what I see most people say that they are playing two game versions. I play a variety of games at once. For example I am also playing Dragon Age, and Child Of Light too. :)
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    Unless the world opens and the loading screens go away then I cant see it being better than the previous sims game.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    yesme88 wrote: »
    Unless the world opens and the loading screens go away then I cant see it being better than the previous sims game.

^THIS!^

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    IMO, you may as well ask if the birthday cake you have in 5 years will taste better than the one from your birthday this year. There's really no way to know, thus it's pretty much a dead-end question. Just IMO, of course. YMMV and all that.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Well depending on the sales I hope the developers don't just give up......
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    in 5 years, "sims 4: yep, another loading screen" will be "sims 5: oops, we're really, really sorry about sims 4."
  • Options
    ClattieClattie Posts: 39 Member
    I hope it will be better. It has the potential to be better, but we'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't care about an open world or loading screens. What matters to me is fixing the emotions and the bugs with aging and randomization of townies, and adding more careers, life stages, and family trees. Then, I think The Sims 4 could begin to be a great game. Until then, I'm still playing the Sims 2, and waiting patiently for 4 to live up to its potential.
  • Options
    sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    for me no... I am way more into the creation aspect and ts4 (supposedly) will never satisfy those needs that I have... I imagine I can bump it from 6.5/10 to 8/10 in the future... but It will not really be able to beat that creativity TS3 gave me, and other players with the mindset such as my own. CASt, Color wheel, world editor+open world.... I really could spend months just making worlds non stop.. However, I just don't think that TS4 was meant for a player like me.
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    in 5 years, "sims 4: yep, another loading screen" will be "sims 5: oops, we're really, really sorry about sims 4."

lol, sad but it could happen...for me itll be more like "Sims 5 : oops, im really really sorry i didn't buy your game"
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I think sims 4 was made with a MUCH narrower group of players in mind. I think that's why we get some people who are so enamoured with it and those of us who are intensely disappointed. I love that some of you love 4-and hopefully with a lot of work it will become the game for everyone!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,924 Member
    More than likely. Sims3 never lived up to its potential. The only reason I play sims3 is for the Supernatural Ep and horses. All the others were disappointing in my opinion.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I think sims 4 was made with a MUCH narrower group of players in mind. I think that's why we get some people who are so enamoured with it and those of us who are intensely disappointed. I love that some of you love 4-and hopefully with a lot of work it will become the game for everyone!

I totally disagree with that. I think the problem is the opposite, that trying to appeal to everyone makes it a jack of all trades master of none.

• Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I totally disagree with that. I think the problem is the opposite, that trying to appeal to everyone makes it a jack of all trades master of none.

I'd agree a little but then I look at how intensely scripted the tasks are with no choices. I'd say if they were trying to walk a line between the two camps they wouldn't be that narrowly scripted.
    I honestly think they just focused on simmers who blog or use other social media etc and didn't think that a lot of us never do that.
  • Options

Either way, it is just not that good.

• Options
    They have alienated the players, the builders, the storytellers, the movie makers, and CAW builders with this game. What is it called again? Sims 4 Social? Isn't that a casual game?
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited November 2014

I'd agree a little but then I look at how intensely scripted the tasks are with no choices. I'd say if they were trying to walk a line between the two camps they wouldn't be that narrowly scripted.
    I honestly think they just focused on simmers who blog or use other social media etc and didn't think that a lot of us never do that.

Narrowly scripted tasks was a time/money decision IMO. Do you think the gurus put TS4 together for the same compensation per work hour that they put TS3 together? Think about it, of course they didn't. Like anyone else, they demanded more money. At the same time I think EA was determined to spend less on TS4 than they did on TS3. Makes sense, its the 4th installment, Indiana Jones part 4, Alien 4, Jurassic Park 4, ect. "Part 4" usually doesn't fare well in any facet of entertainment so I seriously doubt the incentive to drive up the budget was there.

So you likely have developing hands that want to be paid more and an owning company who wants to pay less. TS4 was bound to suffer.

I will agree on the whole pop culture hipster bit though, that was a mistake.

• Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I remember sims one base game. There was what, like 6 lots and I can't remember if you could even visit anyone. The the EPs added places to go...with loading screens. By the end of it's "life" it was a pretty awesome game for me.

Then sims 2. Base game was a cool upgrade with all the different life stages and the fact that sims died. The EPs made the game even more awesome, but it did start to lag some with all the creatures they added. And it still had loading screens. I loved playing by the end.

Sims 3 base game was an even cooler upgrade, but it did have some issues. Worm baby. I loved my sims could explore the world. The EPs made the game a lot more fun, but also a lot more laggy. And then the fact that it was an open world and it had to keep track of everything going on, whether or not I was even watching what Bob and Bobette were doing. Or the deer that had to track across the whole world for no reason taking up my pc resources, or the fact everyone was at the park instead of the bar my sim went to, or that only 2 people came to watch my sim perform. By the end I was only building things because game play was to buggy and laggy. But I did enjoy it now and again.

Sims 4 so far is fun. I do miss the CASt feature, and start to feel like all house look the same inside because we are limited to what colors and decor we have. But the game play is mostly fun. I am hoping it gets better as time goes on. I have a few complaints but nothing major.

I just feel each was fun in it's own way. And I hope they continue to expand on 4.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options

Narrowly scripted tasks was a time/money decision IMO. Do you think the gurus put TS4 together for the same compensation per work hour that they put TS3 together? Think about it, of course they didn't. Like anyone else, they demanded more money. At the same time I think EA was determined to spend less on TS4 than they did on TS3. Makes sense, its the 4th installment, Indiana Jones part 4, Alien 4, Jurassic Park 4, ect. "Part 4" usually doesn't fare well in any facet of entertainment so I seriously doubt the incentive to drive up the budget was there.

So you likely have developing hands that want to be paid more and an owning company who wants to pay less. TS4 was bound to suffer.

I will agree on the whole pop culture hipster bit though, that was a mistake.

Oh yeah I totally agree the budget for sims 4 was obviously poor in terms of investment and time. It really shows sadly and it really annoys me given the absolute fortune we've all forked out for eps/stuff packs and DLC. Personally I think we deserve quality and often they dismiss us because there's a culture that sims isn't a serious game. It's plenty serious for a lot of us in the way we invest in it.

• Options
    The funny thing is that you think they would want it to do well. The sims games in the past have proven to be money makers. I am sure they made a profit on sims 3. The store is still going.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The funny thing is that you think they would want it to do well. The sims games in the past have proven to be money makers. I am sure they made a profit on sims 3. The store is still going.

I think it's obvious it was a gold mine! I know, that's what annoys me most. I understand they want to make as much profit as possible but scrimping on development won't make it the amazing game it needs to be to lure people away from previous games.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top