Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will the sims 4 be better than 3 in 5 years?

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Danyhaas wrote: »
    will the sims 4 be better than 3 in 5 years?
    The game is currently in überbugged state. Every new update introduces new bugs, there are not enough bugfixes in the meantime and we're getting careeers update soon.

The second thing is outdated graphics. For any of you who believe it's the "style"... Get some other games released this year and compare if you can't believe my word on it. In 3 years this graphics will feel even worse.
    I can understand EA trying to make the game playable even on toasters, but why should Sims game fall into category of sad phonegames? Games are luxury. Make them look spectacular then, not pretend that rubbish is a style. One man's trash is another man's treasure, well, yes, but that's pawn shops' job, not game developers!

The third and probably the most important one is code optimization.
    Sims 4 is so unbelievably unoptimized. There is a memory leak (multiplying buffs endlessly without clearing them from memory), inventory system is copypasted from Sims 3 without bothering with glitches it causes (microfreezes, stutters or deadlocks even crashes in family split/merge) and similar stuff.

Will Sims 4 be better eventually? Depends what will EA fund. Will more money go into QA or in stuff packs.
    In the meantime, all we can hope for is the competition. Because only if another developer makes a similar game, EA will warm chairs and make the game better.

• Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    No.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, it's too much of a novelty and those never last. Too much focus on bringing the novelty to life, and not enough focus on other things just as important. I would dare say after this first year, people will be whining and complaining and joining the rest of us who already are tired of the whims in their face 24/7, front and center, the emotions spamming like no tomorrow, and same lot placements in the same tiny worlds, no matter how many worlds they have, and or the redundant chores of the careers, over and over for every Sim placed in those careers, and even the multitasking. When the 'new' wears off for the rest of those still playing the multitasking will become just as bothersome in some situations as it has already become for others the first week or month.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    Only time will tell. This game has great potential but we need to see what the first few EPS will be. I have a feeling if toddlers, family tree do not make a come back many people will stop playing. I think for some it is lack of open world. While I personally had no issues with TS3 I do think that too many people wanted bigger lots, bigger world and when they got them they started to have issues with the game. I don't mind the loading screens but I dislike having a loading screen when my sims goes next door. I think it would have been better if they had open neighborhoods. Just my opinion and two cents.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes providing EA take advantage of the new technology as it emerges and actually consults with the customer as to what they want to play.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    If they bring back Cast and open world then it may have a chance of being better.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    It goes without say that this all comes down to a matter of opinion and personal preference.

I will probably enjoy TS4 more in 5 years than I will TS3, only because I already can't imagine going back to TS3.
    But who knows - we might just get a string of Katy Perry EPs and new features like "Have your Sim call your tax attourney on the phone" and "Make your Sim examine ceiling tiles,"
    I haven't had much faith in EA the last few days.
  • Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    If they bring back Cast and open world then it may have a chance of being better.

the game will never be an open world the simgurus said that
  • Options
    Danyhaas wrote: »

the game will never be an open world the simgurus said that
    Not gonna lie, I ain't even mad.
  • Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes. #nuffsaid
  • Options
    looksolooksolooksolookso Posts: 58 Member
    I guess yes. Because for me TS3 EP isn't that much interesting or outstanding. It's kinda like pretending to be everything but The Sims. It has lots of things to do but also is messy and has lost it's unique. And TS4 seems to gain that back. I guess TS4 expansion must be more interesting. Even if for now TS4 is kinda boring and lack of things to do. But in 5 years, when EP is released, I believe it would be better than TS3 that time.
    1274306.large.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    5 years from now would be the smartest time to buy it all up.
    I am willing to wait to see how the game evolves. The base game has some really nice features, but it's not enough to hold my interest.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    5 years from now some of us will also die.
    While this sounds morbid, I just want to say some things shouldn't be saved for later.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    While this sounds morbid, I just want to say some things shouldn't be saved for later.

If I knew I was going to die in 5 years, I wouldn't spend it playing The Sims.
    I am not a true simmer. ;)

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

I think that's my favorite thing I've ever read from you on this form.
    I like that kinda thinking.
    If I knew I was going to die in 5 years, I wouldn't spend it playing The Sims.
    but LOL.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,359 Member
    Well I finally cracked and got it last night. I'v played all the versions of this game so I knew I would be playing 4 eventually. I'v only played for a couple hours and I do enjoy how different this game is from all the other sims series. It dose remind me of sims 2. In time....this could be a good game;however I don't know about it being the best one. Details are what excite me and this version of the sims is packed full with them! I Still love my sims 3 and play it way more-it's nice to have both installed. I do appreciate this game for what it is, but I am not happy that so much was left out of the base. Everything I want in the sims 4 is already in my sims 3 game. It's sad to have to buy all the same features again. All I can say is the expansion packs better be amazing and out do all sims 3 ep's-no exceptions. (*) :D
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    Even the Sims 3 Plumbobs are more beautiful than Sims 4 Plumbobs.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,359 Member
    I have no idea. At launch, I thought TS3 could never live up to TS2. At Island Paradise's launch, I barely remembered TS2.

Can you imagine diving for conch shells in the sims 4! ....or Surfing! :o

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Depends on what they do with the worlds. The worlds as they are now are not as good as sims3.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    for me it's a no due to the lack of open world for example i loved being able to see the whole town covered in snow or the ability to take a dog for a walk across the town and whilst they are walking there switch to a sim somewhere else and not have a load screen while doing that

plus i remember how much load screens increased with sims 2 as more expansions came out and if sims 4 goes the same path it will be frustrating
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2014
    I saw that one of the Guru's said that there would not be a sims 5 if sims 4 was not successful. What made him say that, I don't know. Not exactly the best thing to say, especially when you are trying to sell a new game.

Will this game be better then sims 3 in 5 years? No idea.

In the sims 3 base game the sims themselves were rather pudding faced, but that improved over time. You had fun in the base game exploring the open world and using the new tools. Some of the rabbit holes were a bit disappointing because I like to see what my sims are doing. I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way. The game itself became better as a whole because of all the things that were added to the game. However with that, also came bugs and routing issues. I wasn't really effected by this to badly, but others were.

In sims 4 base game it is more of a problem. It is missing a few things that make it fun and interesting for a lot of people. Toddlers, a color tool, the police, the fireman, the burglar, a nanny, the social worker, a family tree, your free will to play the game your way that you want without penalty, etc. This is a simulation sandbox god game. Not a RPG linear game. That makes it boring because you have to do everything the same way, with every sims every time, to complete a career goal. There is no variety. That equals to redundant as well as boring. People also like things to match in CAS and Build/Buy. The tools are good. The color choices not so much. You also find are self missing things like burglars, and cops, the nanny, the social worker, the paperboy, and the fireman. I do like the new updated Grimm though. And even the Smart AI needs work. In yesterdays Twitch broadcast mom did not seem particularly bothered or even interested that the hubby and kids were drowning or drowned. No grief spotted there for this. Only the boy showed any grief when he got next to the tombstone of his father. Also I am not sure why we need to have loading screens to visit your next door neighbor. These are not a whine or a moan. These are truths.

Can it be improved? Absolutely. But you have to understand who your players are and what they want in the game.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    MearasMearas Posts: 27 Member
    Given the performance issues I had with Sims 3 - lagging, freezing, stuttering, inch-by-inch play time, THIRTY MINUTES to load the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game, Sims 4 already blows Sims 3 out of the park for me.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Mearas wrote: »
    Given the performance issues I had with Sims 3 - lagging, freezing, stuttering, inch-by-inch play time, THIRTY MINUTES to load the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game, Sims 4 already blows Sims 3 out of the park for me.

I agree that sims 3 gave people a lot of trouble. I am glad that this game is working better for you. Unfortunately this one is buggy for some too.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Mearas wrote: »

I agree that sims 3 gave people a lot of trouble. I am glad that this game is working better for you. Unfortunately this one is buggy for some too.

Me! Sims 3 works wonderfully, sims 4 is so buggy for me :-(
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Sims 4 is 10 times better than Sims 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top