Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winners Announced! ♦Fabulous Foundations♦ Come and look at the wonderful entries:-)

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2014
    @NinjaPanda, such pretty inspiration pictures you found! I love the detailing over the windows. Great layout and such pretty colors. Those flowers accent the home beautifully. And I am so glad you got your art work all done and ready for tomorrow's critique.

@SilvaKristiina, I see you finished yours too. It's gorgeous. Really nice landscaping. The clutter in the attic... oh, my! Love the rainbow shot.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Elm Valley Lane is a very nice Victorian home! @Silvakristiina :) Very nice exterior design of the house! The roofing and towers look great! It looks so very nice how you have done the flowers and plants in the outdoors areas of the build! The playhouse looks very nice! Child sims will have fun playing in the sandpit and on the swings. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden pots. The rainbow in the picture looks very pretty! Very nice gazebo! Sims will enjoy sitting and resting on the seats in the gazebo, enjoying being outdoors in the air. Very nice upper balconies! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers there in the sunshine, and enjoying the nice views. Nice hives nook area for sims to enjoy harvesting honey there. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the home. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the exterior. Great layout of the interior levels of the home!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited October 2014
    Thank you @ciane and @rosemow :) I'm just glad that it's done now, I got so frustrated with it. The rainbow was accidental :D I have not even known about them before building this house! Maybe it's only in Hidden Springs? Actually there were two of them. I sent the lot to @whatsociallife 's email, fingers crossed that it works :D Rest of the research will be done tomorrow, now I'm of to bed :) Ah, a big stone is now off from my shoulders... Made it, almost in time ;D
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    and we're closed. I shall update the entry page during the day and get started on judging. Some wonderful entries so everyone should be congratulated :D
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Good luck on the judging :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    Great entries. Good luck to all.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    Well done everyone with your creations! Such wonderful builds, and I absolutely love how different the entries are. Which I imagine will make it even harder to judge! Good luck all and hope you have fun judging these @whatsociallife :)
  • Options
    NinjaPandaNinjaPanda Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks for all the great comments! Good luck to everyone!!!! =)
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I got everybody rec'd that had a forum link! The awesome creativity that was built on one little foundation is remarkable. I'm so impressed!
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Thanks to all who recommended me! Very much appreciated!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I just went through all the entries and I am amazed at all the different styles of architecture that were chosen. It's fun to read the research and learn the elements of each style.

I also gave each one (those that are on the exchange) a great big REC!

Good luck to everyone, whatsociallife has a tough task ahead to choose a winner!
  • Options
    It's been a very quiet day in here. Guess what @ciane, I got my Launcher working with your advice! :) I now have to solve how I can get it working with the original The Sims 3 file where everything is, nothing worked so far... I started the game without any CC, it wasn't significally faster but now it would be easier to build competition houses with no extra clutter blocking the game. Something strange happened though... I lost all my intrest to the game :O I tried my new stuff and wanted to build a cute house with them and the CC I had, and 'cause I couldn't, I tried focusing on new competition buildings. After loading a suitable lot, I quit the game o.O

@whatsociallife: And now that I've seen my game without any CC in it, I noticed, that I used a CC baby changing table in my entry house! :S I didn't know where it was from, but it was in Finnish like no other CC, so I tought that it may have been from some Store World. It seems like Store content but it wasn't there now...
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    It's been a very quiet day in here. Guess what @ciane, I got my Launcher working with your advice! :) I now have to solve how I can get it working with the original The Sims 3 file where everything is, nothing worked so far... I started the game without any CC, it wasn't significally faster but now it would be easier to build competition houses with no extra clutter blocking the game. Something strange happened though... I lost all my intrest to the game :O I tried my new stuff and wanted to build a cute house with them and the CC I had, and 'cause I couldn't, I tried focusing on new competition buildings. After loading a suitable lot, I quit the game o.O

@whatsociallife: And now that I've seen my game without any CC in it, I noticed, that I used a CC baby changing table in my entry house! :S I didn't know where it was from, but it was in Finnish like no other CC, so I tought that it may have been from some Store World. It seems like Store content but it wasn't there now...

Not this?
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    Yay, @SilvaKristiina, I am glad your game is working with a new Sims 3 folder. You can now try to copy stuff over from the old folder to the new one, but keep in mind that some of the old stuff might be corrupt and caused the problem you had last time.

When I make a new folder, I copy in my dccache, installed worlds, and world cache folders as well as the ccmerged file in the dcbackup folder. Apparently there are also some library files you need to copy over for venues (but I never play the venues; I just use the stuff from them, so I have never bothered with them). If you exported sims and builds, you'll find them in your old export folder and simply double click on them to install them in your game or copy them to your downloads folder and install them. You can also try copying in some of saved games from the save folder, but know again that they may be corrupt.

Let me know if I can help anymore than that.
  • Options
    Thank you @ciane :) I'm more keen on my old save, as there's all the stories I'm writing and the CC I already had, even though they can be downloaded again over the time... I have my sims and lots exported, because I want to clean up the computer, but I've heard there might be a problem with the CC in them, that all of them may no show in a game where those CC aren't installed. Of course this is way of the subject now
    :D

Yes, @Sweet2, it is that. And now I'm sure that what I have in game is some sort of a really good working copy of it, for I have never purchased anything from the Store :S I did not even know it was possible to copy Store items but now I have it in my game. The most weirdest part is, that I wouldn't have downloaded a baby changing station, because I don't need it. This was the first time I ever used it, the only time that I really shouldn't :P Maybe it came from a baby themed package of CC. Now EA will ban me from this forum... xP
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    When I checked it in custard it did show something up but I couldn't tell what it was. I know there are ways of getting store items which aren't legit but when you share your builds they still show as CC so you must have accidentally done this. I haven't quite finished judging and as yours was last if you want to send me the sims3pack without the baby table then I can still judge it? It may be that cc which stopped you uploading to the exchange? Good luck with it :smiley:
  • Options
    I will do that @whatsociallife! :) I'm not home atm. but I'll try to upload it to Exchange as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I wondered about that old time stove in the kitchen too, @SilvaKristiina.

Store items install in a dccache file and make a backup in dcbackup folder. That dcbackup file is the same format as cc that is just dropped into your mods>packages folder. So if someone had it in their packages folder, it would share the same way as other cc. It could be uploaded with a house or in the inventory of a household.

CC in game will often have the store icon and be deletable in-game.

If your export files have cc attached that was in your old mods>packages folder and you if you do NOT have a mods folder in your new Sims 3 folder, I wonder if the cc would just be replaced when reinstalled. There are a few things you can try.

FIRST, copy your Sims 3 folder before adding in anything from the old folder and save it to a safe location.
    Then, try installing your sims and build and see if they install and if they create backup files in your dcbackup folder that you can move out. Make sure your mods>packages folder has no cc in it as well before loading your game.

See if you have your sims and build in game.

You can then try the same with your save. Good luck!

Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hihii, I got it working and I even got it uploaded to Exhange now that the Launcher's working! :) And my, there were more surprises that I expected... The doors were wrong, playhouses fence was wrong, ivys were turned into floating trains, painting easel was disappereared and so was pictures from their frames... But the stove was in it's place :)

And here's the link to it! thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8484306
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    Oh no, I just realized as I wached the house in the Exhange, that it's not on a 30x30 lot! :S
  • Options
    Never frame pictures you want to share in an upload. They just will NOT transfer after being framed. Leave them unframed and they'll transfer okay.

Glad you got it all working now.
  • Options
    Oh no, I just realized as I wached the house in the Exhange, that it's not on a 30x30 lot! :S

Ooops!

• Options
    @ciane, I'm sorry but what do you mean by framing? :3 I didn't upload any pics to go with it, more simple that way and the screenshots are now in the other file that's not on the Launcher... :D I will (re-)re-upload it after sauna ;)
  • Options
    When your sims paint pictures in game, the paintings will NOT transfer if they have been framed first. You have to keep them unframed. That is the pictures I thought you meant.

If you want to upload your old screenshots, you can upload them a site like photobucket from the old folder. Otherwise, copy over just the ones you want to upload to your studio. :smile:

Good luck re-re-uploading. I am sure it will be good next time though you might have to rename it to make sure you get the right one.