May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to notice the details

I am playing a lot. I'm loving it a lot. I am starting to slow down on they way I control the sims b/c they are doing so many cute things on their own. Like blowing kisses at each other. Talking together while one is fixing dinner, the other is sitting at the counter chatting with him. If I send one to go grab something out of the refrigerator to eat, one of the others who is hungry will also go and get something, then the two will eat together without my help.

I've been noticing a lot of things like this, now I wish I wrote them down b/c I can't remember them all so we can talk about them. What little details are you noticing that you either hadn't seen in a sims game before, or for a long time? (as in not since t2). The more I play this new game, the more I appreciate all the complaining I and many others did about t3 and how it fell short to our expectations, b/c I'm seeing many of the things fixed that we were unhappy with in 3.

Thank you maxis! You really are doing a really great job.

Just needed to say that....and toddlers? Like in t2? ;)
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2014
    Me too! Isn't it so cool how the in-depth gameplay builds as you are playing? Everyday my sims are interacting more on their own and more drama evolving!
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Yeah, I like when the parents go and hug their children all by themselves, very cute :)
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Yes lots of attention to detail in TS4 that's for sure. I laughed so hard the first time my sim made a salad and stuck his finger in his ear mid way then proceeded to mix the salad with his hands. So gross but funny none the less. I see you ended with the magical words to my ears TODDLERS! Kudos to EA, but I need my tots. :)
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Haha, I love your comments. The only thing I disagree with is toddlers, but that's because I'm a very weird person. I know that so many people want toddlers back, and I do hope that they put them in for you guys. But it's actually my least favorite age of sims, because they are way too whiny and screamy for me. Again, just me, and I'm a weirdo! I still want everyone to be able to get the things that they really want though.

But yeah, I've actually been pleased with Maxis' efforts, and not quite as pleased with EA's forcing their hand on release dates and such. If Maxis had the kind of budget EA had to dedicate to the game on their own and could split off of EA... I can only imagine the kind of gaming experience we would have.

HEY! DarkSlayer! I didn't recognize you with your new avi! Hi! Oh! Can you imagine if EA wasn't pressing them so badly!? What a game we'd have. To each his own about toddlers, lol. You know, I never really cared about them one way or the other once the initial "newness" wore off back in t2. In t3 I rushed through them b/c they were not at all fun. But now that we don't have them at all? Well suddenly I'm all about toddlers, lol. Go figure.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I've said it before. These sims have so much personality. Sometimes, I don't even play with a sim in a household. I just let them be. They take care of themselves well. They socialize. They love to dance and chat with eachother, and I do love those little kisses they blow at eachother. One couple is a slob and a neat sim. When the slob grabs food from the fridge, he eats at the counter and the neat one joins him. When the neat one eats at the table, the slob will take his food to the table. They love to be together.

Another couple has a huge family and the kids and teens love to chat with each other and goof around with each other. The mother and father are adorable with the way they interact with eachother and the family. I really do feel they did do a good job with this game. It's the most entertaining Sims game I've played so far.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    So many little things.... Like having a child sim kill a clown by enraging it. Or pickpocketing the Grim Reaper. I love having teen sims sit down with their parents for the woohoo talk. I love seeing townies strolling down the street outside having conversations. I love how they can autonomously watch TV and talk, and eat. I love when they sit down at the card table to have a chat and then start playing cards because they're there.

Some things I don't love, like how Bro Sims will create drinks at bars every chance they get and then leave them, or how visitors will use the observatory until it breaks. But the best moments outweigh the bad.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    JaciJade wrote: »
    Yes lots of attention to detail in TS4 that's for sure. I laughed so hard the first time my sim made a salad and stuck his finger in his ear mid way then proceeded to mix the salad with his hands. So gross but funny none the less. I see you ended with the magical words to my ears TODDLERS! Kudos to EA, but I need my tots. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I saw that the first time I ever played, but haven't seen it since...but then I don't make them eat salad too often either, maybe that's why. :D
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Haha, I love your comments. The only thing I disagree with is toddlers, but that's because I'm a very weird person. I know that so many people want toddlers back, and I do hope that they put them in for you guys. But it's actually my least favorite age of sims, because they are way too whiny and screamy for me. Again, just me, and I'm a weirdo! I still want everyone to be able to get the things that they really want though.

But yeah, I've actually been pleased with Maxis' efforts, and not quite as pleased with EA's forcing their hand on release dates and such. If Maxis had the kind of budget EA had to dedicate to the game on their own and could split off of EA... I can only imagine the kind of gaming experience we would have.

HEY! DarkSlayer! I didn't recognize you with your new avi! Hi! Oh! Can you imagine if EA wasn't pressing them so badly!? What a game we'd have. To each his own about toddlers, lol. You know, I never really cared about them one way or the other once the initial "newness" wore off back in t2. In t3 I rushed through them b/c they were not at all fun. But now that we don't have them at all? Well suddenly I'm all about toddlers, lol. Go figure.

You might have the wrong Darkslayer. Only because I've had this avatar up since I started posting on the forums here, and there is a "Darkslayer" on these forums too. But I was on the forums for TS3, although I never really was on anywhere near as much as I am on these ones.

Anyhow, yes, I've noticed that even in games we take certain things for granted and don't pay much attention to them, until a new installment comes that doesn't have that in it. I think a lot of people who were against the seamless world game play in TS3 wound up suddenly finding themselves practically horrified that it wasn't implemented in TS4! Funny how things go from being a "negative" to a "positive" when it's no longer there. xD
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I prefer these little touches to the sims in 4 to the open world of the sims

I play for my sims, and I spend most of my play time in the home so these little touches of personality mean more to me than being able to skip across town without a load screen.

I can say that's how I am too. I didn't realize how important the sim behavior was to me until this new game covered all the basis for me. For me, the way they made this game's neighborhood is more open than t2, less than 3. So I'm finding it a good compromise. My loading screens are lightning fast, so they really aren't too intrusive over all. I guess it's something you get used to the more you play it. Plus focusing on the good positive stuff opposed to the negative. That probably has something to do with things too. :)

• Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I totally love the way Townies stroll around the neighborhood, stop to chat or use their cellphones, completely independent of what my own Sims are doing. I also love that I don't see the same Sims in the neighborhood every time. It's fun to take a Sim out walking or jogging because you have no idea who they will run into.

People who think Sims 4 doesn't have an open world -- it does, in its own way. The lots are huge. When you visit the art museum, there is also a garden and a waterside picnic area and walking paths. It isn't just the museum. And there are lots of Sims everywhere to interact with. There are so many wonderful details in the game based around socialization. It is fun that other Sims will walk up and join your Sims' conversation (though it would be nice to be able to dismiss them sometimes). I do miss non-verbal socialization options from Sims 2 that could raise fun, like scissors-paper-rock etc. But what is in the game outweighs what's missing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Simley wrote: »
    I do miss non-verbal socialization options from Sims 2 that could raise fun, like scissors-paper-rock etc.

I found the humour options and the goof around and such for children in S4 raise their fun.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm loving having the sims back. I love the way they just hug old friends on their own, or kiss their partner on their own.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I really have nothing to add - so i will just say - me too - all the above, including hoping for S2 toddlers eventually. But very much enjoying the Sims 4 - so surprising with it just being a base game.
    -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I really have nothing to add - so i will just say - me too - all the above, including hoping for S2 toddlers eventually. But very much enjoying the Sims 4 - so surprising with it just being a base game.
    -

I agree! Base games usually are just that basic and bland without much to do. I have been playing everyday for 3 weeks and haven't done a quarter of what can be done in this game. Really enjoying it and can't wait to see where they go with the EP's!! :)

• Options
    MJ3MJ3 Posts: 32 New Member
    Now that they take care of themselves more efficiently and don't "have" to be micromanaged, AND they don't have to drop everything they're doing to socialize, it's great just sitting back and watching. I realized how much speeding up the game had become a habit for me. I'm playing slower with TS4 because it's so much more fun!
  • Options
    linkster123linkster123 Posts: 148 Member
    edited October 2014
    First thing my Sims did when I started the game was take a selfie. lol

I had to do a double take and was all "did they just. ...really??" and had to laugh. I really like when my Sims flirt like when you do "be enticing" and the other sim blushes and fans their self.
    Origin ID: Sheikus
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    -

Yes to the TS2 toddlers! Maybe even better this time.

• Options
    MJ3 wrote: »
    Now that they take care of themselves more efficiently and don't "have" to be micromanaged, AND they don't have to drop everything they're doing to socialize, it's great just sitting back and watching. I realized how much speeding up the game had become a habit for me. I'm playing slower with TS4 because it's so much more fun!

I've noticed this too. I've completely changed the way I play. This is the first sims game that I have a tendency to play on speed 1. It's also the first one I stay zoomed in on them with. I always played zoomed out so I could manage the entire lot/household. Now I zoom in, watch them, and keep things at an even pace.
  • Options
    Tbh, I never did play on any other speed but 1. I have only ever sped them up if I wanted them to get to the next skill level for something or other. I guess that's why I am so far behind other players in terms of my game play, lol
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I love that none played sims aren't standing outside their homes waiting to be played, In sims4 there getting on with their own lives.
    one of my teen sims was having a bath when her little brother decided to go sit on the loo with his dinner and have a chat, hilarious. She didn't jump out the bath and tell him to go away, she waited until her bath was finished and went and hid under her blankets in shame. lol He wasn't bothered.
    I can go wash up or even take a shower knowing my sims aren't going to starve to death, they may pee on the floor, but they wont starve.lol :p
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I always play slowly - never like speeding them up - and yes like playing close up as well. I liked the epic aging in Sims 3, so I am glad we at least get the long aging as well, as i am never in a hurry for the generations - I like enjoying this generation for as long as I can - especially in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    This is so great to read you all's comments. They make me laugh! Thank you!
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    edited October 2014
    sounds like everyone is starting to see the light. while everyone was complaining ive been enjoying my game. if only the cameras rolled every time i play. if youre looking for weirder stories, my town is weirdo city. theres a homeless man on his way to stardom and an astronaut with 7 kids and counting. first time ive ever played "rotation", first time ive ever wanted to.

starting to realize these sims are like siri, the more you train them to do something the more they do it on their own without being told. kinda creepy when you think about it but im curious to see what happens when you max a sims 4 brain. i observe them more than i control them.

finding many new interactions based on how far with what ever emotion your sim is expriencing. the romance option to "ask about love life" & "gush about partner" when a townie was trying to make my sim cheat on ONE of his girlfriends, [while she lay in the same room asleep] was surprising.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I love that all my sim eat kind of together when they eat some of them eat at weird times. I should probably have a meal schedule LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641