The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to notice the details

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited October 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »

They said the latest patch fixed that so the sim can still go to the gym to shower, etc. That makes it for the sim's house only.

That's awesome. Thank the llama they fixed this. This would be a great addition to a challenge.
    Simley wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single fire yet in Sims 4. Usually the first thing they do is set the kitchen on fire!

I've had two fires. They were the nastiest fires I'd ever seen. Got me a little scared. All turned out well in the end though.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    What if bad emotions (angry, tense) etc. made Sims less likely to attend to their personal needs, or more likely to have accidents like fires, because they're so upset? That would add extra impact to the emotions and give the player more reason to pay attention to everyone in the household.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So I think this is really very personal.
    I don't recall saying it wasn't.
    I must admit by the way I prefer having to decide everything for my sims; I don't want to sit back and watch them do their thing.
    I never said you had to.
    And yesterday I watched my son playing Sims 4 (he likes the game a lot) and to my surprise he was speeding it up all the way.
    Fascinating.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

They said the latest patch fixed that so the sim can still go to the gym to shower, etc. That makes it for the sim's house only.

That's awesome. Thank the llama they fixed this. This would be a great addition to a challenge.
    Simley wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single fire yet in Sims 4. Usually the first thing they do is set the kitchen on fire!

I've had two fires. They were the nastiest fires I'd ever seen. Got me a little scared. All turned out well in the end though.

So far I have had only one fire and it was one of my children on the lab table. No other fires. Didn't they say something about that in the last patch? Yep a grill or cheap stove should work. I will have to go and look at the rules for IBSI but remember some of the asylum.
    As I remember when you made your 8 sims you randomized the traits. Can't do that in TS4 I don't think. (have to check)
    I am pretty sure that when you don't pay the bills both water & elec is turned off. You are right @fullspiral they said they fixed it.
    In IBSI can the sim you control have a job? Asylum you could but you could only go to work no where else. LOL My poor sim would come home so tired and there wouldn't be a bed to sleep in.
    Geez It will be hard to accomplish with TS4 because sims are harder to kill and easier to make happy. Dang cell phones. :\
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Terrylin wrote: »

So far I have had only one fire and it was one of my children on the lab table. No other fires. Didn't they say something about that in the last patch? Yep a grill or cheap stove should work. I will have to go and look at the rules for IBSI but remember some of the asylum.
    As I remember when you made your 8 sims you randomized the traits. Can't do that in TS4 I don't think. (have to check)
    I am pretty sure that when you don't pay the bills both water & elec is turned off. You are right @fullspiral they said they fixed it.
    In IBSI can the sim you control have a job? Asylum you could but you could only go to work no where else. LOL My poor sim would come home so tired and there wouldn't be a bed to sleep in.
    Geez It will be hard to accomplish with TS4 because sims are harder to kill and easier to make happy. Dang cell phones. :\

My fires were with the stove and the Wizard starter set.

I thought we could randomize. That one, I will have to check again. I'm not postitive. However, you could just randomly click.

Awe. I feel your pain. My husband finds S4 a little more frustrating than S2. I find it easier. I think it all pars down to how you play.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I don't bother skilling with books any more. I just let them build their skills naturally now. The only sims that read are my bookworms and a few geniuses.

Mine don't read to skill up, but I have a Sim that is neither a bookworm nor a genius. Who knows why, but I picked the "Nerd Brain" aspiration for her and she is required to read lots and lots of books. But all is not lost...she is hanging in there, bless her little virtual heart! Lol. o:)

• Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    I don't bother skilling with books any more. I just let them build their skills naturally now. The only sims that read are my bookworms and a few geniuses.

Mine don't read to skill up, but I have a Sim that is neither a bookworm nor a genius. Who knows why, but I picked the "Nerd Brain" aspiration for her and she is required to read lots and lots of books. But all is not lost...she is hanging in there, bless her little virtual heart! Lol. o:)

I'm still experimenting with all the aspirations. So far, for children, I like the rambunctious trait the best. They're more fun. There are so many to chose from as far as aspirations and traits go. It may take me some time.
  • Options

My fires were with the stove and the Wizard starter set.

I thought we could randomize. That one, I will have to check again. I'm not postitive. However, you could just randomly click.

Awe. I feel your pain. My husband finds S4 a little more frustrating than S2. I find it easier. I think it all pars down to how you play.

I don't remember if we can randomize traits or not. Having to much fun playing to snoop around in CAS. LOL
    Oh no I don't have any issues playing TS4! I am loving it. I meant hard to make the challenge be as good as TS2. Will probably have to tweak a few of the rules to get it to work right. They have those dang phones so I believe I will cut out the TV. If I remember right they could only have 2 skill things. 5 beds(remove one when someone died) 5 chairs (again remove one when someone died and this included living room seating) as in if you had a 3 person couch you could only have 2 dining chairs etc.. One bathroom with toilet, sink and shower. Bookshelf.
    What else?

• Options
    edited October 2014

I don't remember if we can randomize traits or not. Having to much fun playing to snoop around in CAS. LOL
    Oh no I don't have any issues playing TS4! I am loving it. I meant hard to make the challenge be as good as TS2. Will probably have to tweak a few of the rules to get it to work right. They have those dang phones so I believe I will cut out the TV. If I remember right they could only have 2 skill things. 5 beds(remove one when someone died) 5 chairs (again remove one when someone died and this included living room seating) as in if you had a 3 person couch you could only have 2 dining chairs etc.. One bathroom with toilet, sink and shower. Bookshelf.
    What else?
    Don't forget to make sure they don't have a stereo. They'll flock to it like honeybees on a flower if you remove fun things and leave it behind.
  • Options

I'm still experimenting with all the aspirations. So far, for children, I like the rambunctious trait the best. They're more fun. There are so many to chose from as far as aspirations and traits go. It may take me some time.

Yes! That's the one I picked for my very first child Sim recently. Having a blast with it so far! :D

• Options

Yes! That's the one I picked for my very first child Sim recently. Having a blast with it so far! :D

It's the one trait I was reluctant to chose since I started playing, and now, I have no idea why I kept putting it off. I love that kid.
  • Options

What else?
    Don't forget to make sure they don't have a stereo. They'll flock to it like honeybees on a flower if you remove fun things and leave it behind.

Yep you are right. I think their phone will be enough entertainment. I think the quick meals might be a problem also. I wonder do we need a fridge with the grill? If not then the fridge is out. >:) Geez I hope I don't bore my sim to death! LOL
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hm. I think only having one toilet and one shower. Cheapest and not upgraded. Remove all bookshelves. Stick to all cheap items. No upgrading allowed, and remove all fun things might offer some challenge. I will have to try this in a house of 6 (to allow enough room for 2 offspring).

Then you're getting into asylum rather than IBSI territory. You get to have nice things with an IBSI. It's more like a legacy where you don't control all the sims. My Asylum inmates argued but didn't fight much (though several hated each other). I only had one fire and darned if the sim didn't put it out himself. And I had one person die from embarrassment (which is pretty easy since an asylum gives you 1 toilet, 1 shower/bath and 1 sink for the entire household).

Sims 3 IMO took some of the fun out of asylums, too, since ghosts wouldn't come back and scare sims to death. Things got pretty dicey in an asylum once someone died. Good times.

• Options
    Yep you are right. I think their phone will be enough entertainment. I think the quick meals might be a problem also. I wonder do we need a fridge with the grill? If not then the fridge is out. >:) Geez I hope I don't bore my sim to death! LOL

I don't think we need a fridge. You don't need them at the parks. I'll need to check on this.

Then you're getting into asylum rather than IBSI territory. You get to have nice things with an IBSI. It's more like a legacy where you don't control all the sims. My Asylum inmates argued but didn't fight much (though several hated each other). I only had one fire and darned if the sim didn't put it out himself. And I had one person die from embarrassment (which is pretty easy since an asylum gives you 1 toilet, 1 shower/bath and 1 sink for the entire household).

Sims 3 IMO took some of the fun out of asylums, too, since ghosts wouldn't come back and scare sims to death. Things got pretty dicey in an asylum once someone died. Good times.

What are the main challenges in IBSI?
  • Options
    What else?

Have you ever watched Llandros09's Asylum Challenge on Youtube for Sims 3? He has great fun with it! Mostly follows all the rules, but adds a few quirks, like the Cowplant and Jellybean Bush. Lol. I highly recommend watching his playthrough if you haven't seen it. :)

• Options
    Hm. I think only having one toilet and one shower. Cheapest and not upgraded. Remove all bookshelves. Stick to all cheap items. No upgrading allowed, and remove all fun things might offer some challenge. I will have to try this in a house of 6 (to allow enough room for 2 offspring).

Yep I am thinking of doing the Asylum chaos too. It just didn't work well in TS3 but in TS2 it was so fun. The challenge will be getting it to work in TS4. I saw someone earlier mention the emotions might come into play so it could get interesting. I will be sure to have at least one Hot-Tempered sim in the house. :p

• Options

Yep I am thinking of doing the Asylum chaos too. It just didn't work well in TS3 but in TS2 it was so fun. The challenge will be getting it to work in TS4. I saw someone earlier mention the emotions might come into play so it could get interesting. I will be sure to have at least one Hot-Tempered sim in the house. :p

Ooh. Yes. Angry sims are so fun. It's easy to do once you figure out the system too. But leaving them on their own with nothing to entertain them would be very interesting if the emotions kicked in. I think.
  • Options
    What else?

Have you ever watched Llandros09's Asylum Challenge on Youtube for Sims 3? He has great fun with it! Mostly follows all the rules, but adds a few quirks, like the Cowplant and Jellybean Bush. Lol. I highly recommend watching his playthrough if you haven't seen it. :)

Oh cool! I will look it up tomorrow. Watch it while I sip my coffee. Thanks!
    LOL The jellybean bush is a nice touch! :p
    probably have to tweak the challenge for TS4 also.

• Options

Ooh. Yes. Angry sims are so fun. It's easy to do once you figure out the system too. But leaving them on their own with nothing to entertain them would be very interesting if the emotions kicked in. I think.

LOL you know one emotional lamp per room your choice could wind it up nicely! >:)

• Options
    LOL @windweaver I would like to apologize to you! I am so sorry we took over your thread! :o
    With all of our plotting I just noticed this. I hope you don't mind!? ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

LOL you know one emotional lamp per room your choice could wind it up nicely! >:)

I bet it would.
  • Options
    LOL @windweaver I would like to apologize to you! I am so sorry we took over your thread! :o
    With all of our plotting I just noticed this. I hope you don't mind!? ;)

As long as we stay on topic, it should be safe for the OP. I hope.

I just had to add this, and this is sort of on topic. My rambunctious child just aged up and it was time for me to change households. I'm playing in rotation. My next family has a social butterfly who befriended him. She's still a child. I just sent her to the park to make her fifth friend, and her rambunctious friend (who's now a teen) was there.

He's being such a jerk to the other kids. He's standing there with a horrible tone and sounding like he's belittling them. I know this makes me a horrible person, but I can't stop laughing about it.

I think I might marry them when they're at the same age.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

Almost all of mine were hot-headed or mean, but I didn't know about influencing emotions with items when I played. (The asylum was literally my first attempt at Sims 4 because I figured I could watch a lot of the interactions/gameplay with it.) I made them all insane, too, but that didn't really seem to do anything. Maybe if I made them all loners it would add some tension. My asylums tend to be huge rectangles with no real hiding spots except for a bath separate from the toilet.

• Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Terrylin wrote: »
    Me too! Isn't it so cool how the in-depth gameplay builds as you are playing? Everyday my sims are interacting more on their own and more drama evolving!

Hi :mrgreen:

What kind of Drama are they getting into on their own? I'm very curious because I'm such a control freak player.... :)

I never know what they are going to do when I am not looking.

Sleeping.jpg
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah I was kinda wondering about all this challenge stuff. I don't really see how it relates to the details in this new game, but maybe since I don't play with those, I don't see the connection.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8