The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to notice the details

Comments

• Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    I love that all my sim eat kind of together when they eat some of them eat at weird times. I should probably have a meal schedule LOL
    thats what im working on. a schedule.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Terrylin wrote: »
    Me too! Isn't it so cool how the in-depth gameplay builds as you are playing? Everyday my sims are interacting more on their own and more drama evolving!

Hi :mrgreen:

What kind of Drama are they getting into on their own? I'm very curious because I'm such a control freak player.... :)
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    sounds like everyone is starting to see the light. while everyone was complaining ive been enjoying my game. if only the cameras rolled every time i play. if youre looking for weirder stories, my town is weirdo city. theres a homeless man on his way to stardom and an astronaut with 7 kids and counting. first time ive ever played "rotation", first time ive ever wanted to.

starting to realize these sims are like siri, the more you train them to do something the more they do it on their own without being told. kinda creepy when you think about it but im curious to see what happens when you max a sims 4 brain. i observe them more than i control them.

finding many new interactions based on how far with what ever emotion your sim is expriencing. the romance option to "ask about love life" & "gush about partner" when a townie was trying to make my sim cheat on ONE of his girlfriends, [while she lay in the same room asleep] was surprising.

Exactly!! The sims learn and improve everyday doing more and more on their own.
    I think it is really sad those who only tried the game for 24 hrs and demanded a refund. I was very frustrated the first 24 hrs working on learning the new controls not to mention the tutorial. :\ By the end of the first week I was so enthralled with my sims I couldn't stop playing just to see what they would do next on their own. :)
    I just don't see how anyone could judge this game in 24 hrs. I see why EA wouldn't let reviewers have it. IMHO It was because you have to play for at lest 2-3 days to actually see how in-depth your sims are!

• Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    ^ You have to play longer than that! I'm still finding new things after playing for almost a month.
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    sounds like everyone is starting to see the light. while everyone was complaining ive been enjoying my game. if only the cameras rolled every time i play. if youre looking for weirder stories, my town is weirdo city. theres a homeless man on his way to stardom and an astronaut with 7 kids and counting. first time ive ever played "rotation", first time ive ever wanted to.

starting to realize these sims are like siri, the more you train them to do something the more they do it on their own without being told. kinda creepy when you think about it but im curious to see what happens when you max a sims 4 brain. i observe them more than i control them.

finding many new interactions based on how far with what ever emotion your sim is expriencing. the romance option to "ask about love life" & "gush about partner" when a townie was trying to make my sim cheat on ONE of his girlfriends, [while she lay in the same room asleep] was surprising.

I think it is really sad those who only tried the game for 24 hrs and demanded a refund. I was very frustrated the first 24 hrs working on learning the new controls not to mention the tutorial. :\ By the end of the first week I was so enthralled with my sims I couldn't stop playing just to see what they would do next on their own. :)
    I just don't see how anyone could judge this game in 24 hrs. I see why EA wouldn't let reviewers have it. IMHO It was because you have to play for at lest 2-3 days to actually see how in-depth your sims are!
    im currently at 210 hours. thinking about it, LOL, i seriously havent missed a day since i bought it.

free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options

im currently at 210 hours. thinking about it, LOL, i seriously havent missed a day since i bought it.

LOL Mine isn't right. The patch before last reset my counter to 3 hrs and it has been wrong ever since. It could be because I never play online I am not sure! I do know that I have played for at least 5 days a week 4-8 hrs a day for the last 3 1/2 weeks at least.

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Me too! Isn't it so cool how the in-depth gameplay builds as you are playing? Everyday my sims are interacting more on their own and more drama evolving!

What kind of Drama are they getting into on their own? I'm very curious because I'm such a control freak player.... :)

Hey! I'm still trying to train myself not to be such a control freak. As I said, I'm slowing down with it, lol, but certainly not giving it all to them.

You know? the other day I was playing one of my sims and had to go let my dogs out (RL) when I came back my sim and Mortimer Goth had the hots for each other, both guys. I was surprised b/c I had my sim sleeszing around town having lots of girlfriends. It just struck me as funny and totally unexpected, lol. My plan was to get Bella with child by my sim and watch the drama unfold. I never did get that far, I felt guilty and deleted the family that he had gotten involved with. The other one was a townie and I couldn't reach her, as she had no house to live in. But later found her on the "Manage households" thing. So I plunked her down with her baby in a small house and played the two here and there. Now I learned how....Thank you Graham for the twitch the other day....to split up the mother and son. So now the boy lives with his Dad and my avi. They just had a baby too! Boy is she ever beautiful. So, I now have two couples, sims that started out as singles and I played them that way for quite a while.

This game is much more like The Sims 2, at least the way I play it, then it is 3, in that the way the sims act and the way the whole thing plays out.

As time goes on and I learn how to let them be themselves, I'll let you know about the drama that rolls around :D

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

LOL Mine isn't right. The patch before last reset my counter to 3 hrs and it has been wrong ever since. It could be because I never play online I am not sure! I do know that I have played for at least 5 days a week 4-8 hrs a day for the last 3 1/2 weeks at least.

Where can I find this info? I didn't know we could see how many hours we've played.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    it is nice seeing how many enjoy the little things like I do, I'm looking forward to additions, I really want to see pets with these emotions, and it's been brought up a several times but for story telling I like to see a tense sim in the shower, hanging their head under the stream trying to relax, or a very sad sim sobbing or placing a hand on the shower wall as they hang their head in defeat. Really gets to a softie like me.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited October 2014

Hey! I'm still trying to train myself not to be such a control freak. As I said, I'm slowing down with it, lol, but certainly not giving it all to them.

You know? the other day I was playing one of my sims and had to go let my dogs out (RL) when I came back my sim and Mortimer Goth had the hots for each other, both guys. I was surprised b/c I had my sim sleeszing around town having lots of girlfriends. It just struck me as funny and totally unexpected, lol. My plan was to get Bella with child by my sim and watch the drama unfold. I never did get that far, I felt guilty and deleted the family that he had gotten involved with. The other one was a townie and I couldn't reach her, as she had no house to live in. But later found her on the "Manage households" thing. So I plunked her down with her baby in a small house and played the two here and there. Now I learned how....Thank you Graham for the twitch the other day....to split up the mother and son. So now the boy lives with his Dad and my avi. They just had a baby too! Boy is she ever beautiful. So, I now have two couples, sims that started out as singles and I played them that way for quite a while.

This game is much more like The Sims 2, at least the way I play it, then it is 3, in that the way the sims act and the way the whole thing plays out.

As time goes on and I learn how to let them be themselves, I'll let you know about the drama that rolls around :D

Hi! :)
    I don't play fast to begin with so that wouldn't be a problem. The problem is I don't actually want to watch my Sims lead their lives. I much rather play The Sims then watch the Sims play. I can't watch Let's Plays because it annoys me too much.

I think you have me wrong... I don't not want to be a control freak. It's the way I like to play. I don't mind a twist or a surprise but I don't want the game to play my Sims. It's one reason I didn't like TS3 game play and why I never played rotation in TS3. :(

If this game is about them doing their thing then it's not going to ever be a game for me.

• Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Where can I find this info? I didn't know we could see how many hours we've played.

Open your origin, hover your mouse over the t4 game icon...and there you go! :D

• Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @windweaver, I'm disappointed with the game, but one detail I do like very much is the multitasking. I think that's what they call the details you describe. When I see that, I wonder, why could they not add something great like that onto the good they already had from three different games? Oh, well.

It is pretty cool to see them chatting away. It's even nicer to see an old couple flirt with each other even though neither is feeling flirtatious. It makes it feel like they remember they love one another. The gym is another place that can be a lot of fun because of the little interactions. They even talk a lot in the library. I keep expecting some monster of a librarian to come along and shush them.
  • Options

I don't play fast to begin with so that wouldn't be a problem. The problem is I don't actually want to watch my Sims lead their lives. I much rather play The Sims then watch the Sims play. I can't watch Let's Plays because it annoys me too much.

I think you have me wrong... I don't not want to be a control freak. It's the way I like to play. I don't mind a twist or a surprise but I don't want the game to play my Sims. It's one reason I didn't like TS3 game play and why I never played rotation in TS3. :(

If this game is about them doing their thing then it's not going to ever be a game for me.

It's not really. It's the little things inbetween your commands. Like ts2 was..same thing. I'm telling my sim to go eat, then before I can press the button she blows her husband a kiss. That kind of thing. If you let them go? You just don't know what will happen, lol. So I guess you have to be diligent about the pause button.

• Options
    edited October 2014

You don't have to watch them. I think we're basically saying we no longer feel the need to control them as much as we did in the past. We're actually finding them entertaining. That's how I feel about it. When I first played, I controlled everything. It's very possible to play that way too. I go a little back and forth with how I play with them. I have 4 families in rotation right now.
    windweaver wrote: »

Open your origin, hover your mouse over the t4 game icon...and there you go! :D

Thanks for that. I've only logged 123 hours so far. I think I may not be playing enough. :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited October 2014
    MJ3 wrote: »
    Now that they take care of themselves more efficiently and don't "have" to be micromanaged, AND they don't have to drop everything they're doing to socialize, it's great just sitting back and watching. I realized how much speeding up the game had become a habit for me. I'm playing slower with TS4 because it's so much more fun!

I've noticed this too. I've completely changed the way I play. This is the first sims game that I have a tendency to play on speed 1. It's also the first one I stay zoomed in on them with. I always played zoomed out so I could manage the entire lot/household. Now I zoom in, watch them, and keep things at an even pace.

Yes, I'm zooming in more, and not just for screenshots. I watched my main sim and her daughter (a child) play chess together, and it was very entertaining. The little girl was still grieving from seeing her grandmother die, but she was also really into the chess game, so she had the animations for both. She'd make a move, putting the piece down gingerly like she was afraid it would get taken, and then she'd look sad, but then her mother would make a move, and the little girl would ponder her options. At one point she picked up a piece and hit it against her head. I'm playing an ISBI challenge, and I'm so glad I decided to do that because it gives me the opportunity to see what the sims do on their own (although I still control one). Alexander Goth is my sim's spouse, and while she was pregnant, he decided to gather up all the dishes and do them, even though he had the slob trait. He had the biggest stack I've seen in game yet, and I thought that was so sweet.

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm having so much fun seeing all the details EA/Maxis has added with Sims 4. I've made my own version of Don Lothario & the Calientes too. Don moved in with my test sim, Rita, and they were going to have their first child. I think it's pretty funny and rather accurate that a pregnant sim's bladder motive can suddenly randomly drop, I remember those days when I was pregnant with my kids! Swift kick or headbutt and it's time to run to the bathroom! Plus, the other thing that made me crack up. Rita's using the toilet when Don just walks in and starts talking to her. I could almost hear Rita in my head, "Um, sweetie? Trying to pee here. Give me a minute and we can continue this conversation in the living room." :D
  • Options

LOL Took my sims to the Blue Velvet club and had them dancing when a sim came in mad. My sims were happily dancing but the mad sim had a target and went right up to another sim and looked like they were chatting when all of the sudden a drink was thrown in the mad sims face! :o First time I had seen that in my game. Then it was on fight ensued!! Now my sims did keep dancing even though they looked at the combatants.
    At home drama is my sims will do allot of things autonomously, spouse/partner blowing kisses and each other, parents going and helping kids with homework, parent just get up and going to hug other family member, so much more that I can't remember at the moment. TS2 was my favorite as you know @Rflong7. I will have to say that they have gotten very close to TS2 awareness if not surpassed it with the new emotion driven engine. Where our sims in TS2 had a semblance of emotion as in the would refuse to do something if pushed to far etc... these sims will drop a que when they are not of a mind to do something and surprisingly it isn't that irritating as I thought it would be. More as if they learn and have a mind of their own. Not in the silly repetitive way that the sims have been in previous games have been, they actually will go get a skill book and read it on their own. They tend to do things that are productive not aggravatingly repetitive like playing the guitar until they are exhausted and about to pee themselves. Some are upset with the goal driven jobs and Aspirations but so far in my game 1) they are easy to fill in the course of general gameplay and 2) they do help to guide me to do something I wouldn't normally have done, which helps to help me experience something I might not have gotten to because of the way I play. As far as fulfilling the whims I don't really worry about that for they are only used for satisfaction points but it does again guide you to do something you normally wouldn't in the course of gameplay.
    Some tend to forget that not everyone has been playing the sims since the beginning so guidance is a good thing, even though it isn't required for you to do.
    I really think you would enjoy TS4 @Rflong7!! I haven't really missed anything for I am so engrossed in my sim family and all we have yet to do I don't notice it. I can't wait for the EP that will add dinning out, weather etc... but am very happy so far!

• Options
    Okay, either brain fart or I simply don't know...what is ISBI?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

When you go to Origin My Games hover over TS4 icon and it will tell you how many hours it thinks ;) you have been playing! :)

oops already answered!

• Options
    As far as fulfilling the whims I don't really worry about that for they are only used for satisfaction points but it does again guide you to do something you normally wouldn't in the course of gameplay.
    Some tend to forget that not everyone has been playing the sims since the beginning so guidance is a good thing, even though it isn't required for you to do.

It's funny you say that. I completely forget they're there. I like that there is no consequence for doing so.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I believe I am guilty of thinking you liked the sims being more autonomous. I did let my sims do their own thing at first either. No No Sims run Amok!! EA had trained me well LOL! But I will say it is the little private moment that are loving with either spouse or child that is so fun to watch. The being drawn to each other and enjoying said draw. If mine are spending more time talking than eating you betcha I x out conversation. Yep still some control freak in me! >:)

• Options
    Well said Terrylin
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    The best detail I noticed is when my Sims son came home from school sad and she went in to give him a hug he looked up at her and his bottom lip was quivering. It was such a little thing that if I had been zoomed out I never would have noticed this. Once when one of adult Sims went to bed sad he tossed and turned and whimpered in his sleep. I felt so bad for them that I had to make them both happy again.

I also love when my teen Sim annoys/play fights with his little sister. The looks their on faces are priceless. Sometimes, if she starts to mad at him he will hug her afterward kind of like a "no hard feelings" thing.
  • Options
    The best detail I noticed is when my Sims son came home from school sad and she went in to give him a hug he looked up at her and his bottom lip was quivering. It was such a little thing that if I had been zoomed out I never would have noticed this. Once when one of adult Sims went to bed sad he tossed and turned and whimpered in his sleep. I felt so bad for them that I had to make them both happy again.

I also love when my teen Sim annoys/play fights with his little sister. The looks their on faces are priceless. Sometimes, if she starts to mad at him he will hug her afterward kind of like a "no hard feelings" thing.

Wow, now that you mention it, didn't they say before release that the quivering lip would be in the game? I had forgotten all about that. Now I'm going to specifically watch for that if/when my sims get sad. Thanks for the reminder! :D

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    windweaver wrote: »

Wow, now that you mention it, didn't they say before release that the quivering lip would be in the game? I had forgotten all about that. Now I'm going to specifically watch for that if/when my sims get sad. Thanks for the reminder! :D

I don't remember hearing anything about it before the launch. They probably did say something though. It's so darn cute that you just want to give the little guys a hug lol.