Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 4 End Up Like Sims Medieval?

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

I don't call it a bug. XD

Try reading what I quoted you:

"They advance when they go to work. Every time they go to work, the colorful bar thingy when it goes right,
    my Sim is promoted even without completing the career requirements."

THAT is what I was referring to.

I then mentioned that my sims have to do certain actions to get ahead.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

I don't call it a bug. XD

Try reading what I quoted you:

"They advance when they go to work. Every time they go to work, the colorful bar thingy when it goes right,
    my Sim is promoted even without completing the career requirements."

THAT is what I was referring to.

I then mentioned that my sims have to do certain actions to get ahead.

The performance bar goes right even if my Sims haven't completed any actions/requirements.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Then it has a bigger problem if you are saying your Sim still advances though they didn't fulfill their daily requirements....no failure? again?

But as far as references to TSM, even the wording is the same...Focused, Inspired etc. Along with 'two daily tasks' which was a requirement of the Sim hero (no matter which one) in the TSM for their daily duties for 'their' jobs. How you can't see that boggles my mind. Done been there, bought and paid for TSM years ago...no need to buy another similar game. When they go back to a true life simulator for this game and wash all this other genre out of it, I may reconsider it.

No problems with my game. My sims still advance and I don't mind what so ever. XD

Ohh... Those like moodlet emotion things? Why didn't you say so? I don't consider those emotions, I considered them moodlets. XD

What the? Cinebar never said that, YOU did:

colton147
    5:31PM
    The wishes, aspirations, and requirements do not help with my Sims careers.
    They advance when they go to work. Every time they go to work, the colorful bar thingy when it goes right,
    my Sim is promoted even without completing the career requirements.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

The performance bar goes right even if my Sims haven't completed any actions/requirements.

And that is why I said: "Really. Then your game is buggy wrong."

Because your game should not do that; others games do not do that, it wasn't programmed to do that.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Because your game should not do that; others games do not do that, it wasn't programmed to do that.

I like how it is already. :P
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

I'm still confused... but I also haven't read any of your comments :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Promotions in my game are hard to get too.

They don't get promoted every time they come home. They are promoted perhaps like maybe three-to-five days (with or without completing the requirements).
  • Options
    MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    I want it to end up medieval if i can get that sexy wardrobe. Otherwise, nothing else. Just take the clothes ea, and dump the rest.
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Medieval is one of my favourites sim games ever :T
    I wish they had made more EPs for it.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Medieval is one of my favourites sim games ever :T
    I wish they had made more EPs for it. It is a beautiful and hilarious game.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It's well possible if no one is buying the game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sims Medieval went on being too repetitive with the system of getting things done by doing the same "quest" over and over.
    And instead of just adding about 100 new quests in the expansion so people don't get bored... Only that. Nothing else.
    No. They added "dig treasure 2756358734523 times" achievement.

Of course such game died.

Sadly Sims 4 copied the worst part from it - too much of grinding in many areas.
    In fact this is why I got bored (and annoyed) by S4 so quickly: the repetition.
    I think I could like achievements in a game, even if that means it's less of a sandbox.
    But right from the start I had to do repetitive things. Buy toys (there wasn't a child in the house), buy musical instruments, flirt three times, give five compliments, whatever.
    That's just not the kind of achievements I'm looking for, there's no challenge in that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I still cant stop thinking of Pulp Fiction

"Im gunna get medieval on yer 🐸🐸🐸🐸"

whenever I see medieval

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    hmmm good point tho
    Follow me on Tumblr
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    It's not going to fail, sorry for those haters who just can't stop wishing this game doom. The game is still selling well on the charts. Every time I look on youtube for sims video uploads daily it's always Sims 4 not Sims 2 or Sims 3. As much as the haters gonna hate, there is more than enough people who love this game and will keep it going. Bring on the EP!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    I feel the TSM failed because we wanted what was in that game for our actual sims game. I know for a fact i did not get that or any of EA's stand alone sims games because I wanted those as an ep. Like Castaway Sims was the same thing. If I was offered it as an ep - would have bought them all in a heartbeat - questing or no questing. Many of my friends and I talked about this and many agreed. Of my close simming friends I know of only 4 that bought that game. But being a separate sims game made it as appealing as sour milk in my view. Which is saying a lot seeing i love the medieval time period and love pirates - both of which the game had - it's only problem was it was a separate game and not for MY sims game. Now if they ever made it work with my existing sims game - I'd be first in line to buy it. Just like i bought all stuff packs and eps and store content EA made for all the sims games - i would have gotten that one - but nope they choose to make it a separate game - so i choose to ignor it just as I ignor My Sims games, console games versions (hate consoles period), and any Sims type game that will not work in my playing sims game.

I also do not see Sims 4 failing like people try to say it will seeing it was #1 in UK, Germany, and other countries just on the physical copies alone. We have no clue the numbers of downloaded versions - but I do know a large percentage went the download this time around. But EA is not known to release Origin or other download figures - so guess we won't know the actual figures unless they do. I hardly know anyone in my family now who has not "caved" - even the 5 college students who were adament they would not be getting the game 2 weeks ago, have gotten it - when before they were content to either not getting it period or waiting until Christmas at least. Well - they caved.

ETA -One other thing - EA owns Maxis - Maxis cannot go anywhere because they are part of EA period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well medival well never get interested in this Sims Game so i hope this will not happen to Sims 4.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    No, i don't think so.
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    How have sales been anyway? I haven't seen an estimate?
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    I didn't read all of the previous posts, but the digging for items and harvesting plants is very like TSM. I know collecting was in TS3 too, but whenever I send my Sims out to dig and harvest a lot, it reminds me of the way I played TSM. I can see how work progress is similar to daily tasks in TSM, but I'd never thought of it before. In TSM you had tasks you had to do each day for your job, just like the daily task for TS4. But the games are all Sims games and TSM was meant to feel like a sims game so it's not surprising that they're similar. As far as the OP idea that there would only be on EP, I don't think so. I don't think they'll give up on TS4 that easily.
  • Options
    DianaTheMadDianaTheMad Posts: 38 Member
    The Sims Medieval had so much potential. It's so fun to play, but now they act like it never even existed.
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    I think we will have to wait until the first EP comes out to see what will happen to the Sims4.

bears.gif
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    im so sorry to dissapoint the haters, but no this will not happen to TS4.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    I think we will have to wait until the first EP comes out to see what will happen to the Sims4.

Agree. It's either going to be Wow! So much content and interesting things! Or, Meh...
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2014
    Animastar wrote: »
    I think you are seriously over-estimating how bad this game is if you think it's not going to last past one expansion. It really is a great sims game if you give it a chance. It's just different is all, it's not bad.

Besides, Sims 3 got just as much hate as Sims 4 when it first came out, but it still lived to see a ton of expansions. Sims 4 will too.

Metacritic says otherwise on the 'hate' part. Sims 3 has an aggregate 86% (reviewers) to Sims 4 70%, 7.5 for Sims 3 on user reviews to a 3.7 for Sims 4. Good reviews do not a good game make, but it seems to me that there's quite a bit more hate for Sims 4. Either that, or it's really not that good (or maybe just not better than was Sims 3). I can't say, as I have yet to play it, but I don't like a lot of what I've heard.

I agree, though: it's waayy to early to predict what will happen with Sims 4. EA could fix the glaring issues and create some amazing content. Or not. Time will tell.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg