Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 4 End Up Like Sims Medieval?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    pguida wrote: »

Because it destroys all The Sims could be?

If I want to play repetitive mini-games to unlock achievements, why not pay 1.99 for an iPhone game?

Because all sandbox and detail were overlooked in favor of minigames more suited for cellphones.

Seriously. No one BETA tested this enough to notice weddings are botched and children are left home alone with babies.

But, hey, achievements!

*Barfs*

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

If I want to play repetitive mini-games to unlock achievements, why not pay 1.99 for an iPhone game?

Because all sandbox and detail were overlooked in favor of minigames more suited for cellphones.

Seriously. No one BETA tested this enough to notice weddings are botched and children are left home alone with babies.

But, hey, achievements!

*Barfs*
    Well, I disagree that all of that was overlooked in favor of the achievements/goals but, ok.

*offers pguida a barf bag*
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That is why so many of us see the redundancy and those who don't will say something like...'but you don't have to fill those, and you can play and skip those'...then o.k. why in the heck put them in a sandbox game if the larger fan base hates it and going to skip it anyway? they try to hard to gain every genre player there is out there, and don't stick to what most of us love about The Sims.

Some people do actually like them so it's basically just a matter of having options. For someone who doesn't like to do them, they really don't have to--they can skip them and maintain whatever position, rank or aspiration level they're on or they can cheat through them. For those who do like doing them, they're available. Why would you want to remove something that some people like if it's something you don't HAVE to do?

Because it's not sandbox. ETA: I mean Life Simulator.. It's that simple. You either love sandbox games like The Sims which is a life simulation game, or you really don't and need other genres like linear type game play in there to make up for the fact you (people in general) don't actually love a life simulator. It's that simple to me. It's no in between. A person either loves the life simulator or they tolerate it so they can play linear quests like the Achievements. Mixing genres imho is killing this series. If you don't believe that then look at the numbers for the TSM that is a linear/quest/scripted game. Not that many people loved it. TS4 is a scripted (somewhat more than any other in the series) and not that many people love it. 2+2 = 4. The other genres being thrown into this series is killing it.

All of this! I loved what the sims was not what it has been made into.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options

But, hey, achievements!

*Barfs*
    Well, I disagree that all of that was overlooked in favor of the achievements/goals but, ok.

*offers pguida a barf bag*

Seriously. They forgot family trees. Didn't realise couples didn't move in or change names after marriage. Didn't notice babies and children were left alone with no supervision.

This game has no details (or apparently BETA testing). But, yay, cell-phone-like achievements that kill the spirit of what the franchise stood for, for 14 years.

Hooray!
  • Options
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    It's not going to fail, sorry for those haters who just can't stop wishing this game doom. The game is still selling well on the charts. Every time I look on youtube for sims video uploads daily it's always Sims 4 not Sims 2 or Sims 3. As much as the haters gonna hate, there is more than enough people who love this game and will keep it going. Bring on the EP!

I'm assuming you're here to stir the pot.....

No one here is hating, people are here concerned or worried if TS4 will get one EP and end. And no one here wants that. Since when did wanting a better game make someone a "hater"? Must be hip lingo.... I suppose I have to get in with the times because I'm not in with the "in " crowd and know what the terms are because I'm old.....and not even 30. Sheesh.

Your logic I like it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I don't think it will go down like medieval but I don't think we will see as much content as we saw released for 3 either.

My reasoning for that is the amount of CC and mods I've seen already out for TS4.

I think CC makers and modders will likely end up outpacing EA's development of new content.

The double Whammy of the cartoonish art style and the lack of create-a-style is going to make my game CC heavy and Store light.
    I will look for CC that is less thick and blocky looking than TS4's art style and since I can't recolor store content, I will be less likely to buy it. I'll just go with free CC. That is for objects though. I will most likely buy clothing and hair if I see any I really like.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options

Seriously. They forgot family trees. Didn't realise couples didn't move in or change names after marriage. Didn't notice babies and children were left alone with no supervision.

This game has no details (or apparently BETA testing). But, yay, cell-phone-like achievements that kill the spirit of what the franchise stood for, for 14 years.

Hooray!

You said "all" sandbox and details were overlooked. I disagree.

My child sim will play with modeling clay and make things out of it; recognizable things. Chat with his stuffed animal. Beg his parents for a toy. Sit at their feet while they read to him.

My sims autonomously decide to listen to music while eating or cooking; present a rose to their lover while flirting; absentmindedly scratch their necks while talking on the phone or reading. My embarrassed sim sat in the bath, shook his head and hid underwater for a few moments. My child sim had a bad day at school, came home and cried under the covers. My sim that cooks has slowly gained some pretty fun animations as she levels up (tossing salt and pepper shakers or oil bottle around, the way she chops things, etc.).

They didn't leave out ALL details. No arguments that they missed some things or that there are some bugs that need to be dealt with but claiming they left all details out so they could add in achievements/goals is silly. Kind of like claiming they left out toddlers so they could put walk styles in--we all know that's not the case but for a long time, people threw that one around like it was gospel.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Nope I think this game has a bright future. From all the threads you have posted, you just want it to fail anyways.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jadealix wrote: »
    Nope I think this game has a bright future. From all the threads you have posted, you just want it to fail anyways.

Maybe He just wants a better game. Did you ever consider that what most of the supposed "haters" wanted? Or is it too hard for people to understand? Common sense & logic gone.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    I dont think so, i mean, look at the community!! The modding community is just hands down amazing.

I think its comparable to this;
    The Sims franchise is Coke
    The Sims Medieval was probably like the failed New Coke
    And Sims 4 is just like a brand new packaging of Coke. Some people might not like it, but its not like theyre going to roll back to the olf coke packaging , so eventually people will grow to love them.
    :smile:
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options

Hooray!

Okay. Just the vast majority then.
  • Options

Hooray!

Still disagree, but you probably already knew that. ;)
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014
    Animastar wrote: »
    I think you are seriously over-estimating how bad this game is if you think it's not going to last past one expansion. It really is a great sims game if you give it a chance. It's just different is all, it's not bad.

Besides, Sims 3 got just as much hate as Sims 4 when it first came out, but it still lived to see a ton of expansions. Sims 4 will too.

sims 3 didn't get anywhere near this much hate

sims 4 is relying on the first 2 expansion packs if they are not something that not only hits the ball out of the ballpark but smashes a car window in the car park then the game is almost doomed.. a lot of damage has already been done to the game with what's been left out it's going to have to do something big to fix that

a lot of people are holding off buying until they see what they add.. if they see reviews that the expansions don't add much or whatever they are not going to buy the game

• Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    jadealix wrote: »

Maybe He just wants a better game. Did you ever consider that what most of the supposed "haters" wanted? Or is it too hard for people to understand? Common sense & logic gone.

I have seen his threads, most are not constructive since the game has been out. It is clear he wants it to fail. I am all for constructive criticism. My common sense and logic isn't gone, thanks for your concern though.
  • Options

Hooray!

That you disagree'd on anything less than TS4 is as perfect as Jesus?

Yes, I had that figured out.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Gotta leave it to the modders to create The Sims 4 for us and not Maxis, am I right?
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options

Hooray!

That you disagree'd on anything less than TS4 is as perfect as Jesus?

Yes, I had that figured out.

So, what was the purpose of that jab? Run out of other ways to disagree so you resort to acting dismissive? Try reading my review and then tell me I think TS4 is as perfect as Jesus.

Or you could consider actual discourse with someone that doesn't degrade into petty name calling and insult-hurling if they don't eventually agree with you on something.
  • Options

Or you could consider actual discourse with someone that doesn't degrade into petty name calling and insult-hurling if they don't eventually agree with you on something.

I'd love that. So sad you couldn't offer me that....

• Options

Lame response. And I'm out. Have fun.
  • Options

Lame response. And I'm out. Have fun.

Now you know how I have been feeling.
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    I really liked Medieval and still play it. I never took it for a replacement of TS3...I wanted to play sims with goals so I got Medieval...I would like another expansion with some different quests for TSM and that would be great. I kept TS2 on my computer when I first purchased TS3 and played both for a long time. I have yet to buy TS4 because I want to see what they add before I buy it. I like looking at the stories and sims for TS4 but for me it was just not a "take my money" game. If the price goes down significantly, I will purchase...maybe...if the first expansion adds something...what that something is...I don't know...but right now its just not there...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    ikubinikubin Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I hope so...But I don't think TS4 would fail. It seems so many people love to play a mobile game on PC, which I can never understand. I love TS3 and TSM both. To me TSM quests are fun and interesting, with stories; not just something like "chat with your friends for 10 times."(Really? Am I playing some touch-screen based plum games?)