Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 4 End Up Like Sims Medieval?

Comments

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Poor Sims Medieval... I wanted to love it, but it just would not love me back.
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    never got into sims medieval. not because i think its a bad game but medieval is just not interesting to me. sims 4 continues to get better for me and for once im looking forward to a NEW expansion. not a re-hashed sims 1-3 style but a new type that expands what has been started with sims 4. sims 2 is the only one that i bought 3 expansions for. wasnt really a sims 3 fan either other than ambitions.

so no. sims 4 will not fall off any time soon. the gallery alone shows how many ppl are enjoying the gameplay and free sharing between players.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    smoogie wrote: »
    it wouldn't surprise me if EA pull another fast one and ditch the game

Maxis technically runs the Sims games. If EA abandons the Sims franchise, Maxis lost their publisher and would need to find another publisher unless they decide to publish. ;)

If EA ditch Maxis, I wish them good luck, maybe Maxis could go to an EA rival out of spite?

EA wouldn't ditch Maxis, they'd just absorb them and vault the game, never to be seen again. Or perhaps, dust it off after a decade or so and reboot it. Maxis isn't likely to be going anywhere if they don't appease their EA gods.

On the other hand, apparently Maxis is the process of developing an MMO sort of thing so I don't think they're in danger of being absorbed just yet, even if TS4 ends up failing somehow (I don't believe it will).
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sims Medieval went on being too repetitive with the system of getting things done by doing the same "quest" over and over.
    And instead of just adding about 100 new quests in the expansion so people don't get bored... Only that. Nothing else.
    No. They added "dig treasure 2756358734523 times" achievement.

Of course such game died.

Sadly Sims 4 copied the worst part from it - too much of grinding in many areas.

Yes, that is a good point. The Aspirations are too much a redundant repeat. Who wants to do all that with each and every Sim in TS4? Let's say after their tenth generation if they play generations? Or just rotate from house to house? Yes, they can add new aspirations, but who really wants to fill those requirements and what is the point? It's wasted time and money imho. Because you just get a good job sort of pat on the back and something like 'try another one!' Are you kidding me...? heck no! Boring! That's not sandbox. That is why so many of us see the redundancy and those who don't will say something like...'but you don't have to fill those, and you can play and skip those'...then o.k. why in the heck put them in a sandbox game if the larger fan base hates it and going to skip it anyway? they try to hard to gain every genre player there is out there, and don't stick to what most of us love about The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That is why so many of us see the redundancy and those who don't will say something like...'but you don't have to fill those, and you can play and skip those'...then o.k. why in the heck put them in a sandbox game if the larger fan base hates it and going to skip it anyway? they try to hard to gain every genre player there is out there, and don't stick to what most of us love about The Sims.

Some people do actually like them so it's basically just a matter of having options. For someone who doesn't like to do them, they really don't have to--they can skip them and maintain whatever position, rank or aspiration level they're on or they can cheat through them. For those who do like doing them, they're available. Why would you want to remove something that some people like if it's something you don't HAVE to do?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I remember when ts3 was released, it was so much hate, people always comparing withe the sims 2, it was the same thing, don't worry about the bad "reviews", I think TS4 is good and will have a lot of eps.

TS3s reception was nothing like this one. That game actually sold in high numbers. There were a lot of grievers, but The overall majority were ok with the game. That is not the case this time around. Many people chose not to buy. While the game has many nice features, it is a downgrade from TS3 and somewhat TS2. There is nothing they can do to fix that So if They don't start bringing their A game, I see this as the last SIM game period.

Did you know I hated the pudding faced Sim. But the commercial that showed an open world and the half bald guy walking outside is what made me excited to buy that game? I was actually sold on the game because of an ad trailer. B) I did play the TS3 for about three months or so but it was lagging on my older machine...which was new at the time...and should have played it well. Because of that I went back to TS2 for several more years. I hated the popups and all that other stuff. It was not sandbox to me...not until I could turn it all off and just play...now it's better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Sims Medieval went on being too repetitive with the system of getting things done by doing the same "quest" over and over.
    And instead of just adding about 100 new quests in the expansion so people don't get bored... Only that. Nothing else.

Sadly Sims 4 copied the worst part from it - too much of grinding in many areas.

Yes, that is a good point. The Aspirations are too much a redundant repeat. Who wants to do all that with each and every Sim in TS4? Let's say after their tenth generation if they play generations? Or just rotate from house to house? Yes, they can add new aspirations, but who really wants to fill those requirements and what is the point? It's wasted time and money imho. Because you just get a good job sort of pat on the back and something like 'try another one!' Are you kidding me...? heck no! Boring! That's not sandbox. That is why so many of us see the redundancy and those who don't will say something like...'but you don't have to fill those, and you can play and skip those'...then o.k. why in the heck put them in a sandbox game if the larger fan base hates it and going to skip it anyway? they try to hard to gain every genre player there is out there, and don't stick to what most of us love about The Sims.

It isn't a requirement to do aspirations and wishes.

When I play, I do what I want, visiting friends, cooking, having babies, marriage, etc.

I do not barely fulfill any wishes or aspirations.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    bamcam30 wrote: »
    Having only one expansion pack for it, due to mixed or negative response and then abandoned? Not sure if this has already been talked about, but I'm curious.

It's a real possibility. I'd be sad.

They really need to spare no expense and pack the first EP with content, especially whatever people felt it was missing.
  • Options
    pguida wrote: »
    bamcam30 wrote: »
    Having only one expansion pack for it, due to mixed or negative response and then abandoned? Not sure if this has already been talked about, but I'm curious.

It's a real possibility. I'd be sad.

They really need to spare no expense and pack the first EP with content, especially whatever people felt it was missing.

Justine is all the game is missing for me... And pets... And seasons.

I just need Justine Keaton, pets, and seasons. :P
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    That is why so many of us see the redundancy and those who don't will say something like...'but you don't have to fill those, and you can play and skip those'...then o.k. why in the heck put them in a sandbox game if the larger fan base hates it and going to skip it anyway? they try to hard to gain every genre player there is out there, and don't stick to what most of us love about The Sims.

Some people do actually like them so it's basically just a matter of having options. For someone who doesn't like to do them, they really don't have to--they can skip them and maintain whatever position, rank or aspiration level they're on or they can cheat through them. For those who do like doing them, they're available. Why would you want to remove something that some people like if it's something you don't HAVE to do?

You can't just skip all of it. The careers are embedded in repition. I can't stand it. It would have been one thing to include normal careers that didn't require you to do stupid things everyday just to get a minimal boost at your career. If you want your sim to advance, then you have to do it. There is no way around it.

I have already given up on earning satisfaction or completing aspirations. It is too boring.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    How the sims 4 feels:
    coolmom2.gif
  • Options
    Animastar wrote: »
    I think you are seriously over-estimating how bad this game is if you think it's not going to last past one expansion. It really is a great sims game if you give it a chance. It's just different is all, it's not bad.

Besides, Sims 3 got just as much hate as Sims 4 when it first came out, but it still lived to see a ton of expansions. Sims 4 will too.

Not nearly close. It got great review from much media. It broke sales records.

It was much better accepted at large.

TS4's problem isn't as much the negativity. It is, outside the hardcore Sims community, it made little impact.

It wasn't those who spoke ill of it. It's how many didn't speak of it at all.

• Options
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I remember when ts3 was released, it was so much hate, people always comparing withe the sims 2, it was the same thing, don't worry about the bad "reviews", I think TS4 is good and will have a lot of eps.

TS3s reception was nothing like this one. That game actually sold in high numbers. There were a lot of grievers, but The overall majority were ok with the game. That is not the case this time around. Many people chose not to buy. While the game has many nice features, it is a downgrade from TS3 and somewhat TS2. There is nothing they can do to fix that So if They don't start bringing their A game, I see this as the last SIM game period.

Did you know I hated the pudding faced Sim. But the commercial that showed an open world and the half bald guy walking outside is what made me excited to buy that game? I was actually sold on the game because of an ad trailer. B) I did play the TS3 for about three months or so but it was lagging on my older machine...which was new at the time...and should have played it well. Because of that I went back to TS2 for several more years. I hated the popups and all that other stuff. It was not sandbox to me...not until I could turn it all off and just play...now it's better.

I didn't like TS3, either at first. It took about 3 years until I actually started playing it. I was pretty loyal to it though. Even though I didn't like the game, I still preordered all of the games. Sweet treats was the first time I didn't buy a Sims game. And now that we are here, I'm seriously doubting I will continue investing in something that is nothing like I wanted for the game.
  • Options
    I have already given up on earning satisfaction or completing aspirations. It is too boring.

The amount of effort they wasted on those is mind-boggling.

I would have given us toddlers instead.

• Options
    edited September 2014

Because it's not sandbox. ETA: I mean Life Simulator.. It's that simple. You either love sandbox games like The Sims which is a life simulation game, or you really don't and need other genres like linear type game play in there to make up for the fact you (people in general) don't actually love a life simulator. It's that simple to me. It's no in between. A person either loves the life simulator or they tolerate it so they can play linear quests like the Achievements. Mixing genres imho is killing this series. If you don't believe that then look at the numbers for the TSM that is a linear/quest/scripted game. Not that many people loved it. TS4 is a scripted (somewhat more than any other in the series) and not that many people love it. 2+2 = 4. The other genres being thrown into this series is killing it.
  • Options

You can't just skip all of it. The careers are embedded in repition. I can't stand it. It would have been one thing to include normal careers that didn't require you to do stupid things everyday just to get a minimal boost at your career. If you want your sim to advance, then you have to do it. There is no way around it.

My sim still advances even if they haven't even completed their requirements to get their promotion. XD
  • Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    edited September 2014
    Everytime you post something it's always something negative... If you don't like the game don't play it. Also tbh I actually liked the sims medieval.
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    blam987 wrote: »
    Everytime you post something it's always something negative... If you don't like the game don't play it.

Agreed. ;)
  • Options

When I play, I do what I want, visiting friends, cooking, having babies, marriage, etc.

Your answer just proved my point.
  • Options

The wishes, aspirations, and requirements do not help with my Sims careers. They advance when they go to work. Every time they go to work, the colorful bar thingy when it goes right, my Sim is promoted even without completing the career requirements.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

The wishes, aspirations, and requirements do not help with my Sims careers. They advance when they go to work. Every time they go to work, the colorful bar thingy when it goes right, my Sim is promoted even without completing the career requirements.

Then it has a bigger problem if you are saying your Sim still advances though they didn't fulfill their daily requirements....no failure? again?

But as far as references to TSM, even the wording is the same...Focused, Inspired etc. Along with 'two daily tasks' which was a requirement of the Sim hero (no matter which one) in the TSM for their daily duties for 'their' jobs. How you can't see that boggles my mind. Done been there, bought and paid for TSM years ago...no need to buy another similar game. When they go back to a true life simulator for this game and wash all this other genre out of it, I may reconsider it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well then something is wrong with my game because if I don't fulfill those requirements, my Sims performance meter goes down. I hate that and want to stop making my Sims slaves to their careers.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Really. Then your game is buggy wrong.

My game has things your sim needs to do and has little check boxes to indicate if he has done them.
    Make 5 cheese sandwiches, do this, do that

If he doesn't do them, he is not advancing.

My sim kids have the same thing: go to school, do homework, go to school after X shower...
    and no they do not advance without jumping through the hoops.
    Good thing I use cheats otherwise this game is unplayable IMHO

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Really. Then your game is buggy wrong.

My game has things your sim needs to do and has little check boxes to indicate if he has done them.
    Make 5 cheese sandwiches, do this, do that

If he doesn't do them, he is not advancing.

My sim kids have the same thing: go to school, do homework, go to school after X shower...
    and no they do not advance without jumping through the hoops.
    Good thing I use cheats otherwise this game is unplayable IMHO

I don't call it a bug. XD
  • Options

Then it has a bigger problem if you are saying your Sim still advances though they didn't fulfill their daily requirements....no failure? again?

But as far as references to TSM, even the wording is the same...Focused, Inspired etc. Along with 'two daily tasks' which was a requirement of the Sim hero (no matter which one) in the TSM for their daily duties for 'their' jobs. How you can't see that boggles my mind. Done been there, bought and paid for TSM years ago...no need to buy another similar game. When they go back to a true life simulator for this game and wash all this other genre out of it, I may reconsider it. [/quote]

No problems with my game. My sims still advance and I don't mind what so ever. XD

Ohh... Those like moodlet emotion things? Why didn't you say so? I don't consider those emotions, I considered them moodlets. XD