Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Congrats on Jenas being featured, ciane! That's awesome! And, yes, you are good for getting songs stuck in peoples heads...lol You did it to me with Garden Party!! ;)

It's still Monday for me too, Tigger, but it's been a Monday all day for me. Oh well, tomorrows another day, right? ;) I can't wait to see your scores. Just email them to me as soon as your finished and I'll add them to mine and Morakai's. I love watching as the scores change as each judges scores come in. I know, I weird, but its fun to me and that's what counts.

While waiting, I'm putting together some contest ideas. I have a couple of different ideas, but getting them to fit into the "House Hunters" context is more difficult for some of them. I'm also kind of waiting to see what kind of interest there will still be once, I get them together. Since participation in everything seems to really be dwindling down.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Oh, I wasn't aware that romagi had a build featured too! Congrat to you as well romagi!
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Congrats @Romagi1, your build is awesome. And I am so glad it was featured!
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited September 2014
    Congrats to you both!!! @ciane & @romagi1

@Ivanna420 Participation is dwindling. There are a few die-hards, but since there are many going to S4, it is to be expected. Don't like it, but is the way of things. Will be around for awhile as I am not seeing anything special to spend that amt of money. (NOT bashing... just MY opinion. I am just Explaining, not Complaining. ) :)
  • Options
    It's okay to not like the new series or the amount of money it is selling for, @Morakai. I tell everyone it is not for me. I only came to Sims 3 for the color wheel. Without it, I'd still be playing Sims 2 with Grandma. And oh my the amount of money I have spent on this game! I shall play it until I can't play it any more. But, I am glad to see others happy whether that is with the new game, the old game, or another game.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Congrats to @ciane and @romagi !!
  • Options
    I still have so much content to explore in 3 and I have so much money wrapped up in this one, I just don't need 4. There are things about it I'm interested in, but like most of the ones I've talked to that aren't interested in 4 yet, I don't want to give up my CASt. If I did, I'd still be playing 2 full-time. I'm not bashing the game, I just won't be moving on for quite a while if at all, but I'm missing some of the people who have gone to 4, though.

How many of you guys here would be interested in more contests?
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I'm interested...I have no plans to move on anytime soon :)
  • Options
    YAY! There's one! Glad to hear it, @cmbaker. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    I keep threatening to re-create the tool I need to be able to build. My kittens keep destroying it. <sigh> Well, if not able to build, more than willing to help judge. So I am in! hehe :D
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    More contests! More contests!! More more more :)
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a few already who will continue on. I always love a challenge!

@Morakai, tell me more about the not being able to build part. Does your system lock up in when CASting? Can you build okay without using CASt? I have read that having a lot of saved patterns or DL'd patterns is too much for CASt tool and it just won't work.

Have you tried:
    1st, if you have enough room on your hard drive, simply rename your sims 3 folder in documents. Start the game and let a new Sims 3 folder be created. It won't have any store items or any of your preferences in it yet. Play around and see if you can build okay there. It should act well unless you need to adjust the settings for your computer or add the sims 3 to your computer's DEP list.

If all goes well, you can make a copy of your old dccache, installed worlds, world cache, and place them in the new folder. Then copy over the ccmerged file from the dcbackup folder to the new one.

Load your game again. Now all your store stuff and other downloads you installed earlier with the launcher will be there (with the exception of store venues which are also stored in the library folder). See if you can build. If yes, great!
    Copy over the library folders next and try again. Lastly, copy over your save(s) and see if you can play and build again in them.

If no at any step, then you need to reinstall stuff in small groups starting at the point where things worked. So if copying over the first group of files caused failure, you need to reinstall store content in small groups. See my blog on my page for a link to some threads to read that should help out.

If you got the game to work okay with the dccache files, but not the library files; then just reinstall your venues.

If everything worked okay until you put in your old saves, you can try copying in each save separately to see if some work and some don't. You'll have to accept that the saves that don't work in build mode might be playable, just not buildable. Save your sims and lots by chosing to add them to the bin or to share them. Sharing them puts the data in the export folder and you can copy the files to your download folder in your new sims 3 game and reinstall them. Placing them in the bin puts their file in the library folder and you can sort by date time to find the file(s) you want and copy those over to your new Sims 3 library folder.

Does that help or did you try all that already?

• Options
    @ciane You are so sweet! Actually the reason I have a hard time building has nothing to do with any of the above. It is pure physical ability. I have a busted shoulder. I am actually going to an Orthopedic surgeon today to start the process of having surgery on it. There are just certain things when you are building that you need to hold a shift, while doing something else (like painting walls), and a few other things (like MOO), that I need a tool I can hold in my mouth, since can't use my arm. Also since it is my right shoulder & I am right handed, that just makes life so much more interesting. :D

However, it doesn't interfere with my playing abilities... ;)B)
  • Options
    Oh, @Morakai, I hope the surgery helps you out. And at least you can play. That is a very good thing. After all the building is just suppose to be the prep to playing.
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    I wasn't sure whether to go ahead with a new contest but noticed so few contests on the forum at the moment I didn't want to give up on it yet!
    I have no plans to move to Sims4 - only because of lack of CAST and think that the loss of CAST will severely limit choices and artistic representation to the point that contests seem a waste of time - everyone's entries will have the same items in the same colours - how can you judge in that scenario? I will watch and see what EPs come out but so far I'm very unimpressed.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Not moving on to Sims 4 here, but I'll be off and on when it comes to building. I'm starting to swing back into "BEADS!!" again, which means less time in Sims :)
  • Options
    @ciane & @rosemow Thank you both! However I just got the BEST news!!!!! NO Surgery!! Whoot!! Just got to fill out a bunch of paperwork, and then some physical therapy. GOing to hurt, but I don't care! I will have my arm back with no surgery!!! :D:D:D

Definitely time to party! I also won't need to make a new tool! May be a bit slower than usual but I will be able to build again!!!

<<does happy dance>>

Ok.. I am off to bounce off some walls! hehe
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    I am very happy for you @Morakai that you won't need to have surgery! :) That is great news! I hope that your physical therapy goes well.
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    @Ivanna My judging is done and I just sent you my scores! As for more contests to come, I am definately still interested in continuing. Though I did get sims 4, I am not ready to move on from sims 3 yet, because I too still have tons of content to explore. And your contests help me find out more too, so I'm sticking around :p

@everyone well my monday was over, so.. :P And now so is my tuesday... But really, I just thought the picture was too cute not to post. @Ivanna, hope your teusday has been better then your monday so far!

@Ciane and @Romagi congratulations on getting your builds featured!

@Morakai I'm glad you won't be needing any surgery, that's wonderfull news!
    Here's a little something to celebrate with

Vivian+rose+cupcakes.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
  • Options
    Woot! Woot! @Morakai! So, so glad that you do not need surgery. Good luck with the physical theraphy.
    Pretty cupcakes @Tiggerkitty.
    Beads sound like fun @TRajah. It is a creative endeavor with a tangible outcome unlike the sims.
    Joins in the dancing! My last load of laundry for the day is in the dryer now. :smile:
  • Options
    @Tiggerkitty So pretty! Thank you! :D

@ciane Thanks! hehe GOing to need it. Though did DL the prep for a contest... A building contest! Will see how it goes. hehe

@Trajah Nice on the beads. Used to work with them, but got more into making rose beads. Beads that are made out of rose petals, and infused with the rose scent. I started trying to infuse with other scents, but doesn't work as well. As long as there is rose in the mix it works kinda well. hehe Love beadwork, but couldn't do anything for the longest while. Soon, might be able to re-start! :)
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    Ivanna420 wrote: »
    How many of you guys here would be interested in more contests?

I might be interested depending on when I get my new PC. It is being built but there have been nothing but problems and delay after delay. Sims 3 doesn't do very well on the laptop. It will play, but takes forever on the load screens & saves not to mention crashes. I am playing Sims 4 too. Sims 4 is much easier on the laptop.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/