Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Element of Surprise

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I miss the sandbox and option to play my way...oh pools and toddlers too. WHY hasn't error code 12 been fixed? Yeah some things never change other things change for the worse...Meh. :|
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Druki wrote: »
    I miss the penguin.

What penguin?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Penguin

• Options
    MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    In TS3 wasn't there like a chance to get your house bombed by a meteor. I think that used to scare the heck out of me. I never wanted to see my legacy family get blown up lol.
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I miss the penguin.

What penguin?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Penguin

I remember now! Yes i Want ALL that back

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I miss the penguin too! But I think it's more than the missing townies (Goopy!!!), It seems like the game is so much more predictable than before. I'm trying to think about only the base games, but it seems like there was a huge leap in gameplay between Sims and Sims 2. From Sims 2 to Sims 3 there was a some difference. The fact that your sim could follow your sim to work, meet sims in random places, have the whole town age was fairly big. The difference between Sims 3 and Sims 4? The best CAS and emotions. I can't say I'm that excited about the emotions. I don't feel a huge difference in how the sims act, besides becoming "inspired" by taking a shower. I don't know how much they can add to gameplay without turning it into a different game. But it's starting to feel like

Same sims, different game.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I miss the penguin too! But I think it's more than the missing townies (Goopy!!!), It seems like the game is so much more predictable than before. I'm trying to think about only the base games, but it seems like there was a huge leap in gameplay between Sims and Sims 2. From Sims 2 to Sims 3 there was a some difference. The fact that your sim could follow your sim to work, meet sims in random places, have the whole town age was fairly big. The difference between Sims 3 and Sims 4? The best CAS and emotions. I can't say I'm that excited about the emotions. I don't feel a huge difference in how the sims act, besides becoming "inspired" by taking a shower. I don't know how much they can add to gameplay without turning it into a different game. But it's starting to feel like

Same sims, different game.

CAS is okay, yes I tried the demo and it put me off from buying that and all the cuts. CAS needs sliders too. CAS felt very limited but some more finite details could have been done with sliders...but too little too late and too many missed opportunities to improve things.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    TS2 had Gardeners... I killed one by woohooing him to death in the Love Tub.
    Me too!
    tumblr_lzifn0To8F1qikhz3o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    Mafiastyle wrote: »
    In TS3 wasn't there like a chance to get your house bombed by a meteor. I think that used to scare the heck out of me. I never wanted to see my legacy family get blown up lol.

Yeah one of my Sims had a bacheolorette (or whatever) party in TS3 on one of the rooftops in Bridgeport and her best friend who was also pregnant got hit by a meteor on the rooftop and died.

It was really tragic,probably the worst thing that's happened in one of my games.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    This thread is awesome -these are the reasons I love sims! I'd totally forgotten about those calls and found them pretty terrifying! And even if I had an alarm I'd freak out when the burglar music started! This is why I love sims and the community and why I'm pretty heartbroken at this game in its current state, and the atmosphere on this forum. The 'smart sims, weirder stories' doesn't really make sense? Where's the weird?! Other than oops where are the toddlers, pools and NPCs? Or 'wacky' jobs where you don't even see them go to work!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    I remember Clare, the tragic clown, and that wacky therapist.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Agree,the game lacks of many things.,including this one
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

That's another thing I miss...those weird and creepy phone calls.

Haha, yeah.

enhanced-buzz-5081-1367804571-7.jpg

Uh u I remember something in Sims 1, did anyone ever get a 1 Million offer if you get a picture of an UFO?
    In all the years I played Sims 1 I had that once with the base game, But never again. If freaked me out.
  • Options
    Niana wrote: »
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

Haha, yeah.

Uh u I remember something in Sims 1, did anyone ever get a 1 Million offer if you get a picture of an UFO?
    In all the years I played Sims 1 I had that once with the base game, But never again. If freaked me out.

Yes I did!

• Options
    This thread is awesome -these are the reasons I love sims! I'd totally forgotten about those calls and found them pretty terrifying! And even if I had an alarm I'd freak out when the burglar music started! This is why I love sims and the community and why I'm pretty heartbroken at this game in its current state, and the atmosphere on this forum. The 'smart sims, weirder stories' doesn't really make sense? Where's the weird?! Other than oops where are the toddlers, pools and NPCs? Or 'wacky' jobs where you don't even see them go to work!

I'm glad you think this thread Is awesome :) I just really miss those wacky NPCs and I thought if us long term simmers started mentioning them again maybe the devs will try to make them come back in this brand new game.

Most of the coolest NPCs were in Ts1 and I would spend hours playing and then suddenly claire the bear would pop up and steal my honey. I wasn't expecting it so It caught my attention right away. I Want that feeling back!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

I'm glad you think this thread Is awesome :) I just really miss those wacky NPCs and I thought if us long term simmers started mentioning them again maybe the devs will try to make them come back in this brand new game.

Most of the coolest NPCs were in Ts1 and I would spend hours playing and then suddenly claire the bear would pop up and steal my honey. I wasn't expecting it so It caught my attention right away. I Want that feeling back!

Me too! But to be honest at this point I think they have so much work to do on this game I think they are pretty closed to stuff like this. But these touches are best thing about the amazing creativity of the people who used to work on sims games. Little touches that really stood out in game play! :-) Oh well, we can only hope!
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    Zalynda360 wrote: »
    I actually miss the burglars. They always stole the toilet (sometimes the shower too), totally ignoring the big flat screen TV.. that they always walked past TWICE to get in and out. :p

I miss them too. I also miss the sims that would randomly appear at parties. That was in TS1 so that is a long long time ago.

I agree with you I too miss the burglars. Did you ever have your Sim go and take the handcuffs off and set them free? I loved doing this, my evil Sims fun skill went up when they let them escape from the police.! Those were fun times.
  • Options
    htairchix3 wrote: »
    I actually miss the burglars. They always stole the toilet (sometimes the shower too), totally ignoring the big flat screen TV.. that they always walked past TWICE to get in and out. :p

I miss them too. I also miss the sims that would randomly appear at parties. That was in TS1 so that is a long long time ago.

I agree with you I too miss the burglars. Did you ever have your Sim go and take the handcuffs off and set them free? I loved doing this, my evil Sims fun skill went up when they let them escape from the police.! Those were fun times.

I didnt know WE could do that!

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    htairchix3 wrote: »

I didnt know WE could do that!

Wow! See we are still learning new things about the old games, that's pretty amazing given the hours invested in game!
  • Options
    Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    ... or the Tragic Clown or the Plague Guinea Pig.

I miss those!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lol, these Sims are so advanced they left behind the paper and traded for iPads...but can't call service Sims...brilliant.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    XLKx6he.jpg

surprise
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    ericaduh wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Claire the Bear, she was so cute walking on her tippy toes.

Claire bear was awesome!
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    ... or the Tragic Clown or the Plague Guinea Pig.

I miss those!
    I do, too.

Mostly what I remember is that when they gave us our first rudimentary terrain tools in TS1, I immediately created Gilligan's Island, and then for some reason I gave them a guinea pig. Not a smart move on my part. :)
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

Haha, yeah.

First time this happened I thought "How do I defend myself against this? I have NO WEAPONS!!"

Was actually a little worried about my Sim. Good news though, it was only a prank. Sorry no Spoilers.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I don't miss most of them. Most of them were a pain, but I do kind of miss the ghosts from ts2.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5