Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Element of Surprise

Comments

• Options
    ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    Sims started getting serious around Sims 3 its all been downhill from there personally i liked the more "wacky" world of sims 1 and 2 :D
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree 100%.

A lot of people keep saying that the neighborhood is more lively. But to me without these NPCs and random events like robbery and such it feels rather dull. I used to love seeing if my sims could flirt with the firefighter or the repairman before they left. I have a married sim in TS3 who just had the sexy repairman's baby. :stuck_out_tongue: I had another sim who started dating the cop who came to arrest the robber who'd been prowling around her house. And I so miss the days of the social bunny and don't get me started on how much I miss ghosts.

Those little things made the game fun. And they really brought out the quirkiness of the sim universe. I miss them a lot. The game just isn't the same without the NPCs.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I agree 100%.

A lot of people keep saying that the neighborhood is more lively. But to me without these NPCs and random events like robbery and such it feels rather dull. I used to love seeing if my sims could flirt with the firefighter or the repairman before they left. I have a married sim in TS3 who just had the sexy repairman's baby. :stuck_out_tongue: I had another sim who started dating the cop who came to arrest the robber who'd been prowling around her house. And I so miss the days of the social bunny and don't get me started on how much I miss ghosts.

Those little things made the game fun. And they really brought out the quirkiness of the sim universe. I miss them a lot. The game just isn't the same without the NPCs.

Yes... Romancing fire fighters.
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Yes! I miss my burglars and repairmen/women! I really hope they patch those in. :'(
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Sims started getting serious around Sims 3 its all been downhill from there personally i liked the more "wacky" world of sims 1 and 2 :D

Yeah I hate how serious it got. Now that we have such cartoony sims we could use wacky worlds with wacky NPCs

I agree 100%.

Yeah and honestly the lack of the basic NPCs show how incomplete this game is. Some of these NPCs were even in TS. Who gets them lol

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Yeah I hate how serious it got. Now that we have such cartoony sims we could use wacky worlds with wacky NPCs

I agree 100%.

Yeah and honestly the lack of the basic NPCs show how incomplete this game is. Some of these NPCs were even in TS. Who gets them lol

Agreed.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

That's another thing I miss...those weird and creepy phone calls.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

Haha, yeah.

enhanced-buzz-5081-1367804571-7.jpg

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    ericaduh wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Claire the Bear, she was so cute walking on her tippy toes.

and that little bow! she was a sweatheart

Until she makes a mess. :s
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?

Haha, yeah.

enhanced-buzz-5081-1367804571-7.jpg

Lol I would get scared with those calls. I was pretty young then

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Oh ya! That creepy music that went with it, and the sim going "huuuuuh???"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Oh ya! That creepy music that went with it, and the sim going "huuuuuh???"

That is another thing I miss! Sound Effects!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    There were no gardeners until now. We have gardeners now.

The gardeners are only for the community lot, not for our sims's homes.
  • Options
    faerieladyfaerielady Posts: 172 Member
    I miss the "Runs With Scissors" object! It was so twisted! I loved seeing them running about all crazy with those huge scissors!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited September 2014
    The first thing that ever happened to my sim when I attempted to finally play TS2 was the thief beckoned my sim behind the night club and distracted her and stole her wallet. I started cracking up. I really do like the little surprises. Even in TS3 I am still surprised by little nuances. Especially all the gnomes you get for random things. And of course, the random lightning strikes/meteors/alien abductions. And if you have Grimm's ghastly manor that comes with Death's Door, I never knew he could pull your sim in by a tentacle and drown them to death! :O

But I really do love NPC's. They do add flavor to the game. I guess you have Pancake Bob whom you can play as well, right? xD Not that he does anything terribly special.

I miss ghosts lurking around town

I LOVED TS3's music when a ghost appeared. Reminded me of The Haunted mansion ride at Disneyland. xD
    And when your house was about to be burglarized. That music always terrified me, not because of the tone, but because I knew I forgot to buy an alarm system and my grand piano was about to be sucked into the thief's magic bag...

Edit: Oh come on... su.cked is a bad word? Really?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I would love to see more NPCs in this game. In addition to all what you have mentioned I would also love a photographer service to take pics of family together. I also want a maid that lives in my Sims house, servos, butlers, a private teacher to help my sim kids with their homework and mentor them to gain the required skills
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    FabulizerFabulizer Posts: 41 Member
    SURPRISE!!!
    Bet you didn't expect that :P
  • Options
    The first thing that ever happened to my sim when I attempted to finally play TS2 was the thief beckoned my sim behind the night club and distracted her and stole her wallet. I started cracking up. I really do like the little surprises. Even in TS3 I am still surprised by little nuances. Especially all the gnomes you get for random things. And of course, the random lightning strikes/meteors/alien abductions. And if you have Grimm's ghastly manor that comes with Death's Door, I never knew he could pull your sim in by a tentacle and drown them to death! :O

But I really do love NPC's. They do add flavor to the game. I guess you have Pancake Bob whom you can play as well, right? xD Not that he does anything terribly special.

I miss ghosts lurking around town

I LOVED TS3's music when a ghost appeared. Reminded me of The Haunted mansion ride at Disneyland. xD
    And when your house was about to be burglarized. That music always terrified me, not because of the tone, but because I knew I forgot to buy an alarm system and my grand piano was about to be sucked into the thief's magic bag...

Edit: Oh come on... su.cked is a bad word? Really?

I loved it too! I also liked the music that would during ghost hunts. At first I didn't know where the music came from and i got so freaked out.

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

We had those in what TS1 or TS2 that we could higher....and TS4 nope, can't higher those. So...no.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Q

We had those in what TS1 or TS2 that we could higher....and TS4 nope, can't higher those. So...no.

Yup we had them in the sims 1 and 2
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    There were gardeners for hire in TS2, but did we have them in TS1? I can remember poor Bob Newbie knocking himself out trying to keep the doggone flowers watered.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    There were gardeners for hire in TS2, but did we have them in TS1? I can remember poor Bob Newbie knocking himself out trying to keep the doggone flowers watered.

We had them in TS1. If you hired them, they came every 3 days.

Sims_gardener.PNG

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member
    I miss the penguin.
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    > @lindsaylohan said:
    > I wish they included the ability to get arrested for driving under the influence. That'd be a fun way to introduce cars, alcohol and authority figures into the game :)

If you want that,try playing all the Grand Theft Auto games.
  • Options
    Druki wrote: »
    I miss the penguin.

What penguin?
    21mbz47.jpg