Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Element of Surprise

This is what I think is lacking in the sims 4 and I really want this to change. I love TS4, but the lack of NPCs is really bothering me now. This has never happened in a Sims game before. I mean I honestly miss cops, thieves, fire fighters, gardeners and the repair men. I mean all of what I mentioned before used to be in previous Sims Base games, even in the sims 1.

The lack of these characters make the game predictable and that is what I don't like. Don't even get me started in the NPCs that would only appear sometimes ( at least I loved that in the sims 1)

Am I the only one who misses this ridiculous sim things? For example: the social bunny, claire the bear or even just having ghosts haunting your sims house?

Most of these weird sims that would randomly pop up in your game are missing since the sims 1, so I guess this is something I missed in most sim games, but in TS4 is even more obvious since we don't even have the basic NPCs

I really hope they make a come back in TS4.

21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    Oh man, Claire the Bear. I remember her. Aww. Yeah I do miss the random unpredictable events. I felt like a lot of that was missing with 3 and it's even less with 4. I do hope that it makes a reappearance again. They promised us weirder stories and I'm hoping they deliver.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    That just rly deserves a lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    No. I miss all that stuff, too. Of all the things I miss, though, I oddly find myself missing TS2 cutscenes the most. And, its far superior memory system (minus jump bug). But, I miss cutscenes the most. Remember First Kiss? It was so sweet!
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    There were no gardeners until now. We have gardeners now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    No. I miss all that stuff, too. Of all the things I miss, though, I oddly find myself missing TS2 cutscenes the most. And, its far superior memory system (minus jump bug). But, I miss cutscenes the most. Remember First Kiss? It was so sweet!

Oh yeah I loved those!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    There were no gardeners until now. We have gardeners now.

I'm pretty sure the sims and the sims 2 had gardeners.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I really do miss most of them, though the gardener was never in TS3, either. The gardener isn't really a necessity in TS4 since the shrubbery doesn't grow and the point of gardening requires skilling up. Would be nice, though.
  • Options
    Katnap wrote: »
    I really do miss most of them, though the gardener was never in TS3, either. The gardener isn't really a necessity in TS4 since the shrubbery doesn't grow and the point of gardening requires skilling up. Would be nice, though.

Most of them where in TS original game and they never rly made a come back, which is a shame, because the sims 1 had those little details I would always get surprised with the weird stuff that would happen.

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    You just need to download my Sgt. Doakes sim in the gallery.

He's the master of surprise.
  • Options
    Zalynda360Zalynda360 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I actually miss the burglars. They always stole the toilet (sometimes the shower too), totally ignoring the big flat screen TV.. that they always walked past TWICE to get in and out. :p
  • Options
    Zalynda360 wrote: »
    I actually miss the burglars. They always stole the toilet (sometimes the shower too), totally ignoring the big flat screen TV.. that they always walked past TWICE to get in and out. :p

I miss them too. I also miss the sims that would randomly appear at parties. That was in TS1 so that is a long long time ago.

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    HotKnifeHotKnife Posts: 127 Member
    On a serious note: everything you stated is definitely what I loved the most about this series. TS1, especially. The weird, random and sometimes creepy sims gave the world a ton of atmosphere and flavor.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Social bunny and other oddities, including ghosts, aliens and supernaturals, I'm gla to see gone.

Burglars, police officers, firefighters, nannies, house gardeners, I cannot believe where left out!
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I must be the only one that doesn't really miss repairmen, firemen, or gardeners because I always had my sims do things themselves.

I do kinda miss burglers and the really random NPCs like Claire the Bear and Mrs Crumplebottom. But I HATED the social bunny and the tragic clown. Ok, the tragic clown was way worse because he made it really hard to get your needs back up because he was always bothering my sims so they couldn't sleep.
  • Options
    I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2014
    I wish they included the ability to get arrested for driving under the influence. That'd be a fun way to introduce cars, alcohol and authority figures into the game :)
    I'm the queen bee
  • Options
    HotKnife wrote: »
    On a serious note: everything you stated is definitely what I loved the most about this series. TS1, especially. The weird, random and sometimes creepy sims gave the world a ton of atmosphere and flavor.

This Is exactly what I mean. The weird and creepy sims were so cool!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    The first thing that ever happened to my sim when I attempted to finally play TS2 was the thief beckoned my sim behind the night club and distracted her and stole her wallet. I started cracking up. I really do like the little surprises. Even in TS3 I am still surprised by little nuances. Especially all the gnomes you get for random things. And of course, the random lightning strikes/meteors/alien abductions. And if you have Grimm's ghastly manor that comes with Death's Door, I never knew he could pull your sim in by a tentacle and drown them to death! :O

But I really do love NPC's. They do add flavor to the game. I guess you have Pancake Bob whom you can play as well, right? xD Not that he does anything terribly special.
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    I miss stinky the skunk! He would come to your house in sims 2! He was so funny lol. I wonder why there weren't any skunks in ts3?
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I hope they bring back Claire the Bear, she was so cute walking on her tippy toes.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Ring ring.

Do you canoe?

Huh?!?
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
  • Options
    The first thing that ever happened to my sim when I attempted to finally play TS2 was the thief beckoned my sim behind the night club and distracted her and stole her wallet. I started cracking up. I really do like the little surprises. Even in TS3 I am still surprised by little nuances. Especially all the gnomes you get for random things. And of course, the random lightning strikes/meteors/alien abductions. And if you have Grimm's ghastly manor that comes with Death's Door, I never knew he could pull your sim in by a tentacle and drown them to death! :O

But I really do love NPC's. They do add flavor to the game. I guess you have Pancake Bob whom you can play as well, right? xD Not that he does anything terribly special.

I miss ghosts lurking around town
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I miss ghosts lurking around town
    I miss playable ghosts.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    ericaduh wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Claire the Bear, she was so cute walking on her tippy toes.

and that little bow! she was a sweatheart

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius