Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick of the "Trade Off" Excuse

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Push it back to the Ocean!
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Push it back to the Ocean!

I live near the ocean, don't put it there - it'll rust Krayzie.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Well truth to be told we can say with TS4 it will get much more EPs and Style Packs. We have seen it since TS1 they brought with every new Sims much more EPs and Packs into the Game, and after TS3 you know what i mean right ? We will spent at least 400-600 $ to get everything from TS4 lol

Are you kidding ? $ 400-600 is too cheap :p.

I have spent $$$$ on the EPs, SPs, and store contents for TS3, and I don't even own all of them.

Edited to add :

If I ever like TS4 from the beginning, I think I will spend double on what I have spent on TS3 (shudder).

Well i don't want to know how much the costs for my TS3 were. With all EPs,Style Packs and hundreds of Store Items
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wow, they moved this thread to the dead zone, good one EA.

We must not let it fade into obscurity!

>:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2014
    faerielady wrote: »
    While I must say that I am still enjoying the new game overall, I am getting SICK of the guru's talking about how missing features were removed because it is "too hard" or "takes too long" or was a "trade off".

The open world is understandable, because it truly WAS a mess. However, for everything else, such as the teen height, town sizes, small lots, toddlers, pools, etc. it sounds more like excuses for cut corners and lazy design. You know why? Because if certain features required more resources, they should have HIRED MORE PEOPLE. Or better yet, they should have NOT laid off all those devs a while back.

Seriously, The Sims 3 squeezed every last dime from our wallets, releasing an endless amount of expansions and stuff packs, and charging ridiculous prices for store content. Where exactly did all that money go? You would think that they'd AT LEAST use some of it to ensure that their dev team was properly staffed for the "next gen" installment. And if the devs blame time constraints for leaving out 10 year old features, then there is clearly an issue regarding upper management, resource allocation, and staffing.

As someone stated in another thread, it would be one thing if Sims 4 was made by a bunch of Indie developers on a kickstarter budget. But The Sims is one of EA's biggest cash cows. It is one of the last franchises that should be complaining about how things require too much work.

I realize that the actual developers had no control over this. But I'm really starting to believe those laid-off devs who were complaining about toxic upper management, office politics, etc. There is really no reason for a AAA game of this budget to be cutting this many corners.

I agree with a lot of this, but I dont understand the big fuss over teen height. I have a 19 year old son, a 17 and a 13 year old daughter. My son is a full foot taller than me, my 17 year old 2 inches taller and my 13 year old just hit my 5'4 height this year. It is not at ALL unrealistic to have them adult height... in fact, going to school functions, I would say it is unrealistic for them to be shorter....

The problem isn't realism it is playability. In game the player has no way to tell which Sims are teens, which are young adults and which are adults. In fact, the only way to tell if a Sim is an elder is by hair color. In real life it is (usually) easy to tell someone's age range, but in TS4 it is almost impossible. Height was just a short-hand way of indicating age. We would probably have the same problem if Sims had variable heights (a long time fan request). There needs to be some other way to easily determine a Sims' age group or the player wastes tons of game time seeking out appropriate friends and love-interests. Frankly, I have the same problem in TS3 since there is no way to tell if a Sim is a Young Adult who has just aged up from Teen or an Adult about to become an Elder.

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason the game is unliked by so many people is because technology is hard to keep up with. there are billions of computers in the world today and no way to test the game on all of them so they left stuff out to make sure the game would work for as many people as they can get.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Hrekkjavaka_SimsHrekkjavaka_Sims Posts: 6 New Member
    Hoping they include in a future EP toddlers and young teens. It's a shame they are not in the base game.
  • Options
    Well we hope to get at least toddlers back for free, well truth to be told we are missing far to many contents in Sims 4. Can't live with this few content yet.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I am just sick of the excuses period.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?