Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 5

averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member

SIMS 5

First and foremost, don't get on here just to tell me "Sims 4 isn't even out yet!!11 You're already whining about Sims 5?!!1" or I'll ignore ya; but I thank you in advance for bumping this topic.

EAxis has no doubt begun working on Sims 5 (unless they aren't bothering at all considering Sims 4 is gonna bomb big time). How do I know they're already working on Sims 5? Because they began working on Sims 3 as soon as Sims 2 was released, and they began working on Sims 4 in 2008, which was long before Sims 3's release. Now truly is the time to start asking for the things we want. A couple years down the road will be too late.

And no, this isn't a trolling thread or type of thread meant to be 'flame bait'. This is meant to be serious and I want EA to seriously consider every request on here.

And no, I'm not looking up any sources with regard to devs beginning work on games 5 years ahead of time. This stuff should be common knowledge by this point.

Now, to EA: First of all, with all due respect, will you please hire a new team of developers? Thanks. You may want to hire a better marketing team as well...

Now here's what I'd like in the base game (lol, it's mainly no-brainer type stuff, yanno, the kind of stuff that isn't in T$$4's base game):

1. More than 8 lousy careers, including typical sim careers such as the medical profession and business careers. Hey, stand-up comic is fine--as long as you include the normal careers as well. After all, this is what Sims used to be about; something called choices, and something called a 'sandbox' type game. Remember?

2. Please make actual babies, instead of objects (dolls?) that are tied to their bassinets. Many legacy players like to use 'real' babies... and toddlers.

3. Please include basic life stages including toddlers.

4. Please include CASt.

5. A complete open world without loading screens - unless you include a load screen to a separate neighborhood. That's fine.

6. Please include varying heights in all age groups.

7. Please update the graphics to compete with Sims 3, and make it obvious that this is truly a 'Next Generation Game'. It doesn't have to be GTA V-like graphics, but please, better than T$$4's graphics? Pretty please?

8. Please ensure there are minimal routing errors in the open world. If modders can do this, EA game devs should be able to do this. No?

9. Please ensure there is minimal clipping in this new game. But no, it does not have to perfect.

10. Please include basics such as swimming pools in the base game.

11. Please charge a reasonable amount for this. $70 is fine, because a base game like this would be worlds better than T$$4.

12. Please include a family tree for us legacy lovers and players. Again--choices, EA. Remember to give us choices like all the old games had.

13. Please include a way to write stories in the base game, like what Sims 2 had. I always enjoyed reading people's legacies on the Sims 2.com story exchange.

14. Go ahead and introduce something that none of the other games had. Really! You can make it whatever you wish!

Lastly, thanks a bunch. :)

It's not asking for a whole lot. Really... it's not. Just the basics. :)

I appreciate your time.

There will be many days I'll be busy and won't be bumping this, but I'll do my best to ensure it stays on the first or second page.

Of course other simmer's thoughts are welcome, unless you're merely coming here to scream or 'whine' at me. Dissenting opinions are fine too, but please no ad hominem attacks.

Comments

• Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I probably won't move onto any other sims games (I don't play all that often, really. :blush: ), but I like your suggestions.

I'll still mention what I think it should have, though...

1. The memory system in Sims 2 was fun. Much better than the one in Sims 3, where just going out is a life changing event. :s:\

2. I'd really like to see those "movies" again. You know, whenever something big like first kiss, baby, aliens, etc., there'd be a little film type thing with your sim. I always thought that was cool. I'd also like the option to turn something like this off, so that we can take our own screenshots. :D

3. Animations that are funny like Sims 2 and not OTT like Sims 4 appears to be.

5. The social bunny and all those fun, unexpected surprises that'd show up and freak you out. :mrgreen:

6. More options to interact with people. In sims 2, we had so many options to choose from at the dinner table like food fights, cheers and romantic interactions, including propose. *Thumbs up*

7. THE MUSIC: I really like the ones from the original Sims game... It was something that I didn't mute and actually wanted to listen to. It allows a better build environment, I think. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM

^Okay. So the person here spelled soundtrack wrong. :p Just ignore it. ;)

That's all I got.
  • Options
    JessiLeSueurJessiLeSueur Posts: 27 Member
    Knitting. I am still waiting for the knitting.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I would like Sims 5 to be a launch off The Sims 3, not a step backwards. I was hoping for the following in TS4 and will continue to hope for the next version:
    • In game world editing. I am meaning creating or adjusting roads, rivers and the like.
    • Add Sims in CaW and movement in CaW in-game edit.
    • The ability to adjust height of small objects to place them on shelves or different sections of the wall. (without mods please)
    • The ability to place windows/doors in basement walls and to build on uneven terrain.
    • We have a Sims future, why not an expansion that takes them into the past. Instead of cars sims can travel on horse back and in wagons and carts. Roads can be dirt as can the walkways.
    • The ability to mold roofs to remove awkward layering from corner/diagonal rooms.
    • The ability to corner stairways that add landings. This can be done outside, why not inside too.
    • Keep the best creative tools, terrain tools, building tools, CaSt, color wheel, in game edit, but allow some of the new features that you've added into TS4, like the slider for windows, fences that allow posts in the middle rather then inside, repositioning houses and rooms without having to rebuild. These are amazing tools, but without the others, they are useless.
    • Families are an important part of life, don't leave them out.
    • bring back the store; it was a good idea.
    • Leave the connection to Origin optional or out completely. Origin doesn't work well with my system and I would not play a Sim game if it became a requirement.
    • ...seriously this list could go on for a good amount of time.

I am not sure what Maxis can do; however, EA has awesome talent in gaming graphics. It is too sad they did not use the talent of those employees in The Sims 4 game.

Since takes Maxis about 5 years to put out a new version, I am likely to have moved on before TS5 arrives. I love Sims 3 (bugs, glitches, and all) and do not like anything about TS4. I see myself playing The Sims 3 until it can no longer be supported by my OS. By that time, because I am not getting involve with TS4, I will like be used to not advancing my Sims games and simply not bother to check into it. On the other side, if TS5 is anything like TS4, I will be gone when the TS3 site is removed. I will still play TS3, but will no longer connect with Maxis or other Sim players.
  • Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Open worlds are too laggy. EA is trying to make the games laptop friendly and not laptop destroyer.
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2014
    Possibility to make big family trees with npc or even Sims that not in game (grandparents that already died, aunts and uncles, siblings that not in town, etc.) That what would be sweet. Other than that everything looks good for me as it is so far.
  • Options
    jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    interesting points
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    I am much more demanding... this is what I would like in Sims 5:

1) Progressive growth. Retain the life stages to control actions, but have The Sim grow/age as they mature through the life stage.
    2) Multiple heights. We aren't all 5'10", so why are all of our sims? I would like to see multiple heights in each life stage.
    3) Scalable clothes. Instead of being different objects for life stage and sex they should all be one object.
    4) Purchasable clothes (no brainer).
    5) Build objects. Build and design objects similar to Minecraft / LittleBigPlanet that sims could use such as chairs.
    6) Large expansive worlds similar to GTA. I am ok with some rabbit holes if it makes the world appear larger.
    7) Unique shaped lots, that are not predefined to a certain X by X dimensions.
    8 ) Stock Market. Let the Sims make some money similar to GTA, might be random or might be driven by some type of story progression.
    9) Unlimited sized household, as well as allowed on lot.
    10) Weather and limited pets (Dogs/Cats) in the BASE package
    11) Curved walls.
    12) Ability to walk over books/trash on floor instead of around them.
    13) Split levels, homes with foundations and garages
    14) Daylight basements
    15) Cutting down trees for fires and material (see #5).
    16) Browse "online" store by having Sim visit a special lot (like a mall) where they can walk around and see/test the objects there...
    17) Next generation graphics similar to GTA
    18) Online component (100% optional) that would allow you to either visit/travel to your friends towns or live in a town with other players.
    19) Simplified CAW built into World Editor for small things such as moving roads or large/scale terrain edits.
    20) Emotions, although toned down (from The Sims 4)
    21) New build tools for moving rooms, blueprints, etc. (from The Sims 4)
    22) New CAS (from The Sims 4)
    23) Sports (such as basketball, volleyball, tennis, etc.)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Tyw7Tyw7 Posts: 316 Member
    xHareHarex wrote: »
    Open worlds are too laggy. EA is trying to make the games laptop friendly and not laptop destroyer.
    @xhareharex Maybe a "laptop mode" that brings in load screen. Otherwise open world.
  • Options
    fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    bflury wrote: »
    I am much more demanding... this is what I would like in Sims 5:

1) Progressive growth. Retain the life stages to control actions, but have The Sim grow/age as they mature through the life stage.
    2) Multiple heights. We aren't all 5'10", so why are all of our sims? I would like to see multiple heights in each life stage.
    3) Scalable clothes. Instead of being different objects for life stage and sex they should all be one object.
    4) Purchasable clothes (no brainer).
    5) Build objects. Build and design objects similar to Minecraft / LittleBigPlanet that sims could use such as chairs.
    6) Large expansive worlds similar to GTA. I am ok with some rabbit holes if it makes the world appear larger.
    7) Unique shaped lots, that are not predefined to a certain X by X dimensions.
    8 ) Stock Market. Let the Sims make some money similar to GTA, might be random or might be driven by some type of story progression.
    9) Unlimited sized household, as well as allowed on lot.
    10) Weather and limited pets (Dogs/Cats) in the BASE package
    11) Curved walls.
    12) Ability to walk over books/trash on floor instead of around them.
    13) Split levels, homes with foundations and garages
    14) Daylight basements
    15) Cutting down trees for fires and material (see #5).
    16) Browse "online" store by having Sim visit a special lot (like a mall) where they can walk around and see/test the objects there...
    17) Next generation graphics similar to GTA
    18) Online component (100% optional) that would allow you to either visit/travel to your friends towns or live in a town with other players.
    19) Simplified CAW built into World Editor for small things such as moving roads or large/scale terrain edits.
    20) Emotions, although toned down (from The Sims 4)
    21) New build tools for moving rooms, blueprints, etc. (from The Sims 4)
    22) New CAS (from The Sims 4)
    23) Sports (such as basketball, volleyball, tennis, etc.)

18 AND 23 ♥♥♥♥
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2014
    The Sims games are in the wrong logical order

The Sims -> The Sims 2 -> The Sims 4 -> The Sims 3

Only an improved version of TS3 can be The Sims 5
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    I suspect, that commerce isn't working more in that way, but I wish that game developers don't stops to work on already released game until is it fully fixed.
    I have to admit, that I do not like the way token for sims series with TS4 - but I wanna wish at all paying customers that they will fully enjoy without bugs for what they have payed for.
    I won't spend my money for the game which has prospectives to remain unfixed as I see now TS3 - unfixed and replaced with TS4. I won't move on TS5, if from the same game developer.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    ( Sorry if I've repeated someone, I didn't take the time to read everyone's post. o_o P.S I won't be moving onto TS4 for a while, so excuse me if I repeat stuff that's already in TS4. )

• Less rabbitholes. Of course I wouldn't mind having a few buildings as rabbitholes, but I want to SEE what my sims are doing. I wouldn't even care if you had the controls you do in TS3 for rabbitholes and you just saw your sims playing animations throughout the day. I'd actually prefer that.

• More realisticness. I know some players don't like this, as Sims is their escape from reality. But maybe this could be something you could turn on and off, like EA's story progression. I'd like to have the ability to have miscarriages, broken or sprained limbs to help your sim heal, custody rules if parents divorce, wheelchairs and crutches, more stuff like that.

• The Sims™ 5 Pets. This time around, I want more minor pets i.e rabbits, gerbils, and guinea pigs. A lot of my friends have pets like those.

These are just a few ideas. :)
  • Options
    ImaSimsGeekImaSimsGeek Posts: 207 Member
    Sims 5 would be awesome! They should add preteens, and add new careers such as computer programmer or phone operator or dispatch! That would be neat!
  • Options
    simsfans143simsfans143 Posts: 3 New Member
    Bring toddler back.Also add open world in SIMS 5.
  • Options
    hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    I'd like to have the ability to have miscarriages, broken or sprained limbs to help your sim heal, custody rules if parents divorce, wheelchairs and crutches, more stuff like that.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but as someone who has suffered multiple pregnancy losses it would be extremely distressing for me to have that happen in a Sims game. The depth of grief is like no other. The loss of an unborn child is painful for anyone who has suffered this in their real world lives and I don't think we need to be reminded of that and all the associated emotions via a Sims game where we often go to de-stress from real life.

I don't think you meant any harm by suggesting it, but just saying how I feel about it.
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    I'd like to have the ability to have miscarriages, broken or sprained limbs to help your sim heal, custody rules if parents divorce, wheelchairs and crutches, more stuff like that.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but as someone who has suffered multiple pregnancy losses it would be extremely distressing for me to have that happen in a Sims game. The depth of grief is like no other. The loss of an unborn child is painful for anyone who has suffered this in their real world lives and I don't think we need to be reminded of that and all the associated emotions via a Sims game where we often go to de-stress from real life.

I don't think you meant any harm by suggesting it, but just saying how I feel about it.

I'm sorry you've lost your children... I agree having miscarriages would be a pointless feature, and I wouldn't play a game that had that feature or the feature to abort, that's just me though.
  • Options
    BrynnwittenburgBrynnwittenburg Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! A major think I would LOVE to see change about the sims is the game play style. I want a world like GTA. I want a game mode that allows me to physically control my sim and make it get in and out of its car and drive to the store and physically buy groceries and go home and take care of my toddler. Not just point and click. I want to move my sim. I think this would make the game so much more immersive. This is definitely what they should've done with ts4 on Xbox one. The same thing they did with the sims 2 on game cube and Nintendo. You control your character, you walk him or her into the kitchen to make dinner and you physically drive your car. This just sounds like so much fun to me. This has always been my dream game.