Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Them bills though...

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    Radprofile wrote: »
    Also, one way to reduce bills is to get the Frugal Reward Trait. It costs 2000 Satisfaction but is WELL worth it.

Hi, how much percentage it reduces? it could be good to know, is it's not too much, it can be taken as a "help" instead of almost totally avoid it, in my opinion the bills are good now, the challenge is welcome.

I don't know for sure, but it basically seemed to cap out my bills. I had a house FULL of art and it seemed to plateau.

• Options
    KurisutaruKurisutaru Posts: 70 Member
    I moved into a house to join a townie sim, and I had no idea the bills were going to be 9k, lol. I'm going to see how long I can last before I start selling furniture while I work her butt off to advance in her career.

I also found out I could "ask for loans" with Sims I'm good friends with. If I'm that desperate... just might. :p
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    We deliberately tuned bills to be higher in The Sims 4. We wanted them to be a back pressure, not a joke. If you guys think they are too high, please comment. We want your input.

Personally, I like that they matter beyond just the first week. But, who am I to comment?

You have succeeded. These bills are no joke!
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited September 2014
    My bills are okay at a little less than $600, but it is a struggle. I have two adults, a teen, 2 children, and a baby all in a 2bd/1ba starter home. The older kids are all sharing a room, and the teen had to get a job. Thankfully, the mother is a writer so she's making over $1200 in royalties at the moment on top of her pay, which is $400 per work day. Like the original poster said, "the struggle is real."

If sims could pay taxes I'd be rolling in refund money for all those kids!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    I just moved to a less expensive neighborhood but the house is about the same price so we will see how this goes...
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2014
    The bills in this game are absolutely nuts. In one of my saves, I have both adult Sims working—one being level 6 or 7 in the Astronomy career and the other something like level 5 in Culinary—and they earn JUST ENOUGH combined to pay bills over $2300 every week (with one of the Sims in the household having the Frugal reward), leaving them with something like $300.

Then, in a different save:

VhRyfjV.png

The bills on this house cost over $2000. Almost all of the nice objects in it are career rewards because my Sim is a Writer. The "cost of living" in this game is HEAVILY leaning in favor of crafting and other creativity-based skills. In my saves where none of my Sims in a household paint, write, or woodwork, the household just barely gets by. Meanwhile my Writer Sim is coasting through life. That seems awfully backwards.
  • Options
    DiSoAngelDiSoAngel Posts: 746 Member
    Woah....my bills were $300 something
  • Options
    Ouch! I hear that the creative people get a lot of money in royalties which kind of makes sense but us government workers need a nice paycheck, too!
  • Options
    1happysimmer1happysimmer Posts: 18 New Member
    My sims' bills ranked up $500 and they got 24 hours to pay it or off goes the lights. Lol, but what makes matters even worse is that they only have $64 to their name, so they're pretty much screwed at this point.
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    I like the more realistic bills..my main sim has a medium sized home filled with high end furnishings, art, rugs, and assorted decor and her bills are just over $2,000. She hustles for her simoleons by writing, selling collectables, and her regular job.
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    I'm doing fine as a hacker. I did a premade home..got some nice stuff in it now having to pay 2.000ish. Lucky maxed out hacker pays well. Just going to be tough to expand. I do like the pressure it adds. Kinda wish my evil sim could go around breaking into others homes and stealing things for profit lol.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I like the challenge, It makes me think before buying stuff for the house. Right now my bills are 580 something simoleons. I have one sim who's a writer and I have her publishing books and selling the rights to bring money flowing in. Plus the two jobs my Sims have. It's strange for me I don't feel obligated to use cheats, since the Sims move and get around fluently. Good job Maxis on The A.I. system.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    DeyltDeylt Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2014
    I had my electricity cuts off for two days, shortly after I had to add a room for my child... which I had to sell some furniture to build. And it's really fun to have this kind of challenge. In the end, my child was able to complain about the lack of electricity to the family's best friend who came to babysit her while their parents were working to get it back, but it happened that this best friend hates children so he got very annoyed by her complains. It was fun and it's not annoying to have to pay bills, since it can bring different stories.
    createarandomsim.com - Random Trait and Aspiration Generator.
  • Options
    Deylt wrote: »
    I had my electricity cuts off for two days, shortly after I had to add a room for my child... which I had to sell some furniture to build. And it's really fun to have this kind of challenge. In the end, my child was able to complain about the lack of electricity to the family's best friend who came to babysit her while their parents were working to get it back, but it happened that this best friend hates children so he got very annoyed by her complains. It was fun and it's not annoying to have to pay bills, since it can bring different stories.

Oh my goodness! That's pretty funny.
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    wow
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Icarus wrote: »
    The bills in this game are absolutely nuts. In one of my saves, I have both adult Sims working—one being level 6 or 7 in the Astronomy career and the other something like level 5 in Culinary—and they earn JUST ENOUGH combined to pay bills over $2300 every week (with one of the Sims in the household having the Frugal reward), leaving them with something like $300.

Then, in a different save:

VhRyfjV.png

The bills on this house cost over $2000. Almost all of the nice objects in it are career rewards because my Sim is a Writer. The "cost of living" in this game is HEAVILY leaning in favor of crafting and other creativity-based skills. In my saves where none of my Sims in a household paint, write, or woodwork, the household just barely gets by. Meanwhile my Writer Sim is coasting through life. That seems awfully backwards.

This one is weird. Back when my Sims lived in a space like this, they were nowhere near the $2000 mark. Where have you buried the gold???
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Deylt wrote: »

This makes me super happy; glad to hear fun stories and scenarios emerge from challenging bills :)
  • Options
    It's Monday, Tuesday is just around the corner! Can I pay my bills, can I pay my telephone bills, can I pay my automobile.... Oops, no cars ;P
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Ayuism wrote: »
    It's Monday, Tuesday is just around the corner! Can I pay my bills, can I pay my telephone bills, can I pay my automobile.... Oops, no cars ;P

In this game, it's rocket ship insurance aka ION LASERS.
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    > @Ayuism said:
    > SimGuruGrant wrote: »
    >
    > We deliberately tuned bills to be higher in The Sims 4. We wanted them to be a back pressure, not a joke. If you guys think they are too high, please comment. We want your input.
    >
    > Personally, I like that they matter beyond just the first week. But, who am I to comment?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You have succeeded. These bills are no joke!

I think the bills should be higher with bigger houses and I do think the more electronics you add to your house should add to your bills because of electricity. However, I don't think buying a more expensive bed or art should add to bills or if they do, just minimally for maybe insurance or something.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    > @Ayuism said:<br />
    > SimGuruGrant wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > We deliberately tuned bills to be higher in The Sims 4. We wanted them to be a back pressure, not a joke. If you guys think they are too high, please comment. We want your input.<br />
    > <br />
    > Personally, I like that they matter beyond just the first week. But, who am I to comment?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You have succeeded. These bills are no joke!<br />
    <br />
    I think the bills should be higher with bigger houses and I do think the more electronics you add to your house should add to your bills because of electricity. However, I don't think buying a more expensive bed or art should add to bills or if they do, just minimally for maybe insurance or something.

they are higher with bigger houses. my 5 bedroom house is a premade in Oasis springs, and they have every expensive item furniture wise. their bills are 18k, and i'm not even mad lol though i was when my family of 4 had 4k and were merely only level 3 at their jobs with two kids lol
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    @Ayuism that legit made me LOL . i think itrs a great addition to the game :)
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    > @Linnyxx17 said:
    > michellecbus81 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > they are higher with bigger houses. my 5 bedroom house is a premade in Oasis springs, and they have every expensive item furniture wise. their bills are 18k, and i'm not even mad lol though i was when my family of 4 had 4k and were merely only level 3 at their jobs with two kids lol

No, I was saying I AGREE that they should be higher with bigger houses but...and then the rest of my post.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    > @Linnyxx17 said:<br />
    > michellecbus81 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > they are higher with bigger houses. my 5 bedroom house is a premade in Oasis springs, and they have every expensive item furniture wise. their bills are 18k, and i'm not even mad lol though i was when my family of 4 had 4k and were merely only level 3 at their jobs with two kids lol<br />
    <br />
    No, I was saying I AGREE that they should be higher with bigger houses but...and then the rest of my post.

oh yeah i agree. my bank doesn't base my mortgage on what type of bed i have. but i think the game does depends on electricity also and how many lights are on. i did a test where my sims had all the lights on all the time the bill came to 19.9k. and then i had all the lights off for a week it was about low 18k
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    I'm LOVING the bills. Makes the Legacy Challenge harder in a natural and organic way. The higher you climb, the steeper the hill gets.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top