Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Them bills though...

Comments

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Thats what you get for moving into an affluent area lol
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Ayuism wrote: »
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    Aotearoa14 wrote: »
    It's great. The motherloders can pay the bills without worrying and the players who like a challenge have got a challenge. Well thought out.

This whole thread also made me realise that my second generation may not be able to afford the house if the first generation die too soon. That'll be interesting.

Does The Sims 4 have an inheritance function?

Not sure since nobody has died yet. If royalties transfer to children, I'll be very impressed. I think I'll be saving cash up now just in case, though. Give them a buffer to step up if calamity befalls their parents.
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    2011simone wrote: »

I knowwwwww! But I didn't think the bills would be THAT high. They make a healthy 4-5 grand per week, I thought that would be enough :( Sad day for me, gotta move them I guess. Or keep cheating. I honestly don't like to cheat. In The Sims 3 I was able to have a family (after about 3 generations) make 4 million simoleons from work and business assets. It's not that easy this time around!
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Ayuism wrote: »
    2011simone wrote: »

I knowwwwww! But I didn't think the bills would be THAT high. They make a healthy 4-5 grand per week, I thought that would be enough :( Sad day for me, gotta move them I guess. Or keep cheating. I honestly don't like to cheat. In The Sims 3 I was able to have a family (after about 3 generations) make 4 million simoleons from work and business assets. It's not that easy this time around!

Perhaps move them out for now but with the mentality of "one day we shall reclaim what is ours!"
  • Options
    I might just move them to the empty lot next door LOL. Build from there. Because I'm seriously in love with the neighborhood. It's gorgeous and you can tell it's upscale. Tonight I will embark on my FIRST BUILDING EXPERIENCE IN THE SIMS 4! I will post pics if I'm anywhere near done by midnight lol.
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    It's a good and accurate way to keep the money at a reasonable amount. In the Sims 3 I ended up earning over 80,000 Simoleans and only paying a few hundred for Bills even though the house was worth 100,000+
  • Options
    Yeah that was a bit silly. I just can't imagine how much the bills are for that super rich neighborhood up the street. I need to pay those Sims a visit and get financial advice ;)
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bills in Sims 3 were too low, in Sims 4 its too high. Unless you are paying rent on everything you own it does not reflect real life (for those arguing its more realistic), My rent does not go up in real life because I got a new couch, hung a picture, and bought an Xbox. If it did we would all be out in the streets. It is fun though spending more time trying to make ends meet rather than improving ones self, THAT part reflects real life well, what I think is really funny is you do not get any bills if no one has a job. I spent enough money making a starter home on an empty lot and had 6000 left. That 6000 became around 2-3k after a few weeks spending on food and repair bills.
  • Options
    You really don't get bills of you have not job? What is that, welfare?!
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    my sim's bills are 485. I couldn't pay them for a week! cause she had Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday off. so I needed to send her to work Friday and Saturday before she could pay bills. She had no power first.. then I think it was two days later the water was off. couldn't turn nothing on until sunday morning. I had to take her to the gym to shower. luckily your sims do not need light to read. haha
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    Wow, the struggle is real right about now. My sims' bills are about $400. I moved them into that cheap Crick Cabana house and upgraded the bed and TV. I wonder if the "No bills ever" reward will make a reappearance in a future EP. I forgot which EP that one came with for TS3. If it does come back, hopefully not too soon. I rather like the way the bill system is now. My sims gotta get their hustle on in order to survive.

my sim was living there! just moved her and boyfriend to a new neighborhood. I liked that little house
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    > @Ayuism said:
    > You really don't get bills of you have not job? What is that, welfare?!
    In the sense that you don't get charged bills but you don't get money till you go off to get a job. at least thats what my Sims been doing for weeks. He really has not been doing anything other than getting skills up and Whoohooing. Eventually i will have him play for tips or something, but stay away from that evil job! Makes you pay bills!
  • Options
    VitmanVitman Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2014
    my last bills were around 600 bucks, one of my sims brings in about 2k a day with his job, and his wife brings in around 700 a day, they both work at least 4 days a week. No $ problems in my house.

I didn't go and buy them the best of everything, most the upgrades to things around the house have been career rewards. I have them repair their own stuff when it breaks so no costs there, don't think my funds have dropped below 7000 bucks yet. Oh yeah and they have a kid that has made it to a teenager
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    I look forward to the challenge.

Banners.jpg
  • Options
    TheMaddestMadamTheMaddestMadam Posts: 91 Member
    I've enjoyed the challenge, myself. Both my sims have to work to keep the bills paid in their house, and have just a bit of play money after food costs. Adds a bit of realism to things. :)
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Right now I think my sims bills are 400 and that is a struggle for them especially since they live in a box. Literally. I do have to admit I do like the struggle. Hopefully I can keep their utilities on. lol
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    The struggle is hard but funny i kinda like the work you have to put in
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    > @Linnyxx17 said:
    > My rich sims in their mansion in Oasis springs is 18k! woot woot!

here should be a leaderboard "Highest bill"
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    lol that would be funny
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Just consider it a redistribution of wealth and this is your leader of the free world.

3136ia0.jpg

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2014
    Oh my goodness! Well.. that worries me a little as I just made my Legacy founders a new home... and they're already low on funds and only have a bathroom and bedroom. No kitchen appliances, or living room... and yeah.. they're gonna have to get to WORK!

Totally forgot that bills are based on the house size (?) and the amount of objects and that stuff... D; oops!

Ehem.. off-topic.. sorry..
    @Linnyxx17 D; Your signature has got to STOP staring at me like that. :P..
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am soooo excited to play with these bills! In TS2, I am always adding hacks to prevent my sims from getting top career promotions (even to the point of re-rolling their aspirations so that they don't have a job completion goal to fulfil) and I add and edit (to make it more expensive) mods that require daily fees for private school so that only my upper middle class sims can afford it. I LOOOOOOVE money challenges.
  • Options
    katyasmnvkatyasmnv Posts: 103 Member
    I actually quite like higher bills. My Sims' bills went from couple of hundreds to slightly under 2K for now. They never really struggled to pay them yet. I did skip the payment once just to see what happens though :) When they cut off utilities is much more realistic than repo man!

I also like the fact that now not only do you need to know whether you can afford a more expensive house, but also if you can afford living in it ;)
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    ..and I was complaining that I wasn't getting ANY bills lol
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    My family just built a new house and their bills are around $1500. Money is different but I like it so far. I don't mind that my ya can't afford a big house. Most can't. I hope that some good apartment EP will come out. I loved that in TS2. So much easier to get a sim started in an apartment. More social, too. Didn't like the apartment features in 3. Never quite worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top