Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Them bills though...

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    We deliberately tuned bills to be higher in The Sims 4. We wanted them to be a back pressure, not a joke. If you guys think they are too high, please comment. We want your input.

Personally, I like that they matter beyond just the first week. But, who am I to comment?
  • Options
    Also, one way to reduce bills is to get the Frugal Reward Trait. It costs 2000 Satisfaction but is WELL worth it.
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    i finally got my over $3000.00 bills and stared working hard on my sims skills etc at work for promotions now that i understand how it works better...*sigh* this is hard but i luv it
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hit "motherlode" to 5 million..., she's happy now! :p
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    don't hold this against me or anything but, I *think* that maybe the bills are less if you try to turn things sims are not using off, like... I have a radio in my sims Kitchen, and every single time a sim is in there they turn it on to listen to music while eating or cooking in the kitchen, and if I do not turn it off manually the radio will stay on forever xD so i gotta turn it off when no one is in there.. The bills do not actually come too frequently so I always have time to make money to pay them, it is very rare my bills are over 2k.... but I was just curious if anyone has noticed if bills are less if you use less electronic stuff.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    IKR. My sims family just moved in next door to the Goth's and before they even had their baby the bills were nearly $5k. Now they have 4 kids and it went up another 1-2k. Luckily I always give my families a first time home buyers loan for them to pay off, lol.
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Also, one way to reduce bills is to get the Frugal Reward Trait. It costs 2000 Satisfaction but is WELL worth it.

I've actually been avoiding the Frugal Reward Trait because I like how high the bills are getting! I've put some decoration units around my house to simulate air conditioning in the desert to explain why the power bill is the way it is.
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014
    We deliberately tuned bills to be higher in The Sims 4. We wanted them to be a back pressure, not a joke. If you guys think they are too high, please comment. We want your input.

Personally, I like that they matter beyond just the first week. But, who am I to comment?

Banners.jpg
  • Options
    DrGorilla wrote: »

I've actually been avoiding the Frugal Reward Trait because I like how high the bills are getting! I've put some decoration units around my house to simulate air conditioning in the desert to explain why the power bill is the way it is.

You make Graham happy.
  • Options
    Remember your grandparents "Turn that etc ;) dang light off, dont leave the door open you are letting out the air..
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    So I am really worried that I have not received a bill yet. No pay bill option on mailbox.
  • Options
    simmey1 wrote: »
    So I am really worried that I have not received a bill yet. No pay bill option on mailbox.

it took a while for me but when they showed up i gasped lol
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Remember your grandparents "Turn that etc ;) dang light off, dont leave the door open you are letting out the air..

Add a 45 min sermon on the "Evils of living on credit", You have my Grandfather.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I got the reward because I like to spend my sims money on things they don't really need, like lots.. and lots.. of clutter and lights! 8D....
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    I love clutter. I'm hoping it doesn't add to the bill because clutter is so gorgeous.
  • Options

Add a 45 min sermon on the "Evils of living on credit", You have my Grandfather.

Wait what you got her too...no way did she and your grandpaw walk uphill in the snow with no shoes both ways didnt need no smartphone or internet..y you texting me just call lol

• Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member

Hi, how much percentage it reduces? it could be good to know, is it's not too much, it can be taken as a "help" instead of almost totally avoid it, in my opinion the bills are good now, the challenge is welcome.
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Why was it that when my mom walked into a room where someone was asleep with their mouth open she would always say, "He's/She's catching flies"? Still haven't figured that one out. :|
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    ndavis81ndavis81 Posts: 12 New Member
    My Sim's teen daughter came home from a date, and the lights were shut off. Homegirl got a job immediately to help mom out. Time to downsize!
  • Options
    Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm trying to not use cheats at all. Thank god my Sims is now Level 10 in programming she can just hack into bank accounts. That sad moment she successfully hacks Plumbook stealing 0 dollars, I guess my Sim will steal from Supercomputer and making viruses from now on.
  • Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    We want your input.

I absolutely agree!
    Bills are a challenge in real life for almost everyone except the richest of the rich. It brings more challenge and realism to the game.
    It also makes your legacies more fun! You need multiple generations to build up a good fortune, rather than having everyone past the first or second living in the lap of luxury; there's no challenge. I am looking forward to playing a legacy for the first time in a long time; and it's because I need to have more than 2 generations to make my sims successful. :)
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    Where's my money man? Where's my money?

Love the thread :) Good feedback all around, and I'm especially curious to see if people feel the bills get too aggressive at higher levels when you're living in a mansion.
  • Options
    simmey1 wrote: »

Every Tuesday.

• Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Hm - huge bills? A real good reason to start small, really small and work up house size alongside career progression. Does this cramp our play style? Well, yes - I'd sooner my sims weren't offscreen in workplace non/rabbit holes trying to pay the rent half the time I'm playing.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    ndavis81ndavis81 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @SimGuruSemedi said:
    > Where's my money man? Where's my money?
    >
    > Love the thread Good feedback all around, and I'm especially curious to see if people feel the bills get too aggressive at higher levels when you're living in a mansion.

Nope. Bills are perfect. Don't get a mansion if you can't afford to cool and heat that thing, let alone turn the lights on. So, so real.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top