Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I purchased it, I returned it...

Comments

• Options
    ShySimmer88ShySimmer88 Posts: 327 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    averee90 wrote: »
    Sorry the game wasn't for you and hopefully you'll come back. We made the decision to do the worlds and loading like we did for two key reasons:

1. The game performs much better with distinct lots and we're able to put much better art and game code for each lot. We can do more with them. In the open world, everything has to run all the time and both visuals and game content suffer.

2. In The Sims 3, we didn't like how players had to uproot their families when we made new worlds. That felt unfair. Now, you can travel and move to other worlds quickly without having to fundamentally change your household. In the same way I live in San Francisco and work in Redwood City, Sims can do the same.

Hope that helps understand our reasons. Again, hope to see you back. Thanks for your opinion and for supporting us.

So where were you when people were posting 🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸. in the forums? :)

It's a legit question.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not on the web team so there's a lot of stuff that goes on here I miss. I spend my days on the game.

And yet you're here now, trying to sell the game...

The gurus are finally answering our questions... please don't scare them away :cold_sweat:

After reading some of the posts in this thread directed towards Grant I am no longer surprised why they don't post more often.

Did you see the hydra thread? This was not bad at all!
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    Sorry the game wasn't for you and hopefully you'll come back. We made the decision to do the worlds and loading like we did for two key reasons:

1. The game performs much better with distinct lots and we're able to put much better art and game code for each lot. We can do more with them. In the open world, everything has to run all the time and both visuals and game content suffer.

2. In The Sims 3, we didn't like how players had to uproot their families when we made new worlds. That felt unfair. Now, you can travel and move to other worlds quickly without having to fundamentally change your household. In the same way I live in San Francisco and work in Redwood City, Sims can do the same.

Hope that helps understand our reasons. Again, hope to see you back. Thanks for your opinion and for supporting us.

It's a legit question.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not on the web team so there's a lot of stuff that goes on here I miss. I spend my days on the game.

The gurus are finally answering our questions... please don't scare them away :cold_sweat:

After reading some of the posts in this thread directed towards Grant I am no longer surprised why they don't post more often.

There you are. Thank goodness.

I'm always with you. As you look back at the beach behind you you will see a set of footprints besides yours in the sand, that was me. And those times where there is only 1 set of footprints? Those are the times I carried you.
  • Options

It's a legit question.

Did you see the hydra thread? This was not bad at all!

I missed a Hydra thread? :(
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

It's a legit question.

I'm always with you. As you look back at the beach behind you you will see a set of footprints besides yours in the sand, that was me. And those times where there is only 1 set of footprints? Those are the times I carried you.
    Dude! Can you be any hokier?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

It's a legit question.

Dude! Can you be any hokier?

I'm sure I could be if I tried. Shall I try?

Also you missed it earlier ebuchala, someone was giving me the whole "There are starving children!" speech in regards to how people spend their money.
  • Options
    PapajPapaj Posts: 32 Member
    stuff all you people I'm going back to the sims 1 ;)
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2014
    bflury wrote: »
    EA actually is listening...I think I might faint..

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Then you'll make Sims 5 better?
    Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

We adjust our min specs based on what our players use. We have a massive collection of data based on what our players use. We think about this for YEARS.

It's a little sad everyone's already talking about Sims 5. Ah well.

It's because too much was left out of Sims 4, stuff that catered to legacy players--those who like to play families. The game devs seriously didn't realize this might happen? :\

1. no family tree
    2. no toddlers
    3. teens same height as adults
    4. babies 'tied' to their cribs, one cannot take them outdoors or anything!
    5. something else I'm sure I've forgotten

This game needed to be more fully fleshed out, and should've included cars along with an OPEN world with an eye toward ensuring the least amount of routing errors. Make everything flat if you want, but at least make it open world? And CASt is very important to a lot of simmers. I use CASt constantly in my Sims 3.

I don't think this is too much to ask for a successive game.

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

I know, I actually made a thread about Sims 5 a while back in Ideas & Feedback, but was too chicken to go back to it, since I feared the thread had gotten overrun by over zealous fans and trolls. LOL. Maybe someday I'll venture back over there. By now the thread is likely on page 100.

Yes I also want open world and CASt in the next game. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase. And enough features for the legacy players! (toddlers, etc.)
    Search is your friend, my friend. I am surprised you actually made a thread in Ideas & Feedback, I thought that was where they moved threads to slowly die...

It looks interesting, but I am too distracted watching the LGR review right now.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Is he gone...? Dangnabbit, he never answered my question :s That's fine, I'm persistent I'll just ask again the next time a guru comes (hopefully this is a sign of them coming to this forum instead of just sticking to Twitter) and I'll post the pic in the question. Meh, I know I have all the time in the world until I don't to buy the game, but it was just sooo close to getting the one question--the only reason I registered on this forum to ask--two inches shy of being answered that makes me go... ARRRGH!

Yeah, you're right Joe. No employee of any company should have to suffer someone being rude to them. Especially when they are trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2014

I know, I actually made a thread about Sims 5 a while back in Ideas & Feedback, but was too chicken to go back to it, since I feared the thread had gotten overrun by over zealous fans and trolls. LOL. Maybe someday I'll venture back over there. By now the thread is likely on page 100.

Yes I also want open world and CASt in the next game. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase. And enough features for the legacy players! (toddlers, etc.)
    I replied in there... I'm a bit more demanding than you :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member

Was I too harsh?
    I missed a Hydra thread? :(

It was embarrassing. I left it. I didn't want to be associated with it.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    If ever Grant (or any Sim Guru) talks to us again they should really tell us when they need to leave...
  • Options
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    I did the same thing, bought it and returned it. I was really disappointed in the lack of game play. It just felt like my playing style, which is family oriented has been stripped from the game. There are other reasons I didn't care for the game, but they have been discussed over and over, so not much point in saying it again.

This is exactly why I won't be buying TS4. -_- My way to play is gone Mr. Guru, and no amount of EPs is going to fix that .

THIS.

It's all 'bros' and young adults and parties. S.e.x. drugs & rock n' roll! No thanks.

Not quite. I can't say our demos were the best, but they are only reflective of a tiny portion of the game.

Thanks for answering. I know I can be harsh, it's just frustrating how disappointed I was when I first learned of all the cut/left out features in this game.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I'm sure I could be if I tried. Shall I try?

Also you missed it earlier ebuchala, someone was giving me the whole "There are starving children!" speech in regards to how people spend their money.

Uh, that's ok. I'll pass. XD

I missed that conversation, which is probably a good thing. It annoys me ever so much.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options

We adjust our min specs based on what our players use. We have a massive collection of data based on what our players use. We think about this for YEARS.

I'm in no hurry for Sims 5. I love Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm starting to love Sims 4, despite what it lacks in content. I'm getting used to the controls and gameplay.

Personally, I'm in no hurry for Sims 4.

• Options
    Sincerbox wrote: »

Was I too harsh?

Yes!

Thanks a lot, Sincerbox!
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    It was embarrassing. I left it. I didn't want to be associated with it.

What was so bad about it? Anyone have a link? :/
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member

It's because too much was left out of Sims 4, stuff that catered to legacy players--those who like to play families. The game devs seriously didn't realize this might happen? :\

1. no family tree
    2. no toddlers
    3. teens same height as adults
    4. babies 'tied' to their cribs, one cannot take them outdoors or anything!
    5. something else I'm sure I've forgotten

This game needed to be more fully fleshed out, and should've included cars along with an OPEN world with an eye toward ensuring the least amount of routing errors. Make everything flat if you want, but at least make it open world? And CASt is very important to a lot of simmers. I use CASt constantly in my Sims 3.

That, AND they lost a lot of their market by taking out CAST and dumbing down build/buy options (eg. no pools). The creators and the legacy players are left out in the cold. Those groups encompass a huge portion of fans for the Sims franchise. Sort of sad that EA staff is so disconnected in terms of what it's players want and what they think they want...

And if any Guru/Mod/Whateverthehellyourecalled reads this then my only advice for the future would be to actually listen to potential buyers.
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

I'm in no hurry for Sims 5. I love Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm starting to love Sims 4, despite what it lacks in content. I'm getting used to the controls and gameplay.

You do have to understand that if they jumped ship and started on The Sims 5 now any and everyone who bought The Sims 4 and probably a fair few people who didn't would feel grossly betrayed.
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »

You do have to understand that if they jumped ship and started on The Sims 5 now any and everyone who bought The Sims 4 and probably a fair few people who didn't would feel grossly betrayed.

I'm banking on at least as much time as Sims 3 got or else I and my play-style will feel grossly betrayed. Weirdly, Sims 4 is the first Sims in which I am embarking on a lengthy legacy play-through.

But yeah, developing Sims 5 and leaving Sims 4 in the ditch would be my final straw with Maxis, and I've been with them since Sim Earth. (Missed SimCity 1 by a year.) That's nearly 25 years now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here ya go, Grant...

SIMS 5

Here's what I'd like in the base game--pretty please?:

1. More than 8 careers, including typical sim careers such as the medical profession and business careers.

2. Please make actual babies, instead of objects that are tied to their bassinets.

3. Please include basic life stages including toddlers.

4. Please include CASt.

5. A complete open world without loading screens - unless you include a load screen to a separate neighborhood.

6. Please include varying heights in all age groups.

7. Please update the graphics to compete with Sims 3, and make it obvious that this is truly a 'Next Generation Game'; it doesn't have to be GTA V graphics, just something slightly better than TS3 and not so darn cartoonish. Please?

8. Please ensure there are minimal routing errors in the open world. If modders can do this, EA game devs should be able to do this. No?

9. Please ensure there is minimal clipping.

10. Please include basics such as swimming pools in the base game.

11. Please charge a reasonable amount for this. $70 is fine, because a base game like this would be worlds better than TS4.

12. Please include a family tree.

13. Please include realistic transportation--not teleporting.

Lastly, thanks a bunch. :) It's not asking for a whole lot. I guarantee a sequel like this will sell a bunch, earn you tons of $$, and great reviews (as opposed to negative reviews on the likes of Amazon.com--currently 91 1-star reviews). This would also help redeem the gurus/devs' reputation.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    I totally agree with Lady8jane. If people are getting bored they are not playing this game as a new game but they are trying to play it like Sims 3. You miss everything if you do that. But I am just loving everything and all the little surprises. I am also enjoying the rewards and the useful potions that gives the sim a quick needed bump when trying to finish something they are doing. Realistic for sure. I liked Sims 3 well enough - even though the routing was horrid - but I never got comfortable with trying to play families and the robotic ways the sims acted. Often I found the actual robots in the game funnier than and more human acting than the sims. - and really missed the way Sims 2 sims were. Well not only is the Sims 2 acting sims back they are even better - much more modern and so human like compared to sims 3. I just can't get enough of playing this game and just keep finding more little surprises. I just met the "magic tree" and wow - is all I can say. To think I did not realize that was the rumored tree and my sims practically live next door to it - I was looking everywhere but of course in my sims own little hood - hehehe.
    Even though families play much better in Sims 4 and jumping between households is a breeze now with nothing lost - I did choose to make my family in CAS with kid age kids as I was just not ready to see an infant become a child - but outside of that - no toddler - thing, I really love this game a ton better than Sims 3.

ETA -Just had to mention that whoever came up with the Showboat paddleboat gets a big thumbs up from me. I just love watching that thing travelling by as my sims are fishing. It is as mesmerizing as I used to get watching the Sims 3 train. I love stuff like that. I also find myself wishing my sims could ride those things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    I am staring at the most selfish disagree click on my post and wondering what there was to disagree with given that I was just sharing how I felt.
  • Options

It's a legit question.

I hear ya. Sorry.

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Here ya go, Grant...

SIMS 5

Here's what I'd like in the base game--pretty please?:

1. More than 8 careers, including typical sim careers such as the medical profession and business careers.

2. Please make actual babies, instead of objects that are tied to their bassinets.

3. Please include basic life stages including toddlers.

4. Please include CASt.

5. A complete open world without loading screens - unless you include a load screen to a separate neighborhood.

6. Please include varying heights in all age groups.

7. Please update the graphics to compete with Sims 3, and make it obvious that this is truly a 'Next Generation Game'; it doesn't have to be GTA V graphics, just something slightly better than TS3 and not so darn cartoonish. Please?

8. Please ensure there are minimal routing errors in the open world. If modders can do this, EA game devs should be able to do this. No?

9. Please ensure there is minimal clipping.

10. Please include basics such as swimming pools in the base game.

11. Please charge a reasonable amount for this. $70 is fine, because a base game like this would be worlds better than TS4.

12. Please include a family tree.

13. Please include realistic transportation--not teleporting.

Lastly, thanks a bunch. :) It's not asking for a whole lot.

And CaW, the color wheel, terrain tools...
    In creating my own worlds with CaW, I did not see the routing problems that are being discussed...so let me create my own worlds, Please. o:)
    Oh, and an expansion pack that goes back in the time...with horse and carriages/western style. That would be a great fist expansion for The Sims 5. :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Search is your friend, my friend. I am surprised you actually made a thread in Ideas & Feedback, I thought that was where they moved threads to slowly die...

It looks interesting, but I am too distracted watching the LGR review right now.

lol true, I wasn't really thinking about how dead I&F is. I'd meant to bump the thread regularly, but... didn't quite work out that way. :\

I'll have to check out LGR's review, hehe. Thanks for the link! Also thanks for the link to my thread, but I really need to edit it since it sounds so very harsh. I was having a 'moment' when I wrote it. :p