Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I purchased it, I returned it...

Comments

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    I am staring at the most selfish disagree click on my post and wondering what there was to disagree with given that I was just sharing how I felt.

Careful, sharing too many differing opinions soon leads to flagging your posts as spam or abusive.

You better get in line and conform, soldier!
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    averee90 wrote: »
    Here ya go, Grant...

SIMS 5

Here's what I'd like in the base game--pretty please?:

1. More than 8 careers, including typical sim careers such as the medical profession and business careers.

2. Please make actual babies, instead of objects that are tied to their bassinets.

3. Please include basic life stages including toddlers.

4. Please include CASt.

5. A complete open world without loading screens - unless you include a load screen to a separate neighborhood.

6. Please include varying heights in all age groups.

7. Please update the graphics to compete with Sims 3, and make it obvious that this is truly a 'Next Generation Game'; it doesn't have to be GTA V graphics, just something slightly better than TS3 and not so darn cartoonish. Please?

8. Please ensure there are minimal routing errors in the open world. If modders can do this, EA game devs should be able to do this. No?

9. Please ensure there is minimal clipping.

10. Please include basics such as swimming pools in the base game.

11. Please charge a reasonable amount for this. $70 is fine, because a base game like this would be worlds better than TS4.

12. Please include a family tree.

13. Please include realistic transportation--not teleporting.

Lastly, thanks a bunch. :) It's not asking for a whole lot.

And CaW, the color wheel, terrain tools...
    In creating my own worlds with CaW, I did not see the routing problems that are being discussed...so let me create my own worlds, Please. o:)
    Oh, and an expansion pack that goes back in the time...with horse and carriages/western style. That would be a great fist expansion for The Sims 5. :smile:

Yes this too. :)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    camman1995 wrote: »
    bflury wrote: »
    EA actually is listening...I think I might faint..

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Then you'll make Sims 5 better?
    Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

We adjust our min specs based on what our players use. We have a massive collection of data based on what our players use. We think about this for YEARS.

It's a little sad everyone's already talking about Sims 5. Ah well.

I'm in no hurry for Sims 5. I love Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm starting to love Sims 4, despite what it lacks in content. I'm getting used to the controls and gameplay.

Personally, I'm in no hurry for Sims 4.

You do have to understand that if they jumped ship and started on The Sims 5 now any and everyone who bought The Sims 4 and probably a fair few people who didn't would feel grossly betrayed.

Good point. But they don't have to jump ship on Sims 4, they can continue working on Sims 5 as they're making EPs for Sims 4. Isn't that how they always do it anyway? Or am I wrong? Like most people have said, the devs usually begin working on a successor as soon as the previous game is released.

• Options

We're always watching. We're just not always able to comment. You guys are our heart and soul. Without you, we can't pay the bills. We listen.

Actually, chances are they are already planning it or will within the year. Game development takes 4-5 years.

Which brings me to my next point... @SimGuruGrant I know it won't happen in Sims 4. But for the love of god could you please put Open World and CAST as the top 2 items on your priority for this game. Followed closely by dynamic height for the Sims :)

I don't use a TI-83 calculator to play Sims, so bumping up the min. requirements if necessary is ok in my book :)

I know, I actually made a thread about Sims 5 a while back in Ideas & Feedback, but was too chicken to go back to it, since I feared the thread had gotten overrun by over zealous fans and trolls. LOL. Maybe someday I'll venture back over there. By now the thread is likely on page 100.

Yes I also want open world and CASt in the next game. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase. And enough features for the legacy players! (toddlers, etc.)
    I replied in there... I'm a bit more demanding than you :)

See what I miss when I allow the trolls to intimidate me? It really s.u.c.k.s. It's just that others had posted Sims 5 threads and immediately got shot down by people who said stuff like, "Why are you already whining about Sims 5 when Sims 4 isn't even out yet?!" and stuff like that. :( So I'd chickened out after writing that novel of a post.

Oh, and thank you for replying on there! :)

• Options
    rosierealearosierealea Posts: 419 Member
    > @Dec3338 said:
    > I been playing the sims since sims1. This is the first time I have stopped playing the new game for the older game.

Same here. I've played The Sims since the day the first one came out, and have loved each new incarnation in the series. I even scheduled Tuesday off from work so I could pick TS4 up at midnight and enjoy playing all day. What a mistake. I should have saved my time and my money.

The closed world, loading screens, and the whole feeling of having taken a huge leap backwards have completely soured me on TS4. Sure, the Build Mode improvements are absolutely top notch. But what's the point of spending time customizing a home that you don't actually want to play in?

In the three days that I've owned it, I've only clocked about 5 hours of actual gameplay. What's become of this game is a darn shame. I'm actually pretty bummed about it.

Looks like I will be reinstalling TS3. Until some major improvements are made, I simply have little interest in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    rk800 wrote: »

We adjust our min specs based on what our players use. We have a massive collection of data based on what our players use. We think about this for YEARS.

It's because too much was left out of Sims 4, stuff that catered to legacy players--those who like to play families. The game devs seriously didn't realize this might happen? :\

1. no family tree
    2. no toddlers
    3. teens same height as adults
    4. babies 'tied' to their cribs, one cannot take them outdoors or anything!
    5. something else I'm sure I've forgotten

This game needed to be more fully fleshed out, and should've included cars along with an OPEN world with an eye toward ensuring the least amount of routing errors. Make everything flat if you want, but at least make it open world? And CASt is very important to a lot of simmers. I use CASt constantly in my Sims 3.

That, AND they lost a lot of their market by taking out CAST and dumbing down build/buy options (eg. no pools). The creators and the legacy players are left out in the cold. Those groups encompass a huge portion of fans for the Sims franchise. Sort of sad that EA staff is so disconnected in terms of what it's players want and what they think they want...

And if any Guru/Mod/Whateverthehellyourecalled reads this then my only advice for the future would be to actually listen to potential buyers.

Yeah, to me there is a lack of ways to create in Sims 4. I'm one of the creative types, so that's just another thing I'd miss from the game.

Add it to the list, lol.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Did I really scare you away, Grant?? I'm sorry! Please come back!! Pleaaaaaaaase! For goodness sake, I honestly didn't mean to run you off. I was just asking the hard questions.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Really?!

I leave for work for only a couple hours and all this crap happens! I missed out on so much!

Haha, well thank you Guru for coming in and giving us information as best you could and answering simmers' questions and addressing concerns. It was unexpected and a nice treat :)

Now get back to work :cracks whip: you've got expansions to make that will make me change my mind!!
    I kid, I kid... :3

Now let's go make some dinner!
  • Options
    Chris3000Chris3000 Posts: 218 Member
    Because The Sims 4 is a 32 bit program it is very limited. It should have been a 64 bit program, maybe then you could of had open worlds with tons of ultra detail objects....
  • Options
    Chris3000 wrote: »
    Because The Sims 4 is a 32 bit program it is very limited. It should have been a 64 bit program, maybe then you could of had open worlds with tons of ultra detail objects....

Being 32 bit is not "very limiting."

Most games only utilize 4 gigs of RAM.
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    I dare you to not to buy it again or I'll eat you alive.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I totally agree with Lady8jane. If people are getting bored they are not playing this game as a new game but they are trying to play it like Sims 3. You miss everything if you do that. But I am just loving everything and all the little surprises. I am also enjoying the rewards and the useful potions that gives the sim a quick needed bump when trying to finish something they are doing. Realistic for sure. I liked Sims 3 well enough - even though the routing was horrid - but I never got comfortable with trying to play families and the robotic ways the sims acted. Often I found the actual robots in the game funnier than and more human acting than the sims. - and really missed the way Sims 2 sims were. Well not only is the Sims 2 acting sims back they are even better - much more modern and so human like compared to sims 3. I just can't get enough of playing this game and just keep finding more little surprises. I just met the "magic tree" and wow - is all I can say. To think I did not realize that was the rumored tree and my sims practically live next door to it - I was looking everywhere but of course in my sims own little hood - hehehe.
    Even though families play much better in Sims 4 and jumping between households is a breeze now with nothing lost - I did choose to make my family in CAS with kid age kids as I was just not ready to see an infant become a child - but outside of that - no toddler - thing, I really love this game a ton better than Sims 3.

ETA -Just had to mention that whoever came up with the Showboat paddleboat gets a big thumbs up from me. I just love watching that thing travelling by as my sims are fishing. It is as mesmerizing as I used to get watching the Sims 3 train. I love stuff like that. I also find myself wishing my sims could ride those things.

As I have said before, there should be no RIGHT or WRONG way to play the sims 3. The fact that you are telling people how to play the game for them to enjoy it is the biggest problem. Sims has always been about the player and how YOU want to play as a player. The fact that you are saying "If you aren't enjoying it, you can't play it like sims 3" is so wrong and the opposite of what the sims has ALWAYS been about for 14 years....As a simmer I should be able to play in the same ways I have played other Iterations, whether thats taking pictures, having families, CAS, building, etc....
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    I am staring at the most selfish disagree click on my post and wondering what there was to disagree with given that I was just sharing how I felt.

Careful, sharing too many differing opinions soon leads to flagging your posts as spam or abusive.

I was actually flagged in my first post on this forum. It was equally bewildering.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    People should be able to play the game the way they want to, not adhere to some standard. I thought the idea of the sims to begin with was for people to be able to play their way.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options

I was actually flagged in my first post on this forum. It was equally bewildering.

That was just your friendly "Welcome to the forums" flag.
  • Options

That was just your friendly "Welcome to the forums" flag.

Like the Cheshire Cat whispering, "we're all spam here"?
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    so sad...too bad :'(
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

I'm in no hurry for Sims 5. I love Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm starting to love Sims 4, despite what it lacks in content. I'm getting used to the controls and gameplay.

You do have to understand that if they jumped ship and started on The Sims 5 now any and everyone who bought The Sims 4 and probably a fair few people who didn't would feel grossly betrayed.

Good point. But they don't have to jump ship on Sims 4, they can continue working on Sims 5 as they're making EPs for Sims 4. Isn't that how they always do it anyway? Or am I wrong? Like most people have said, the devs usually begin working on a successor as soon as the previous game is released.

I thought the currently prevailing statement was that The Sims 4 was made over the past two years, meaning they began work long after The Sims 3's release.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member

Please make it better! With CASt, more open (and MUCH larger) worlds, all the life states, real story progression (like Twallan's SP for TS3), and not online! Though, I agree, an optional LAN feature could be cool. And horses with Pets (assuming there would be a Pets EP)!

It is difficult not to think of Sims 5 since so much of my play (families/legacies), and all the lovely creative freedom freedom TS3 allowed, are currently lacking in the game.

But mostly, we know the next one starts shortly after the previous releases so we want you guys to be building the engine and gameplay up from the beginning in an amazing way with lots of wonderful possibilities! No pressure or anything. ;p
  • Options

I thought the currently prevailing statement was that The Sims 4 was made over the past two years, meaning they began work long after The Sims 3's release.

Statements change to suit agenda. Such is the way of the internet.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member

As I have said before, there should be no RIGHT or WRONG way to play the sims 3. The fact that you are telling people how to play the game for them to enjoy it is the biggest problem. Sims has always been about the player and how YOU want to play as a player. The fact that you are saying "If you aren't enjoying it, you can't play it like sims 3" is so wrong and the opposite of what the sims has ALWAYS been about for 14 years....As a simmer I should be able to play in the same ways I have played other Iterations, whether thats taking pictures, having families, CAS, building, etc....

Well...That's an opinion...I don't share. You are completely missing the point of what Writin_Reg wrote. She isn't telling people how to play the game or how to have fun. Her point was that if you expect TS4 to be just like TS3 and play it in the same fashion you will be disappointed. If, however, you approach the game as a new game and play it for what it is you might like it.

I, for one, am grateful that each version of the game has been different and unique unto itself. I am happy that each game has been it own game. I am happy that we have a new game to play. I wouldn't have bought it if it was TS3 2.0. I already have TS3 and can play it whenever I want. The same thing happened with TS2 to TS3. Those that loved TS2 and wanted TS3 to be just like it were disappointed and didn't move to TS3. They didn't want a new game. They wanted TS2 2.0.

But there are some of us that don't want each game to just be clones of the previous game. I am loving the newness of this game. I don't expect it to be TS1, TS2, or TS3. I have those games. I loved those games. I don't need those games again. I am happy that I have a new game to explore that isn't any of its predecessors. It is its own game. Those that want a new game are liking it. Those that didn't want a new game but more of what we already had are disappointed.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Christania4Christania4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I actually really like the game. I mean, how cool is it that my sim can sit there on the computer doing whatever while listening to music and jamming to it (like bobbing to the music while sitting in the computer chair) at the same time or chat with other sims? I think it's brilliant. :)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Aww Oily! You have no idea how much I'm going to miss your sweet posts and beautiful creations in the sims 4. :( But I respect your opinion and for one, I appreciate the calm, mature way you posted your objections. Please don't be a stranger and pop in to see us from time to time. I've got all fingers and toes crossed that the first ep will make you want to come and join us again. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member

Statements change to suit agenda. Such is the way of the internet.
    I don't think the statements have changed, I think they are just two different statements.

The original concept for Sims 4 started years ago (probably 4-5). It is likely that a few of those components such as the CAS and Build Mode were brought forward from those original concepts (and explains why they are so polished). The actual game itself though was originally supposed to be an online game. That idea was obviously scrapped at some point and retooled to be a completely different offline game. This is why some individuals say the game was developed/rushed the last year or so.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.