Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review is up.

Haven't seen it myself, thought ye would be interested

Comments

• Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Just finished watching, no surprises in what he said. Thought it was pretty fair if not a little bit generous.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    *watches*
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Loved it
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Ooooo this is gonna be good!
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Im about to watch it...
    tumblr_mk2gfn9GMX1r6agyio1_500.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Don't be scared. Click play. :)
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    He LIKES IT, he think it's FUN.
    He just doesn't think it's worth the price.
    (still buying it anywayyyssss)
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    I agree with everything LGR said.

Although I can get used to the loading screens since I've been playing Sims 1 and Sims 2 a lot recently.
  • Options
    lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    He didn't kill it. There may be hope for the game yet. Still not buying it but feel a little relieved.
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    He said what I figured he'd say. If you read his twitter, you already knew what he thought of it.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    I think he gave a really fair review. I agree and disagree with some points though. But I guess it is because he and I have different play styles.
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    The only Sim related reviewer I trust even if his opinion doesn't line up with mine 100% of the time. This one does!
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    So basically, he says it's worth half the asking price. Yeah, I could live with that.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    mausigirlmausigirl Posts: 29 Member
    Awesome review !! FUNNY (as always) but also objective. Totally agree that it is not worth full price and it’s better to wait until it is on sale. Also agree that with or without EP’s Sims3 is still better. I wished they had just added some of the new building and sorting features to Sims 3 , made it more stable and improved the graphics
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    He said Sims 3 is better with or without the expansions?

please , just please...
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    He said Sims 3 is better with or without the expansions?

please , just please...
    I can understand it being better without expansions.
    With expansions....errr...
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for posting this, I pretty much agree with him. I'm a bit bitter because frankly I don't want to give EA my money and have them believe they can just rake me over the coals and deliver me a halfbaked product. That said, I would still like to try it out at some point but I am waiting on a nice price drop and I want to see what the first EP is and how they handle it. I didn't get into TS3 til Late Night, so It'll probably be the same with TS4 barring they make an EP that peaks my interest.

As always, LGR delivers a great review. Made me not hate the game but be quite cautious of it at the moment. Will keep an eye on it, but I'll take my time in purchase. Thanks Phreakindee!
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    How can it be better without the expansions? The base game stuff SUCKED. Pudding faces everywhere **trembles in corner.***
  • Options
    lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    His is one of the reviews I was waiting for
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Great review as always. I think he was very fair.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    I pretty much agree with all that he's said, and since I have the game, I get what he means at certain points. I got the Premium Edition, but nowhere near full price (thank you gift cards lol). I don't think it warrants the high price tag, but it DOES deserve a chance. So far, I'm not disappointed, and LGR's review is pretty spot on. :)
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2014
    I like this review alot. funny but really fair and how a part of me thinks of the game so far.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Does he have a written review? 20 minutes is a huge investment of time when I am instead trained to read at the speed of sight.