Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review is up.

Comments

• Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    Ivinora wrote: »
    Go sleep ;P take a nice long nap, you deserved it after this

Me right about now...

*Oh boy here is my chance to impress him with my simming knowledge and YouTube videos...*

... Hi :D
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    A bed might be comfier...and better for your neck!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Awesome Awesome AWESOME review!!!!!!!!!! Fair, not crazy harsh, informative and creative! Loved it all, and pretty much sums it all up!!!
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    Completely agree with everything he said.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    awesome!!! It was fair and pretty much summed how most people feel :) ITs fun.. I like the fact that the review was informative but not just one sided :)
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I agree with him.
    As for the price, yea well, I already bought it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree with LGR that it will depend on your play style about loading screen. Sims 3 was not my play style at all.

Glad after waiting 5 years to get something for my play style. If just EA adds toddlers and family tree back in an EP I think I will get what I want from that game.

With Sims 3 it is impossible to play with multiple families like the The Sims 2, Story progression would take over and destroys all your progress. That was a bad design. Sims 3 is only suitable to play with one family!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    Seems like a fair review. Besides the load times. I'm 32 hours in a save and my load times are fine. So it is a problem with him not the game.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    Seems like a fair review. Besides the load times. I'm 32 hours in a save and my load times are fine. So it is a problem with him not the game.

LGR has already explained about the load times in a post just above :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    Ivinora wrote: »
    i think people are being unfair with the price. i payed 89 for my daughter to have mario that she clocked in 2 weeks . but a game i will get a hell of a lot more than 2 weeks out of isnt? What other games do you guys base your opinions on?

Woah where do you buy games that you pay 89bucks for a Mario game O.o ?
    Not sure wich country you are from but if i use dollar converter I apperiantly pay 64bucks for the average WiiU/PS3 game
    PC games are cheaper here (they go down in price really fast), Except funny enough sims games XD sims 3 basegame in every store i see it in still costs 65bucks easy and even sims 2 expension packs go for 26 dollars if you have to buy them in a store...

Anyway only thing i still buy at full price are nintendo games because they never drop in pricing, Other then that our PS3 is pretty new (bought it for cheap since the PS4 launched, and we had a wishlist for that console of like 10games lol)
    We mainly use a PC/WiiU and 3DS combo in our home atm (works great for us), anyway OT

Good review, I'm still voting with my wallet and not buying the game, the lack of CAST and open world are still my gamebreakers, and I really would like to wait and see where this game go's from here (I really need prove that EA will let maxis fix this game on their own, instead of letting the community do the free labor again like in TS3) and not just that, but i would really like to see this game go into another route (with some NEW expensions).
    i live in australia and pay for impatience . i dont mind forking out for games. obviously but i was just trying to compare $per hour value and because i sim alot its always been a good deal.

c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I watched it and I agreed with some points and disagreed with others. Though generally, games nowadays are expensive and if you don't mind waiting or look for deals, you can get things cheaper.
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Jadedsins wrote: »

LGR has already explained about the load times in a post just above :)

I just saw, and I have the game maxed out also. The only thing I don't have is a SSD drive. So it could be a problem with that? I don't have the load time issues yet.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    All this talk of SSDs makes me want to join the future.

Do it my son. You'll never look back. Frankly my SSD went defective, got replaced but between the time it took for the replacement to arrive I went back to my backup IDE drive and my god, I felt the difference. BIOS/Post/Windows going from a 5-8 sec load time back to 30+, programs no longer on an SSD having their boot up time doubled, etc.

It's fair when people say it doesn't solve EVERY issue that HDs have had but when it comes to those load times and performance improvements for HDD-bound programs/games? You'll swear jesus-light is bathing you while angels sing to your glory at some point...
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    His opinion fits absolutely mine! Great minds think alike! (he he...)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    PantaroPantaro Posts: 14 New Member
    CHAIRS EXPANSION 2015 GET HYPE! :p
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Perhaps it is a problem with SSD technology and how TS4 interacts with it? Even with his addendum, it doesn't match my experience as I also play on Ultra with Uncompressed Textures and have a save file of 30+ hours now with 8 sims on lot. Like the other person who said, the difference is that I use HDD not SDD technology.
  • Options
    Perhaps it is a problem with SSD technology and how TS4 interacts with it? Even with his addendum, it doesn't match my experience as I also play on Ultra with Uncompressed Textures and have a save file of 30+ hours now with 8 sims on lot. Like the other person who said, the difference is that I use HDD not SDD technology.

It may be a configuration issue in his PC - seems like someone who knows more than the basics, but never underestimate the wonderful maze of specs that is the PC Master Race. I have an SSD - my game loads in sub 5 seconds on average per loading area without issue. I'm only at about 10-12 hours of save time but I've left the game running for 24 hours and that load time did not change at all.

So there is something odd to his complaint though I'm certainly not going to write him off on it either - would love to see what processes or other items may be running that could contribute. Always a reason for something acting that way - hell, it could be symptomatic of a "less common" game bug or even an interaction problem between TS4, his GPU and the current drivers.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I can't watch it because YouTube is freezing worse than TS3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I am going to watch it this evening even though I normally don't watch many videos of people playing. However, I am really on the fence. I honestly just don't want to spend $65 after tax on a base game. I know it's the going rate for a lot of games now, but I just can't. Lol I am trying to wait until it hits $50. By then hopefully there will be a gigantic patch for me to download as well!
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I like LGR's reviews but even so I'm not interested in TS4 at all so even if it were on sale...just no. And if anyone happened to gift it to me I would politely thank them but say no thanks please get your money back. I have TS/TS2/TS3 all installed on my gaming laptop, lol. I'm good to go.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

It may be a configuration issue in his PC - seems like someone who knows more than the basics, but never underestimate the wonderful maze of specs that is the PC Master Race. I have an SSD - my game loads in sub 5 seconds on average per loading area without issue. I'm only at about 10-12 hours of save time but I've left the game running for 24 hours and that load time did not change at all.

So there is something odd to his complaint though I'm certainly not going to write him off on it either - would love to see what processes or other items may be running that could contribute. Always a reason for something acting that way - hell, it could be symptomatic of a "less common" game bug or even an interaction problem between TS4, his GPU and the current drivers.

Yeah, I definitely won't write him off about it. I am mainly posting my experience to let people know that the reviewers experience with load times is not a guarantee. It is, however, a possibility given that it has happened to him.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited September 2014
    EDIT: He replied here too. Only just noticed.
    I added an annotation about the load times to the video.

Basically, running the game maxed out at 1080p and with "uncompressed textures" enabled made load times longer. Combined with the fact that my save game became bloated after almost 40 hours on a single save file, the load times got lengthier. Playing a fresh save and disabling uncompressed textures returned the load times to their normal 5 to 15 seconds.

My main point remains though: it's annoying to have so many load screens and have them increase over time. As I said in the video, "your results may vary", but the load times are there and are frequent depending on how you play :)

And thanks for all the feedback on video!
    Post edited by Xesian on
  • Options
    Xesian wrote: »
    The reason's on his comments. He wasn't using compressed textures.

Aha - that would do it :)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    @phreakindee thanks for posting your review, I've always found you to be very fair and balanced & I really enjoyed it :smile: Still waiting on my copy, but your review picked my spirits up a bit after seeing all the negative feedback and "I'M RETURNING IT!!" posts :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Wonderful review! :)