Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review is up.

Comments

• Options
    sadiegirl1sadiegirl1 Posts: 35 Member
    I'd like to know how he managed to get his name on his sim's tshirt
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Fine! I Tweeted him. It's in God's hands now.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Also we could ask him to clarify but the only thing that needs clarification is if he meant he was getting 20-45 second load screens the entire time or just once his saved file reached 30 hours. Either way he's still getting 45 second load times and that's by no means typical.

Ok, so you can ask him if it was the entire time or not. I'm sure he'll answer you.

Here you go. (I don't have a Twitter account, so I can't ask or anything.)
    https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews

But I'm scared :(

Aww...I will come with you and hold your hand.

EDIT: Except that I deleted my Twitter account, so I can't! lol
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    Halle_M wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Datkid wrote: »
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.
    That's what I wanted to know because mine average 6-10 seconds. Longest one was about 18 seconds.

I'm pretty sure he said that its taking this length of time after over 30 hours of game play on one save file. He did imply they got longer an the game got more laggy.

Actually I thought he implied his load screens were always that long because he said something like "45 second load screens get a bit annoying after 30 hours of gameplay of this."

Why don't you ask him to clarify that point? He has a Twitter account or you can ask on his YouTube channel.

Why don't you ask him?

Because it's not my question, sweetie. It's your question.

But I never asked a question, so you ask him! :p
    Because she isn't the one calling him a liar... ;)

I didn't call him a liar. Sheesh.

No, not directly. But it's...implied. :P

I implied nothing! You take that back :O

Nah. Neener neener!

*runs away giggling*
  • Options
    At least I think I Tweeted him. It was the very first Tweet I've ever sent :p
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    I love LGR. he gives awesome reviews. he doesn't let his emotions get in the way. he is always show the pros and cons. (which is why i listen to him after purchasing a game, i read reivews after i've played the said game, just how i am) instead of some reviews i've seen that go "NO TODDLERS NO OPEN WORLD RAWR RAWR RAWR. IF YOU BOUGHT THIS GAME YOUR AN IDIOT RAWR RAWR RAWR EA RAWR RAWR RAWR SHEEP RAWR RAWR RAWR *drools*"

he said the game is good i agree with that i love it been playing for 69hours so says origin. it can be boring cause of the lack of community lots (i've said it before i'm sure eps will fix this)

and i have experianced little bits of bugs here and there not game breaking though like some from the sims 3. i did buy the premium edition for 80dollars for the physical disk. i agree you would get your money's worth if the game was going for maybe 49.99 regular.

but all in all my opinion is that it's worth it. if you have the extra money to spend then yeah buy it now. if you don't then wait

and if your still not sure. wait to see what type of EP they will release soon (6months how it was for other sims games)

but the hate and the bashing that is going on about this game. doesn't really hold water once you've played and depnding on how you play (my opinion again)
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Bizarre nitpicking based on assumptions he's making is nuts. It's not a big deal.

That's just the thing; this is not bizarre nitpicking. A lot of people seem to put a lot of faith into his reviews. If he's basically telling people they can expect 1+ minute load times when in reality it (should) be closer to 10 seconds then that might turn a lot of people off.

Maybe. But people can see with Let's Plays, which are in real time. The general gist, the way I see it, was that the screens were annoying.

On a side note, on my fairly average PC with a SSD, it takes a little over 3 minutes to totally load S3, with everything and store stuff too. Totally different to the 15 odd minutes other people quote. It varies.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

Ok, if you get some weird spam from someone telling you that you can make $8,000 a day at home, then you may be in trouble. :p

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options

That might have been a missfire. It's okay -- it happens to a lot of guys. Why don't you wait thirty minutes, and we'll try again?

Seriously, though, you might want to try again. He also might stop by this thread.
  • Options
    Why don't you wait thirty minutes, and we'll try again?

It hasn't been four hours yet so I'm not worried.
  • Options

If it lasts longer than four hours, please see a doctor.
  • Options

If it lasts longer than four hours, please see a doctor.

Forget that, if it lasts longer than four hours I'm going out clubbing.
  • Options
    MafiastyleMafiastyle Posts: 714 Member
    I agree with his review. I also agree the game is not worth its $70.00 + rate. So best if your still on the fence to wait it out. Black fridays coming up, Sims 4 probably be ON DAT SALE.
    39d589ef4e5a6ca8bd17fc4bfd12fec6.jpg
    Babies everywhere, thank you shadow cat.

• Options
    AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    I'm always home-bound whenever I play. Loading is not a pain for me - I just prefer the whole aspect of zooming out and being able to click the town then jumping back home to my family and working with them. Now they are separated by invisible walls. ;(
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif

• Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    All this talk of SSDs makes me want to join the future.
  • Options
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    All this talk of SSDs makes me want to join the future.

Just wait around a while, the future will find you.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    My only issue is that each lot in the same neighbourhood needs to be loaded through a screen rather than just waiting at the door of the house.
  • Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    i think people are being unfair with the price. i payed 89 for my daughter to have mario that she clocked in 2 weeks . but a game i will get a hell of a lot more than 2 weeks out of isnt? What other games do you guys base your opinions on?
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    darrqqrraddarrqqrrad Posts: 446 Member
    Waves Hello :) Thanks for posting this Ultra. I think He did a great review ... But I always like them :)
    I am going to follow his advice.
  • Options
    i think people are being unfair with the price. i payed 89 for my daughter to have mario that she clocked in 2 weeks . but a game i will get a hell of a lot more than 2 weeks out of isnt? What other games do you guys base your opinions on?

Yeah like I said I agree with just about everything he said in his review but I thought he was being overly unfair about the price. He said he already has 30 hours in the game and is still having fun. A 60 dollar purchase means he's already getting 1 hour of entertainment for every 2 dollars spent. That's a pretty darn good return entertainment value wise considering a 2 hour movie costs about 10-15 dollars these days.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    I got mine for £15 as I had some vouchers on the site that I got it from
  • Options

Varies game to game, really. The new Dragon Age is said to have upwards of 50 hours fresh game play....but it's a different genre. Not sure how long it'd take to finish all things in TS4, but I'd hope at least 20 hours, maybe someone could tell us?

• Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    i think people are being unfair with the price. i payed 89 for my daughter to have mario that she clocked in 2 weeks . but a game i will get a hell of a lot more than 2 weeks out of isnt?

I paid full price for The Last of Us, and was just like 16 hours :P

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I meant I agree about what he said price wise. I stand by that, but I will include the Disney Facebook look is also another reason I think it isn't worth the money. The highest priced game I own that has cartoon graphics and great gameplay is 30 dollars. I just didn't add that. With all the basic base things stripped from the game..I agree with him.

Who knows maybe I will love it, but I will still say, shesh that's a lot of money for a Disney Facebook app looking game.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    > @CapraCorn104 said:
    > He LIKES IT, he think it's FUN.
    > He just doesn't think it's worth the price.
    > (still buying it anywayyyssss)
    You my simmer friend are awesome.