Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review is up.

Comments

• Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Halle_M wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Datkid wrote: »
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.
    That's what I wanted to know because mine average 6-10 seconds. Longest one was about 18 seconds.

I'm pretty sure he said that its taking this length of time after over 30 hours of game play on one save file. He did imply they got longer an the game got more laggy.

Actually I thought he implied his load screens were always that long because he said something like "45 second load screens get a bit annoying after 30 hours of gameplay of this."

Why don't you ask him to clarify that point? He has a Twitter account or you can ask on his YouTube channel.

Why don't you ask him?

Because it's not my question, sweetie. It's your question.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.
    That's what I wanted to know because mine average 6-10 seconds. Longest one was about 18 seconds.

I'm pretty sure he said that its taking this length of time after over 30 hours of game play on one save file. He did imply they got longer an the game got more laggy.

Actually I thought he implied his load screens were always that long because he said something like "45 second load screens get a bit annoying after 30 hours of gameplay of this."

Why don't you ask him to clarify that point? He has a Twitter account or you can ask on his YouTube channel.

Why don't you ask him?

Because she isn't the one calling him a liar... ;)

• JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    When it came to loading times in general he did say "your results may vary."

True but what he said was "You're given a loading screen lasting anywhere from 20 to 45 seconds, and that's running the game from an SSD hard drive so your results may vary."

Basically he's saying since he has an SSD and he's getting 20-45 second load times that someone with an HDD might get even worse results. As I said if he's really getting those kinds of load times it's not his fault for sharing his observation, it's just kind of disappointing because his results are by no means typical.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member

True but what he said was "You're given a loading screen lasting anywhere from 20 to 45 seconds, and that's running the game from an SSD hard drive so your results may vary."

Basically he's saying since he has an SSD and he's getting 20-45 second load times that someone with an HDD might get even worse results. As I said if he's really getting those kinds of load times it's not his fault for sharing his observation, it's just kind of disappointing because his results are by no means typical.

Joe, why don't you ask him, instead of arguing with yourself about what he really meant??

Why don't you ask him?

But I never asked a question, so you ask him! :p
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

I didn't call him a liar. Sheesh.
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

Joe, why don't you ask him, instead of arguing with yourself about what he really meant??

I can't imagine what else he could have meant. SSDs are supposed to be lightning fast when it comes to loading and he had relatively long load times. He definitely meant "If you have an HDD your load times could very well be even longer."
  • DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    How you guys get liar from that is just astounding. We're seeking to interpret what he meant by what he said; in this case, nobody is in the liar box because there has been no clarification on what he actually meant by saying what he did.

Sheesh.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I always love his reviews...great sense of humor, and very honest in his opinions, even if I don't always agree with him. ;)
    camman1995 wrote: »

I can't imagine what else he could have meant. SSDs are supposed to be lightning fast when it comes to loading and he had relatively long load times. He definitely meant "If you have an HDD your load times could very well be even longer."

I have an HDD and my computer is not a beast. My load times on a 25 hour save file are still ten seconds or less.

Why don't you ask him?

No, not directly. But it's...implied. :P
  • GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    I loved his review.

Cant decide if I'm going to cave in and buy it now or listen to his advice ://
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I loved his review.

If you buy it from Origins, you have a 24 hour guarantee on it. You try it, and if you don't like it return it for a refund! I don't need the full 24 hours, but if you do this and find you don't like it. You should return it at 20 hours, customer service being what it is.

Why don't you ask him?

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Actually, I know it doesn't.
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2014
    He got it just right! Awesome Job LGR. I 100% agree.

The game isn't terrible, but it is just missing so much at this point it isn't worth remotely $60 or $70. Its more a throwback to Sims 1 or 2, then the sequel I and many others really wanted here.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I loved his review.

I really liked his description of build mode...that actually did a lot more towards convincing me to buy it later with a good sale than any of EA's "bro party!" videos ever could, lol.
    DrGorilla wrote: »

Why don't you ask him?

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Actually, I know it doesn't.

I don't care. Bizarre nitpicking based on assumptions he's making is nuts. It's not a big deal.

In the grand scheme of things, I think the review was nice.
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    YES***
    beXSQcW.jpg

Why don't you ask him?

I implied nothing! You take that back :O
    DrGorilla wrote: »

Why don't you ask him?

I don't care. Bizarre nitpicking based on assumptions he's making is nuts. It's not a big deal.

In the grand scheme of things, I think the review was nice.

Actually, what JoeWow and others are seeking to ascertain is an important point for many, and rather than making assumptions (which you are also guilty of), I agree with the suggestion to ask the creator of the video directly for clarification. Until that happens, all I have to work on is my own anecdotal evidence of "on my computer, it runs differently from the current popular assumption."
    Bizarre nitpicking based on assumptions he's making is nuts. It's not a big deal.

That's just the thing; this is not bizarre nitpicking. A lot of people seem to put a lot of faith into his reviews. If he's basically telling people they can expect 1+ minute load times when in reality it (should) be closer to 10 seconds then that might turn a lot of people off.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Bizarre nitpicking based on assumptions he's making is nuts. It's not a big deal.

That's just the thing; this is not bizarre nitpicking. A lot of people seem to put a lot of faith into his reviews. If he's basically telling people they can expect 1+ minute load times when in reality it (should) be closer to 10 seconds then that might turn a lot of people off.

LOL, he didn't say 1+ minutes. I believe he said up to 40 seconds. But, @Halle_M is right. You should just ask him. He's very active on Twitter, and he answers a lot of questions on Youtube as well.

IHJCfa6.jpg
    LOL, he didn't say 1+ minutes. I believe he said up to 40 seconds.

He said up to 45 seconds on a SSD. SSD is much faster than a HDD so if he's getting 45 seconds on an SSD then someone with a HDD could be looking at 1+ minutes.

Also we could ask him to clarify but the only thing that needs clarification is if he meant he was getting 20-45 second load screens the entire time or just once his saved file reached 30 hours. Either way he's still getting 45 second load times and that's by no means typical.
    edited September 2014
    Also we could ask him to clarify but the only thing that needs clarification is if he meant he was getting 20-45 second load screens the entire time or just once his saved file reached 30 hours. Either way he's still getting 45 second load times and that's by no means typical.

Ok, so you can ask him if it was the entire time or not. I'm sure he'll answer you.

Here you go. (I don't have a Twitter account, so I can't ask him or anything.)
    https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews
    IHJCfa6.jpg

Ok, so you can ask him if it was the entire time or not. I'm sure he'll answer you.

Here you go. (I don't have a Twitter account, so I can't ask or anything.)

But I'm scared :(

Here you go. (I don't have a Twitter account, so I can't ask or anything.)

But I'm scared :(

LOL, I didn't think you were scared of anything, Joe. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg