Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review is up.

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Seemed fair. I wonder what he would give it as far as a number rating would go, you know, from 1-10. Fun, but certainly missing some features and not worth the price=#?
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.

I guess it depends on the system people have. I built my computer, but it isn't top of the line, hardcore gaming material, and I average about 10-15 secs max for loading screens. That's with running on max settings. :\
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    Are people really having to wait 20 to 40 seconds for loading screens to finish? Mine takes 5 seconds max. If I had to wait that long I guess I would rarely leave my home too.
    That's what I wanted to know because mine average 6-10 seconds. Longest one was about 18 seconds.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    uh5A6.gif

*watches*

Thanks for sharing his review! I wouldn't have seen it if you didn't share it. :#
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Datkid wrote: »
    That's what I wanted to know because mine average 6-10 seconds. Longest one was about 18 seconds.

I'm pretty sure he said that its taking this length of time after over 30 hours of game play on one save file. He did imply they got longer an the game got more laggy.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

I guess it depends on the system people have. I built my computer, but it isn't top of the line, hardcore gaming material, and I average about 10-15 secs max for loading screens. That's with running on max settings. :\

He did mention that the loading time got longer as he continued to play his save game. So, perhaps that's what he was talking about when he said that he was experiencing loading times of up to 40 seconds. He has his specs posted on his Youtube page.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @DrGorilla, no, he's a video blogger. But, at the risk of providing too many spoilers, the conclusion is yes, get the game. It's fun. But, wait until the price drops and you'll probably be happier.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm going to do what he says....wait to buy it until it comes down in price...and until I get a better computer.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Yea he said it started after 30 hours of game play when the lode time got longer
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    omg love it so far!!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    He's a cutie. :D (I'll have to watch it more later -- have to run out for errands.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    This is a good review! Very honest
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I agree with his comments...it's worth half the cost, but is generally ok otherwise.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I agree with everything he said. It was very honest and straight-to-the-point.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    BudgieSimBoyBudgieSimBoy Posts: 139 Member
    He said Sims 3 is better with or without the expansions?

please , just please...

He actually said as "flawed and buggy as Sims 3 is it is still his preferred Sims game to play"
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    He gave a very good review. Both the good and bad. This is the type of reviews I like and go by. Fiance still wants to try it, so we will. But now I know that the price is overpriced for what the game is.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    I'll be taking his advice. Thanks, LGR!
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I'll just quote my post from the other thread about this :p
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    He reviewed it well. Only thing I disagree with is the loading screen time. He said 20 to 40 seconds? Mine is 5 seconds usually. Otherwise he was spot on in MHO

Yeah that really disappointed me too. I don't know if he actually timed the loading screens or if he was just guessing or if he really is getting those kinds of loading times but my load times have always been around 11 seconds.

Also what he said about the game stuttering; granted he said he was at 30 hours on the same save game and I'm only around 15 hours but I haven't noticed the game slowing down or stuttering at all yet.

Other than that I can't complain with anything he had to say, other than what he said about the price, that seemed overly harsh. I was just watching a review of his about Auto Mechanic Simulator or whatever it's called and he said it was worth the 15 or 20 dollar price tag.

Now come on, a game that looks like it was made overnight is worth 20 dollars but a brand new AAA game that he admits to spending 30 hours on already and is still having fun is only worth 10 dollars more?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he said that its taking this length of time after over 30 hours of game play on one save file. He did imply they got longer an the game got more laggy.

Actually I thought he implied his load screens were always that long because he said something like "45 second load screens get a bit annoying after 30 hours of gameplay of this."
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    That was surprisingly fun and fair and I do agree with just about everything he said. And I had to laugh about the chairs.
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    I have a 25 hour save file and I haven't noticed any increase in load screen time. You most likely are misinterpreting him.

I'd be able to tell you if you were definitively if he had a written review that I could dissect, though.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member

Actually I thought he implied his load screens were always that long because he said something like "45 second load screens get a bit annoying after 30 hours of gameplay of this."

Why don't you ask him to clarify that point? He has a Twitter account or you can ask on his YouTube channel.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

He said "After 30 hours of gameplay I got positively sick of loading screens in The Sims 4."

When it came to loading times in general he did say "your results may vary."
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Halle_M wrote: »

Why don't you ask him to clarify that point? He has a Twitter account or you can ask on his YouTube channel.

Why don't you ask him?
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I love the guy. Though I would not play Auto Mechanic Simulator, to some it would be worth it. I do buy a lot of steam early access ranging from 20 dollars to the biggest which was 150 dollars (Man, I love Archeage). If he has a video on it, I'll watch it and go by his review. He has been 80 out of 100 % right for me. He doesn't dog the game. I agree with so much taken out of the base game, it should be priced lower. He did convince me it was fun to play..something no one here did.

My fiancé's work buddy also gave the good and bad on it. This is what I go by. I will be testing this game fully in a few hours. I know now what to expect in general from LGR and my fiancé's buddy. Now all I have to do is see if it is capable of being fun for me beyond a few hours.

To correct myself, I agree with LGR about the price and why. Meaning, I think it is overpriced for me.

A game worth is what a customer/s feel it is worth in the end.

But LGR is one person I rely on to give a solid review.