Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I purchased it, I returned it...

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Who developed Sims 3?

The same people who seem to have learned from that big mistake?
    Hey I the Sims 3 was beautiful it's own way, it was born that way. :heart:

I agree. I never had any lagging in TS3. I think the only problem i've ever had was due to a slight bug in EA's storyprogression, however it was due to the fact that I made tooo many simmies in my neighborhood (i play with big families lol so that happens), it was cured by Nraas so no big deal.

Btw @SimGruruGrant: Is it possible to overpopulate your neighborhoods in TS4? and If so O_o what happens to the simmies?

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    I did the same thing, bought it and returned it. I was really disappointed in the lack of game play. It just felt like my playing style, which is family oriented has been stripped from the game. There are other reasons I didn't care for the game, but they have been discussed over and over, so not much point in saying it again.

This is exactly why I won't be buying TS4. -_- My way to play is gone Mr. Guru, and no amount of EPs is going to fix that .

I really don't understand this. For the first time since I've played the sims. My family feels like a family now. They react, they have moods..they don't feel like robots. I've had two families I played now, and each family does not act the same. It is amazing.

Yep!! I honestly can't go back now, I want to see more happen with this game because the family dynamic and the way sims interact is just so much better.
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    I find the way the kids try to follow their parents into the bathroom to talk to them while they're eating their breakfast very realistic. Gave me flashbacks
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm very sorry for the people whose way to play has vanished with Sims 4. When Sims 3 came out and I tried it and didn't like it, I felt the same as you did, and backed away from the series for a while. I gave it a shot every expansion, but the whole thing stripped away what I felt was the soul of the series--the Sims themselves.

You all have my condolences. For though my play style has returned in force, you now occupy the space I was in during the Sims 3 era. I wish you all the patience I was forced to exhibit during your time and hope you still find much enjoyment in your edition of the game.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Who developed Sims 3?

I agree. I never had any lagging in TS3. I think the only problem i've ever had was due to a slight bug in EA's storyprogression, however it was due to the fact that I made tooo many simmies in my neighborhood (i play with big families lol so that happens), it was cured by Nraas so no big deal.

Btw @SimGruruGrant: Is it possible to overpopulate your neighborhoods in TS4? and If so O_o what happens to the simmies?

You can have 8 Sims per lot. I do not believe the game "cares," but I'm not sure precisely. I wasn't tied to the story progression work. I was more focused on emotions/ui/tutorial stuff. Sorry :/
  • Options
    DarkAdonis1DarkAdonis1 Posts: 133 Member
    edited September 2014
    I did the same thing, bought it and returned it. I was really disappointed in the lack of game play. It just felt like my playing style, which is family oriented has been stripped from the game. There are other reasons I didn't care for the game, but they have been discussed over and over, so not much point in saying it again.

This is exactly why I won't be buying TS4. -_- My way to play is gone Mr. Guru, and no amount of EPs is going to fix that .

I really don't understand this. For the first time since I've played the sims. My family feels like a family now. They react, they have moods..they don't feel like robots. I've had two families I played now, and each family does not act the same. It is amazing.

Yeah, THAT'S all well and good; that aspect is amazing. But that's it. That's what was brought to the table; and they took out everything else. That is not enough to support a whole new expansion.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Who developed Sims 3?

You can have 8 Sims per lot. I do not believe the game "cares," but I'm not sure precisely. I wasn't tied to the story progression work. I was more focused on emotions/ui/tutorial stuff. Sorry :/

o.o good to know. Thank yous :D

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    I can't wait till the expansions comes out, I look forward to new disasters and whatnot.
    Meteors I look forward to the most! GREAT for population control! :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    I never had no problem with Sims 3 running on my rigs being all of them are high end. Maybe for you it did not run well. Sims 4 is not a technical blowout it basically been dumbed down to let everybody enjoy the game. Why should I put EA/Maxis on a pedestal when they were the ones who developed Sims 3. Instead of fixing what was there they did not and now they made Sims 4 and I am supposed to give a adda boy? No way!

SIms 3 was the buggiest sims of all, it took two patches for a lot of people just to be able to save. It had nothing to do with our computer. It was the fact sims was just badly design, and was just not that great of a game. Open world was nice on paper, but it just did not play well compare to sims 2, and even sims 2 load times was a problem.

Sims 3 was a mess for so many people at launch, that the sims 4 outrage does not even compare.
    Who developed Sims 3?

Many of the same people who did Sims 1, Sims 2, and now Sims 4.

That's shocking! The style is so different for the last two installments, I thought a lot of the team would have changed.

Also, please hug whoever was behind Makin' Magic for me. :#
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member

Yeah, THAT'S all well and good; that aspect is amazing. But that's it. That's what the brought to the table; and they took out everything else. That is not enough to support a whole new expansion.

How come? Really it feels like the sims is going back to the roots of what it was before. A life simulator, and it is nice to have a heavily focus rpg element back into the game. The things they took out, is it really that huge of a deal? Yes toddlers is I will give that, but the rest of the stuff..I feel like we gained more that it does not hurt the game as badly as I thought it would. The flow of the game, heck even the time itself inside the game. Just it all flows so well.

• Options
    DarkAdonis1DarkAdonis1 Posts: 133 Member

Yeah, THAT'S all well and good; that aspect is amazing. But that's it. That's what the brought to the table; and they took out everything else. That is not enough to support a whole new expansion.

How come? Really it feels like the sims is going back to the roots of what it was before. A life simulator, and it is nice to have a heavily focus rpg element back into the game. The things they took out, is it really that huge of a deal? Yes toddlers is I will give that, but the rest of the stuff..I feel like we gained more that it does not hurt the game as badly as I thought it would. The flow of the game, heck even the time itself inside the game. Just it all flows so well.

They took out a LOT more than just pools and toddlers. They took out a lot of GOOD changes and iterations they claim they care about and pay close attention to. I appreciate the idea of a back to its' roots feel, but they did it in the most backwards, slash and burn way possible. Like I said; what they ADDED was amazing; but it is not enough to support what is supposed to not be an expansion; but a whole SEQUEL. If they had what they had before, trimmed less fat, AND added what they had, it would easily be the best base sims, hands down.
  • Options
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    I been playing the sims since sims1. This is the first time I have stopped playing the new game for the older game.

Why? Just saying that is not very good feedback.
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Hate the camera controls. Making me hate the game big time. What am I doing wrong folks? Why can't I look my Sim in the face? Currently have Sims 3 style ticked - is this a mistake?
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    Companies also have deadlines for their development teams @DarkAdonis1 ;) Don't worry. I'm sure we'll see a lot of returning features and tons of new ones we love.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options

They took out a LOT more than just pools and toddlers. They took out a lot of GOOD changes and iterations they claim they care about and pay close attention to. I appreciate the idea of a back to its' roots feel, but they did it in the most backwards, slash and burn way possible. Like I said; what they ADDED was amazing; but it is not enough to support what is supposed to not be an expansion; but a whole SEQUEL. If they had what they had before, trimmed less fat, AND added what they had, it would easily be the best base sims, hands down.

Ya, but I would not want another sims 3 but better. I'm also trying to figure out what is so missing that hurts sims 4 so much. Sure the normal xpack stuff like seasons pets and things. Game play wise, I see we gained more than we lost. Also reading that huge list of things that someone posted, It is just my two cents but I don't feel like it has a major impact on the core of the sims game.
  • Options
    Good AI is incredibly difficult and expensive to develop. We've gained a lot, but it's mostly in the backend where not everyone knows to look or is capable of appreciating it.
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    DrGorilla wrote: »
    Good AI is incredibly difficult and expensive to develop. We've gained a lot, but it's mostly in the backend where not everyone knows to look or is capable of appreciating it.

That's some powerful insight, Dr. Much wisdom you have. B)
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options

Yup! Glad I'm not the only one the sees this. To me having a amazing AI is worth the trade off of all the extra fluff at the start. It is the heart and core of the sims after all.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

Indeed. One thing I don't miss about the earlier games is the Sim logic.
    "My bladder is in the red and I'm ten minutes away from starving to death.
    I know, I'll spend the next three hours on the computer!"

• Options
    Ah yes the deadlines... I know how that is like... it can be stressful...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    take0nme wrote: »

Yep!! I honestly can't go back now, I want to see more happen with this game because the family dynamic and the way sims interact is just so much better.

For me the issues with the closed world, no story progression, the design of babies and the lack of toddlers are overwhelming any improved interactions between parent and child. Those things were the foundation for family and generational play. The interactions were the decorations.

The fact that they react and seem more alive is great but it doesn't make up for the fact that I can't send them in different directions in the morning then have them all meet up at the movies in the afternoon without encountering a lot of loading screens. It doesn't make up for the fact that my sim will give birth then send the child off to school in one birthday. It doesn't make up for the fact that my sim can't marry his childhood sweetheart unless I play her family too. In fact, he will end up marrying someone who should be his parents' age. I don't need a strictly realistic game but that's a little more disbelief than I can suspend.

It's nice that they can all move to another town without losing track of each other but there is no family tree. Generations come and go. There is nothing that ties them together.

Alexander Goth actually grows up to be quite the handsome young man (and older man). Additionally, the town is populated by more Sims than who have a selectable residence, and those Sims age same as yours do. They seem to cycle in and out or generate on their own, so you're always seeing new faces of all ages around town (and familiar faces getting older).