Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now there is no Excuse....

Comments

• Options
    Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    In TS2 I actually had my game set to allow more clipping so they could move around better. The clipping doesn't bother me. I am glad that 'hideheadlineeffects on' is still a thing though because I always played TS3 with it on and find the thought balloons and speech bubbles obnoxious.
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited August 2014
    Darkling wrote: »
    I see a lot of post on this thread stating that if it came down to a choice between the severe clipping shown in this video or the routing fail tantrums of TS3 that some people would choose clipping. My own take on this is, if given a choice, I choose neither. I choose Option C which is EA actually delivering on their promise of improved routing and not taking the cheap, easy, jack-leg way out by simply making Sims permeable to all object up to and including Panzer tanks.

But that just might be me. I've never been one to actually be grateful for getting something less than what I was promised.

OMG, yes Darkling!! Oh and Hi :-D. I was Schantal on the sims 3 forum and I think we used to talk in the pets section :-). I miss all you guys in the pets section, it was so fun sharing all our pictures.

OMG, it just hit me that we can't connect over there anymore :-(. Its so weird that they closed the Sims 3 forum BEFORE even releasing the Sims 4 game. Didn't the Sims 2 forums stay active for YEARS after Sims 3 was released? I miss talking to you guys on there :-(.
  • Options
    jennifer wrote: »
    > @Evalen said:<br />
    > I kind of laughed about the two clippings, and then thought oh no, then I remembered Sims 3, how if that happen in Sims 3, my sims would stay there and yell an holler, stump his food and never decide to go in a different direction. I hated that, it got to the point in some places, you would have to move half the things in the room to stratify him.<br />
    > clippings, well I don't mind them so much when I think of how it was.<br />
    > Some over time have been funny. My relief was that the game did not crash or lag or anything it kept right on going and that to me is most important, In Sims 3 sims got stuck everywhere, pets, animals got stuck, and the game would lag and I would have to look around trying to find out who or what was stuck. I did not enjoy that at all, I would rather laugh at a few clippings and my game play with out lag or crash.<br />
    <br />
    I agree I dont see what everyone is whining about this fixes a big problem we had in sims 3.

Clipping is not a "fix", it's a "bug". Intentionally introducing one bug to correct another is just bad coding.

Yes to this too!! Why are you and Darkling better than me at explaining things, its not fair :-/. lol
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Other than the clipping, have any of you guys noticed that the Sims don't react to a fight? It was at the bar, the Sims continued talking as usual, they didn't care.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Other than the clipping, have any of you guys noticed that the Sims don't react to a fight? It was at the bar, the Sims continued talking as usual, they didn't care.
    yup, there is a bunch of people trying to gloss over the fact and make excuses for it here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774358/so-what-was-the-point-of-emotions-again-pic-included/p1

It would be amusing if it wasn't sad.

• Options
    Amber1989Amber1989 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt and wait until it comes out to decide if I'm purchasing, but I'm having a hard time swaying towards that.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Ivinora wrote: »
    I see a lot of post on this thread stating that if it came down to a choice between the severe clipping shown in this video or the routing fail tantrums of TS3 that some people would choose clipping. My own take on this is, if given a choice, I choose neither. I choose Option C which is EA actually delivering on their promise of improved routing and not taking the cheap, easy, jack-leg way out by simply making Sims permeable to all object up to and including Panzer tanks.

But that just might be me. I've never been one to actually be grateful for getting something less than what I was promised.

From everything that we have seen, this seems to be the route they took with everything.

Story Progression wasn't working correctly in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    Open World didn't work efficiently in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    CASt caused textures to load inefficiently in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    Even with Open World gone, we still can't seem to fix routing issues: Solution: Remove collision checks

They failed to fix even one single issue from The Sims 3. Not one single issue. Even starting from from a whole new foundation, the brand new foundation ended up with the same issues the new foundation had.

I sadly do not have any hope for this game, and i'm not even too upset about the clipping, I'm dreading what this game will become in X amount of store content, expension packs and stuff packs, seeying how the base for this game already is looking to be a mess and how EA gives Maxis time to fix things, It's clear that this game will become the next Sims 3 or Simcity, nothing gets fixed unless the community will do it for them, meanwhile maxis can slave on and is surely already bussy with that first stuff pack and expension pack

oh well atleast there's a new Rollercoaster tycoon and cities in the make... .

WHAT?!? A new Rollercoaster Tycoon???? Off to look.....

• Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    @stdlr9 http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-announced-for-pc/
    I know i saw the trailer on youtube and had a giant squicky sound come out of my mouth (litterly never expected it to ever come out)
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member

OMG, yes Darkling!! Oh and Hi :-D. I was Schantal on the sims 3 forum and I think we used to talk in the pets section :-). I miss all you guys in the pets section, it was so fun sharing all our pictures.

OMG, it just hit me that we can't connect over there anymore :-(. Its so weird that they closed the Sims 3 forum BEFORE even releasing the Sims 4 game. Didn't the Sims 2 forums stay active for YEARS after Sims 3 was released? I miss talking to you guys on there :-(.

Yes the Sims 2 site was around for years after the Sims 3 came out. They did close the Sims 3 fairly quickly

• Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I kind of laughed about the two clippings, and then thought oh no, then I remembered Sims 3, how if that happen in Sims 3, my sims would stay there and yell an holler, stump his food and never decide to go in a different direction. I hated that, it got to the point in some places, you would have to move half the things in the room to stratify him.
    clippings, well I don't mind them so much when I think of how it was.
    Some over time have been funny. My relief was that the game did not crash or lag or anything it kept right on going and that to me is most important, In Sims 3 sims got stuck everywhere, pets, animals got stuck, and the game would lag and I would have to look around trying to find out who or what was stuck. I did not enjoy that at all, I would rather laugh at a few clippings and my game play with out lag or crash.
    You should get one of the "no routing fail" mods! It's so nice! The other sim just waits for the other person to move! There's little to no tantruming, which makes the game so much nicer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Yes the Sims 2 site was around for years after the Sims 3 came out. They did close the Sims 3 fairly quickly

Yep thats what I thought ;-). Why did someone disagree with your comment? I swear I have seen the same two people trolling and spamming the dislike button on everything, even a neutral comment like yours. Its really annoying that people are doing that. It seems to be that Clotho person and that other guy that starts with a "c"...Chap something or other. The button spamming is getting crazy.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Ivinora wrote: »
    @stdlr9 http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-announced-for-pc/
    I know i saw the trailer on youtube and had a giant squicky sound come out of my mouth (litterly never expected it to ever come out)

I loved that game; they've got a sale here already!
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member

Yep thats what I thought ;-). Why did someone disagree with your comment? I swear I have seen the same two people trolling and spamming the dislike button on everything, even a neutral comment like yours. Its really annoying that people are doing that. It seems to be that Clotho person and that other guy that starts with a "c"...Chap something or other. The button spamming is getting crazy.

Was probably a lazy way of saying that The Sims 3 site isn't actually shut down. The site is still there, only the forums have been merged over. I dunno, just speculating. Who can see into the minds of people who let buttons do their talking for them? The "disagree" button is the most useless of them all as it's pointless to disagree without saying why. I could say, my hair is brown, and someone clicks disagree. Okay, if you want to disagree that my hair is brown, tell me why, because unless you have a really good explanation, your disagreement doesn't change the fact that my hair is brown.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    They did get rid of The Sims 3 forums very quickly, I guess in hopes we'd all jump on the band wagon and buy TS4. Ironically it seems once the games are out if those of us unhappy with the games direction haven't bought into TS4 and haven't been bullied off these forums we may eventually be thrown off because we won't buy TS4..... Oh the irony...I guess all the money many of us sank into TS3 doesn't count.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member

Was probably a lazy way of saying that The Sims 3 site isn't actually shut down. The site is still there, only the forums have been merged over. I dunno, just speculating. Who can see into the minds of people who let buttons do their talking for them? The "disagree" button is the most useless of them all as it's pointless to disagree without saying why. I could say, my hair is brown, and someone clicks disagree. Okay, if you want to disagree that my hair is brown, tell me why, because unless you have a really good explanation, your disagreement doesn't change the fact that my hair is brown.

I don't let it bother me so it's ok if someone disagrees with what I say. But true the site is still there and yeah the forums are here now, but the Sims 2 forums were around for a few years after TS3 came out. I used to go visit them every once in a while as I used to spend a lot of time there.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jennifer wrote: »
    > @Evalen said:<br />
    > I kind of laughed about the two clippings, and then thought oh no, then I remembered Sims 3, how if that happen in Sims 3, my sims would stay there and yell an holler, stump his food and never decide to go in a different direction. I hated that, it got to the point in some places, you would have to move half the things in the room to stratify him.<br />
    > clippings, well I don't mind them so much when I think of how it was.<br />
    > Some over time have been funny. My relief was that the game did not crash or lag or anything it kept right on going and that to me is most important, In Sims 3 sims got stuck everywhere, pets, animals got stuck, and the game would lag and I would have to look around trying to find out who or what was stuck. I did not enjoy that at all, I would rather laugh at a few clippings and my game play with out lag or crash.<br />
    <br />
    I agree I dont see what everyone is whining about this fixes a big problem we had in sims 3.

So, my Sims stand up to get off that couch and turns and walks through the side of it. That's a good thing? No that's shoddy programming no matter if you like it or not. The clipping is due to not being a solution to fix routing but due to lame programming. If anyone thinks this is on purpose to allow two Sims to clip to solve routing they are really dreaming. This is poor workmanship.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    TMarie wrote: »
    The clipping doesn't bother me. Maybe its because I play WOW...in WOW you clip through everything (each other, the NPCs, mounts, sometimes the ground itself for no reason...the list goes on). So its a routing issue solver I'm use to.

There is a huge difference. I play WOW, and no going through people doesn't bother me there. Thats becouse WOW is a multi player game, if you couldn't go through people, you would spend your whole playing time trying to work yourself around a croud of people in Org. Almost every toon in the game is played by a player. Sims is single player. There is no reason for sims to be going through each other. They are not all player controled, they are programed, and programed badley.

OMG could you imagine the Org AH without clipping?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    OMG could you imagine the Org AH without clipping?

Every bank/auction alt would cry out in anguish. Actually, I shouldn't joke, that job was one of my guild duties when I played, that would be bloody horrendous.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    It is pretty awful. I don't mind a little clipping because that happens in just about every game. Its hard to avoid, but sims sitting on each other? Walking straight through each other? That's just unacceptable.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    But in the end, still better than The Sims 3.

Just no.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    I've got a lot of fond memories on Sims3.com, however, much like the game, the site never ran like it should. Hell I bought World Adventures through Origin months ago, and to this day, MyPage still says I don't own it. On top of that, the page likes telling me, even though it clearly shows I am logged in, to login to interact with myself. So not only was Sims 3 a laggy buggy mess, but so was its own website.

My guess though, before they finally do shut sims3.com down, they will package all of the store up in a final stuffs pack, and pop it on origin for all sims 3 players to get probably for free. Because it would suck losing the entire store content.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    To OP, it doesn't really matter. I mean things like this might matter to us, but the people who told you "its not done yet" are likely the same people now saying "its not important." For some people this is pretty much the only game they play, and they are really attached to it. So my guess is that they end up in the same boat as a soon to be father who never wanted the kid. Saving face, pretending to be happy about it, when the fact is there's just nothing they can do about it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Hold on everybody. I really need to understand something.

EA claims that the routing problem in Sims 4 has been fixed. And by fixed it probably means sims going into each other or into objects like couches etc. Ok this is not the ideal solution. I would want something better but we will get to this point later.

If you have seen one of the early first impression videos from PC gamer I think the guy clearly said that "don't expect any change in the routing! The sims still cannot find their way or block it". He also gave an example where he made the sim play a violin and he I think then cancelled his action and the sim then kept the violin in front of the door and blocked his way. The reviewer had to remove it or else the sim wont be able to get out of that room!!

If the clipping is the solution to routing problems why that sim did not get out of that room through the violin? I can accept one of the problems but I cannot accept two problems together.

I can accept the clipping if the routing problem is totally eliminated. Or I can accept routing problem if there is no clipping or at least very subtle and less frequent (Which does not seem to be right now), but to have both clipping as well as the routing problem this is not acceptable.

What do you say guys? Am I wrong?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif