Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what was the point of emotions again? Pics included!

DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
I thought sims were supposed to react to things now? Why did no one care? Was there a 'Watch fight' interaction available?

I'm confused.
tumblr_nazh7uwO0C1sh6xelo3_1280.jpg
ts4-walkthrough-03.jpg

Also, here is a clip of how it was done in the Sims 2! Egg 'em on, little sims!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJDnXv0_0SQ
Post edited by Darchitect on

Comments

• Options
    bpantherfounderbpantherfounder Posts: 34 Member
    I did not watch the gameplay today did they really never react, thats disappointing.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I did see some sims standing there in some of the scenes following the scene posted here. They did appear to be watching Mort Goth get his back side kicked. :)
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Unless you're in grade school, people don't usually form a circle around the people who are fighting and start cheering them on and choosing sides.

I don't know where you live, but where I live, fights definitely cause crowds. :P
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    I'm just curious who here has actually seen fights in real life and who is just going by what they see on TV?

Unless you're in grade school, people don't usually form a circle around the people who are fighting and start cheering them on and choosing sides.

Sure I guess they could have looked shocked or whatever but I think you all are expecting a bit too much.

It was basically just two Sims interacting with one another. Granted it's a fight, but it's just an interaction. I wouldn't expect everyone around them to have a reaction to this anymore than I would expect everyone to have a reaction when one Sim asks another Sim if they are single.
    I don't know about you, but whenever a fight broke out in school, or in public, people would absolutely stop and see what was going on. And even if people didn't get around in a circle, they would still stare at the people fighting, with worry.

The sims sitting, are acting like the people fighting, are invisible. I've never not seen someone react to seeing a fight.

Yeah like I said I guess they could have looked shocked or something, but how would they express that? Like, the Sims have a disgusted look at their face? How close to the fight do they have to be to be affected? Would everyone in the bar just stop and look over at two Sims fighting, even if they are on the other side of the bar?
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Yeah, the second a real fight breaks out, everyone jets! Or starts cheering... Like in the Sims 2.
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    Personally, my Sims were always getting into fights. I hated when other Sims would drop everything to go watch a fight that broke out 4-5 times a day. Fires were commonplace. I lost two stoves and a curtain that way.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Fighting is for wimps.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I'm just curious who here has actually seen fights in real life and who is just going by what they see on TV?

Sure I guess they could have looked shocked or whatever but I think you all are expecting a bit too much.

It was basically just two Sims interacting with one another. Granted it's a fight, but it's just an interaction. I wouldn't expect everyone around them to have a reaction to this anymore than I would expect everyone to have a reaction when one Sim asks another Sim if they are single.
    I don't know about you, but whenever a fight broke out in school, or in public, people would absolutely stop and see what was going on. And even if people didn't get around in a circle, they would still stare at the people fighting, with worry.

The sims sitting, are acting like the people fighting, are invisible. I've never not seen someone react to seeing a fight.

Yeah like I said I guess they could have looked shocked or something, but how would they express that? Like, the Sims have a disgusted look at their face? How close to the fight do they have to be to be affected? Would everyone in the bar just stop and look over at two Sims fighting, even if they are on the other side of the bar?
    Well I would expect that there would be SOME kind of reaction. I mean aren't these sims supposed to be the most reactive and emotional sims yet?

Yeah, I'd like to say a headshake of disapproval or some laughter even if they don't drop their things and some sort of thought bubble or conversation bubble coming out of the observer sims to show how they are feeling. And some of the more excitable sims can cheer or jeer!
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member

Well I would expect that there would be SOME kind of reaction. I mean aren't these sims supposed to be the most reactive and emotional sims yet?

I don't recall them selling the Sims would be reactive, I thought just emotional? For all we know the Sims nearby were feeling real emotional inner turmoil :(

I bet they couldn't sleep well that night.
  • Options
    asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member
    I thought I saw a few sims look in that direction but I'm ok if there isn't a world star hip-hop type of reaction to fights. It would annoy me to no end when my sims in ts2 would stop what they were doing to watch a fight. Especially if the people in question were townies I had no control over and they fought every 5 seconds lol. In sims 3 I generally didn't like my sims to fight and my townies never did it either.