Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now there is no Excuse....

Comments

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    Besides the clipping which is bad.
    I could not stop looking at the annoying interactions in the bar. Every time they picked an interaction, like introducing the sim to another one who was seated at the bar, first that sim stands up then walks away, turn back and then sits down again in another place. Every interaction I saw they had to move somewhere first to be able to talk. Can't they talk standing anymore if there are chairs in the room? :\

Yeah I noticed that too. I was only half paying attention though (as much as I love playing the Sims I think it's godawful boring watching someone else play it) so I wasn't sure if I was just missing something but yeah, it seemed like he queued up an interaction with someone then the person went off to do something then came back then he had to cancel the interaction to get them to do what he wanted...I dunno....

Hopefully it works out and makes sense when I'm the one in charge of the mouse.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Radprofile wrote: »
    Your just reminded me the game I was playing recently, where you can literally push people out of your way, and you don't need anything else than just pass through the crowd, someone may say, "that's rude!", but no clipping, no getting stuck somewhere, of course the game is just a joke, but is fun to play.

Most Assassin's Creed games do this, as well. That doesn't mean there isn't clipping but it is kinda cool to walk through a crowd shoving people out of the way. :D Just not something that would fit well in a Sims game.
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    LOL I can see like mean sims doing that actually.

Ok, I agree that it would work for mean and evil sims to do that.

Not just that, but try to imagine all the sims pushing each other out of a way when in a crowd and not just one sim doing it to like say one or two standing in their way? Not sure how well that would really go. I can see certain sims doing it due to some personality traits, but not the whole town and definitely not all at once.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    You see, I was in favour of some clipping between sims to amend route fail, but when that sim started walking in circles inside the couch I was a little bummed. I really want to play the game. I already pre ordered it long ago. It's getting so close to release that I just want to overlook these flaws and see for myself if they are that major. Hopefully they'll pactch the extreme lap sitting and couch spinning action soon...
  • Options
    ChadFC2ChadFC2 Posts: 139 Member
    MatheusBS wrote: »
    You see, I was in favour of some clipping between sims to amend route fail, but when that sim started walking in circles inside the couch I was a little bummed. I really want to play the game. I already pre ordered it long ago. It's getting so close to release that I just want to overlook these flaws and see for myself if they are that major. Hopefully they'll pactch the extreme lap sitting and couch spinning action soon...

I think that the sim started doing that because the player kept canceling actions and add new ones, etc. & the sim got confused as where to go.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    Don't forget this game was once 'Project Olympus' which was an online social game. They then changed it because of SimCity [or something else], and rushed into making it and getting it released. That's why this game is so incomplete. Is anyone else waiting for The Sims 5?, EA will probably learn from their mistake and make the game most of us wanted. I'm actually hoping this game is successful so they move onto Sims 5. If it isn't then the franchise will probably be left forever. This is more like an improved version of The original Sims. If EA had waited longer we wouldn't be in this mess. Also I find SimGuruRyan very annoying. He speaks like he is hosting a kids T.V. show, and always asks the other person to show us features and then he says "WOW! THATS SO AMAZING! I ALWAYS WANTED THAT!" In a cheesy voice.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    asdzer2caasdzer2ca Posts: 94 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Tinkerball wrote: »
    I think at some point I saw one Sim sit on another Sim as the sitting Sim was standing up. I'm going to have to go back and watch the replay to make sure, but that threw me. Hopefully my eyes were just playing tricks on me.

They weren't. Screenshot from today's video.
    82714videoclip_zps8c8023a5.jpg

This is not minor clipping, which I can overlook in a game. This is MAJOR clipping.

Holy Shizzzz, thank you for posting that!! I didn't even see that one!!

I was really disappointed by this D:
    tJkV4Ax.jpg
    Play The Sims 3 Forever
  • Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    My honest prediction...

1. A year after launch the clipping will still be there, and may even be worse
    2. About 20% of those currently saying it will be fixed, will still insist they will fix it when they get around to it
    3. About 75% of them will say, "Meh. I've gotten used to it. I don't even notice anymore. It's not a problem"
    4. Only about 5% of them will have said, "Wow. This is bad. I really thought they would fix this."
    5. None of them will actually stop buying additional content as a way of demonstrating any level of dissatisfaction.

I just don't see that EA/Maxis will see this as enough of an issue to invest time and money into fixing, especially since doing so will require them to fist put time and money into better routing, which during the entire development cycle of the base game, they have so far been unable to produce.

I think several people just "Hate to love" the game, and they just try to hide it, some are good doing it.
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I prefer to see clipping than having sims having trouble path-finding like in Sims 3
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    I see people saying, I hope it gets fixed or patched but it kind of makes me scratch my head... .
    This isn't even really clipping (well the hands in pants ect. are) but them walking through one and other isn't clipping, it's how the game has been programmed (the routing has been made like this) and yes it is left-over from when this was going to become an online game... When you play an MMO or an online game you always walk through other players aswell, could you imagine what would happen if you couldn't do that on an MMO that is crouded :open_mouth: ?
    Anyway pathing like that wont be fixed because they would have to delve to deep into the game scripts to do that
    and well... it's EA, once they get their money they won't care (they have proven this with sims 3 already), so what you saw now, is prob. what you'll get till Sims 5 gets announced and (maybe) fixes it... .
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    For everybody quick to dismiss me saying "The UI is smaller":
    2.png?w=500&h=375
    500x1000px-LL-97d75b3e_zagwabw.png
    ^Ignore that sims 4 one, it's an outdated pic. It's even bigger than it actually is.

You might want to consider this. I cannot tell if these are both at the same resolution, but since the game isn't out yet and the ratios are more or less the same, I can only assume they are. Clearly the fully condensed UI for TS4 takes up almost half the space, and the rest of the UI is brought out as a popup using icons.
    Post edited by Biotic_Warlock on
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    For everybody quick to dismiss me saying "The UI is smaller":
    2.png?w=500&h=375
    500x1000px-LL-97d75b3e_zagwabw.png

You might want to consider this. I cannot tell if these are both at the same resolution, but since the game isn't out yet and the ratios are more or less the same, I can only assume they are. Clearly the fully condensed UI for TS4 takes up almost half the space, and the rest of the UI is brought out as a popup using icons.

Open the needs windows in #4 that takes up over a quarter of the free screen space and it might be a fairer comparison. Its an enormous console game sized UI.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just realised I linked one of the earlier images since the needs shown on there are old.
    This one is a bit better (UI is even smaller). Still trying to find the one with the needs panel open.
    http://www.gpgr.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Die-Sims-4_-Gameplay-Walkthrough-Trailer-575.jpg

Edit: I've had a look around at different videos. The only place I've seen the UI bigger is that "live" gameplay thing. Every other video I've seen shows the needs popup to be less than half the size it was in TS3.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm impressed how much people can pay attention to details. I hadn't noticed these clipping issues when I watched the video the first time but it's not very important for me, and as many other players said, it's better than having routing issues and being forced to use mods (overwatch, error trap...) to get rid of them. In TS3 routing issues explain most of the lags and freezes we have in live mode. So as I find very annoying to play a game with such issues, and as I know that the PERFECT game doesn't exist, I far prefer playing with clippings and without mods than with routing troubles, lags, freezes and 2 or 3 mods to fix them (edit: knowing that these mods are not so efficient to fix them. In TS3, I have lags and freezes even with the mods but it would be worse without them)
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    I see a lot of post on this thread stating that if it came down to a choice between the severe clipping shown in this video or the routing fail tantrums of TS3 that some people would choose clipping. My own take on this is, if given a choice, I choose neither. I choose Option C which is EA actually delivering on their promise of improved routing and not taking the cheap, easy, jack-leg way out by simply making Sims permeable to all object up to and including Panzer tanks.

But that just might be me. I've never been one to actually be grateful for getting something less than what I was promised.

I agree with your post 100%!

He/Him
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I kind of laughed about the two clippings, and then thought oh no, then I remembered Sims 3, how if that happen in Sims 3, my sims would stay there and yell an holler, stump his food and never decide to go in a different direction. I hated that, it got to the point in some places, you would have to move half the things in the room to stratify him.
    clippings, well I don't mind them so much when I think of how it was.
    Some over time have been funny. My relief was that the game did not crash or lag or anything it kept right on going and that to me is most important, In Sims 3 sims got stuck everywhere, pets, animals got stuck, and the game would lag and I would have to look around trying to find out who or what was stuck. I did not enjoy that at all, I would rather laugh at a few clippings and my game play with out lag or crash.
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    I see a lot of post on this thread stating that if it came down to a choice between the severe clipping shown in this video or the routing fail tantrums of TS3 that some people would choose clipping. My own take on this is, if given a choice, I choose neither. I choose Option C which is EA actually delivering on their promise of improved routing and not taking the cheap, easy, jack-leg way out by simply making Sims permeable to all object up to and including Panzer tanks.

But that just might be me. I've never been one to actually be grateful for getting something less than what I was promised.

From everything that we have seen, this seems to be the route they took with everything.

Story Progression wasn't working correctly in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    Open World didn't work efficiently in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    CASt caused textures to load inefficiently in The Sims 3. Solution: Remove it
    Even with Open World gone, we still can't seem to fix routing issues: Solution: Remove collision checks

They failed to fix even one single issue from The Sims 3. Not one single issue. Even starting from from a whole new foundation, the brand new foundation ended up with the same issues the new foundation had.

I sadly do not have any hope for this game, and i'm not even too upset about the clipping, I'm dreading what this game will become in X amount of store content, expension packs and stuff packs, seeying how the base for this game already is looking to be a mess and how EA gives Maxis time to fix things, It's clear that this game will become the next Sims 3 or Simcity, nothing gets fixed unless the community will do it for them, meanwhile maxis can slave on and is surely already bussy with that first stuff pack and expension pack

oh well atleast there's a new Rollercoaster tycoon and cities in the make... .
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Posts: 48 Member
    > @Evalen said:
    > I kind of laughed about the two clippings, and then thought oh no, then I remembered Sims 3, how if that happen in Sims 3, my sims would stay there and yell an holler, stump his food and never decide to go in a different direction. I hated that, it got to the point in some places, you would have to move half the things in the room to stratify him.
    > clippings, well I don't mind them so much when I think of how it was.
    > Some over time have been funny. My relief was that the game did not crash or lag or anything it kept right on going and that to me is most important, In Sims 3 sims got stuck everywhere, pets, animals got stuck, and the game would lag and I would have to look around trying to find out who or what was stuck. I did not enjoy that at all, I would rather laugh at a few clippings and my game play with out lag or crash.

I agree I dont see what everyone is whining about this fixes a big problem we had in sims 3.