Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to NOT delay the Sims 4

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    Definitely SIGNED!!!!!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    I will sign this one, just to counter the other one that wants everyone to wait because they aren't getting the features they want. I am hoping for a great stable game, if there was something that was really wrong with the game I wouldn't really have a problem with them delaying. But to delay because of the temper tantrums of other simmers would make me mad.

THIS. I'd rather have full access to the game and wait for toddlers and pools WHILST I PLAY than have no access to the game until toddlers and pools are ready.

I feel the exact same way.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    I usually don't believe in petitions, but for this one I'll make an exception, sign me up. :D

Can't wait until Sept 2.

Edit cause I can't spell. :roll:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well one person signing here has me very impressed and makes me know this was the right place to sign up. No one know a game or modding or programming as good as Inge Jones - and if she's ready - then the game is ready for sure.

Not that I doubted it or anything - Inge Jones is one of the people I most respect as far as anything Sims goes - both her and her spouse. Makes me smile she agrees the game is ready.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited August 2014

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

-Shigeru Miyamoto
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:

-Shigeru Miyamoto

Get outta here with your logic and reasoning.

gimme-gimme-GIF.gif

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif[/img]

6fccb5b05f05eeee05a58026c21626bf.jpg
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited August 2014

To be fair, a game with tons of patches might also eventually be good. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    ToyoueToyoue Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2014
    Signed!

I've seen no evidence stating that there are, in fact, any bugs that would make the game unplayable on release day (like so many people just know that there are), or even rushed - and some missing features is not a reason to delay the game, just because some people want them NAO. There have also been good signs from the people over at the Creators' Camp on twitter. They seem very excited about the game so far, and I'm excited to hear what they have to say on Monday.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well one person signing here has me very impressed and makes me know this was the right place to sign up. No one know a game or modding or programming as good as Inge Jones - and if she's ready - then the game is ready for sure.

Not that I doubted it or anything - Inge Jones is one of the people I most respect as far as anything Sims goes - both her and her spouse. Makes me smile she agrees the game is ready.

This ^^^

I'm such a fangirl of the Joneses...some of the smartest people around I say. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:
    To be fair, a game with tons of patches might also eventually be good. ;)

Yes, but by then it's too late. Everyone but a handful of hardcore fangirls has already sworn off the game (and more importantly to EA, future expansions/DLC/sequels).
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    I will sign this one, just to counter the other one that wants everyone to wait because they aren't getting the features they want. I am hoping for a great stable game, if there was something that was really wrong with the game I wouldn't really have a problem with them delaying. But to delay because of the temper tantrums of other simmers would make me mad.

THIS. I'd rather have full access to the game and wait for toddlers and pools WHILST I PLAY than have no access to the game until toddlers and pools are ready.

ignoring the fact that your than going to have to pay for those in an expansion pack. AND that since toddlers and pools were put in an expansion some other feature would be left out of whatever expansion it is.
  • Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok...lets break this down for you as you clearly aren't quite as bright as you think you are...

Do you feel good getting that of your chest, I sure hope so I'm glad you came to terms with your stupidity and lack of a brain.

Your opening gambit is an insult about intelligence - clearly because you feel yourself to be more so than the rest of the population, therefore you think that insulting someone else's intelligence will cut them to the quick - and yet you completely missed the sarcastic tone of my riposte. In my world that kind of highlights your own lack of insight...but maybe that's just me!

Although I did read beyond the first post, it was not needed to deem this thread pointless and idiotic.

You really should have read the whole thread...Calling people "mindless" and the thread "pointless and idiotic" without you having actually read it, just makes you look a bit stupid. Go on...treat yourself, have a read of the bits where I talk about the thread being facile...:D

And here is why...tea_and_blues already has a thread that directly contrasting the purpose of yours.

I'll skip this because it doesn't make any sense and I can see you wrote it in a hurry....it would be embarrassing for you if I drew attention to it...
    But hers has nearly 700 signatures from people who understand what a delay would accomplish while yours has a sad 28. Those 691 people are showing support for something they believe in.

Can we be clear here...we aren't talking about anything of global import - it's a game. Also belief systems can be based on false assumptions. Some people believe in God, others believe in fairies, other people believe in the creationist doctrine...it doesn't preclude other people from voicing the opinion that these things are irrelevant and don't exist...
    You however don't support a delay because of impatience and the fact that you and many other will buy whatever EA will **** out of their money hungry *****.

Are you talking about me personally? Since you don't know me and didn't bother to read the thread, you have no real basis for making this statement. Maybe I just don't believe a delay will accomplish anything - and my suggestion to those that do is to not buy the game until all the things they think are missing have been "put back" into it...seems quite a logical conclusion to me. Works for everyone...
    Why post this??? Both sides know that a delay is very unlikely to happen, even though one can remain hopeful,

Again...if you bothered to read the thread your answer to this would have appeared obvious to you...unless you're a 🐸🐸🐸🐸...
    ... so to post a petition that shows a lack of support for something beneficial both to the product and consumers is very ignorant and yes, CHILD like.

It actually isn't my job to support anyone else's point of view. And that it is "beneficial" is simply your opinion. As you grow up you will learn to differentiate between what is right and what is just your opinion - they aren't the same thing, although they aren't mutually exclusive either!
    What do you support???

The right of free speech and the right of every human being to live the way they prefer to, providing it doesn't hurt or impede anyone or anything else's right to live the way they wish to live...
    Please tell me and tell me why???

Because I believe it is the right thing...
    You say i have a lot of growing up to do, and yet you use the acronym "OMG", please.

So does Stephen Fry...and he's nobody's mindless idiot!
    And its funny that you mentioned HAWKING, "ING" by the way, but my IQ is 161.

I kind of doubt that you have an IQ of 161...but (as a psychologist) I find it quite enlightening that you felt the need to mention it :D
    It is more than safe to say your insight on both simple and complex ideas pales in comparison to mine and most others.

It isn't safe to say at all....There is no basis for you holding that view apart from your own faulty bias about whether or not a game should be delayed and (what?) a spelling error?

Now...answer me a question.

Why did you feel the need to post on this thread? We are clearly idiots with no understanding of "simple or complex ideas" - why would you even bother? Was it venting? Trolling? Or something more sinister? Did you think that by coming and insulting us all that we would understand the error of our ways and you'd have converted us all to the 'other side' of the argument...Yes! because calling people "mindless" is a brilliant tactic, isn't it?

Also...you bumped the thread and got it noticed by a few more people :D
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:

-Shigeru Miyamoto

To me the game sounds good as it is now, i don't want to give them time to add back the crap features they removed (except toddlers)
    My origin id is sim2011