Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to NOT delay the Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    JVENN wrote:

Oh good lord! Who made those rules about how to set up a petition thread? and who made you the petition thread police?
    :shock: That's an unexpected response, I was just trying to help.
    I guess you didn't actually read my post, you skimmed it.
    They aren't rules they were suggestions.
    I never stated they were rules.

EA, usually doesn't pay attention to petitions where they don't know how many people have signed, and the people who have signed aren't in list form somewhere easily viewable in the thread.
    I wasn't trying to tell you what to do I was giving you advice.
    Petitions in the real world are even run this way, but if you want to be rude to someone just trying to help then I hope you fail.
    Good day Ma'am. :wink:
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It is not being selfish. A delay benefits everyone. A rushed game benefits no one, but it "hurts" (for lack of a better term) everyone.

I'm a very logical person and I like facts to back up statements. Unless you can provide a statement or interview that actually shows a delay benefits everyone and hurts everyone it's your opinion. Link please?

Are your serious?

Facepalm*

"Can you providea link proving the cure of Cancer would benefit everyone"?

You are actually comparing a cure for cancer to a shipping date on a video game? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?

I'm afraid a face palm on my part just isn't going to do it.

head_desk_by_catmaniac8x-d4pz9ps.gif
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Here is a example: She didn't say anything that would offend anyone. She spoke the truth. Both sides have there own wants in this. Then all she did was try to help you with your petition. But your response shows your true colors.

Ah I see...although it might depend on how your internal voice interprets it. If your internal voice read it in a snarky way then it was rude...if your internal voice read it in the way I might speak it, it wouldn't sound particularly rude. I don't think you should assume anything about my "true colours"...whatever that may mean.
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:

Perhaps I'm missing something. It states they've a really cool genetics system so on and so forth and later on that they made some key decisions to focus on other things. Nowhere does it state, we're doing this because we ran out of time.

What you gave me isn't what I would like to see. I would like a guru's tweet or something stating that they're not adding toddlers or pools because they ran out of time. That is the whole crux of the argument for a delay (not that I don't understand ppl wanting a delay, if that's certainly the reason why) but the logic of the argument without confirmation isn't making sense to me.
    This surfaced the same day that no toddlers were announced. I think Faith posted it here first, though I'm not sure where it comes from originally.
    no-toddlers.png"width=640height=480
  • Options
    edited June 2014

:shock: That's an unexpected response, I was just trying to help.
    I guess you didn't actually read my post, you skimmed it.
    They aren't rules they were suggestions.
    I never stated they were rules.

EA, usually doesn't pay attention to petitions where they don't know how many people have signed, and the people who have signed aren't in list form somewhere easily viewable in the thread.
    I wasn't trying to tell you what to do I was giving you advice.
    Petitions in the real world are even run this way, but if you want to be rude to someone just trying to help then I hope you fail.
    Good day Ma'am. :wink:

I DID read it...your use of the word "properly" implies that there are rules about these matters. I was simply asking where these rules were...

Just to clarify...the title of this thread may be a bit misleading - I was making a facile statement for comedic effect. We don't really need a petition to NOT delay the game, since it's NOT being delayed...

Equal to my apparent rudeness, I would say that patronising people is just as rude...but that's my prerogative I suppose...

Thank you for the advice that I didn't ask for...you're very kind to have tried to help :)
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    It has nothing to do with internal anything. Use your psycho babble on someone else. It has to do with reality. You were rude. Plain and simple. Own it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

You are actually comparing a cure for cancer to a shipping date on a video game? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?

You beat me to it
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    It has nothing to do with internal anything. Use your psycho babble on someone else. It has to do with reality. You were rude. Plain and simple. Own it.

As a psychologist I tend to speak as a psychologist...I tend not to babble...but thanks for the advice :)

Isn't babbling what toddlers do?
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It is not being selfish. A delay benefits everyone. A rushed game benefits no one, but it "hurts" (for lack of a better term) everyone.

I'm a very logical person and I like facts to back up statements. Unless you can provide a statement or interview that actually shows a delay benefits everyone and hurts everyone it's your opinion. Link please?

Are your serious?

Facepalm*

"Can you providea link proving the cure of Cancer would benefit everyone"?

Guys just calm down for a second, what he means by a delay would benefit everyone is:
    1.) The people who liked the game as is, would probably like it after the delay just the same.
    2.) The delay would give EA time to add features that a lot of people want added to the base game that could never be added in an expansion pack.

The post was actually slightly wrong it should've been phrased "A delay would benefit a larger group of players, but no delay would benefit only a small group of players."

Your proof is in this very forum, look at the amount of people that have signed petitions on change.org and this very forum compared to the amount of people who don't want a delay. Benefit "means an advantage or profit gained from something." The people who want features added to the game would gain an advantage with a delay, if EA actually adds features during the amount of time their given with the delay; otherwise, the delay won't benefit anyone.
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ok...I'm just playing with you. What you are really saying is that everyone who buys it, should be able to play it the way they want to! Right?

Well....by that logic, if only the people like me, buy it...and the people like you, don't...then everyone will be happy?...yes?

Let me first say "I am still Nailed to the Fence"(still don't know about buying)

but for you to say this statement is really kind of selfish, you are kind of laughing in the face of all the rest who disagree with the type of game play they went with. By saying "I am happy and you are not so just don't buy it"but that is unfair because after all I love playing the sims also(been playing since sims 1) I would just like to have the sims4 with the kind of game play that suits me as well, and so far from what I see in the sims 4 it does not and that makes me UN happy as well.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    That just makes it so much worse.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    JVENN wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:

As a psychologist I tend to speak as a psychologist...I tend not to babble...but thanks for the advice :)

Isn't babbling what toddlers do?

Uh, no babies babble, toddlers actually have a working language it's just you can't understand it since they haven't actually learned to form their words with their tongues and mouths. That takes practice. Everything a little toddler says makes sense once you actually listen with not only your ears but your other senses. It's one of those intuitive insights into the language of toddlers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sign me up for this one. Or did I already post here? A day seems a long time...
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm signing this because I honestly do not think that Maxis will honor the other petition to have the game delayed to add toddlers, pools, and some other things. Secondly, even if it were delayed, I don't think it would make the game any better. I am interested to see how the Sims Team have reinvented the sims for sims 4. At first I was really disappointed when I found out there were no toddlers, pools, CASt, that they added loading screens again, etc. But now that I think about it, I am kind of intrigued by this return to sims 1 roots. I mean, the whole reason I fell in love with sims is because of sims 1. Sims 4 has a lot of qualities that the sims 1 had. I am interested in this return to the whacky stories that can only happen in the sims world. This isn't a real life simulator. It's supposed to have quirky qualities to it. That's the sims. So, no, I don't want the game delayed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Guys just calm down for a second, what he means by a delay would benefit everyone is:
    1.) The people who liked the game as is, would probably like it after the delay just the same.
    2.) The delay would give EA time to add features that a lot of people want added to the base game that could never be added in an expansion pack.

The post was actually slightly wrong it should've been phrased "A delay would benefit a larger group of players, but no delay would benefit only a small group of players."

Your proof is in this very forum, look at the amount of people that have signed petitions on change.org and this very forum compared to the amount of people who don't want a delay. Benefit "means an advantage or profit gained from something." The people who want features added to the game would gain an advantage with a delay, if EA actually adds features during the amount of time their given with the delay; otherwise, the delay won't benefit anyone.
    That, plus the fact that a delay means more time for them to beta test.

You probably said it better than I did.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014

At this point you don't really know the numbers. Exactly how many people would truly benefit from a delay? You don't know if there are game braking bugs. What you do know is some people are unhappy the game does not include content they want.

As far as petitions ....the delay petition has been going on for several days. The no delay has just started and I would think most people really believe that petition or no petition the game will ship on September 2nd.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would think most people really believe that petition or no petition the game will ship on September 2nd.

Basically, yup!
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JVENN wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Don't count me in your "everyone"...maybe the "rushed" game is exactly what I want...so, if you don't count me in your "everyone" then it's NOT everyone...so how many is it exactly?
    If a rushed game is what you want, then you are the one being selfish.

But it is a "rushed" game in YOUR opinion and a few others here. I think it is coming along nicely. I also feel comfortable in saying others feel the same. But not everyone.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited June 2014
    I honestly can't help but laugh at everyone on this thread who are claiming that they'll "have to buy an unfinished game" or "have to buy DLC" or "have to buy expansions that include things the base game should have came with" and so on... oh yeah, and my favorite: "I'm gonna suffer with this game not having toddlers and pools!" <- That one makes me laugh the most! lol

No one's making you buy anything, let alone "suffer". Last I knew, YOU choose what happens with YOUR money! You choose what you buy. You choose what you spend your money on. Nobody's forcing you to buy The Sims 4 and like I said, it's quite laughable that so many of you are making it seem that way. If you don't want the game, don't buy it!

I'm very disappointed that toddlers and pools are being kept out of The Sims 4, but guess what? Instead of acting as if I'm being forced to buy the game, I've decided to not buy it until they're re-added. Why? Because unlike you people (apparently), I can actually choose what I spend my money on. If you're honestly feeling forced to buy a game, I feel sorry for you... you obviously don't have a mind of your own.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    1121A1121A Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed! I completely agree with you NOT EVERYONE WANTS IT DELAYED, INCLUDING ME!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JVENN wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Don't count me in your "everyone"...maybe the "rushed" game is exactly what I want...so, if you don't count me in your "everyone" then it's NOT everyone...so how many is it exactly?

But it is a "rushed" game in YOUR opinion and a few others here. I think it is coming along nicely. I also feel comfortable in saying others feel the same. But not everyone.
    If they've had to squeeze 3+ years worth of development into less than 2 years, then it is being rushed.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JVENN wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

If they've had to squeeze 3+ years worth of development into less than 2 years, then it is being rushed.

Sigh, that's how I feel Cal, we might as well give up trying to explain that point, I don't think some (not all who do want it) would care if it was thrown together in six months. They just aren't going to listen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:

Perhaps I'm missing something. It states they've a really cool genetics system so on and so forth and later on that they made some key decisions to focus on other things. Nowhere does it state, we're doing this because we ran out of time.

What you gave me isn't what I would like to see. I would like a guru's tweet or something stating that they're not adding toddlers or pools because they ran out of time. That is the whole crux of the argument for a delay (not that I don't understand ppl wanting a delay, if that's certainly the reason why) but the logic of the argument without confirmation isn't making sense to me.
    This surfaced the same day that no toddlers were announced. I think Faith posted it here first, though I'm not sure where it comes from originally.
    no-toddlers.png"width=640height=480

A thread somewhere on here. As I recall it was also discounted as being from twitter on the same thread, though it would be helpful to recall what thread. Same thing but from a guru we know then. Who would've thought asking for confirmation could be this much fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    That just makes it so much worse.

I think you are very mean and rude!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed :D !!!

And here is my explanation why I don't believe in delays and boycotts:

Have you guys ever considered that toddlers may have been thrown out of the game because they are too expensive?

To record the animations for the sims, EA has to work with actors in a studio. Adults and children can follow the director's orders quickly. Dogs and cats are cheap workers. But babies and toddlers are uncontrollable and expensive. There are severe laws about working with little children. And if you have bad luck, it may last days and weeks until a toddler ore baby shows the kind of professional and standardized movements that you need for a game. I'm quite sure that the lack of interactions for little children in TS3 was caused by these problems.

So if you want toddlers in the game, TS4 must be a financial success. EA will never spend money for animations of a whole age group for a boycotted flop game.