Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to NOT delay the Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jenzup wrote:
    JVENN wrote:
    pam4402003 wrote:
    Kindly take my Name OFF your list!!! I never said I wanted my name on your list. I would be one that would like a delay in this game.

You will need to ask whoever quoted the list to remove it.

Wow I see you really like to believe whatever you want to so more power to you. You can't argue with the delusional you'll only make yourself look as crazy as they are so I'm won't because I'm not.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say - are you saying I'm delusional because I'm not able to edit the quoted list. The original list was removed yesterday, there is no list to edit, apart from in the post where someone quoted it. Surely that's just a fact...I'm not deluded about it.

Just to make this clear...you have now called me a bully, crazy, delusional, vitriolic, venomous etc etc.

:D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2014
    JVENN!

:lol::lol: totally enjoyed your OP. signed!

i needed this - there's been way too much drama here and this bit of tongue and cheek is refreshing. and of course your handling of the thread. masterful.

i do have some concerns with the game but i also am well aware that i have very limited knowledge of the game. i simply cant suggest the game needs to be delayed based on the little info we have rec'd. i also know that if the game falls short - yes it will be sad but then i simply wont buy any thing after the base.

i will admit some of the issues do make me think i should probably wait for it to go one sale, but this could change with more info - like game footage. see i can sign even though i am contemplating waiting :)

• Options
    edited July 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    JVENN!

i needed this - there's been way too much drama here and this bit of tongue and cheek is refreshing. and of course your handling of the thread. masterful.

i do have some concerns with the game but i also am well aware that i have very limited knowledge of the game. i simply cant suggest the game needs to be delayed based on the little info we have rec'd. i also know that if the game falls short - yes it will be sad but then i simply wont buy any thing after the base.

i will admit some of the issues do make me think i should probably wait for it to go one sale, but this could change with more info - like game footage. see i can sign even though i am contemplating waiting :)

Thank you so much...I was feeling pretty deflated when I signed in this morning to see all the nastiness directed at me. It's nice that someone actually got that I was being cheeky rather than mean :) You've expressed exactly my motives for doing this in the first place :)
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    If this game is released and isn't delayed, I feel like they are going to be a lot unhappy people on here. After you play with your emotions what will you do next. There's no Cast, no open world, no pools, no toddlers, no aging and I could go on. After playing the sims 3 with all it had to offer you are going to be very, very disappointed.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2014
    JVENN wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:
    JVENN!

Thank you so much...I was feeling pretty deflated when I signed in this morning to see all the nastiness directed at me. It's nice that someone actually got that I was being cheeky rather than mean :) You've expressed exactly my motives for doing this in the first place :)

you bet! and its a tough crowd here. ive come to accept that many maybe expressing more than issues with a game.

i also realize if i can still be cautiously excited for something i see as flawed then im sure im not alone.
  • Options
    Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here's a ling I think everyone needs to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaAH-cv2ybo
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jenzup wrote:

It's times like this that I miss the "benes" on the TS2 forums.

BENE!
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    JVENN wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:
    JVENN!

I'm sorry if I didn't see this was cheeky, but the forums are not in that place right now. Everybody is at each others throats all day everyday and it takes nothing to get people worked up now (I'm one of those people who's too irritated right now, :oops: so I can see how others are the same). A lot of people hear this stuff at the in all seriousness all the time, so it's almost impossible not to take it as just being mean. So if this was supposed to be cheeky, I'm sorry that didn't go over well, but the forums just aren't in that place.

I was hoping for a legit counter thread though, to the delay one. I got worked up last night, but I don't object the opinions of those who don't want a delay (I know waiting blows majorly. Sims 3 almost killed me :lol: ) and I'm honestly interested to see numbers to really see who stands where, I just object those who have to go about expressing that by being rude and people have plenty of times and I just took this thread as being just like that.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    I'm sorry if I didn't see this was cheeky, but the forums are not in that place right now. Everybody is at each others throats all day everyday and it takes nothing to get people worked up now (I'm one of those people who's too irritated right now, :oops: so I can see how others are the same). A lot of people hear this stuff at the in all seriousness all the time, so it's almost impossible not to take it as just being mean. So if this was supposed to be cheeky, I'm sorry that didn't go over well, but the forums just aren't in that place.

I was hoping for a legit counter thread though, to the delay one. I got worked up last night, but I don't object the opinions of those who don't want a delay (I know waiting blows majorly. Sims 3 almost killed me :lol: ) and I'm honestly interested to see numbers to really see who stands where, I just object those who have to go about expressing that by being rude and people have plenty of times and I just took this thread as being just like that.

Thank you for this. I would say that, in the absence of a 'legitimate' counter thread we might consider this has become a genuine petition - or at least a place for those who don't want a delay to have their say, without their voices being lost in a hail of delay-fire :)

It's pretty hard to keep up a joke when people take your every word as a slight or an attack. Lets say I'm human and some of my responses might have been poorly thought out, especially considering tone doesn't convey well in the written word :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *If* this petition can clean up its act, make a list, etc, I'll be very happy to link to it in the opening post of the petition for a delay so that people who disagree with a delay can make their voices heard. However, as it stands, there's a lot of fighting and misrepresentation happening here, including citing people who are not signing and not in support as supporters, and double-listing names, and I'm currently too nervous about the conduct in this thread to feel comfortable linking to it.

But best of luck, and no hard feelings.

OK...I have compiled a list of the genuine signatories. I hope I have it correct :D

Just to be clear, though - Msrednotdead said "double signed" - putting her name twice was a joke. As was the putting the names of people who felt they needed to simple come onto the thread to berate anyone who doesn't agree to a delay! I also considered adding Koolcool252 10,000 times but I guess that wouldn't go down too well :D
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2014
    In case you want to make this into a real petition, here's a list of those in the thread who actually have signed. I want to stress that I'm trying really hard in the other thread not to mispresent anyone, and to be fair and keep it all polite, and only to include *one* signature from *one* individual who *does* say they are signing. I don't include the signatures of people who say they agree but are not signing, and I don't include the signatures of people who disagree in the thread.

1. JVENN
    2. catloverplayer
    3. wickedjr89
    4. leep45508
    5. Sparkle2010
    6. LovenVincent
    7. Msrednotdead
    8. Faith12368
    9. Memina11
    10. JeanBaby4
    11. Pandagirl9449
    12. Sucom
    13. Kail16
    14. PHOEBESMOM601
    15. userkitty1969
    16. IngeJones
    17. jaxie086
    18. 1121A
    19. alanmichael1
    20. Koolcool252 (10,000 times)
    21. Valandis
    22. Rmk375

Edit: I see you've also compiled a list while I was making this one. That's cool. Let's just try to keep this constructive. We all, ultimately, want a good game. We're just disagreeing about what will result in a good game. It doesn't have to get so personal.

Edit: Oops. I missed Ceejay and possibly some others. That wasn't malicious. It gets tricky when people start tucking their "signed" into large paragraphs.

Edit: I've added a link to the OP of the delay petition. Best of luck JVENN and others. Let's keep it friendly.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In case you want to make this into a real petition, here's a list of those in the thread who actually have signed. I want to stress that I'm trying really hard in the other thread not to mispresent anyone, and to be fair and keep it all polite, and only to include *one* signature from *one* individual who *does* say they are signing. I don't include the signatures of people who say they agree but are not signing, and I don't include the signatures of people who disagree in the thread.

1. JVENN
    2. catloverplayer
    3. wickedjr89
    4. leep45508
    5. Sparkle2010
    6. LovenVincent
    7. Msrednotdead
    8. Faith12368
    9. Memina11
    10. JeanBaby4
    11. Pandagirl9449
    12. Sucom
    13. Kail16
    14. PHOEBESMOM601
    15. userkitty1969
    16. IngeJones
    17. jaxie086
    18. 1121A
    19. alanmichael1
    20. Koolcool252 (10,000 times)
    21. Valandis
    22. Rmk375

Edit: I see you've also compiled a list while I was making this one. That's cool. Let's just try to keep this constructive. We all, ultimately, want a good game. We're just disagreeing about what will result in a good game. It doesn't have to get so personal.

Edit: Oops. I missed Ceejay and possibly some others. That wasn't malicious. It gets tricky when people start tucking their "signed" into large paragraphs.

Edit: I've added a link to the OP of the delay petition. Best of luck JVENN and others. Let's keep it friendly.

Thanks for this - we seem to have a 1 name disparity but I don't have time to search for which it is. I will add an edit to my OP to ask if anyone is named but didn't sign or did sign and their name hasn't been added and then I will try and keep it up to date :)

My only hope is that, if a lot of people come from your thread to attempt to derail this one, you'll remove the link :)
  • Options
    emmajeannieemmajeannie Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't want it delayed again either!
    The game will never please everyone and for me, CASt was buggy as anything and caused major major lag; pools are blatantly being saved for an EP (rightly or wrongly on EAs part) which you can buy or not buy as you see fit and the lack of open world means more sims on community lots rather than having parks, clubs etc all empty bar like one or two sims.

As for toddlers, well I never play them anyway but for those who do i sense that the gurus have got the picture about peoples unhappiness and i think might patch them in free - so where's the difference between people who want toddlers waiting for a patch and having everyone have to wait through a game delay whether they want toddlers or not.

Also as someone who works with multibillion dollar companies for a living, I can say that no way are EA going to delay it again anyway unless the game literally wont work to the point of their having to provide purchasers with compensation. They've already cost their shareholders money by moving the game through one financial year they wont do it again (which I guess means this post is pointless ;) )
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The game will never please everyone and for me, CASt was buggy as anything and caused major major lag; pools are blatantly being saved for an EP (rightly or wrongly on EAs part) which you can buy or not buy as you see fit and the lack of open world means more sims on community lots rather than having parks, clubs etc all empty bar like one or two sims.

As for toddlers, well I never play them anyway but for those who do i sense that the gurus have got the picture about peoples unhappiness and i think might patch them in free - so where's the difference between people who want toddlers waiting for a patch and having everyone have to wait through a game delay whether they want toddlers or not.

Also as someone who works with multibillion dollar companies for a living, I can say that no way are EA going to delay it again anyway unless the game literally wont work to the point of their having to provide purchasers with compensation. They've already cost their shareholders money by moving the game through one financial year they wont do it again (which I guess means this post is pointless ;) )

Thank you...and I agree with you. Are you signing?
  • Options
    emmajeannieemmajeannie Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2014
    JVENN wrote:

Thank you...and I agree with you. Are you signing?

yep I'll sign
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you run into any problems with traffic from that thread, or suspect you are, just let me know, and the link will be gone. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jenzup wrote:

Oh...I get it now. You didn't come on my thread to defend your friends - you came on my thread to attack me for not seeing things the way you wanted me to see them...

Very subversive, the way you made it all about what a delusion, crazy and venomous person I am and not just about your views...

I bow to your sneakiness :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If you run into any problems with traffic from that thread, or suspect you are, just let me know, and the link will be gone. :)

Thank you...

Oh...just had a thought. In the spirit of reciprocity I will put up a link to your thread :D
  • Options
    ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed :-) There is no need to delay it! It's looking good. :D
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up, although it has been confirmed by a guru that it will not be delayed :)

9M5R63S.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Sign me up, although it has been confirmed by a guru that it will not be delayed :)

9M5R63S.png

Thank you...it is reassuring that EA isn't listening to those who think a delay will somehow magic some extra features :)
  • Options
    lucypostillenilucypostilleni Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2014
    If every sims game was the same as the one before, we'd all be complaining about that.I hope it is different. Toddlers drive me up the wall anyway. If any body thinks they're going to EVER, get any game that's glitch free, I've got some land on Mars for sale.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited July 2014
    or September 5th in the UK :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed