Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Render - FIRST LOOK AT BABIES

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    OmfgTabithaOmfgTabitha Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    Love the baby.

Love the same-sex couples.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    sarasara14 wrote:
    iiiiiii :O love it!! I do think there needs to be a toddler stage in between, it's a hude gap :) but otherwise I love it!!

Yep, me too. I have pre-ordered and cancelled and pre-ordered and cancelled, etc., etc., etc., Amazon must be ready to kill me. One minute I'm completely in love, the next I hate it. I'm not mentally ill, really.

I've never been so indecisive before. But I think I'll go ahead and try the base, at least. What a freakin' schmuck I can be :oops:

But, at least you holdouts will hear the truth from me on the 2nd. I'll be a guinea pig for all you veterans and new with 3 alike. Please consider me your true friend, lol.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    In my humble opinion i think the baby needs a cute little pj like this one and other cute little outfits so far the only baby clothes creator i know and she is a member on this forum is mcrudd from new zeland

i21u9h.jpg

Maybe she will make cute baby clothes for the sims 4?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    My reaction to finally seeing a baby-
    success.jpg
    LOL!! love the gif & it's how I feel when I saw the baby as well XD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    So much for listening to the fans. How hard is it to put the babies in a little footed PJ like they used to come in the original The Sims game? Even a onesie would be better than just having them in diapers. And don't tell me it's because of the spin...in The Sims, the parent tossed the baby up in the air and it spun and was clean, if I remember correctly. The toddlers did the same in The Sims 2.

Come on, now Sims Team....I know it's a little thing, but I can't be the only one irked by this. (And sorry if anyone else has posted this type of reply, I didn't feel like reading through all 11 pages).
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't believe people are complaining about the baby being in a diaper, as if it's confirmed that that is all they can wear. I think the baby looks good and I'm not going to freak out about what it's wearing until we get confirmation that it only wears diapers.

And saying it's just copy and pasted from TS2? That's laughable. What did you expect to get when we were told the baby was going to be like the babies in TS2? Lol.

I will say that if there are teens in that picture, I can't tell the difference. Disappointment strikes again.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    At this point I am not even surprised that they are recycling content from previous games in an effort to try and add some substance to this title. Disappointed? Yes, but never surprised anymore. This game needs a ton of work still, and I have a feeling it's only going to get what it needs with a $40 price tag.
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    It's an improvement as far as larvae babies are concerned but I was hoping for something above Sims 2 babies. Not identical looking Sims 2 babies.

These are my feelings exactly. How hard would it be to come up with a pink onesie and blue onesie?
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    So much for listening to the fans. How hard is it to put the babies in a little footed PJ like they used to come in the original The Sims game? Even a onesie would be better than just having them in diapers. And don't tell me it's because of the spin...in The Sims, the parent tossed the baby up in the air and it spun and was clean, if I remember correctly. The toddlers did the same in The Sims 2.

Come on, now Sims Team....I know it's a little thing, but I can't be the only one irked by this. (And sorry if anyone else has posted this type of reply, I didn't feel like reading through all 11 pages).

In the sims 2 we had changing tables in the base game and they were fully animated. You could spin the baby to remove the dirty diaper, but the baby's hygiene would still be low. Then you could give it a bath in the sink, and it was so cute! And the toddlers would look so concerned when you lowered them into the bathtub, but then they'd start splashing around and giggling...

Sorry, got off track there. :oops: But they better let us give the babies baths since we don't have any toddlers!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

In the sims 2 we had changing tables in the base game and they were fully animated. You could spin the baby to remove the dirty diaper, but the baby's hygiene would still be low. Then you could give it a bath in the sink, and it was so cute! And the toddlers would look so concerned when you lowered them into the bathtub, but then they'd start splashing around and giggling...

Sorry, got off track there. :oops: But they better let us give the babies baths since we don't have any toddlers!

Jarsie knows, she's been with the game since the original. If I'm a veteran? She's a 5 Star General! :lol:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I love this render, the baby is so cute! I am hoping that we do have onesies for them but... At least there will be CC for that.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow a thread based around a baby turned into a negative fest pretty fast and pretty deeply i might add..some even seem to be *trying* to find reasons but *shrugs* to each their own i guess.

I love the picture and because it is a render of sorts,im not holding my breath on exact appearance but i love the baby too. though many might feel its a step back to the sims 2,i personally would rather have that then another burrito baby.

And the pride month,awesome there too. I guess anyone can see it any way they wish but on a personal note,its good to see someone like EA-opening up to a large and diverse gaming community :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    In my humble opinion i think the baby needs a cute little pj like this one and other cute little outfits so far the only baby clothes creator i know and she is a member on this forum is mcrudd from new zeland

i21u9h.jpg

Maybe she will make cute baby clothes for the sims 4?

Aww very cute :D now this is how a baby should look. now that we see them in the sims 4,maybe we could start asking the devs and such,for new clothes options to be added to OR even better yet,the creators would LOVE to make stuff for them :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    suzses wrote:
    Didn't read the thread, but we got burrito babies, which I personally didn't mind, because people didn't like basically naked babies in diapers. So, we're back to babies in diapers . . . What don't they understand about clothes? They still didn't get it.

Right you are. Awwww, poor little babe, all naked and cold, with no blanket to snuggle around him. He'll be lying there shivering in his crib all night, with arms and legs flailing helplessly. *sniff* :(

Eta: They could have done something really cute, like Swee'Pea's outfit from the Popeye cartoons: :D

102731-Swee-Pea-Baby-Costume-large.jpg
    swee'+pea3.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    the outfit was something i requested when the sims2 was still working on my computer for anyone wondering and for simmers that still has the sims2 you can fine this outfit on the insim website
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(