Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Render - FIRST LOOK AT BABIES

Comments

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    I preferred the Sims 2 babies over Sims 3 babies, yes but the point is, what we always wanted was babies you could dress! Like toddlers, but they messed that up with Sims 3 and just kept them in blankets when people complained they looked cold, so we say we want legs back meaning again we also want to dress them duh and again they take the easy way out argh. With as many mods out there to dress babies and change blanket colors you would think they would get it duh.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe we can buy them a babygrow...

Oh wait.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    gayars wrote:
    I preferred the Sims 2 babies over Sims 3 babies, yes but the point is, what we always wanted was babies you could dress! Like toddlers, but they messed that up with Sims 3 and just kept them in blankets when people complained they looked cold, so we say we want legs back meaning again we also want to dress them duh and again they take the easy way out argh. With as many mods out there to dress babies and change blanket colors you would think they would get it duh.

There was a mod to dress babies in TS2 later on btw.

It is really weird that they still haven't shown us any footage of babies. What are they actually done with? Sorry, other than CAS, build mode and ~emotions~
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pre-post- "I really hope TS4'S babies are more like TS2's, the burrito babies were ugly!"
    Now- "Ugh, it looks WAY too much like TS2's babies! They look so cold!"
    lol
    I don't actually mind Sims 3 babies. I haven't played Sims 2 in years so I can't even remember what they look like or what you could do with them.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    While it does look cute, I'm just not comfortable with that size of a baby aging into that a child. It just doesn't seem right to me, and it seems very obvious that the game is missing toddlers.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know EA cant please everyone, but those babies looks just like the ones from T2 ;[ and that disappoints me. IF that IS the baby that will make it into sims 4, I hope they AT LEAST have a random option : some babies are born bald, some are born with a head full of hair. and I hope they have baby clothes that you can purchase for them via dresser
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cute baby. All he (she?) needs is a blue shirt and a few strands sticking out of his (her?) head to resemble Tommy Pickles lol.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't know whether to yawn or still be frustrated..

The pic shows me 3 things..

1. Can't tell which is a teen

2. No toddler in the picture - big life-stage growth..

3. The baby is in a diaper and I have no idea if my Sims will be putting it on the floor again...

the thrill of Sims 3 babies was that they were covered and protected from being cold looking especially when weather came.. but.. the blanket grew old..

This game definitely needs a better evolution of the life stages..

Eventually I won't be upset about the no toddlers, maybe when I see pics that they are there.. :)
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting a more tactile and intuitive look for one. Secondly, I feel the baby doesn't look emotional enough, the lamp has more emotion :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting a more tactile and intuitive look for one. Secondly, I feel the baby doesn't look emotional enough, the lamp has more emotion :lol::lol::lol:

You might be right on that lamp thing. At least the lamps in the game have turn ons and turn offs, wish the sims had the same.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

You might be right on that lamp thing. At least the lamps in the game have turn ons and turn offs, wish the sims had the same.

Oww that was clever. Made me chuckle, thanks Jessa. :mrgreen:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

I am sure that baby is just laying there emoting deep and intuitive feelings, but I for one don't see it.
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know what people are seeing or if it's just a really bad quality picture but the baby looks weird, not cute to me. I need a close up though. But from this pic the sims 2 babies were still better. They have legs, great, that's some improvement. No clothes though.

I think I'm done with TS4 before it even began. Looks like I'll be sticking with TS3 after all unless this gets better. :?

Disappointed yet again.

Meanwhile the sims freeplay babies have clothes... and toddlers... In an APP! :x
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Disappointed yet again.

Meanwhile the sims freeplay babies have clothes... and toddlers... In an APP! :x

They have preteens, pools and pets too

"Let your Sims get married, make babies, and then watch them grow into toddlers and pre-teens. Care for pets, grow gardens, even bake cakes. "

Also, you forget the best bit... it's FREE!!! 8)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Wow. The babies of TS2. No clothes again. You'd think after 10 years they would advance the other ages in some minor way.

:thumbup:

I think this is a big flop or a really bad joke.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Disappointed yet again.

"Let your Sims get married, make babies, and then watch them grow into toddlers and pre-teens. Care for pets, grow gardens, even bake cakes. "

LOL :lol: Exactly right!!

I forgot that for a second, I was too preoccupied with my disappointed emotions.

My favourite game has become a joke to me. :cry:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    Justme!!!! LOL, it's true sims free play does have pools and toddlers and even toddler pools.

Omg that is sims 2 baby, i bet just like in sims 2 you still won't be able to buy clothes and dress up the baby. Swear EA wants money but there so backwards and how the get it.

I'm sorry that's a huge leap from infant to kid. I just can't play without my toddlers.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Disappointed yet again.

But! They are not intuitive or emotional :lol: We need to pay $60 for a sims game that finally has a little AI :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Justme!!!! LOL, it's true sims free play does have pools and toddlers and even toddler pools.

Omg that is sims 2 baby, i bet just like in sims 2 you still won't be able to buy clothes and dress up the baby. Swear EA wants money but there so backwards and how the get it.

I'm sorry that's a huge leap from infant to kid. I just can't play without my toddlers.

:D I know, I have it and the babies (although stuck in a crib) are really cute (don't get anymore bad ideas EA) and at least 2 of my houses have a giant pool with all the toys as well! :D

Yes I bet it will be exactly like TS2. I tried to play it yesterday, didn't work out how I hoped, but you know, if this is all 4 has to offer I'll be sticking with 3. We deserve better than this as fans of the series. :(

And it is a huge leap, looks ridiculous like the sims 1 to me, a game great for its time but we should be improving since then.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    JustMe123 wrote:
    Disappointed yet again.

But! They are not intuitive or emotional :lol: We need to pay $60 for a sims game that finally has a little AI :lol:

Honestly I don't think I'm buying it. I don't want to say No definitely, in case "Things Change" and I become a hypocrite because I may buy it down the track (out of curiosity most likely)... But I see no reason to bother really. Just emotions, which may not compensate for the many losses I care about, toddlers, pools, CASt and not even the innovation to add baby clothes...
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA Shows Babies.

People still complain.

Guess you can't please everyone.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    Baby: Oh my god, I have knees!
    You're too late.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    EA Shows Babies.

People still complain.

Guess you can't please everyone.

Well not until they add clothing at the very least. :?