Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Render - FIRST LOOK AT BABIES

BrOVkxmIIAA38RY.jpg:large

Somebody on Twitter posted it, I'm not sure the original source though.

Comments

• Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    I swear that's just a photoshopped Sims 2 baby in a Sims 4 sims arms.

Edit: IF that is a Sims 4 baby then all I feel like all they did was go back into sims 2 programming and copied the baby into sims 4. And IF that is the case then EA is much lazier than they already are.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    edited June 2014
    After all the drama they knew they had to show us babies lol
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    It almost looks like they drew the baby in afterwards. It really doesn't look like the other sims. Its like a cheap plastic doll.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    A baby, a child, and a bunch of adults! I'm trying to see if there's a teen there and I honestly can't tell. Maybe that's the point.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I swear that's just a photoshopped Sims 2 baby in a Sims 4 sims arms.

Or it could be a real TS4 baby.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sarasara14sarasara14 Posts: 413 Member
    edited June 2014
    iiiiiii :O love it!! I do think there needs to be a toddler stage in between, it's a hude gap :) but otherwise I love it!!
    yxk-tumblr.jpg
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow they actually have legs! Glad they didn't deconfirm that :D
  • Options
    mia919mia919 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Adorable! I love it!
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D It's so cute! But how it can go from being that big to be a fully walking, talking child, I have no idea. :P
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    The two women in the front are holding hands. :)

It looks like the baby is about to fall out of that man's arms. Cute though, it looks very much like the TS2 babies.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited June 2014
    Renders can look like anything the marketing people want to have drawn. Doesn't necessarily represent actual in-game graphics or play.

However, I will certainly say that if that's what babies look like in TS4, they are a vast improvement over the TS3 maggots. Not really any discernible improvement over the babies from the 10-year-old TS2 game, though.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow nice! They have legs.

And also, can I see a same-sex couple or two?

No, I think that render is trying to show the 'bro' trait stuff. But remember Sims won't stand or sit or pose half the ways they do in the renders. That's confirmed for sure. Renders are just renders.

And without having to post another remark I'm going to add it here: there is no way I can spot a teen in that picture. And that to me is lame.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    The baby looks like the babies from the sims 2!

I think I see two same sex couples! The two women holding hands, and the guy that has his arm around that other guy. :-)
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's an improvement as far as larvae babies are concerned but I was hoping for something above Sims 2 babies. Not identical looking Sims 2 babies.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2014
    How come I already miss the toddler life stage... :cry:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

No, I think that render is trying to show the 'bro' trait stuff. But remember Sims won't stand or sit or pose half the ways they do in the renders. That's confirmed for sure. Renders are just renders.

And without having to post another remark I'm going to add it here: there is no way I can spot a teen in that picture. And that to me is lame.

I'd love it if they stood or posed like that in the game. The teen might be the girl in purple?

The baby is cute, though. It does remind me of TS2's babies, but then again the whole game has given me a TS2 vibe ever since they started showing us stuff.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    It's an improvement as far as larvae babies are concerned but I was hoping for something above Sims 2 babies. Not identical looking Sims 2 babies.

I agree. I just guess they had to copy the babies due to time constrains... Better than no babies! :roll:
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    meh..........ngl I set my hopes up high for babies with little hair and wearing cute baby clothes like footie pjs and a pacifier ... :roll:

hope there is a lot more to the babies... :?
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is getting utterly ridiculous now!!! Where are the screenshots???!!! :x

Edit: Forgot to mention how EMOTIONLESS that baby looks, TS2 babies are cuter, this looks like a Sims 3 baby without the blanket... Come on *frustrated sigh*
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    It almost looks like they drew the baby in afterwards. It really doesn't look like the other sims. Its like a cheap plastic doll.
    And people thought the #3 babies looked creepy, lol.
  • Options
    TSJassonTSJasson Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

Yeah, I think they show off Bro trait, but I translated it and it said "Take pride in The Sims 4", I think this is for LGBT Day, or Pride Day? I don't know what is it called.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow so the title "tenha orgulho no the sims 4" means "take pride in The Sims 4". This is a render for Pride month, thank you EA. :thumbup:

And that's why that kid has a rainbow looking toy too! This is so cute :)
    keep on keepin' on