Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Render - FIRST LOOK AT BABIES

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    To those wondering about the same-sex couples, the text says "Take Pride in The Sims 4", and you'll notice that their clothes are the colour of the Pride Flag.

ETA: Sorry, I see somebody already posted a translation of the text :)
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited June 2014
    I just checked the caption in Google Translation, and it comes up as:
    Take pride in the sims 4

Sounds like a phrase that could reference LGBT couples.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    finally, hallelujah.

Oh and thanks for posting it ofcourse!
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited June 2014
    The text translates to "Take pride in The Sims 4"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    To those wondering about the same-sex couples, the text says "Take Pride in The Sims 4", and you'll notice that their clothes are the colour of the Pride Flag.

If that is true (I'm sorry I didn't see the women or the colors at first) but don't you think this is just a little bit like EA is trying to sway people to buy the base by doing this so people will get over the toddler thing as long as they think EA is supporting gays in this game? I think it is all a marketing strategy to hood wink players...hey look no toddlers ! but look! EA supports Gays! And that is really shameful of them. Don't you think it is odd this picture (if it is not just bro trait and trying to show support for gay couples in game etc.) comes out today after all the back lash these last two days? It really, really is shameful of them.

ETA: gah I haven't had enough coffee, yet. Yeah the caption is trying to show support I see it now, but still it's like when one party thinks they are going to loose too many minority votes they hold up some token person or something minorities really care about and exploit it. It really is sickening of EA to do this 'now' in hopes they don't loose their gay customers over the toddler back lash. That's how I see it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

If that is true (I'm sorry I didn't see the women or the colors at first) but don't you think this is just a little bit like EA is trying to sway people to buy the base by doing this so people will get over the toddler thing as long as they think EA is supporting gays in this game? I think it is all a marketing strategy to hood wink players...hey look no toddlers ! but look! EA supports Gays! And that is really shameful of them. Don't you think it is odd this picture (if it is not just bro trait and trying to show support for gay couples in game etc.) comes out today after all the back lash these last two days? It really, really is shameful of them.

The horrible thing is it's almost working! It's going to take at least a canon gay couple in one of the new neighbourhoods to sway me, and honestly, the first thing I noticed about this picture was the weird lack of a toddler since there's a child and a baby.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Chewbacca has a boyfriend. Now I know why he turned down Babs when she tried to cuddle with him on the sofa in the stories trailer. :P
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

I don't know, because EA as a company are known for supporting gay rights, and I believe they actually took part in the San Francisco Pride Parade last year. Whether or not they do that for genuine reasons or just to help their public image, I'll leave people to come to their own conclusions on.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2014
    After seeing this baby the jump from baby to child freaks me out even more :shock:.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm really happy that babies have limbs. It's cool. But it's just so much like Sims 2. We've been there, had that, and wrote the book on it. I'm looking for something new from Sims 4. Not Sims 2 carbon copied babies. It might as well be Sims 2.5.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Why is everyone teen upwards the same height?
    It looks stupid as hell...
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    COMPARISON
    SIMS 2
    the-sims-2-1.0-3_800x600.jpg

SIMS 3
    how-to-install-the-sims-3-complete-until-expantion-pack.jpeg
    SIMS 4
    BrOVkxmIIAA38RY.jpg:large
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

ETA: gah I haven't had enough coffee, yet. Yeah the caption is trying to show support I see it now, but still it's like when one party thinks they are going to loose too many minority votes they hold up some token person or something minorities really care about and exploit it. It really is sickening of EA to do this 'now' in hopes they don't loose their gay customers over the toddler back lash. That's how I see it.

I just see it as them hiding behind the LGBT, LBTG, BLT on rye (its one of those acronyms right?) community because any criticism and the person doing the criticising is eviscerated, defence by association. unfortunately for EA most (unfortunately not all) aren't stupid enough to fall for it.

It's just yet another render and at the moment at least the baby look creepy as hell in it.
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zerbu wrote:

Somebody on Twitter posted it, I'm not sure the original source though.

Think the guy in the orange tanktop is a teen

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    vtmovtmo Posts: 22
    edited June 2014
    Wow nice! They have legs.

And also, can I see a same-sex couple or two?
    You can see 3! The sims on the right are a couple and a proud dad (the caption reads "have pride in The Sims 4").

This was posted to commemorate Christopher Street Liberation Day.

Higher quality:

q82BqJ5.jpg

Really cool, EA!
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zerbu wrote:

He has a gold band on his left ring finger, could mean he's married?
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Zerbu wrote:

Does that make his full-bearded boyfriend a teen too? Because if so this life stage is just getting better and better.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2014
    vtmo wrote:
    Wow nice! They have legs.

And also, can I see a same-sex couple or two?
    You can see 3! The sims on the right are a couple and a proud dad (the caption reads "have pride in The Sims 4").

This was posted to commemorate Christopher Street Liberation Day.

Higher quality:

q82BqJ5.jpg

Really cool, EA!
    I thought the three last sims represented bisexuality/pansexuality?

I'm not proud of it but they hit a spot which softens me up a bit with this. Just a little bit though...
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I swear that's just a photoshopped Sims 2 baby in a Sims 4 sims arms.

Edit: IF that is a Sims 4 baby then all I feel like all they did was go back into sims 2 programming and copied the baby into sims 4. And IF that is the case then EA is much lazier than they already are.

How else is a baby sup post to look, geez!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

Does that make his full-bearded boyfriend a teen too? Because if so this life stage is just getting better and better.
    it might be his dad, his brother, it could be his boyfriend, or their just buddies....on another note is that Miley Cyrus on the end there lol

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    The guy in the orange tank top is married to the guy in the yellow shirt, the woman with the child is holding hands with another woman, and the two girls at the end are a couple, with the dad proud of them.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:
    I swear that's just a photoshopped Sims 2 baby in a Sims 4 sims arms.

Edit: IF that is a Sims 4 baby then all I feel like all they did was go back into sims 2 programming and copied the baby into sims 4. And IF that is the case then EA is much lazier than they already are.

How else is a baby sup post to look, geez!
    At the least? Part of the same species as the adults...

edit~ additionally.

Baby on left, child in the middle, that's one hell of a birthday growth spurt right there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    The two women in the front are holding hands. :)

It looks like the baby is about to fall out of that man's arms. Cute though, it looks very much like the TS2 babies.

Oh wow I didn't notice the two women holding hands. It's too bad this is photoshopped though because none of this stuff will be in game. :(